MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 8 Discussion


#1
Nov 22, 2010 9:00 AM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 22216
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Susukihotaru and Agemaki faced danger for being Zakuro's important people...

Summary
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

 
#2
Nov 22, 2010 11:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 94
Very good episode. I'm glad the plot is moving forward now with the evil people. Though I wonder when we're gonna see the masked man from the OP...
 
#3
Nov 22, 2010 12:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2742
Wow, a nose-bleed episode, haha!
Very interesting episode. Not much needing to be said, but that I absolutely love Agemaki's and Zakuro's relationship. I must say that it is very decent.
However, it seems that the series will be a 13 episode one at the pace it's going now...
Can't wait however for it to get finished so I can re-watch it without worries xD
Meh, and I'm not asking for too much, but I really hope for a kiss to come...
 
#4
Nov 22, 2010 12:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4389
I just adore Riken and Susukihotaru's relationship!!
Everyone else seems to have changed for the better because of who they've been partnered with, but Zakuro is still just as tsundere as ever. Fortunately, Agemaki is very good and breaking through her walls.
 
#5
Nov 22, 2010 12:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 637
I love this anime o.o And SusukiHotaru x Riken and Agemaki x Zakuro are my fave couples :3
 
#6
Nov 22, 2010 12:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 18262
Agemaki is good partnered with Zakuro as he can break her tsundere emotional barriers. As for Zakuro, she's really powerful when angered.


 
#7
Nov 22, 2010 2:02 PM
Forum Moderator
Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 5411
Those 2 grey haired enemy's seemed interesting, i wonder what there past was like since they seem to adore and respect that black widow lady.
But also seem to cary allot of hatred, and what was that village they where talking about.
The bond between Susukihotaru Riken Afemaki and Zakuro seems to have become closer as well, i wonder what that will mean for future episodes.
Still one question remains why is the enemy after Zakuro?
 
#8
Nov 22, 2010 2:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1305
This has oddly turned into probably (so far) one of my favorites of the season, and I love the cast.

As for the question of the masked man... Can anyone say Lt alwayshittingzakuro-san lol
 
#9
Nov 22, 2010 2:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2847
Don't be jealous of her freedom but try to grab yours fight for it if you need to.

Agemaki being as useless as usual and Susukihotaru, Riken being lovie-dovie as usual and not enough of the twins and half pint.
 
Nov 22, 2010 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 57
Zakuro is what a perfect tsundere character should be. I enjoy how she shows her soft, emotional side now and again and that it's not always 'rawr rawr I'm angry, I'm a bitch rawr rawr!!!'

And Agemaki is so good for her...and Riken and Susukihotaru are a perfect match as well. This episode was very enjoyable, especially the new half-spirits. I hope they'll be able to free themselves as I'm sure they desire...

Can't wait for episode 9!
Signatures were meant to be:

A. Flashy (40% of MAL users)
B. Creative (56% of MAL users)
C. Cool (4% of MAL users)
D. None of the above (your signature)

 
Nov 22, 2010 2:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2104
The hug at the end was so cute! Tsundere Zakuro is cute for sure.
Good episode as always.
I thought the black widow was dead...was she not killed in the military gala?
 
Nov 22, 2010 3:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 105
@Linalee-Stratos Triple post?

Anyways: Another great and very interesting episode.. Honestly, despite me being a bit doubtful of the first ep, I'm completely loving it.

Though I want to see where it goes, I also want it too last as long as possible.. I don't want it to end at just 13 or so. But we'll see what it'll become.
Osu!
 
Nov 22, 2010 4:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6306
Good, we have a bad guy (or girl). I like how Zakuro opens up a bit to Agemaki, let's hope that improves.
 
Nov 22, 2010 4:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1830
just when i thought this show couldn't get anymore awesome, it just proved me wrong with this ep.

was amazing, and the crying scene at the end, where Agemaki embraced Zakuro was epic!

and I love their new suit's in the upcoming episode!
 
Nov 22, 2010 4:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 727
Hoppy said:
Agemaki is good partnered with Zakuro as he can break her tsundere emotional barriers. As for Zakuro, she's really powerful when angered.

I think she might be too powerful. It seems like they were trying to get her to break some limit while fighting her.

mizsphinx said:
Zakuro is what a perfect tsundere character should be. I enjoy how she shows her soft, emotional side now and again and that it's not always 'rawr rawr I'm angry, I'm a bitch rawr rawr!!!'

And Agemaki is so good for her...and Riken and Susukihotaru are a perfect match as well. This episode was very enjoyable, especially the new half-spirits. I hope they'll be able to free themselves as I'm sure they desire...

Can't wait for episode 9!

I completely agree. I absolutely adore tsunderes like Zakuro. They're so cute. And I love the Riken-Hotaru relationship as much as the Zakuro-Agemaki one, so I'm really happy with this cross-over episode. It looks like we're going to see more of both relationships in the next episode, so I just can't wait! ^_^

The only thing I didn't like in this one was the partial nudity and the over boobage. It just didn't fit at all with the way this show has been, and I really don't care for fanservice at all anyways.
 
Nov 22, 2010 4:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 64
Iilia said:

The only thing I didn't like in this one was the partial nudity and the over boobage. It just didn't fit at all with the way this show has been, and I really don't care for fanservice at all anyways.


If it makes you feel any better I just got the manga that this is in and it shows her the same way, so I really don't think it's meant to be anime fanservice, just how she needs to be healed. Why she needs ofuda on her boobs is beyond me though.
 
Nov 22, 2010 5:00 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 388
sirwence said:
As for the question of the masked man... Can anyone say Lt alwayshittingzakuro-san lol


Yeah I thought that guy in the op looks a lot like Hanadate.

Anyway Zakuro looked pretty cute crying in the end, anyone else think so?
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)


 
Nov 22, 2010 5:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 196
This show just gets better and better with every episode and I just the love characters more and more. The scene at the end with Agemaki and Zakuro just... /sighs/ So pretty. This is one of the best shows this season in my opinion. I can't wait to find out why that lady is after Zakuro and what's the story with her mother.
 
Nov 22, 2010 5:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 222
Am I the only one who's into Susukihotaru x Agemaki ><..

Any way the black widow sure is hot as hell but what a bitch..

Damn it no hot military guy this week too..
 
Nov 22, 2010 5:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 341
Good episode. So Black Widow is back, I thought she was dead after Zakuro stabbed her.
I enjoyed the discussion between Agemaki and Susukihotaru. I don't think that Daidai and Byakuroku are actually bad, they are just bad influenced by Black Widow and it seems that they had the same past, if not even worse than Bonbori and Hoozuki. The last part was my favorite moment.
<img src="http://enema27.host22.com/sigs/frosti/sig.php" border="0" />
 
Nov 22, 2010 5:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 727
neji64plms said:
sirwence said:
As for the question of the masked man... Can anyone say Lt alwayshittingzakuro-san lol


Yeah I thought that guy in the op looks a lot like Hanadate.

Anyway Zakuro looked pretty cute crying in the end, anyone else think so?
I always just listen to the OP and read other stuff on the net while it plays rather than watch the cinematics, so I had to go back and watch it. Yeah, he does look like Hanadate. And yes, I think everyone knows Zakuro brought new levels of cuteness at the end there. ;)
 
Nov 22, 2010 5:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 135
Anyway Zakuro looked pretty cute crying in the end, anyone else think so?


I though so and her hair was really good at the end of episode too ...now is it just me or did they make riken more handsome this episode? can't wait to see the white uniforms next episode
 
Nov 22, 2010 5:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3192
sirwence said:
This has oddly turned into probably (so far) one of my favorites of the season, and I love the cast.


+1

Wonderful show. I LOVE the moments between Zakuro and Agemaki <333.

I wonder WHY black window is trying to capture Zakuro... hmmmm....

Gotta wait another week :(
 
Nov 22, 2010 6:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2519
Maskonna said:
Am I the only one who's into Susukihotaru x Agemaki

I dare say, unfortunately, yes. :/

I just so love this anime. It keeps getting better and better.
Zakuro crying her heart out in the end was so priceless. she kept on saying she wasn't worried and cried her eyes out (Nakahara Mai at her best), and agemaki kept on saying hmm to her. OMG, so much love. Unlike many tsundere character in anime, i just so love this thing about zakuro that she shows so much affection and still remains tsun tsun.

Also loved it when Riken gave a big dango hug to Susukihotaru. I seriously can't pick my favourite pairing from this anime. Love them all. <3

upped my rating for this anime to 10/10. it will be a shame if it ends at episode 13. good shows are hard to find these days.

now to wait for [Mango] release in a week time, since they have superior subs for what I have seen in Episodes 6 and 7 thus far.

The only anime that is ahead of it is Kuragehime. But this undoubtedly will end up in my all time favs when it ends.

 
Nov 22, 2010 6:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2152
Yeah, after this episode (and that they haven't even shown the masked man from the OP yet) I can't see this being only 12/13 episodes. There's just too much they have to do.

That being said, I really adored this one. I mean adored it. Of course, the fight scene was great and it was something I had been waiting for for the whole series. And while it may seem cliche, I loved how each pairing pretty much confirmed each others ship when they were with the other guy/girl they weren't normally with.

Interesting to hear that about Kei though, how he used to restrain himself.
 
Nov 22, 2010 6:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 64
garfield15 said:
Yeah, after this episode (and that they haven't even shown the masked man from the OP yet) I can't see this being only 12/13 episodes. There's just too much they have to do.


I dunno, this episode happens at the end of vol. 3, and there are only 5 volumes out right now. I haven't gotten to vol. 5 yet though so maybe it's still got time to go after that, since I can't get a sense of where the manga series is at...
 
Nov 22, 2010 7:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 289
This show.. has to be one of the best of the season. The cast is wonderful, the pairings are interesting, and the topic is something that is dealt with everyday in many countries. --- Randy
 
Nov 22, 2010 7:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 27
VillettaIchihara said:
I just adore Riken and Susukihotaru's relationship!!
Everyone else seems to have changed for the better because of who they've been partnered with, but Zakuro is still just as tsundere as ever. Fortunately, Agemaki is very good and breaking through her walls.

I agree. Riken and Susukihotaru are just wonderful together. They can communicate in such a sweet way >.< and definitely, Zakuro needed some Agemaki at the end <3
 
Nov 22, 2010 9:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 215
Woah the cellar and fresh air was literally 1 step away... so after waiting for the cellar to flood, they could have just got out of there in under 30 secs?
 
Nov 22, 2010 11:15 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5213
its funny how the boys can nvr do any fighting properly

Awesome Sig by Lailide
 
Nov 22, 2010 11:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1165
Kind of confused with the black widow and her beef with Zakuro still..but I guess that will be explained soon enough.

Nice to see some drama again though.
Ok™
 
Nov 23, 2010 12:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 109
This episode got me squeeeeeing all the time! How cuter can it get? Take note, crappy shojo producers, this is what a GOOD story with LIKEABLE characters and BELIEVABLE relationship progress looks like.
 
Nov 23, 2010 12:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2519
Jigoku-n3ko said:
Take note, crappy shojo producers, this is what a GOOD story with LIKEABLE characters and BELIEVABLE relationship progress looks like.

I guess you have to be able to write shitload of Yaoi to actually come up with a good romance anime in the later stage of your career. at least thats how the story goes for Hoshino Lily. I dont recommend though, since yaoi/yuri/shounen ai/shoujo ai are all shit to me. Yaoi was all she did in her life. and not a single one was animated. Otome Youkai Zakuro was her first Seinen creation and the only original work converted to anime. good thing is that her current ongoings Yumemiru Koto and Heart Tsuranuite have more natural romance, i mean between opposite genders. she never wrote a story where there has been a female protagonist before these. ironically.
Modified by shanimebib, Nov 23, 2010 12:37 AM

 
Nov 23, 2010 1:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 114
GintokiSan said:
Woah the cellar and fresh air was literally 1 step away... so after waiting for the cellar to flood, they could have just got out of there in under 30 secs?


I wonder about that, because if the force of the water is strong enough, it could very well have knocked them back hard enough to get knocked out. Drowning then becomes a very real possibility.
 
Nov 23, 2010 2:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1986
I love Riken and Susukihotarou... they are adorable! Maybe my favourite couple...

The Black Widow is really annoying and imo shouldn't be in the series anymore since she already 'died'...
 
Nov 23, 2010 2:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2519
vucubcaquix said:
I wonder about that, because if the force of the water is strong enough, it could very well have knocked them back hard enough to get knocked out. Drowning then becomes a very real possibility.


^ that.

Also expecting a moderator to add the six character I happened to upload pretty soon. the six will mark more than half a century of characters being added to MAL by me. so I am waiting to be happy ^_^
Modified by shanimebib, Nov 23, 2010 11:19 PM

 
Nov 23, 2010 2:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1986
Maskonna said:
Am I the only one who's into Susukihotaru x Agemaki ><..


I love them too!! And Riken and Zakuro :D Hahaha~

Also, I love the ending with Riken and Susukihotaru singing together <3
 
Nov 23, 2010 2:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1679
Riken is a badass. It's his character, but if he didn't have so much concern for others, he could own.
Still much more to be revealed.
 
Nov 23, 2010 2:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2755
great ep i'm really suprised how good this show is.
 
Nov 23, 2010 9:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 109
shanimebib said:
Jigoku-n3ko said:
Take note, crappy shojo producers, this is what a GOOD story with LIKEABLE characters and BELIEVABLE relationship progress looks like.

