Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 30, 2008 6:50 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just getting closer and closer to the decisive battle.

They're going to eventually run out of promotions to give Yang. It all depends on the next battle though.

The alliance must be hard pressed for success stories to make Julian a national headline. He even got a grand promotion out of it also.

I wonder what it was Yang left on Iserlohn Fortress? He told Julian but it's not revealed just what he said. This leads me to believe Julian will be back there eventually and whatever it is will be of some use to him.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Oct 24, 2008 8:21 PM

Aug 2008
I wonder what that surprise could possibly be. Was a slow episode but is building up towards that epic battle between two military geniuses. It's going to be an awesome battle, probably one of the greatest in anime history.
Oct 25, 2008 10:44 PM

Jan 2008
tainteddonut said:
They're going to eventually run out of promotions to give Yang. It all depends on the next battle though.
This merely means that he's either going to die, or is going to be back-stabbed by the politicians after his victory.
Jun 21, 2009 5:50 PM

Apr 2009
Well, Yang and Reinhard are about to go head to head. No matter who wins, the next half of Galactic Heroes is going to be drastically different.

And since they keep mentioning the surprise Yang left at Iserlohn, I assume that its going to take effect at a decisive moment in the final battle between the Empire and Alliance that will probably effect the outcome in some way.
Osaka117Jun 21, 2009 6:13 PM

Sep 7, 2009 3:45 PM

Jun 2009
God damn, but this show is good. I too, wonder what Yang set up at Iserlohn.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 16, 2009 7:56 PM

Jan 2009
I guess that comment Yang made a couple of episodes ago was serious. If Reinhard falls, then the Lohengramm Era will end right there, causing a scramble for power and another civil war in the Galactic Empire.

Also, I can't wait to see what sort of present Yang left behind in Iserlohn. Something to turn the tide of battle in these next episodes? I certainly hope so.
Oct 24, 2009 7:01 AM

Jul 2008
I also wonder what sort of present Yang left in Iserlohn..
I don't know why but I have a feeling that the battle will not be a total win for the Empire...
Nov 15, 2009 5:14 PM

Dec 2008
I'm getting worried that Julian is becoming an increasingly more worthy prodige to Yang. I sincerely hope that it's Yang who returns to reclaim Iserlohn with his mysterious trick, rather than his successor. But, if Yang VS Lohengramm is coming to a climax, maybe Yang's part in the story is equally coming to a close. I hope I'm wrong.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jun 12, 2010 2:37 PM

Feb 2010
I'm really curois about the trap left behind in Iserlohn..
It's getting more and more intense, looking forward to the decisive battle.
AlcoholicideJun 12, 2010 3:07 PM
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 20, 2010 10:49 PM

Aug 2008
It's kind of amazing that Reinhard has kept this pace for so long, now that he mentions it. Everytime he talks about Kircheis I think about how awesome he was, but I guess things would be too unfair if someone that talented was still alongside Reinhard. I never get tired of hearing Yang's extremely objective opinions. He never forget the position he's in.
Oct 2, 2010 3:37 PM

Jan 2010
i really hope that at the end of the anime both of them will live,but i doubt it :\
if i had to pick,i'd deffinetely pick Yang anyway...

great episode,5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Nov 28, 2010 11:17 AM

May 2010
Get well my Reinhard-sama.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 26, 2011 7:59 PM

Aug 2009
Confucius said:
Get well my Reinhard-sama.

Seeing him all helpless for all of five seconds completely made me start liking his character again. I am way too easy.
Apr 10, 2011 1:49 AM

Feb 2010
Even though it takes a while to reach the decisive clash, the monologue every episode provides is golden.
Aug 15, 2011 5:12 PM
Jun 2011
What's up with Reinhard's pjs? Shouldn't they have a cape or something...just kidding. The Empire is kinda getting worked right now with Yang.
Nov 9, 2011 9:17 AM

Oct 2010
I just know i want Julian and Yang to die ASAP. They dont have a single likable quality. They killed off somebody i had respect for.
Nov 9, 2011 11:10 AM

Sep 2008
bonifide said:
I just know i want Julian and Yang to die ASAP. They dont have a single likable quality. They killed off somebody i had respect for.

Cant say for Julian, but a huge majority disagrees with you on Yang.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Nov 9, 2011 11:14 AM

Jun 2009
koreye said:
bonifide said:

Cant say for Julian, but a huge majority disagrees with you on Yang.

Seconded, I like Julian actually but Yang has to be one of the most likable characters I've ever seen.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 16, 2011 8:00 PM

Mar 2011
Slow episode, but I'm interested to find out what Yang told Julian.
Dec 9, 2011 2:05 PM
Feb 2011
Hot damn there are so many great quotes in this show..

Please don't fight without thinking of the enemy's civilians. Your vision narrows when you think only in national terms.

Reinhardo-sama caught a fever. But it was somehow... awesome. Sad face at the lack of cape and shoulder pads with his pjs.
Dec 9, 2011 2:17 PM

Jun 2009
MaedhrostheTall said:

Reinhardo-sama caught a fever. But it was somehow... awesome. Sad face at the lack of cape and shoulder pads with his pjs.

Yeah, there was definitely some wasted potential there.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 14, 2012 1:12 AM

Sep 2009
Spoilers: His blanket is actually a super long cape that's secretly attached to his PJs.
Apr 30, 2012 6:31 PM

Feb 2012
Reinhard needs a day in bed, and his cape probably needed a day at the dry cleaners anyway.

Sabinlerose said:
Spoilers: His blanket is actually a super long cape that's secretly attached to his PJs.

^_^
Jun 5, 2012 11:46 PM

Jun 2009
"Julian, please don't fight without thinking of the enemies civilians". You see, stuff like THIS is why I love Yang. I wish my leaders were this aware of wars effects on people, not just on their side. I like how objective he is in how he's wondering if maybe, just maybe Reinhard winning is actually a good thing.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 12, 2013 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
that random politician guy said:
It is because of the sun called Prince Lohengramm that the other planets shine.

Yang is such a historian to be concerned with mankind as a whole instead of having a narrow nationalistic view. I would prefer leaders to have a broader view of the world like him instead of only looking out for their own nation's interests. It's okay to do what you can for your nation, but I question doing so at others' expense. Julian is fortunate to be under Yang's wing.

Poor Reinhard. He'd like Emil to replace Kircheis in a way. For the greatest military tactician and most extravagant ruler of the universe, he's really cute.
Aug 2, 2013 2:54 AM

Aug 2008
Ah, so she's now Lt. Commander Greenhill eh? About time she got a promotion as well, was worried she'd stay a lieutenant for the whole series.

I'm sure Yang will either win outright or force a stalemate at the coming confrontation, I can't see what direction the show will go if he lost and the Alliance falls.
Sep 18, 2013 9:55 PM

Nov 2009
I didn't consider that, but if Lohengram loses, the Empire will suffer tremendously. Considering that, I would say that Merkatz is actually a great discredit to his nation's people. Not only assisting the enemy (which would involve killing his own people), but trying to kill the man that brought some form of freedom to the people. I actually now think that I have absolutely no respect for Merkatz.
Aug 6, 2014 7:49 PM

Nov 2013
I'm so hyped for how this is going to turn out. Reinhard is surrounded by talent, yet I feel like a lot of those commanders can be overzealous and headstrong and possibly prone to overextending themselves. Whereas Yang seems to be surrounded by ultimately experienced soldiers, they all rely on each other and are ultimately loyal. Reinhard's men don't have to worry about administration pressuring them whereas the alliance troops do, forcing their bond to deepen as the government ostracizes them. Where the alliance military comes across a team effort, the imperial effort comes across as a race.

It's always interesting to see the parallels between the battles too, all of the imperial commanders vying to be in the vanguard and score big victories whereas the alliance troops are a lot more tightly knit by their cautious commanders and thus seem more efficient, even when wanting to chase the enemy they instantly retreat upon command and ultimately seem to take less initiative as trust in Yang and their superiors is extremely high. Reinhard is allowed to give a lot more initiative to his commanders because they are talented, but it works against them because the trust he puts in them also acts like a blindfold at times.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 28, 2014 10:50 PM

Dec 2013
Vexper said:
I'm so hyped for how this is going to turn out. Reinhard is surrounded by talent, yet I feel like a lot of those commanders can be overzealous and headstrong and possibly prone to overextending themselves. Whereas Yang seems to be surrounded by ultimately experienced soldiers, they all rely on each other and are ultimately loyal. Reinhard's men don't have to worry about administration pressuring them whereas the alliance troops do, forcing their bond to deepen as the government ostracizes them. Where the alliance military comes across a team effort, the imperial effort comes across as a race.

It's always interesting to see the parallels between the battles too, all of the imperial commanders vying to be in the vanguard and score big victories whereas the alliance troops are a lot more tightly knit by their cautious commanders and thus seem more efficient, even when wanting to chase the enemy they instantly retreat upon command and ultimately seem to take less initiative as trust in Yang and their superiors is extremely high. Reinhard is allowed to give a lot more initiative to his commanders because they are talented, but it works against them because the trust he puts in them also acts like a blindfold at times.
I totally agree. Yang's group seems to be a lot happier and fun. They have more teamwork and work together well. They seem to be more "friends" with each other.

Wondering what this whole Earth Cult thing is up to. Really want to see Reinhard and Yang work together and crush the Earth Cult....

Poor Reinhard...Hopefully his sister comes back to him.

P.S. Lt.Greenhill and Yang really need to get together
Nov 9, 2014 2:37 PM

Mar 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
I didn't consider that, but if Lohengram loses, the Empire will suffer tremendously. Considering that, I would say that Merkatz is actually a great discredit to his nation's people. Not only assisting the enemy (which would involve killing his own people), but trying to kill the man that brought some form of freedom to the people. I actually now think that I have absolutely no respect for Merkatz.

The thing about Merkatz is that he lives to serve the Kaiser which was basically the same as serving the Empire and his people. Still, getting annoying how he doesn't see the big picture and notice that the Empire is in much better condition ever since Reinhard took over. Guess it has something to do with old soldiers and their pried.
Dec 8, 2014 7:36 AM
Apr 2008
Mar 3, 2015 4:17 PM

Aug 2014
I liked the dialogue in this episode. It was cool to see Wenli and Julian hang out and Reindhart remember the old days. I still miss Kircheis.
May 29, 2015 2:56 PM
Nov 2014
Nice episode after a very intense last episode. More like a build up for the next battle which I am excited to see.
Jun 12, 2015 2:23 PM

May 2012
Great episode, can't wait to see what will happen next!
Jul 2, 2015 12:58 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty slow episode. Definitely agree with Yang with how they should remember the civilians for both sides.
Jul 6, 2015 11:48 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I liked Yang and Julian's conversation about the irrelevance of nations in this episode.
Jun 14, 2016 5:09 PM

Aug 2014
As usual, Yang's outlook on life is always refreshing to see. What he said to Julian about not forgetting about the enemy's side of things really struck a chord in me.
Apr 9, 2017 11:46 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The view Yang´s plan is very interesting, eliminated one for one the pillars of the empire, and the last time kill Reinhart...but this is not the real plan, Yang has another secret plan!!! :/
Sep 24, 2018 5:20 PM

Feb 2017
Woah, Julian is taller than Frederica now.
Nov 6, 2019 3:06 AM

Oct 2012
Looks like this going to be final battle
But wait, there are like 50+ episodes left

It's either ended in Empire's losing Reinhard or Alliance's lost
I can already see where is this going, and I'm going to be sad :(
"Signature removed"
Dec 27, 2019 4:22 PM

Nov 2016
I also asked myself what Yang left behind on Inserlohn, can't wait to find it out. Also really love Yang's mindset.

And yeah, things would be indeed different with Kircheis still there..

Was a pretty solid exposition episode. Very intense battle incoming.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 7, 2020 4:35 AM

May 2016
Am I the only one wondering where that absolute scum of a human being Trunhilt is? I hope Yang personally murders him in cold blood for making a joke out of democracy.
Get well soon Kaiser Lohengramm. You have a great battle ahead.
May 18, 2021 8:24 AM
Oct 2018
Yang speaks about ending the Lohengramm dynasty as if killing Reinhard is some simple task. I wonder if his surprise at Iserlohn has anything to do with his plan to kill Reinhard but I couldn't say for sure. By the way he describes it, it sounds like some obstacle for the Empire that's hidden in plain sight like a sleeper agent.
Jun 3, 2021 5:20 AM

Jul 2016
bonifide said:

What about Yang is a bad quality?
Dec 22, 2021 9:21 AM
Nov 2020
Again, things would be better if Kircheis was here
Feb 25, 2022 4:13 AM

Jan 2021
merkatz is the biggest idiot asshole i have ever seen. i hope reinhard will humble him in the upcoming battle and send this fucking idiot to hell
Feb 25, 2022 4:14 AM

Jan 2021
merkatz is the biggest idiot asshole i have ever seen. i hope reinhard will humble him in the upcoming battle and send this fucking idiot to hell
May 25, 2022 6:15 PM

Dec 2007
the whole "what yang left at the isserlohn" makes me think a lot of where the series going to in the next 50 and so episodes, together with the earth cult discussion.
one the other hand, the narrator in previous episode revealed something that makes me contradict that theory...

seeing reinhrd like this makes me miss kircheis, and at the same time appreciate his character much more. he truly does what he believes is true.

great build-up episode. can't wait to see how this series will surprise me again.
Jul 13, 2022 1:44 PM

Feb 2012
2022 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 22, 2022 3:26 PM

May 2018
Nice build-up episode. Can't wait to see the showdown
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 109 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

64 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.