Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Air Gear
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 22, 2010 2:01 AM

May 2010
the animation was good but:
when did Simca's eyes turned purple o.O
and Ikki has a stupid face and is never serious~in the OVA he looked completely different! and i miss Kenta voice soooo much T.T
and that Kanon boy was pretty hot XD.Why the hell didnt put him in anime T.T
AND I DIDNT SEE AGITO AT ALL DX
Nov 22, 2010 3:13 AM

Feb 2010
good ova but little short imo they skip some important parts.
Nov 22, 2010 11:26 AM
Aug 2009
Watched the OVA and thought I missed the season 2 of this series...The OVA seems so far ahead from where they left off in the anime series =/
Nov 22, 2010 1:11 PM

Sep 2008
Incomprehensible, in every sense of the word.
Nov 22, 2010 1:59 PM

Dec 2007
How long this OVA will be? Has anyone know a number of planned episodes?

Nov 22, 2010 2:09 PM

Aug 2010
Citrix said:
Watched the OVA and thought I missed the season 2 of this series...The OVA seems so far ahead from where they left off in the anime series =/
Nov 22, 2010 5:54 PM

Sep 2009
I would have preferred season 2, but this is good too. The battle animation really brought the manga to life, which is a bit of a feat considering how good the manga is at showing motion and action.

But...but...where's the Skankfunk music??? D=

Anime Blog Writer For: METANORN (Currently blogging: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Fractale, Tegami Bachi REVERSE)
Nov 22, 2010 8:44 PM

Feb 2008
Citrix said:

This. Considering that I haven't read the manga and have only watched the anime, where should I pick up in the manga to actually understand WTF is going on in this ova?
Nov 23, 2010 8:52 AM

Feb 2009
Having not watched the anime and only read the manga, I don't have the same complaints with it being different from the anime. I expected that it will skip over a lot of details but I didn't think it was this many. But what I was looking for in this OVA was not the details but the fight, which was done good, and the KISS, which was awesome.
This OVA was bundled with the manga so I think manga readers would be the only ones to understand and enjoy this.
Sadly, this is one of the few fights left that was really good in AG before it went downhill fast.
Hoping the next episode would be the next big fight in the top of the building that was awesome.
Nov 25, 2010 3:08 AM

Apr 2010
anyone care to explain what Ringo was doing on the bed? ;D

and what side effects does she normally get for using her regalia?

Nov 25, 2010 5:10 AM

Oct 2007
PBnJamz said:
anyone care to explain what Ringo was doing on the bed? ;D

and what side effects does she normally get for using her regalia?
That was the side effects after using her Sonia Road. I don't know if you still remember what happened in the anime, there was a battle between Sora+Ikki vs All of Noyamano sisters. In that battle they explained how the Sonia Road work when Rikka was using it to fight against Ikki. And the side effect is the more you use your attack the more you take damage from your own attack. And if you want more explanation then read manga chapter 132 which was skipped in the OVA.
LunaMay 5, 2012 7:53 AM

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 25, 2010 7:08 PM

Jun 2009
I really enjoyed watching this OVA. Ringo's getting more alluring and sexier while Ikki's getting becoming more serious. I can't wait for the next releases.
Nov 26, 2010 9:42 AM

Jun 2009
I was not to blown away by this episode abit confused by the whole thing
Nov 28, 2010 12:00 PM

Mar 2010
I found this OVA wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I had way higher expectations considering the anime. However, couldn't pull it off as well as I thought it could. Apparently, there's going to be another OVA release, and I hope they can pull this one off a little better than this one. Looking forward to the next!
Dec 1, 2010 7:56 PM

Jul 2009
Everyone seems to be saying "I can't wait for the next OVA", but who knows? maybe they're using these episodes to test the waters and see how the fans respond to an Air Gear anime that follows the manga closely. Now I know that they DID leave some things out, but is it possible that they're thinking about going for something like what FMA did with brotherhood? Personally I hope they are, because the darker tones of the manga would make for a really good anime :). I know it would be somewhat of a pain if they started from the beginning again, but let's face it; after all this time of NO AG at all, I'd much rather have a total restart and a long-running series than a couple more OVAs (for the record though, AG is totally one of my fav anime so a continuation would be nice too)
gundamgraveDec 1, 2010 10:58 PM

My god...I'm a tomato!!!
Dec 6, 2010 5:33 AM

Oct 2009
RingoPie said:
From what I remember Kururu's here IS supposed to be pink not blond, it was in one of the color pages.

The original anime was so shit in compared to the ova, original anime wasn't an anime it was just colored pages of the manga put together, at least the ova had a better feel to it, 2nd season in this quality would be so much better. >_>

It was in the special color 3 pages of some random chapter, it was blond and everybody on 4chan were like :o she's not pink.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2010 3:57 PM

Oct 2009
This is everything in a nutshell.