I guess you have to be able to write shitload of Yaoi to actually come up with a good romance anime in the later stage of your career. at least thats how the story goes for Hoshino Lily. I dont recommend though, since yaoi/yuri/shounen ai/shoujo ai are all shit to me. Yaoi was all she did in her life. and not a single one was animated. Otome Youkai Zakuro was her first Seinen creation and the only original work converted to anime. good thing is that her current ongoings Yumemiru Koto and Heart Tsuranuite have more natural romance, i mean between opposite genders. she never wrote a story where there has been a female protagonist before these. ironically.


I know the creator did yaoi but I can't really compare mainstream shojo with yaoi since yaoi plays by different rules (not necesserily realistic portrayal of gay relationships--in fact that sometimes is the last thing in yaoi >.>). Still, this might be a case of the mangaka not wanting to do straight romance vs. not being able to, since I find it hard that a blah writer would make a finely balanced story like this. This hits all the right spots at the right time. Mind you, I steer clear of anything yaoi so I can't back up my theory.
Anyhoo, I was ranting against recent shojo series. The kind where the writers have some watered down rape fantasies or the kind where holding hands is the end point of 50 episodes.
 
Nov 23, 2010 9:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2252
At least Zakuro and the others will know they're after her. Other than that, I don't see the point of this episode.
The spider lady seems to have lots of alternate bodies. It would be difficult to get rid of her.
Modified by darkerealm, Nov 23, 2010 9:41 AM
 
Nov 23, 2010 9:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2152
darkerealm said:
At least Zakuro and the others will know they're after her. Other than that, I don't see the point of this episode. The spider lady seems to have lots of alternate bodies. It would be difficult to get rid of her.

It also showed that the twins are in a pretty screwed-up situation.
 
Nov 23, 2010 11:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 64
sakR9 said:
I love Riken and Susukihotarou... they are adorable! Maybe my favourite couple...

The Black Widow is really annoying and imo shouldn't be in the series anymore since she already 'died'...


She didn't die, she used an ofuda to disappear and probably healed herself when she got back.
 
Nov 23, 2010 12:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 2035
Plot movement for the win. This time they incorporated it with the development between the couples. Riken's hug was overshadowed and short so Zakuro stole all the spotlight this episode. The fight animation wasn't bad for a romance.

I guess it is suspected that the humans are worthless, hell Hotaru even refused his noble sacrafice. The good part is that they try to be as helpful as they can.
(Very Good 8/10)
 
Nov 23, 2010 2:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 215
another great installment.
I liked the twist with the black widow demon. When worse comes to worse it would turn out that she´s Zakuro´s mother.

I really like Agemaki x Zakuro so cute! And I do hope they make this show longer than just 12-13 episodes...
 
Nov 23, 2010 3:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 75
Aversa said:
Those 2 grey haired enemy's seemed interesting, i wonder what there past was like since they seem to adore and respect that black widow lady.
But also seem to cary allot of hatred, and what was that village they where talking about.
The bond between Susukihotaru Riken Afemaki and Zakuro seems to have become closer as well, i wonder what that will mean for future episodes.
Still one question remains why is the enemy after Zakuro?
my guess is that she has some powerful power in her and the enemy is planning to use it for their selfish reasons.

Zakuro and Agemaki scene was so cute o_o <3.

Mod edit: Please refrain from double posting. You can edit your previous post by clicking 'edit' at the bottom right of said post.
Modified by desolato, Nov 28, 2010 6:16 AM

 
Nov 23, 2010 3:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 70
Plot continuity , action, drama and the episode ending with hugs. Needles to say I loved this epidose :)

Jigoku-n3ko said:
or the kind where holding hands is the end point of 50 episodes.

lmao so true xD
 
Nov 23, 2010 5:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 176
every episode is worth mentioning...
definitely the series that exceed my expectation...

i thought this season i would go all over with Oreimo, Bakuman, and Index II
who knows Zakuro, Kuragehime and Ika Musume is all i'm waiting for every week

too bad this seems gonna be just a 12-13eps ride....
i wish they would have extend it to 24eps
Modified by Baronight, Nov 23, 2010 5:36 PM

 
Nov 23, 2010 7:58 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 679
great ep, =D .. lovin more susukihotaru along with the others yay
loved the scene of zakuro and agemaki face to face after saving em, followed by the last part
been one of my favorite series this season and starting to feel that this is the best one this season lol



~Nyaaa~


 
Nov 23, 2010 9:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 10
Susukihotaru and Riken are adorable. this show is great, can't wait for the next episode!
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »