Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 4, 2014 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
Papander said:
I'm really trying to like this show, but it seems that I just can't like it. The show is so slow paced and nothing interesting hardly ever happens. Not to mention the "romance" aspect in this show. I mean honestly wtf is this "I made a promise to get married to this girl who I have never talked to nor will I ever talk to. I don't even know anything about this girl. I just happened to look at her in the eyes during a P.E. class in the first grade".

That about sums up my feelings on this series as well. I find myself grinding my teeth while watching it.
Sep 24, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2014
that was one heavy request.
Nov 18, 2014 11:11 AM

Nov 2013
Crying was... weird. I'm not sure if I'm going to be a big fan of their relationship if she's gonna pull shit like that lol.

Pretty big request from that maniac at the end XD
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 26, 2014 7:29 PM
Jun 2013
I felt like the first half was a bit drawn out a bit. The last few minutes were the definite highlight of the episode.
Feb 8, 2015 3:51 PM

Dec 2013
Papander said:
I'm really trying to like this show, but it seems that I just can't like it. The show is so slow paced and nothing interesting hardly ever happens. Not to mention the "romance" aspect in this show. I mean honestly wtf is this "I made a promise to get married to this girl who I have never talked to nor will I ever talk to. I don't even know anything about this girl. I just happened to look at her in the eyes during a P.E. class in the first grade".

agree with the romance part. It just ruins it for me.
Mar 26, 2015 1:01 PM

Jun 2009
Oh? He wants the power to end a manga he doesn't like? HMMMMMMMMMMMM, I wonder how that's going to come into the story later on?
Nov 25, 2015 12:22 AM

Jul 2015
I'm rewatching This is one of my favorite episodes because of many reasons

-We saw a little bit of how Hattori's work at "Jack" is.
-So many feels with Azuki and Saiko in the classroom.
-Finally he has her mail, Saiko going to Azuki's house.
-Getting ready for Tezuka Award.
-Niizuma's condition for going to Tokyo from Aomori

AND... (SPOILER ALERT):

-
Jan 14, 2016 7:47 AM

Jan 2016
The romance is kinda annoying.
Eijii is weird and scary lol
Jan 30, 2016 1:28 AM

Mar 2015
Eiji wants to end Nisekoi. I guaranteed it.

Mar 2, 2016 7:34 AM

Oct 2012
Miho such a mysterious girl

End it?
Let me guess, one of our main characters favorite?
Ashita no Joe already ended, Dragon Ball... Ended too, since 1995
Well my guesses are wrong then xD

Mikorin nice to see you still drawing a manga without Nozaki's help
or at least you can speak properly without Last Order xD
"Signature removed"
Nov 23, 2016 4:38 AM

Sep 2013
So this kid is gonna basically not have any girlfriends all through high school in the hopes that he'll be a big manga success story and can then have a wife after high school? Ugh...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 19, 2017 8:00 PM

Dec 2014
The VA for Nishinoya has been showing up in all the anime that I've been watching lately. I'm fine with that, I like his voice.
Feb 2, 2017 11:44 PM

Aug 2014
Takagi surely is one hell of a bro...
Jul 27, 2017 9:21 PM

Dec 2015
I hope they win the award!
Nov 26, 2017 11:42 AM
Dec 2014
Too much romance in this episode at least the last minutes was interesting.
Dec 1, 2017 7:04 AM

Apr 2015
Poor Moritaka's just like "How do I girl" with trying to maintain the little-contact relationship with Azuki.

Eiji clearly has extraordinary talent, and the editors of Jack know how to advertise it. "Put 'high school student' on the cover!"

"I understand if you're sad, but we're in the middle of a lesson." B I T C H that is not the proper response to a girl silently sobbing in class.

I'm glad Azuki's cat didn't really die, it's really cute :3

Hey look, Naruto and Goku! On the cover of...Shounen Jack. I'm still confused as to how they decide what copyrights are okay to use in the anime and which ones aren't.

Eiji is an interesting creature, making airplane noises and yelling like he's in Down With The Sickness while he draws.

"Please give me the power to end one manga that I hate." NANI?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 24, 2018 2:47 PM

Feb 2018
That kind is fucking weird also is request Is just insane but I bet he ll end or try to end their manga.
Aug 12, 2019 5:50 PM
Apr 2016
Mashiro and Azuki hit some rocks while riding their bikes, luckily the rocks disappeared after Mashiro decided to ride slower. Azuki sure is sensitive though. The guy at the end was so weird, what a weirdo.
Sep 16, 2019 10:39 PM
Aug 2017
Haha Ight then lets see what my manss are gonna do
Dec 6, 2019 7:13 PM

Mar 2015
Miho's such a sweet girl!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 20, 2020 9:02 PM
Apr 2013
"I marry you when you are famous, but don't talk to me now" seems to be the Japanese version of "I have a boyfriend"... LMAO

twoego said:
Mashiro and Azuki hit some rocks while riding their bikes, luckily the rocks disappeared after Mashiro decided to ride slower. Azuki sure is sensitive though. The guy at the end was so weird, what a weirdo.

Can you even ride it slower? At some point, the bike will just fall to the side and then there's no bike action anymore.
Sep 28, 2020 4:34 AM

May 2018
Lol their relationship is so wholesome yet so awkward xD

Azuki is best girl indeed
Oct 30, 2020 4:01 AM

Jul 2020
I didn’t get why she cried lol.

And Eiji seems weird, wonder what manga it is he wants to end hahaha
Jan 7, 2021 4:23 PM

Jul 2017
Nice episode. Interesting to see them have a little bit of a conflict but resolve it nicely and develop together a bit more without even saying a word to each other outright. The only real words used between them were in written form where Mashiro was asking about whether they have to wait to be together until their dreams are fulfilled, making her cry a little in the progress. Not since she was insulted by it since she did give her e-mail after to him, but more of her feeling the same way as him, being nervous about how they could potentially go down different paths for a long, long time and how she has to also be patient to be with the person she loves too. Good to see them be on the same wavelength though and clear a little bit of the misunderstanding, again, without really saying anything to each other with the exception of writing in notebooks. Cute little dynamic right there. Hopefully this motivates Mashiro and Takagi in the process to work really hard on their second project to submit for the Tezuka Award since the first didn't even make it into the finalist area despite the editor Hattori complimenting the work a bit (even though it did have flaws that held it back from a shounen manga perspective).
Jan 12, 2021 3:29 AM

Jul 2020
One of the weaker episodes tbh but this is still the building blocks of the journey.
Jan 19, 2021 9:56 PM
Oct 2019
They're going to have to explain why this girl is so adamant about achieving their dreams before getting in a relationship. It's just kind of weird

Heck of a request made by that mangaka kid...
Jan 25, 2021 12:32 AM
Jul 2018
Ehhh, this anime is getting a little cheesy. I guess I couldn’t expect a more mainstream, slice-of-life with 400,000+ MAL members on board to be anything above average. Usually if an anime has this much traction, it means it’ll have been produced safely and loaded with common tropes. The tears in this episode were a bit corny. The VA-wannabe is too meek. Someone else told her she’d have difficulty achieving that goal being so shy. I think people should be allowed to chase their dreams no matter what their quirks are, however, I personally find the VA-wannabe to be TOO bashful. It's distracting. And it MAKES the prospect of being a VA, not just unrealistic, but UNCHARACTERIC. I can't even picture her in a studio pitching lines with any kind of emotional competance.

So far, her only personality has been dainty and shy and bashful and quiet. It’s a shallow personality that lacks any realism. I see no reason for the mangaka protagonist to want to jump through so many hurtles just to marry her… what, because they stared at each other across a pool once? Because she’s pretty? There was also a monologue/analysis given about her (from one of the characters) that she was extremely humble despite her enormous house. And that she’s KiNd. I personally see zero appeal to her. The mangaka/protagonist is also in a very weird dynamic with her; it’s a strange relationship (between the two) that I have difficulty wrapping my brain around. Their unorthodox bond is probably supposed to come off as genuine and charming … but I simply don’t see it that way.

So… I think the tears the girl shed were way too forced on the anime’s part. I think she has a hollow personality. And she isn’t interesting in the slightest… not even the viewer (being myself) cares for screen time featuring her.

Also, why tf can’t she update her (ponytail) friend on her situation? Lil bish. Aren’t you guys supposed to be best friends? Aside from the wimpy crying, the need to keep secrets is by far the most irritating thing. It’s pointless. Not a single character would be negatively affected if VA-girl told ponytail girl, her best friend with good intentions, about her relationship with the protagonist. And look at how open the mangaka dude is with glasses guy! Ugh.

….. okay, I just looked it up, her name’s Miho Azuki. Yeah, I’m not a fan of her rn.

conbini said:
I feel the same way. It's ridiculously STUPID and it makes me hate the character who came up with the idea(Azuki). I feel sorry for Mashiro for liking that retarded bitch. Then again, their whole "get married after dreams come true, but let's not talk til then" bullshit is the main driving force in the story. I just wished the writers could come up with something alittle better than this. Oh well, besides that, Bakuman is a great manga/anime, I love all the build up everytime they wait for their rankings and such from shonen jump. But the whole Mashiro x Azuki thing is fucking stupid.

^ I only saw this after I typed my original forum post. But oml, it's good to see I'm not alone. Seems like there's some other sane individuals hangin around.

EvianBubble said:
It was kind of boring IMO. Azuki is just really annoying ... and Moritaka (what's his name again? -_-) is becoming so too. I mean come on guys, you're like 14. What do you know about love? Being in love for like ever has never been it for me. Lame. Seriously, why is she crying? Selfish much?

^ Oml, I have located another kindred spirit. Conbini and EvianBubble voiced my exact opinion in different words.
removed-userJan 25, 2021 12:38 AM
Jun 27, 2021 11:04 PM

Jan 2020
The power to end the manga you hate, huh? Yeah.....not gonna happen.....

And let me guess...the manga that he wanted to end is Akito or Moritaka's favorite
Oct 12, 2021 4:30 AM

Dec 2007
moritaka did what a man never should do - make woman cry.

little slow episode, but that's what happen in those more-romance episodes.

eiji!
version of L in bakuman.
Jul 12, 2022 2:16 AM

Nov 2018
Fujimoto Tatsuki, is it you?
I hate everyone equally
Jul 12, 2022 2:21 AM

Nov 2018
Honestly, Bakuman is an extremely generic shounen anime that is easy to watch.

I strongly dislike characters like Miho who only exist as MC's love interest, barely do anything and show 0 personalities other than being kind and cute shy girls. It's not just an archetype that is a problem, Heaven's Feel and Madoka proved that you can write characters like that and make them well-written so the question is not a simplicity of a character, but rather a lack of standing out qualities and characterisation. I guess the problem is lack of depth that is characteristic to shounen comedy anime(not comedy genre itself, Kaguya and Gintama proved that you can even add characterisation through jokes).
I hate everyone equally
Oct 13, 2022 6:23 PM
Jun 2022
Niizuma shows himself and his one condition.
Oct 15, 2022 9:05 PM

Jan 2020
Well, Niizuma is something. I feel like his "one series I don't like" is just foreshadowing for Moritaka and Takagi's series. I don't like it. But, I guess we won't know for sure until they all meet. I can't imagine it'll be much longer at this rate though.

The fact that Miho cried twice is certainly off-putting. I know we don't know a ton about her yet, and they've barely shown her voice acting compared to Moritaka's drawing, but she's a rather flat character for being such a, presumably, significant one. So far it seems like Moritaka is just putting her up on a pedestal, rather than appreciating her for her own value. And, the fact that she isn't hardly expressing herself or communicating anything isn't helping.

I guess I just fundamentally disagree with everything about this "promise" between Moritaka and Miho. They are going to learn nothing about each other, spend virtually zero time together, and essentially ignore one another to focus on themselves. Then assume that when everything pans out and they definitely achieve their dreams, whenever that might be, they'll just mesh perfectly together. That's how people end up marrying the person who beats them, their kids, and eventually murders them. It costs literally nothing to smile at one another, build a friendship, and actively be supportive.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 4, 2023 6:56 PM

Dec 2022
Great episodeeee
Sep 3, 2023 7:28 AM
Jul 2017
looks like they introduced the main antagonist. he's gonna try canceling their manga because of envy
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.