It doesn't follow the end of the original series with Ikki winning the new Regalia. In this OVA, Ikki already has the Wind Regalia. WTF!!!!!!!

It has way better art/animation specs.

It doesn't follow the original series in terms of character demeanors and attitudes. Ikki was way different than he was in the series. He wasn't funny or perverted or anything of the sort. Ringo was kind of strange and Simca was a softy (like she would be so easily defeated like that).

The characters were off. There was a bunch of random new people we've never seen before and we didn't get to see the original characters at all besides the main tier. Ikki's teammates were MIA.

The action element/superpowers were way better with super-saiyan type destructive force and auras. Ikki and Ringo tore each other to pieces.

So you get the idea. It was epic and needs a full blown second season, but it has to be the original Air Gear feel, not this new one.
Peoplestring - where you get paid to use the web as you please - http://www.peoplestring.com/?f=xenoknight.

Project Xeno Origin - my organization for RPG lovers and localization efforts - https://www.facebook.com/PXOrigin

http://nekoo.hostzi.com/C.S.E.A.G/1000+%20LE/Public/page8/Xenoknight.png
Dec 10, 2010 12:39 AM

Aug 2009
Totally disappointed with this OVA.
It seems that I'm watching a different anime.
They totally cut off where Ringo is feeling hurt.
I hope they will make the second OVA better.
The seiyuu is really bad also.

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Dec 11, 2010 2:25 PM

Nov 2010
It was quite nice, but somehow it felt, that they could have done this better :/
Well that's probably mostly because I personally disliked the change in their voices
Dec 15, 2010 10:20 AM

Feb 2009
Watched the original anime, didn't read the manga, didn't enjoy this as much as I should have. A 2nd season or a rebuild following closely the manga would be welcome but I doubt that will happen one day.
Dec 21, 2010 10:02 PM

Dec 2010
Woah, awesome. I mean, I've been reading it for a year now, finished the anime, and never got bored of it. Kanon is love~ <333
Jan 20, 2011 11:41 PM
Sep 2010
I Still dont get why they changed the whole cast....but i agree the art is much better (though i did spot some character's eyes had a different eye colour from the series)
----------------------------------------
Well, just finished watching episode, noticed better art compared to TV series and change in voice actors, previous voices seemed better, atleast for me.
Too bad they didn't show the rest of the Kogarasumaru gang.

SLIPLV said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, just finished watching episode, noticed better art compared to TV series and change in voice actors, previous voices seemed better, atleast for me.
Too bad they didn't show the rest of the Kogarasumaru gang.

††•M!SUNd3RStoOd.giRl•††
Jan 27, 2011 10:22 PM

Jul 2007
Well, that felt quite generic IMO
The animation quality isnt great. I think the TV series adaption captured the manga's energy way better.

And its definitely lacking in the BGM department.
This needed some Skankfunk lol

Anyway, this kinda killed my hopes of a 2nd animated season. If its to be animated by this same studio, I do not want it.

The manga is still awesome. I recommend anyone who hasnt started it, to read it instead of waiting for this.
Feb 9, 2011 3:12 PM

May 2009
hell yeah! I liked the original series, but this just blew it out of the water!
Great action, better looking, felt just like reading the manga :)

Annnnnnnd the after the credits clip!???!
LAughed for a good minute! That chap was hilarious.
"You will shed crimson tears."
Mar 1, 2011 7:59 AM

Mar 2008
yaHzee said:
Citrix said:

This. Considering that I haven't read the manga and have only watched the anime, where should I pick up in the manga to actually understand WTF is going on in this ova?

Does anyone know? I felt lost watching this having only seen the anime and never read the manga.
Apr 25, 2011 6:17 AM
Apr 2011
I absolutely loved the OVA...this is something for the manga readers. The ova's are not going to follow right after where the anime series left off. It looks like its only going to show the major fight scenes in the manga and which in this case i think they did an awesome job with this one. Ikki does get more serious as the manga progresses and the battle for the tower comes closer. Ringo is finally showing her true colors as the thorn queen. For all the anime viewers....just read it if you want to understand (chap 101 to about 140 i think)
Jul 9, 2011 6:49 AM

Jan 2010
pillsbury15 said:
It was good ... yet apparently very few people liked it ... then again

ReaperEXE said:
...only hardcore Air Gear fans who read and enjoy the manga can truly enjoy this...

Yet this is also true

true.

I read the manga and I'm so happy at least they still make the OVA, I hope they'll make the 2nd season instead of OVA...

And I want Kazu vs Gabishi to be animated too!!

Omg I want a 2nd season!!
Sep 30, 2011 1:33 AM

Jun 2008
I'm still reading the manga, and NONE of this shit makes any sense....

Why and How exactly does using roller blades make you fly???

Well whatever, what I really don't understand is the whole "kings" thing they have going...

I guess I just have to keep reading, although I liked this series best before the whole Genesis thing, I felt it made more sense and it was more enjoyable back then...

Oh, one more thing.....these VAs are HORRIBLE.....I have no idea why they changed the original VAs from the first anime series.
--ALEX--Sep 30, 2011 1:41 AM
Apr 6, 2012 8:19 AM

May 2011
Well it was nice OVA.

Though the VA rather disappoint me.
Jun 7, 2012 8:25 PM

Sep 2011
I Didn't Know There's An OVA. ._.

I Totally Love This Episode But I Got NTR'd On That Ringo And Kanon Kiss. DAMN! D:

Sumeragi Is <3 . Finally I See Her But Only In OVA. :(

Oct 30, 2012 8:58 AM

Jul 2009
I could barely recall this from the manga. Then again it got confusing as hell once it passed a hundred or so chapters so who knows, I do remember the fake regalia at least.
Jun 1, 2013 11:27 PM

Mar 2009
I'm still trying to figure out what the deal was with them adding the scene about

That wasn't in the scene when I read it in the manga and they didn't do anything inventive with it.... it was a WTF moment for me.
windeen-windyJul 14, 2013 4:32 AM
Jun 8, 2013 3:42 PM

May 2012
Wow I'm quite amazed in the whole different take on the characters and setting, everything looks more serious and real, they removed the childish (keep on going and always winning) concept and just made the characters more mature! I really liked Ringo in this one, the first time she was actually herself and that kiss in the end was just amazing that they actually proceeded with that love storyline!

The art and voice actors were more superb and man if the main story was this way I would really have loved it way more!

Well lets see what the two other episodes have to offer!
Jun 22, 2013 1:35 AM

Jul 2008
If only the battles were this well done in the first anime. That was pretty good.
Aug 3, 2013 2:39 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, I'm probably the only one, but I love the new voice actors. This seemed superb.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Feb 20, 2014 2:43 PM

May 2008
This OVA turned Air Gear into DBZ lol! Underground sports turning into superpower fights. Glad that I didn't read the manga... I missed the tricks they are performing and here I getting bloody serious battles which is a little over the top! Everything getting blowing apart after a fight O.o
May 22, 2014 2:30 PM
Apr 2013
did anyone notice how the device got switched

really nice episode
Oct 10, 2014 5:29 PM
Dec 2013
I'v just seen the entire anime series, the special, and now the entire ova.
there is a huge hole, from where the anime series stops, and where the ova starts.
but, I must admit that they did a wonderfull job animating.
I didn't like the voice acting this time, because most characters lacked in identity.
thats in my eyes the major problem.
for instance, since when did agito lose his badass personality, the personality which I hated and loved at the same time??
and since when did Emily's female friend know how to ride at's???

I am anticipating and waiting for the 2. Season, which will hopefully come out if we cosplay air gear a lot, and buy the entire season 1 + bonus episode + ova + manga.
all in all, I realy loved the Idea of the "discovering" your wings, and it reminded me of the feeling when I realy start to sing. you forget everything arround you, and just feel like flying. :)

Cheers, yours Heron
Dec 25, 2015 6:57 AM

Apr 2013
I don't even get what's going on, but for an ecchi OVA this was pretty bad.
May 12, 2017 7:45 PM

Apr 2016
Ehh... i'm a bit lost in the story. I guess this should be considered as a bonus for the manga readers.

even though it doesn't give the same feelings as the main anime, i really like the new art. Ringo looks soooooo much better and cooler in this ova.

though i'm a bit disapointed of the music and the characters felt really different.
Another reason for me to start the manga. still enjoyable nonetheless.
Sup
Oct 23, 2017 8:10 PM
Jan 2014
I didn't know what was going on since I don't read the manga, but the production values were certainly a lot higher than in the TV series.
Nov 27, 2019 2:35 PM

Sep 2019
It wasn't good, well the animations are lot better then before but still it's shit as the main anime
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky Episode 3 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 18, 2011

36 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 17, 9:42 AM

» Air Gear: OVA Soundtrack.

PlatinumPunk - Dec 24, 2010

5 by jdvideojet »»
Mar 1, 2022 1:00 PM

» How to watch Air Gear OVAs?

HasHash - Apr 7, 2015

6 by Brink6 »»
Jan 31, 2021 3:37 AM

Poll: » Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 18, 2011

46 by Avichii »»
Nov 27, 2019 2:38 PM

» Air Gear Manga Live Animation

qyuki - Apr 30, 2013

1 by BentoLegend »»
May 29, 2013 1:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.