Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 26, 2010 5:27 PM
Nov 2008
omg so fail! every1 is dieing.. all the character is close to dieing.. who is even still alive?! i cant tell anymore... i hope saitou didnt die.... T.T
Yeastoday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift that is why its called present.
Nov 26, 2010 7:47 PM

Jun 2010
k0k0 said:
Well, call me stubborn but I'm still keeping hope for Harada and Okita.
And Saitou's still alive goddamn. Don't kill him before the producers do.

I feel your pain, I'm also keeping hope for Okita. I know how grim it looks, but I'll keep hoping until I see a corpse!

Looks bad for Heisuke, would hate to see him die, especially as young as he is.
Nov 26, 2010 8:10 PM

Aug 2009
IM ABOUT DROP THIS SHOW!!! X_x

ITS ALL SO SAD! I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SPLIT UP!!

THIS SHOW IS SO SAD!! T_T

I CANT STAND IT HOW THE SHINSENGUMI IS SPLITTING UP, PERSON BY PERSON, EPISODE BY EPISODE! T___________________T
Nov 26, 2010 8:43 PM

Feb 2009
LadyOrihime said:
Saitou didn't die in real life until 1915 o_O Same with Shinpachi.

Thats what I was wondering about too....
Nov 27, 2010 2:52 AM

Feb 2010
And I thought season 2 would be better...

I really hope that Saitou's still alive, he's the only reason that makes me watch this anime.
Nov 27, 2010 2:56 AM

Jan 2009
Tired of all the bishounen dying. ;__;
Nov 27, 2010 4:30 AM

Jan 2010
Noooo, not Saitou! o.O
~ Go bald, Kurosaki! ~
Nov 27, 2010 5:22 AM

Sep 2009
Why isn't Saitou in the preview. Why? If he is dead I will weep for a million years.

True warriors truly are people to look up to. Giving life for others without hesitation is a refined unique quality.

So we are going to get 5 more character deaths (5 more episodes left) because apparently the show is killing the bishies like mass murder.
Chizuru should die ASAP.
Nov 27, 2010 7:19 AM

Aug 2010
^ second that!
Nov 27, 2010 2:26 PM

Jun 2009
Hijikata have a big burden over him every time, remember how many from the Shinsengumi gathered when they had meeting and now ther're like only 5-4 persons...

Nov 27, 2010 3:37 PM

Jul 2010
ilikeyouevenmore said:
Saitou's a lefty... (well, looked like it anyway.) I like how he didn't condescend to explain himself to those Aizu guys. Badass through and through. I will miss him. *pouts*

Yeah, it does look like he's a lefty. I don't know if this is true for Japan or not, but a long time ago being left handed was considered "wrong," so they would teach kids who were naturally left handed to be right handed. My grandma was like that.

Tayloroids said:
If Saitou's dead next episode, I'll be so pissed. Think of me as stupid or whatever, but I pretty much watch anime for characters I like. If Sanosuke, Souji, AND Hajime are gone...well, there are no other characters I really like in Hakuouki. :/

Yeah, I feel your pain. After losing Souji last episode and seeing the episode preview for this week... I kind of figured it would be this way. They didn't actually show his death, but they're playing it like he's dead. So even if he isn't really dead, he's still not going to be in the scene until the very end of the show. That sucks. I already know history doesn't kill him off, but no one said they wouldn't in the show. He's my favorite character, and I don't really like any of the others that are left. This is all going downhill...

Chidashi-sama said:
Tired of all the bishounen dying. ;__;
Seems like no one (except Hijikata) is going to be left by the end of all this. Who is next? Sannan and Heisuke? I hope it's Sannan, because I haven't really liked him ever since he became a Rasetsu.
Nov 30, 2010 9:50 AM

Dec 2008
Oh, Saitou! *cries*
Nov 30, 2010 7:04 PM

Aug 2010
Must everyone except Hijikata and Chizuru die? Can't they both die too? I never liked this Hijikata...
Dec 1, 2010 6:32 AM

Aug 2009
nooo D: Saito, don't die and Heisuke too!
Stop killing characters :'(
Dec 1, 2010 5:45 PM
Jan 2009
Saito is the best
Dec 1, 2010 5:51 PM

Aug 2009
Opi-chan said:
Must everyone except Hijikata and Chizuru die? Can't they both die too? I never liked this Hijikata...

Agreed. AGREED.

The two main characters piss me off. We should have an exchange. Okita and Harada back for Hijikata and Chizuru.
Dec 2, 2010 3:44 AM
May 2009
Hijikata kinda has to die, The Shinsengumi ends with him in his final battle. Even though Shinpachi and Saitou were still alive long after his death.
Dec 2, 2010 7:15 AM

Jun 2009
Go Saitou!! but I don't want to let Saitou died not in the end of the episode, he is by far the 2nd strongest member of the team and smart too

if so it will be SHINSENGUMI 5
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 3, 2010 5:28 AM
May 2009
Dec 6, 2010 5:33 AM

Jun 2009
Gah!! Saitou! don't you die! Why does all of my favorite characters will die??

Dec 6, 2010 11:18 AM

May 2010
HOW CAN THEY KILL SAITOU??????????????????????????????????
AND WHY DID OKITA~SAN AND HARADA~SAN DIED TOO??????????????
i just hope Kazama doesnt die T.T
Dec 7, 2010 9:05 AM

Aug 2009
I keep finding myself pleased with the historical accuracy and made really really sad by it. History has it out for the Shinsengumi...
Overthinking Anime a site devoted to anime and analysis. More fun than you might think.
Dec 8, 2010 8:55 AM
May 2009
sixinchmoth said:
I keep finding myself pleased with the historical accuracy and made really really sad by it. History has it out for the Shinsengumi...

I know what you mean. though Sannan san should be killed by Okita, then atleast I can be truly happy about the Historical accuracy.
Dec 15, 2010 3:33 AM

Feb 2009
This is just downright depressing. I don't know too much about the history but all my favorite characters are dying or on their way...I think I will take a break and watch some Gintama to get over this feeling.
Dec 25, 2010 1:15 AM

Feb 2009
Tayloroids said:
If Saitou's dead next episode, I'll be so pissed. Think of me as stupid or whatever, but I pretty much watch anime for characters I like. If Sanosuke, Souji, AND Hajime are gone...well, there are no other characters I really like in Hakuouki. :/

My thoughts exactly! :'(
Feb 3, 2011 7:44 AM

Feb 2010
This eps really focused on Saitou. At first I enjoyed it, but then I became suspicious.
When the flashbacks of Saitou started, I was like "Noooo, they're gonna kill him in this eps". And then it came true. *sob*
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Apr 27, 2011 6:11 AM

Apr 2009
Oh wow, what absolute failure on my part. I have failed to realize that Masaki's seiyuu was Ishida Akira. For the first time, I didn't recognize him. FAILLLUUUUURREEEE
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Dec 1, 2011 2:25 AM

Apr 2008
Saitou is a good man.
And really skilled too.
Jul 17, 2012 12:44 AM

Feb 2011
Holy crap, after watching this episode, I cried so much, you don't even know. I've just got so many feelings for Saito, it's ridiculous.

The situation looked grim, but I honestly, truly believe that he didn't die. I just... Can't picture Saito dying, no matter what the situation.
Jul 19, 2012 5:14 AM

Oct 2011
Every ep further equals to worser ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2012 11:00 AM

Jan 2012
I like Saito a lot, hope he won't die. In any case, I was surprised that Aizu forces lost so easily.

Jul 7, 2013 3:27 AM
Jul 2018

Everyone is dying. >__<
Jul 21, 2013 1:27 AM

Apr 2010
o_o I hope Hajime doesn't die, that'd be lame. . . . Really.
Sep 12, 2013 4:09 PM

Jul 2011
death after death after death :( all my precious characters :'(

But Saitou made a knot in my throat :(. I guess he was more precious to me than the others. :(

f
Nov 16, 2013 8:01 PM

Feb 2011
Soooo happy to finally see an episode focused on Hajime, but reallllly bummed we're probably not going to see much of him again even if he's allowed to live. Oh PLEASE let him live!
Jan 2, 2014 10:37 PM

Aug 2013
Just when Saitou finally got screentime, and it was his downfall. Why are the Shinsengumi getting beat up like this? :/
Apr 16, 2014 9:13 AM

Jul 2012
death flags everywhere

my second fave just died...now they have to torture me by killing my fave?? :'(
May 16, 2016 3:50 PM

May 2013
Saitou bb, pls be okayyyyy Q____Q
Jun 2, 2016 9:15 AM
Jan 2016
Dammit omg my third favourite character is dead I have only one favourite character left which is heisuke I hope he doesn't die too.dammit
My favourite who died till now
1- okita T_T T_T
2- harada T_T
3- saito T_T

Also does anyone know where shinpachi is?????????
Apr 26, 2018 9:54 AM
Apr 2018
Zahra-chan said:
Dammit omg my third favourite character is dead I have only one favourite character left which is heisuke I hope he doesn't die too.dammit
1- okita T_T T_T
2- harada T_T
3- saito T_T

I've never felt like I related so much to someone in my life. MY EXACT SENTIMENTS.

I really hate how the anime is killing off every character. I've started feeling like shit since the first character death, and when it's becoming obvious they're killing the Shinsengumi episode by episode, separating them - it really destroyed my heart :( considering that I loved those characters too. LIKE YOU MENTIONED.

I won't go as far as hating the entire anime, but perhaps only this part of the plot where everybody dies. I've got this hypothesis that even Hijikata dies in the end, leaving Chizuru alive. That'll suck, because everyone dies except for the burden I hate the most.

Oh God.

Let me take this chance to rant, because I really didn't have the chance to otherwise. But I really hated Chizuru. Like, does anyone else feel the same as me? What's wrong with her?

Hands down, I got to admit that she has really good personality in the sense she's upright, pure, and all. She's mighty nice. However, she has to relook on how much of a burden she's being to Shinsengumi. I've no idea how she's kept alive until now - when all she's done is yell whenever she's in danger instead of using HER DAMN SWORD. She has a sword and learnt sword fighting skills for a reason, but instead of putting those skills into use in dire circumstances, she stones like a statue and waits for someone to save her.

She has to stop. And start being more independent. And can I also rant how much of an extra she is? She butts in and says her irrelevant feelings, shooting off her words like she knows so much. But she's overly naive and dumb. I can't tolerate it.

Useful characters like the members of Shinsengumi had to pass on and leave the world, which I really couldn't wrap my head around.

It's awfully ridiculous to have all of them dead. It's so cringey to have the heroine still alive and all. I'm seriously upset about this all, and I needed to get this off my mind. That this anime is great, except for the trashy part which is killing all the characters.

I can't deem it as shitty just because they died though, I mean to be fair they are samurai and they are already convicted to die since the start. As warriors on the battlefield, they have always been ready to die to protect what they love and care for. I really felt that they had admirable deaths and I just can't help but to feel a strong sense of respect.

Although they're not in the living anymore, at least they fought as hard as they could before their deaths and that's all which matters. Let's not mention that although they are dead, they aren't really dead because their heart still stays with the living.

I know I'm exaggerating a lot for an anime, but that's just how I feel about the whole storyline so far. Although I'm still unable to comprehend why the developer of Hakuouki had to go so far to kill everyone loveable in the anime, I guess it's also to prove a point and push through some sense of grim realism.

Really enjoyed this series, and I'm carrying on watching. But I admit that it really is tragic watching this. It's not for the weak-hearted...
May 26, 2018 9:46 AM
Jan 2016
justduckyxx said:
Zahra-chan said:
1- okita T_T T_T
2- harada T_T
3- saito T_T

I've never felt like I related so much to someone in my life. MY EXACT SENTIMENTS.

I really hate how the anime is killing off every character. I've started feeling like shit since the first character death, and when it's becoming obvious they're killing the Shinsengumi episode by episode, separating them - it really destroyed my heart :( considering that I loved those characters too. LIKE YOU MENTIONED.

I won't go as far as hating the entire anime, but perhaps only this part of the plot where everybody dies. I've got this hypothesis that even Hijikata dies in the end, leaving Chizuru alive. That'll suck, because everyone dies except for the burden I hate the most.

Oh God.

Let me take this chance to rant, because I really didn't have the chance to otherwise. But I really hated Chizuru. Like, does anyone else feel the same as me? What's wrong with her?

Hands down, I got to admit that she has really good personality in the sense she's upright, pure, and all. She's mighty nice. However, she has to relook on how much of a burden she's being to Shinsengumi. I've no idea how she's kept alive until now - when all she's done is yell whenever she's in danger instead of using HER DAMN SWORD. She has a sword and learnt sword fighting skills for a reason, but instead of putting those skills into use in dire circumstances, she stones like a statue and waits for someone to save her.

She has to stop. And start being more independent. And can I also rant how much of an extra she is? She butts in and says her irrelevant feelings, shooting off her words like she knows so much. But she's overly naive and dumb. I can't tolerate it.

Useful characters like the members of Shinsengumi had to pass on and leave the world, which I really couldn't wrap my head around.

It's awfully ridiculous to have all of them dead. It's so cringey to have the heroine still alive and all. I'm seriously upset about this all, and I needed to get this off my mind. That this anime is great, except for the trashy part which is killing all the characters.

I can't deem it as shitty just because they died though, I mean to be fair they are samurai and they are already convicted to die since the start. As warriors on the battlefield, they have always been ready to die to protect what they love and care for. I really felt that they had admirable deaths and I just can't help but to feel a strong sense of respect.

Although they're not in the living anymore, at least they fought as hard as they could before their deaths and that's all which matters. Let's not mention that although they are dead, they aren't really dead because their heart still stays with the living.

I know I'm exaggerating a lot for an anime, but that's just how I feel about the whole storyline so far. Although I'm still unable to comprehend why the developer of Hakuouki had to go so far to kill everyone loveable in the anime, I guess it's also to prove a point and push through some sense of grim realism.

Really enjoyed this series, and I'm carrying on watching. But I admit that it really is tragic watching this. It's not for the weak-hearted...

You probably finished it by now but it's following history most of the shinsengumi die. And yh chizuru is annoying but I mena i never really minded her like she wasn't important for me
May 27, 2018 10:18 AM
Apr 2018
Zahra-chan said:
justduckyxx said:

Oh God.

You probably finished it by now but it's following history most of the shinsengumi die. And yh chizuru is annoying but I mena i never really minded her like she wasn't important for me

Yeah.. I finished the whole series. Oh well..
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

160 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 18, 2023 5:01 AM

» Why didn't Chizuru... (spoilers)

AriAkiko - May 8, 2011

12 by Kana-Cucumber »»
Aug 22, 2021 10:03 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 21, 2010

56 by SenChen »»
Sep 22, 2017 2:30 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 3, 2010

100 by MelMelMel »»
May 11, 2017 11:33 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2010

49 by Zahra-chan »»
Jun 2, 2016 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.