Forum Settings
Forums

Producer of Marverous Entertainment Resents OreImo Episode 8

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 21, 2010 9:10 PM

Jul 2008
Producers AND Authors have it tough, eh?
Nov 21, 2010 9:13 PM

Jul 2007
Hypeathon said:
Splitter said:
She's an A student, the star of the track team, a model, a diehard otaku, an author, and yet she still finds time to lay about the house.

No, I'm sorry. Not buying it. This is like the antithesis of Bella Swan. Instead of a character adored for doing nothing, we now have a character adored for doing more than is physically possible.

Whatever, just spare me the exaggerated rage over an animated character, please? I've seen enough of anime fans getting bent out of shape over trivial things after listening to the rantings of a 2 hour audio track of an Evangelion missionary who's mission is to make a utopia on how to watch a TV show. Jesus.

I'm sorry, who responded to who now? If you want to leave it with "whatever", don't respond in the first place. I'm not going to stop speaking my mind because you don't like it.

I'm a critic. I analyze what I watch and pay attention to the details. I make note of the pros and cons of any given series. To me, like any TV show or movie or book, it's not just "simple entertainment" to me. I'm not telling you how to watch the show, or that you shouldn't even like the show, but don't try to start something you can't finish.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Nov 21, 2010 9:23 PM

Nov 2010
Oh, the drama XD

despite the fact that the guy did the school days anime, i think he may have a point, no one likes being portrayed as the bad guy. but sometimes you just gotta take the hit and laugh it off
Nov 21, 2010 9:24 PM

Jun 2008
Goosey said:
Guy produced 11eyes and School Days...nuff said.

LOL I didn't even bother to read the rest when I first read he produced 11 eyes and School days xD

Nov 21, 2010 9:31 PM

Dec 2008
cr4sian_phil said:
Needs more incest.

thats a messed up fetish u have there. but who am i to say anything. have fun doin ur sister lol

--
The episode generalized Anime directors and i would be surprised if someone didnt get mad about that. But then again, a Director did produce this episode, im sure they had a really long talk about the process.

Maybe connection to what happened with Ore no imouto?
Nov 21, 2010 9:39 PM

Feb 2010
Total fail. I sense people regretting this in the next few weeks.
Nov 21, 2010 10:31 PM

May 2009
anime_rulez71 said:
Goosey said:

LOL I didn't even bother to read the rest when I first read he produced 11 eyes and School days xD
He'd probably do well to tweet less and focus on improving his craft a bit more.
Nov 21, 2010 10:45 PM

Apr 2009
just stupid argument

how many ppl actually thinks what happen in anime is actually happening in reality?
Nov 21, 2010 11:59 PM

Mar 2009
After checking out this episode I'd see if I agree with him or not.
Nov 22, 2010 12:45 AM

Dec 2006
I thought this was about something sexual/violent but "working relationship" ?

Nov 22, 2010 12:47 AM

Nov 2007
Big lol @ his name.
Nov 22, 2010 1:03 AM

Oct 2009
I kinda like OreImo the way it is... sure Kirino's obnoxious but the show sends good vibes for some reason...

Off topic but it's kinda funny imagining anime directors and creators watching animes and dissing them isn't it? xD
BADGES
Nov 22, 2010 1:28 AM
Mar 2008
To be fair School Days without the Nice Boat ending wouldn't be memorable at all. And it had some basis in the original VN. (Even though none of the endings play out exactly like that.)

11eyes however... yeah that was a pretty bad adaption.
Nov 22, 2010 2:03 AM

Aug 2009
"marverous"?
Ha-cha!
Nov 22, 2010 2:21 AM

Apr 2008
Nov 22, 2010 4:49 AM

Mar 2008
cr4sian_phil said:
Needs more incest.

That's all I care about :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2010 4:53 AM

May 2010
Kipcha said:
Goosey said:

First thing I thought when I read the article. Seriously, this guy is complaining about other series?

Hmm ...
Nov 22, 2010 5:05 AM

Nov 2008
after i've watch it i'll give u guys my opinion
Nov 22, 2010 6:37 AM
Nov 2010
Well, the joke here is that this doesn't happen in the novels, so much for all that "sticking to the original work" this episode was about, but it was obviously approved. The novels wrote about kirino's work being stolen and is completely different. Such irony....and that director is taking this too seriously, since this anime DID change during adaptation.

(I personally hoped for the original, though. One point I would agree with the director is that this wasn't very well done. But nice try.)
Nov 22, 2010 7:58 AM

Apr 2009
it's not something bad to complain about
Nov 22, 2010 8:11 AM

Nov 2008
kaminakun said:
cr4sian_phil said:
Needs more incest.

That's all I care about :)

Yes, it does need more incest and more hybrid tsundere/yandere Ayase however the anime is entertaining as it is and the producers need to get a sense of humor, no reason to get butthurt. Also, both 11eyes and School Days sucked pretty badly.

Nov 22, 2010 12:08 PM
Oct 2008
dtshyk said:
Slight spoiler of OreImo Ep8!!
Ito Makoto, the producer of "School Days", "11eyes"

Wait... the producer of School Days is named the same as the main character... never saw it coming...
Nov 22, 2010 12:24 PM
Aug 2008
Three_Leaf_Ivy said:

you sir/madam, wins the thread.
Nov 22, 2010 12:40 PM

Feb 2008
did people forget they are watching a fictional story? they could make light of people who are dying of cancer...wouldn't make any difference to me.
Nov 22, 2010 12:58 PM
Jan 2008
Meh, needs more Kuroneko than anything. She's the lifeblood saving factor of this show for me at least...

I really don't understand why they'd get their panties in a wad for getting nitty gritty with part of the animation production process - I mean, if Ito Makoto thinks that this is going to cause further tensions between authors and anime producers, isn't it being truthful then? If that's not at all the case, why care at all what they do - it's an ANIME; Anime BREATHES caricaturization in pretty much everything!
Nov 22, 2010 6:10 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Splitter said:
Hypeathon said:

Kirino is a 14 year-old girl who gets to buy whatever she wants out of the money she earns from modeling. Does that help explain things?

She's an A student, the star of the track team, a model, a diehard otaku, an author, and yet she still finds time to lay about the house.

No, I'm sorry. Not buying it. This is like the antithesis of Bella Swan. Instead of a character adored for doing nothing, we now have a character adored for doing more than is physically possible.

Nothing is physically impossible. I'm an A student with 3 part-time jobs and I'm a die-hard otaku. Have a problem with that? Oh and I'm a avid fantasy/SF book reader, computer gamer and TCG player too. Nothing is impossible if you have the right conditions.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 22, 2010 9:22 PM

May 2010
Excuse me while I laugh at his name and the fact that he's the producer of School Days. x)

love is such a strange thing
but with you, it doesn't matter

Nov 22, 2010 10:13 PM

Jun 2008
I watched the episode and I truly agree with it..

I don't know your opinion coz its YOUR opinion in the first place..
The reason I agree with him is because they don't need to take the topic too much deeper and make it complicated.

Visit our website at http://www.animeotakucorner.com
Nov 23, 2010 8:52 AM

Jun 2009
Three_Leaf_Ivy said:
No wonder.

Nov 24, 2010 2:13 AM

Aug 2009
I laughed at this thread, since no-one seems to catch how controversial this issue is.

It's like, 'Original episode, about original anime ruining the original novel, ruined the original novel.'
Nov 24, 2010 3:04 PM
Dec 2007
ringoo4 said:
I laughed at this thread, since no-one seems to catch how controversial this issue is.

It's like, 'Original episode, about original anime ruining the original novel, ruined the original novel.'
More like people don't give a shit. Anime viewers have known for ages that anime producers screw up adaptations all the time. Also, if something like this could actually be that counterproductive in the anime staff-original author relationship then the relations between them are already pretty tense to begin with; it would only mean the episode is actually correct in the characterization.

Nov 24, 2010 3:59 PM

May 2009
i laugh at this. i mean seriously, school days and 11 eyes and u still can say that line? wow. unbelievable.
mukuro-sama♥ hibari-sama♥fon-sama♥
My top wanted things:
1. Yato umbrellas!!
2. Mukuro's left eye
3. LEON!!! (KHR)
Nov 29, 2010 4:30 PM

Jun 2007
Ash-Falls-Town said:
To be fair School Days without the Nice Boat ending wouldn't be memorable at all. And it had some basis in the original VN. (Even though none of the endings play out exactly like that.)

11eyes however... yeah that was a pretty bad adaption.

You mean things like...

...weren't memorable? Even without the ending, School Days still deserves credit for doing a lot more than most eroge-based anime ever do.

Anyway, regarding actual topic: Portraying corporate types and producers as greedy and uncaring about authors'/creators' wishes is nothing new. Now, if there was an uncanny resemblance to a specific situation on a specific show that actually happened, then I could understand the resentment. But the whole "making lead character a male" seems less than likely. I mean, it's fairly common to remove the male lead entirely and create more yuri or quasi-yuri relationships. Just look at Yami to Boushi... and Koihime Musou, for example.
Dec 5, 2010 10:30 AM

Apr 2008
Who gives a fuck on what he says?

I don't know but I can't help to think that this guy's an ass since I never liked his works anyway. School Days and 11 eyes lol..they're in the bottom of my list. Just saying though.

Dec 11, 2010 2:40 PM

Jun 2009
i actuall like 11 eyes but hated school days it was terribler and guy who is complaining shut up. They merely told the truth plain and simple so suck it up already his complaining just makes him look like an idiot
Dec 20, 2010 12:08 PM

Jan 2009
What the hell and you call that news?
This is anime, we watch it to fangirl and fap over it, not to criticize something stupid as this.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

56 by Icebreaker93 »»
22 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
1 hour ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 4 hours ago

1 by deg »»
3 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.