MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

So, does anyone hate Kirino?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai »» So, does anyone hate Kirino?

Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: So, does anyone hate Kirino?
How can I? She IS SO CUTE!!! I want her as my sister!

192 18.20%
No, I like tsunderes :)

166 15.73%
I'm neutral.

97 9.19%
Yeah I dislike her a little for being bitchy sometimes.

237 22.46%
I REALLY HATE HER and she should definitely get a reality check! Why is she so popular?

306 29.00%
Who cares? It's only anime.

43 4.08%
Other option (please comment below)

14 1.33%
Voters: 1055

12-04-10, 6:52 AM

Sometimes i like her, sometimes i dislike her.
I like her because i can relate to her.
But i dislike her because i'm not a fan of tsundere characters.

12-04-10, 6:53 AM

She was ignored all these years by her brother so of course her attitude with him is to be expected

12-04-10, 7:22 AM

Chibi-Alice said:
Sometimes i like her, sometimes i dislike her.
I like her because i can relate to her.
But i dislike her because i'm not a fan of tsundere characters.

seconded
I love her obsession for eroges, moe, little sisters and stuff, but she's not the type of character I like. As she would say: "100% tsun and 0% dere"

12-04-10, 11:01 PM

Just finished episode 9, and I must admit that Kirino is a bit irritating to me.
I'm not sure how she'll turn out in the final episodes, but I don't think she's gonna be on the list of favorite Tsundere characters. Kuroneko on the other hand....

12-06-10, 1:14 AM

Her character development seriously lost its way after the incident with her Father resolved.

At this point, she's just being really selfish and ungrateful; I had hopes that she would have shown developments in her character but at this point it's almost as if we're watching the Kirino's character as it was right from the beginning.
Can you stand up for yourself?
Can you face your fears?
Can you see what I see?
Can you seize the day?
Can you tell me what you think?

K <3 S

12-06-10, 1:40 AM

Kirino is easily one of the worst characters in anime history. It really just boils down to a few things.

Character development. She exhibits practically none. Right from introduction, we know she is a flawed protagonist who has anime obsessions and resentment towards her brother. For unexplainable reasons, she fails to demonstrate any change in attitude towards people around her who impact her life.

Likability. If there was ever a way to make a character deliberately unlikable, Kirino epitomizes this. She does stupidly irrational things, her undesirable behaviors are essentially reinforced by the other characters, and the aforementioned lack of development in spite of the people who impact her life is simply appalling. Especially for a character who is supposed to be the heroine of a slice of life, this is unjustifiable. These are qualities you would consider only for a villain or anti-heroic role, and even then the level of irrationality Kirino's character exhibits is really pushing it for other kinds of roles.

Kirino-phan said:
Honestly, can't you guys see that Kirino is quite pitiful? I mean, most of her life was probably filled with sadness due to Kyousuke ignoring her, this sadness eventually lead to the 2 siblings ignoring each other.

And now that Kyousuke is finally starting to show concern on her, do you really think she let go of what happened in the past few years and become the generic, cute and loving Imouto? Do you think its possible for her to show a huge change of heart when she has been scarred by Kyousuke ignoring her for so long?
Firstoff, why is this even a problem in the first place? The best explanation for Kirino's overall attitude is that Kirino is an overemotional hormonal teenage girl, and even that is hardly a really consistent explanation. There is nothing unusual about having little interaction with certain family members, and that alone isn't a reason for Kirino's extremely irrational resentment. And if she truly had any plans to improve her relationship with her brother in the first place, she definitely wouldn't be nearly as irrational, insensitive, and flat out obstinate.

Oh and, think about it: From barely talking to each other to asking Kyousuke out on a Christmas Date on the pretext of getting materials. How can you not call that an improvement in their relationship?
I don't see a change in the relationship. Episode 7, Kirino asks Kyosuke to get run over by a truck. Really not much different from her attitude towards Kyosuke in episode 1. And totally uncalled for under any circumstances.

And lastly, as of what she said at the end of ep 8, how the next Life Counseling session will be the last one. It could show that Kirino is finally starting to feel bad for Kyousuke standing up for her all the time and yet keeping quiet about it.

IMO, she could've already known what happened during the meeting and was testing Kyousuke to see if he'll speak up or just continue to keep it a secret from her, and judging from the short pause before she said the last line, i assume that she is starting to feel bad and doesn't want to trouble him anymore)
We'll just have to see. All I see in Kirino is a clueless, irrational, PMS afflicted teenage girl who wants to have her cake and eat it too.
Modified by A2ZOMG, 12-06-10, 3:03 AM

12-06-10, 3:02 AM

If the Light Novel does better than the anime, that's just facts. As you stated, the anime has changed things. Other facts include that Kirino from the anime Ore no Imouto is still one of the worst characters I've seen.

My arguments are strictly in relation to my opinions on how I would potentially rate the anime, especially since this is the anime discussion forum. The Light Novel is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Rating atm is bordering from 4-5. This isn't the first time I've seen a bad main character ruin a show. Rin from Shuffle! did the same thing, and if I understand Ore no Imouto correctly, Rin is in the same situation as Kirino, where his anime rendition is by far worse than his original rendition (from a Visual Novel in his case).
Modified by A2ZOMG, 12-06-10, 3:10 AM

12-06-10, 3:09 AM

Yanathrae said:
She is the reason why I dropped this anime.

Pretty much sums up my answer and the fact the series took a good message and just failed to deliver on executing it properly. I can be honest that for the first few episodes, it didn't particular bother me, but after ep.4, it went downhill and apparently hasn't stopped either. Made the right choice is dumping this waste of time.

12-06-10, 3:23 AM

i'm neutral .....but ......more to this -----------> " How can I? She IS SO CUTE!!! I want her as my sister!"

A2ZOMG said:
If the Light Novel does better than the anime, that's just facts. As you stated, the anime has changed things. Other facts include that Kirino from the anime Ore no Imouto is still one of the worst characters I've seen.

My arguments are strictly in relation to my opinions on how I would potentially rate the anime, especially since this is the anime discussion forum. The Light Novel is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Rating atm is bordering from 4-5. This isn't the first time I've seen a bad main character ruin a show. Rin from Shuffle! did the same thing, and if I understand Ore no Imouto correctly, Rin is in the same situation as Kirino, where his anime rendition is by far worse than his original rendition (from a Visual Novel in his case).

bro ....you better watch anime rather than spending your time bashing Kirino ....its not like they will listen to your ranting about kirino being a bitch or something ...and the anime is going to end soon ...so be happy ......

12-06-10, 6:28 AM

what?
do ppl don't know real bitches sister?, well thanks god my syster is great and loves me :3, but i know guys with popular school sisters.

and they're much worst than Kirino.

come on, most of ppl just hate kirino because is not the tipical "jeje supercutedodeyimoutouprotagonist" who show his love for kyosuke and thats all.

Kirino is a completly great character, A model, a top student, do you know how are most top/popular student?
and there is the fact that, in her world, fighting her love for the eroge with the other self, the model superpopular Kirino, she was alone, no kyousuke supporting her, no brother to show his love and get advice on what to do, do you figure out that if Kirino never dropped the meruru case, and kyosuke never find it, she probably continued alone until dunno what?
she is like this, you can't espect her to be honest and stop acting like a bitch to Kyousuke when he entered his life by that way, and so fast.

Maybe because in the novels she is not that bictchy (the end of the novel 7 is beautifull *runs to his bookshelve, pick novel 7 to read it again*) .... well she is, but still gives more hints on her true feelings, and also in the anime, you just need to put attencion on what kirino say on the first episodes ;)

aniway most hate her because
A: is no the character they espected.
B: they're in love with kyosuke, who is one of the guiltys about Kirino behaviour. (watching it from the "brother" point)

sry my english btw
Modified by codes, 12-06-10, 6:34 AM

12-06-10, 6:36 AM

Bland tsundere is bland. I don't find her cute, I find her disturbing.

12-06-10, 7:20 AM

I think this is going well. If she's just your normal imouto-type character, it would be boring.

Also, I think it's building itself up (yes the bitchy attitude) so that they can come back with a good ending. I don't like linear stories myself.

Anyway, I don't know about the light novel so I'm only saying this in my own assumptions.

12-06-10, 8:07 AM

I only didn't drop the anime cauz of the brother... she's just WAAAAY too bitchy to play the "imouto" character -_- She doesn't have to hit him évery time and well it's just that she's too arrogant... well at least I hope in the end will be nicer than she's been to him till now o.o

12-06-10, 8:44 AM

I'm picturing Kyousuke will bitch slap her and that'll let her realize how awesome her brother is XD (I hope)

It would be disappointing if it ended with Kyousuke waggling his tail.

12-06-10, 9:17 AM

CTO said:
Started off liking her, but since her bitchiness and manipulative ways are being exposed, I dislike her a lot now. I wouldn't say I hate her, but she definitely needs a reality check.

i agree, the last episode, where she was going to get her own anime, i was glad that things weren't working out for her. but then things ended up going her way anyways.
i like tsunderes and all, but i think Kirino goes too far. i think she's a bitch.

12-06-10, 9:35 AM

td31 said:
She was ignored all these years by her brother so of course her attitude with him is to be expected
Really? it looks to me that the brother is the one ignored by her...how he dreamed of his sister waking him up and later on trying to tell her a few things and get ignored seems to me that the brother is the victim here.

12-06-10, 11:16 AM

I'm fine with Tsundere's mostly, but Kirino is just too much. She doesn't have to kick, slap, what else? to Kyousuke. I just hate her attitude towards Kyousuke.

12-06-10, 11:23 AM

While I normally like the tsundere archetypes, she's becoming more and more bitchy with each passing episodes and it's slowly pissing me off. Regardless of how their relationship got so bad, Kyousuke does everything he can to please her, but it's never good enough.

Maybe it's her way of showing him she doesn't like how he ignored/mistreated her over the past years (whichever applies), but I think there comes a point where she could at least thank him more for all the stuff he lets her make him go through.

12-06-10, 11:24 AM

While I normally like the tsundere archetypes, she's becoming more and more bitchy with each passing episodes and it's slowly pissing me off. Regardless of how their relationship got so bad, Kyousuke does everything he can to please her, but it's never good enough.

Maybe it's her way of showing him she doesn't like how he ignored/mistreated her over the past years (whichever applies), but I think there comes a point where she could at least thank him more for all the stuff he lets her make him go through.

12-06-10, 11:30 AM

I'm fine with Tsundere's mostly, but Kirino is just too much. She doesn't have to kick, slap, what else? to Kyousuke. I just hate her attitude towards Kyousuke.

Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices