Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2008 5:00 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't know but Jun's sister annoys me. Everything she does annoys me.
The only character I like so far is Shinku though I haven't seen many characters yet.
It was so funny when she wanted to have tea using the toilet as a table xD
Jul 1, 2008 12:41 AM

Mar 2008
Aero: Mhm. Yeah, I have mostly the same sentiments towards the characters, although I find Jun and his sister a little more tolerable in the subbed version, rather than dubbed. And, the new doll is adorable, but such a brat. >_______>
Lol, at Shinku wanting to use the toilet as a table.
Jul 27, 2008 11:24 PM

May 2008
This really doesn't seem like my kind of anime. My friend insisted I watch it so I tried it out. I intend to finish it though, since it is only twelve episodes:P I actually did like the part where she wanted to use the toilet as a table.
A for characters, all of them annoy me to. In a small way, I like the brother--he's so misunderstood, so his character is enjoyable to watch. The sister does really annoy me. I despise the doll introduced this episode, she really was a brat!
As for Shinku, compared to other animes, I don't like her character. As for characters in this anime, she is interesting to watch. So far I would not give this anime a high score, so I hope it improves!
Talking dolls with magic powers, what else? xD
I apoligize now if anything I said offends other people.
Nyaa~
Sep 1, 2008 9:53 PM
Mar 2008
Really the only character I'm not liking right now is Jun, well mostly cuz I don't yet why he is a douche. I thought Shinku was pretty badass loll. Hina was cute and Nori seems like a cool sister. I don't know but its just me.
Nov 21, 2008 3:32 AM

Jun 2008
Heh, tsundere doll :P
Jun 23, 2009 2:54 AM

Feb 2008
That was quick, I think. Don't know the plot yet, but what's this Alice game? XD Am not familiar with the legend concerning dolls, but it interests me.
Jul 21, 2009 9:13 AM
Aug 2008
WTFwasThat said:
Really the only character I'm not liking right now is Jun, well mostly cuz I don't yet why he is a douche. I thought Shinku was pretty badass loll. Hina was cute and Nori seems like a cool sister. I don't know but its just me.

I like all the characters. They all have redeeming qualities and flaws.

I guess the sister is getting the maturity she needs from the blond doll.

Jun needs to grow up just a bit, and probably he'll start dating Tomoe.
Jul 21, 2009 11:57 PM

Jun 2008
rofl, I love how Shinku slaps Jun with her hair
Sep 27, 2009 6:15 AM

Aug 2009
Nice episode, the "alice game" was just lol, piggybanks shooting coins and tentacle roots^^
Shinku is cool like in the first ep^^
Tomo is ok (I feel a bit bad for her because she is seperated from her doll now :-( ), Hinaichigu is a bit annoying^^
Nov 24, 2009 9:39 PM
Sep 2009
Think I'm slowly warming up to Jun's VA. He didn't feel so 'off' in this one.
Anyway, yes. Yay! Hina joins the cast, Shinku shows off more of her "wiser than she looks" personality, and Sugintou appears next episode. I like Sugintou, she makes such a wonderful villain. :3 But then again, at risk of spoilers, I won't get into why ;)
Just my two cents.
Jan 19, 2010 3:53 AM

May 2009
The only character I like so far is Shinku though I haven't seen many characters yet.

agree

and the new doll is so annoying
Jan 19, 2010 4:00 AM

May 2009

agree

and the new doll is so annoying
Jun 29, 2010 3:09 AM

Apr 2010
juns sister is just clutsy, but shes not that annoying to me.
Jul 3, 2010 5:22 PM

Jun 2008
Whiny main character is annoying. Whiny main character's sister is annoying, too. Melodramatic scenes are annoying. Stupid looking dolls are annoying.

Watching this anime is like playing Touhou with a mouse, while on a bus full of noisy babies; the screen looks cool, but it only manages to entertain me about as much as Hand Maid May, or something else shitty like that.

I'll give it a chance anyway, since I don't think it would have gotten so popular if it stayed this bad.

Ali Project sucks.
Jul 29, 2010 4:13 PM

Dec 2009
Lol , Jun explaining Shinku how to use the toilet was funny as hell .
Aug 27, 2010 9:45 AM

Jul 2010
Either Jun is a wimp of getting hit with hair hurts. Wait no, it's obvious which one of the two is correct.

Toilet bit was hilarious though.
Oct 1, 2010 7:59 AM
Jul 2010
I actually like the characters... Shinku is pretty cool and Jun is, well, he annoys me but I guess there's a good reason behind his personality. It seems like he was a normal guy and then something happened that made him angry with the world... I want more backstory on him. His sister, on the other hand, is kinda stupid but she's a nice person and seems to genuinely like and worry about Jun.

But the new doll... I just wanna squeeze her. She's really a brat.
Oct 31, 2010 10:49 AM

Feb 2010
Joonkoon! >:0 dam that's getting on my nerves

+2 for the two bitch slaps
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2010 3:19 PM

Nov 2009
Hinaichigo is such a cry baby =/ but it was nice of her to save the girls life! Shinku is SO CUTE! i loved it when she was embarrassed cuz she wanted 2 drink tea in the bathroom X'D and Jun's explanation on where she was, was AMAZING! awe it was so cute X3 and hilarious! oh and i loved the mirror world!
May 24, 2011 2:13 AM

Feb 2011
Hina finally found her long lost twin :D
Aug 2, 2011 7:46 PM

Jan 2010
Oh man, the dolls fight and absorb the each other's power until there is only one standing? If this show goes all Highlander it would be totally awesome.
Mar 28, 2012 7:54 PM

Feb 2012
So basically, the Alice Game is Highlander by way of Pinocchio. Okay then.

Two episodes in and I can't say Rozen Maiden is what I thought it would be, but I'll reserve judgment until Sugintou is introduced next episode.
May 18, 2012 12:25 PM

Jan 2012
the sister isn't that annoying, she's just clutsy and silly, but she does care a lot about her brother which is nice. Shinku is so so, on parts I like her and of course she is very cute, but then others she kinda.... annoys me in a small way. Jun I don't want to comment on just yet until I find out more about him and his situation because its easy for me to just him a little emo kid atm, but I just hope he has a vaild reason to be so angry at the world...

The Alice game was interesting I wonder if that's going to be a major plot-line of some sort, Shinku said she was the 5th doll or something in the first episode? Maybe this game is where all the dolls fight until they meet 'Alice' or get to 'Alice' could be way off but that would be kinda interesting, we shall see!
Jul 5, 2013 10:21 PM

Jan 2013
Another lovely episode.
Sep 15, 2013 4:13 AM

Jun 2011
I don't know about you guys, I don't see what's so annoying with the characters. Of course Jun had some traumatic experience, which is the cause of his truant. Shinku is okay, very cute, Hina Ichigo too, I like her voice :) Very fitting indeed. And the sister, very caring sister, though a little of a klutz
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 6, 2013 6:49 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Now you also know the plot, the series being a good enough short.
Dramatic and comic at the same time the narrative, hilarious at times including one of these is when Shinku takes a slap Jun with the hair! XD
Designed not bad for the time, people who Crescon as characterization. The BGM are fabulous.
The promo announces another new interesting character! * _ *
Oct 7, 2014 6:30 PM

Feb 2013
That was actually pretty good!
Jun 30, 2015 2:35 PM

Feb 2014
Despite Shinku being a total prig, she has quite a bit of wisdom. ""The only one who knows Jun-kun is you, not a book". Well I guess she's pretty old so she'd probably pick up on this stuff xD

Better action in this episode. Shinku established herself as resident badass by jumping on the coin shot at high velocity right at her.

Haha she wanted to drink her tea on the toilet xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2016 2:07 PM

Jul 2015
the ichigo girl made this episode so unbearable
Jun 27, 2016 10:26 PM

Feb 2013
This bores me to no end :(
Aug 26, 2018 1:27 PM

Apr 2012
Yes, Mercury Lamp next episode.
May 15, 2019 3:56 PM

Dec 2014
I'm fine with all the characters so far, with Shinku easily being my favorite. Definitely interested in the "Alice Game" too. I had pretty mild expectations coming into this show but I'm really enjoying it so far.
Sep 25, 2023 3:15 AM
Feb 2020
Hina Ichigo. Enough said.
Jan 16, 10:47 PM

Dec 2022
together forever and ever and ever...
Feb 21, 9:59 AM

Dec 2022
Moving things along quickly, isn't it? Tomoe and Hinaichigo are just introduced, and there was already some intense stuff happening with them.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rozen Maiden Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jun 7, 2008

60 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 21, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jun 7, 2008

28 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 21, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden Episode 10 Discussion

aero - Jun 7, 2008

31 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 21, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden Episode 8 Discussion

aero - Jun 6, 2008

25 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 21, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden Episode 7 Discussion

aero - Jun 6, 2008

30 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 21, 1:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.