Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 12, 2010 2:15 AM

Oct 2010
tangytangerine said:
Did they explain why she goes invisible? I know it was asked during the episode, but I never heard the explanation for it.
They were some doubts that the lost soul could be responsible along with hints that it's Kanon's main fear if not being recognized by all that could trigger the invisible state.

IMO I say it's just the lost soul feeding on her emotions that gives her that state.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 12, 2010 3:03 AM

Nov 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
tangytangerine said:
Did they explain why she goes invisible? I know it was asked during the episode, but I never heard the explanation for it.
They were some doubts that the lost soul could be responsible along with hints that it's Kanon's main fear if not being recognized by all that could trigger the invisible state.

IMO I say it's just the lost soul feeding on her emotions that gives her that state.

Anime subversion:

She IS the loose soul

:P :P :P :P :P
http://www.youtube.com/users/ssdrwh0

Yes... I am currently making "Not Another Abridged Series"
Nov 12, 2010 3:13 AM

Oct 2010
SSDrWh0 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
tangytangerine said:

Anime subversion:
She IS the loose soul
:P :P :P :P :P

So I raise my eyebrow and ask if can it be that a loose soul consume its own prey? I will doubt it since it wants a place to stay but can it then possess its prey? 2 interesting questions that I wonder about.

Nov 12, 2010 3:38 AM

Jun 2008
You know i also kind of dislike people that can't stay for a minute without attention and they go crazy not leaving you in piece if you become close with them, but i kind of have the feeling that some here dislike her a little out of jealousy too. She represents the famous human archetype that many dislike due to a little jealousy(even if you ain't an attention whore all humans like some attention) too and not just for the attention whoring.

Anyway next episode we will see the full extent of her character and why she acts the way she acts so we can judge better.

Personally i found Keima's tactic strange this time. Giving her exactly what she thought she wanted, didn't seem like the right tactic to me. I believe he was doing it a little wrong and now he will fix it.
MonadNov 12, 2010 5:46 AM
Nov 12, 2010 4:23 AM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
You know i also kind of dislike people that can't stay for a minute without attention and they go crazy not leaving you in piece if you become close with them, but i kind of have the feeling that some here dislike her a little out of jealousy too. She represents the famous human archetype that many dislike due to a little jealousy.
Not at all but the problem is that she feels bad if she does not get everyone's attention. Not all like Idols or all Idols at all. Kanon seems to force everyone into liking her and if not she gets a personal offence to the point of depression. Other things too like not being able to swim. All in all Keima fixing that should be the end of her arc.
Monad said:
Anyway next episode we will see the full extent of her character and way she acts the why she acts so we can judge better.
I hope they flesh that out more since it did not leave much a impression on me in the manga other than a blinding light let's just say.

Nov 12, 2010 6:01 AM
Apr 2010
I want a "DORO DORO" Ring tone XD

My Badge
Nov 12, 2010 8:14 AM

Jun 2009
Ic, that's why she disappeared. Loved the mom when she was scolding them out, just funny^^ Kanon looks really cute and the song "all4you"(Don't know if i typed it right) is really good :3

Nov 12, 2010 8:26 AM

Sep 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

So I raise my eyebrow and ask if can it be that a loose soul consume its own prey? I will doubt it since it wants a place to stay but can it then possess its prey? 2 interesting questions that I wonder about.

At first, in chapter 1 it was stated that females are targeted because once they have kids, the loose souls can spread out more through the kids (although getting to the point to get married and have kids is questionable). though this explanation could possibly be only a premature thought considering its ch1 one-shot type of deal.

let's say that at first the girl's heart has 5% negativity (kanon's fear of being forgotten) but it was never to an extent that it controls her life, just a lingering feeling from her past and her singing group friends. the loose soul feeds off this negativity and expand it, eventually giving an outer effect to the victim (kanon's excessive behaviors and disappearance).

future girl spoilers to add on to above:

comparing to a different series in mind, i would say that both the anime and manga, since kanon was the first character to have these loose soul contaminations, it leaves a bigger impression on us compared to the later captures, since it showed an extreme side to it instead of a slow build up to that point (simple, simple, difficult, medium vs simple, medium, simple, difficult).
showing an extreme example at the start instead of a build up causes people to reject the person more usually, until the character redeems him/herself at a later point. on the same note, because of the rejection of an early character, people accept the later characters more easily because its typical for people to compare characters with another (usually compared to the previous character or favorite character, but hate is compared more to love)

i really need to get out of the habit of writing semi wall of texts

Yumekichi11 said:
I hope they flesh that out more since it did not leave much a impression on me in the manga other than a blinding light let's just say.

still hoping they would animate the 4koma extras of the captured girl's life in some way, but that either wont happen or be in season2.
atruong18Nov 12, 2010 8:35 AM
Nov 12, 2010 9:14 AM

Nov 2009
Dareus said:

Another epic quote:
"The game design for real life is so flawed"

From time to time I tend to come to the same conclusion my self.

She is being more of a pest this episode that the last one, but that just adds more to the charm of this series.

And yes a reversal of roles. Keima is now that one that is being charmed. I was hoping more of a battle royal where both are trying to win each others hearts. Who ever says yes first looses.
Nov 12, 2010 10:18 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
The mom giving the lecture was funny.

Nov 12, 2010 2:03 PM

Nov 2008
I only roll my eyes with bunch of mean comments about Kanon. You guys should realize this that this show deals with the behavior of the loose spirits and how Keima captures them. The first two girls (Ayumi and Mio) have only weak loose souls so it was no big deal for Keima. As the series continues, the loose spirits tend to be stronger than before. The loose soul consumes/contaminates the hosts and making them worse.(You can tell if their condition have worsen when the appearance of the spirit shows) I didn't find anything for me to hate Kanon instead she made me wants to support her xDD

Well the first few episodes of this series didn't go deep until later part and you guys will go "ahh, that make sense" xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Nov 12, 2010 2:06 PM

Jul 2009
Iisan-kun said:
Does anyone else feel like that episode could've been done in half the time?

I do.

But all in all this series is still a good one for this season.
Nov 12, 2010 2:42 PM

Sep 2010
lol Keima has epic quotes : "A girl's troubles can be your ace in a hole. You should obtain them even if it kills you."

chibi Elsie is Kanon is funny.
But with that said, I still don't care about Kanon much. She is cute though

CarLoZ said:
I want a "DORO DORO" Ring tone XD

:D

Nov 12, 2010 3:26 PM

Oct 2010
atruong18 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

At first, in chapter 1 it was stated that females are targeted because once they have kids, the loose souls can spread out more through the kids (although getting to the point to get married and have kids is questionable). though this explanation could possibly be only a premature thought considering its ch1 one-shot type of deal.

Of course that makes quite sense in a lot of other animes. Once the loose souls possesses' the kid only way to get rid of it is killing the kid or if it's a girl falling in love with her (that would also be loli type should it happen).
atruong18 said:
let's say that at first the girl's heart has 5% negativity (kanon's fear of being forgotten) but it was never to an extent that it controls her life, just a lingering feeling from her past and her singing group friends. the loose soul feeds off this negativity and expand it, eventually giving an outer effect to the victim (kanon's excessive behaviors and disappearance).

5% Only? That is rather harsh for the effect it has already. Imagine 50% rate how harsher it should get.
atruong18 said:

So are you saying Shiori has it at 50%? Even 80% possibility?
atruong18 said:
1. It does leave a greater impressions that's for sure as a personal experience that I had so far with Kanon. 2. I am curious as to what you meant medium vs simple?

atruong18 said:
i really need to get out of the habit of writing semi wall of texts
Not at all, just spoiler the long parts so people don't get annoyed by them and report the pyramid crap to MODs.
Yumekichi11 said:

atruong18 said:
still hoping they would animate the 4koma extras of the captured girl's life in some way, but that either wont happen or be in season2.
Care to tell which chapters these might be in the manga as PM to me. Thank you in advance.

Nov 12, 2010 4:17 PM

Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
atruong18 said:

So are you saying Shiori has it at 50%? Even 80% possibility?
The first 2 girls(Ayumi and Mio) have about 20% less so you can't see the loose soul's plague. Well I want to assume that Ayumi suffered when she trip and make a crack on the wall but that isn't the case xDD
In Kanon's case, she only suffered about 40% since the symptom was there which is transparency but it's not permanent yet xDD

future girl spoilers correction(I think):

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Nov 12, 2010 5:26 PM

Sep 2008
I meant that before the loose souls entered her body, she had a lingering worried feeling (a negativity of 5%). i would agree with the 20% gdone123 said, if we assume the loose soul detector only reacts if the contamination reach a certain level (lets say 10%). if not then it should've reacted earlier or numerous times at once.
but as i said, the numbers arent official, its made up by me, so your guess is as good as mine.

response to medium vs simple question (beware of the wall of text(s):

as the 4koma, ill pm you
atruong18Nov 12, 2010 5:34 PM
Nov 12, 2010 7:35 PM

Aug 2010
Can't wait for the other arcs, this one is getting a bit iffy =/

The heroine reminds me alot of the pink haired girls in Gundam, pretty decent episode
Nov 12, 2010 7:51 PM

Oct 2010
Gosh, there's gonna be another episode with Kanon. . . she is so annoying! I like her songs but just her character annoys me.
Nov 13, 2010 12:06 AM

Jun 2010
_Neeka said:
Gosh, there's gonna be another episode with Kanon. . . she is so annoying! I like her songs but just her character annoys me.

Agree x'D.
Don't like her at all -w-
Nov 13, 2010 5:29 AM
Dec 2008
"i can see the ending!"
keima says it again~ such an awesome line
Nov 13, 2010 5:33 AM

Oct 2010
Laurine_Andersen said:
_Neeka said:

Agree x'D.
Count me in, I think like, Neeka, too but until this episode I could not even like her songs at all. It was all thanks to her Seiryuu's voice that I found appreciation in those songs.

Nov 13, 2010 6:25 PM

Feb 2010
reminds me of I*can except it isn't mess up
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2010 9:19 PM
Jul 2018
Kanon is so faking cute
love her :* !!!!

Nice episode, cant wait for next one
Nov 14, 2010 3:33 AM
Nov 2010
I don't know if all manga readers are aware of this but kanon's past with Citron was explained in one of her 4-Komas at the end of volume 2 so it's official.

Like atruong18 said, Hoping for more 4-Koma adaptations.
Nov 14, 2010 6:11 AM
Nov 2009
billng said:

The heroine reminds me alot of the pink haired girls in Gundam, pretty decent episode

she reminds me of the girls in Elfen Lied :P
Nov 14, 2010 7:00 AM

Aug 2010
And1ce said:
billng said:

she reminds me of the girls in Elfen Lied :P

Oh no, please not that.

Yumekichi11 said:
Laurine_Andersen said:
_Neeka said:

Agree x'D.
Count me in, I think like, Neeka, too but until this episode I could not even like her songs at all. It was all thanks to her Seiryuu's voice that I found appreciation in those songs.

The songs have been one of the better points of this arc but I'm still enjoying the story.
Nov 14, 2010 1:09 PM

Nov 2009
Everyone seems to hate Kanon, but she is sooo kawaii~ I mean if you are up to date with the manga then you know exactly what I mean.

Also, a lot of people are assuming that the anime will only be 12/13 episodes because of the OP and ED. First of all, it is already stated that the amount of episodes are unknown and that DVD sales decide its fate. Second of all concerning the OP, there is something magical called a second OP and that usually happens around episodes 12/13. But it may actually just end at 12/13, however, I'm not fond with all the speculation.

Also what's all this about percents of loose souls and such? It goes by levels. For those that read the manga, you should know that loose souls are all the same, the "giant sister" soul was different because the devils from old hell messed with it, changing its "level".
AzureHakuaNov 14, 2010 1:27 PM
Nov 14, 2010 2:30 PM

Sep 2008
@Azure_Shockwave:
wall of text #1: about number of seasons, 2nd opening, number of episodes, and what not

wall of text #2: about the percentage and level deal

i can clarify more if needed, but the 1st part with the number of episodes, there should already be a thread about it somewhere in this subforum
Nov 14, 2010 4:48 PM

Nov 2010
Azure_Shockwave said:

Also, a lot of people are assuming that the anime will only be 12/13 episodes because of the OP and ED. First of all, it is already stated that the amount of episodes are unknown and that DVD sales decide its fate. Second of all concerning the OP, there is something magical called a second OP and that usually happens around episodes 12/13. But it may actually just end at 12/13, however, I'm not fond with all the speculation.

Now that I think about it... It did happened just like FMA Brotherhood (while I was watching the dubbed versions) as there was 26 episodes in 1 season and the 1st half have different OP and ED from the 2nd half.

They did specify that there will b season 2, but they have yet to confirm how many episodes in 1 season (judging from the other clip I've seen about showing all of the capture targets the producers will do in this time may be in 1 season)

P.S. Dya know when episode 27+ will be released for the dubbed version of FMA? I tried 2 get used 2 the subbed version, but it's doesn't feel the same :/

Nov 14, 2010 7:07 PM

May 2010
'twas an okay ep, i guess... i can't quite grasp what kanon is thinking but only a little..

hmm.. just where could she be? she likes disappearing huh..:P
Nov 14, 2010 7:47 PM

Nov 2010
gdone123 said:

"A girl's troubles can be your ace in a hole. You should obtain them even if it kills you." - Keima

Your explanation is too long!!!! ~Elsee

Hehehe...
Nov 15, 2010 12:55 AM

Nov 2007
So from Kanon's drawing of Keima it looks like other people can see the neckband. Makes me wonder why nobody's asked him about it before or why he's always wearing it, or even why he matches with his "sister".

Keima is blushing all the time in this ep, too. Anyone else think it's part of his strategy?
Nov 15, 2010 4:48 AM

Aug 2009
Meh, dragged.

@Everyone who's needlessly hoping for more than 12 episodes for this season.
I can't believe I'm still saying this. KAMI NOMI ZO SHIRU SEKAI IS PLANNED TO BE SPLIT-2-COUR SERIES. This season will end with 12 episodes which is confirmed.
Nov 15, 2010 5:00 AM

Feb 2009
yamakasi said:
So from Kanon's drawing of Keima it looks like other people can see the neckband. Makes me wonder why nobody's asked him about it before or why he's always wearing it, or even why he matches with his "sister".
It kinda looks like a normal choker. Plus, Keima doesn't have any close friends so no one really approaches him to talk to him, much less ask him about his neckband. It also applies to Elsie's.
Nov 15, 2010 6:25 AM

Aug 2010
i freakin love Elsie in this ep for some reason, gawd shes cute, good ep, laughed my ass off too, cant wait for next
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Nov 15, 2010 12:15 PM

Dec 2009
Laurine_Andersen said:
_Neeka said:

Agree x'D.

^This. I can't wait until this arc is wrapped up. I'd already had enough of Kanon as of last episode.
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Nov 15, 2010 2:59 PM
Oct 2009
Whatever, haters gonna hate. More Kanon for me. And although that was the weirdest thing I've ever said in this glorious space called internet, the episode was indeed kinda cute and hilarious. Finish her, My Lord!
Nov 15, 2010 7:24 PM

Jul 2008
ringoo4 said:
Meh, dragged.

I can't believe I'm still saying this. KAMI NOMI ZO SHIRU SEKAI IS PLANNED TO BE SPLIT-2-COUR SERIES. This season will end with 12 episodes which is confirmed.

Source?
As far as I know it was said that there would be two season, the number of episode wasn't defined. As far as we knows it may be 2 season of 24 episode which wouldn't be too much considering the manga is quite long.

Well at first I hated Kanon but after reading the manga I must say that I like her better.
Nov 15, 2010 10:32 PM

Sep 2008
[dont have the source], but its simple deduction from the official website and how the episodes is being played out currently for it to be the case. ringoo4 already posted most of the logic behind it on the thread about the length of TWGOK. and i already explained my end of it in this thread a few pages back.
Nov 16, 2010 12:11 AM

Aug 2009
Conqueringgodess said:
ringoo4 said:
Meh, dragged.

Source?
As far as I know it was said that there would be two season, the number of episode wasn't defined. As far as we knows it may be 2 season of 24 episode which wouldn't be too much considering the manga is quite long.
It's simply this; according to the leak, the release of the second season is next spring. Then, only thing needed is simple logical thinking to say that this season will only be 12 episodes.

and, Kanon wins over all heroins. Just look at my avi.
Nov 16, 2010 3:34 AM

Jun 2009
Didn't really like Kanon, except on how she tortures Keima. It's your own decision if you want to become a fan of her..

I wonder why Elsee's classmate didn't find her pink cape thingy weird, or they can't see it?
*Waterproof pouch for his PFP haha

Somehow I understand Kanon, imagine being an introvert, outcast for quite a long time then being rushed by her emotion and career no wonder she would be like that
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Nov 16, 2010 6:03 AM

May 2009
oh mother f..

I felt they could have made this 2 eps but dragged it out
Nov 16, 2010 6:12 AM

Nov 2010
this is a great show. but I wish the music gets better in next episodes
Nov 18, 2010 9:11 AM

Dec 2009
I love how everybody around Keima is always excited while he keeps his poker face.
Nov 18, 2010 8:54 PM

Jun 2007
well.. they managed to stretch out one chapter into one episode plus some extra original stuff... i dont mind it (the more episodes the better) but somehow some things were kind of redundant.

super taser attack was funny
i love how one little thing he says can turn kanon into a mind wreck... a worse one...
i dont think elsee had much of a part in this arc, but it was nice seeing her do other stuff. LOL at keima waiting for kanon and then suddenly becoming her bff xD i remember laughing a lot during this part where kanon becomes a semi crazy girl who texts a lot xD it was translated to anime well. the last part was cute, keima knows just what to do when there is an idol around you. ignore them, but let them know you're interested in an indirect way. although, i remember kanon getting a lot closer than that in the manga during his listening to her. endingu mieru.although it was kinda dragged, i liked this episode. can't wait for this ending, and the next arc.

library ftw.
Nov 19, 2010 3:40 PM

Aug 2009
Why is Kanon so popular? She's insane, but not in a good way. Fuck Keima, she needs a doctor
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Nov 19, 2010 5:03 PM

Nov 2010
Pheefa said:
Why is Kanon so popular? She's insane, but not in a good way. Fuck Keima, she needs a doctor

The one doctor she only needs...

Dr. Pressure :D

Nov 20, 2010 2:08 PM

Oct 2009
Good comedy in this episode xD
Nov 26, 2010 6:36 PM

May 2009
great episode! i wonder where Kanon went and i wonder if Keima really does like her songs? xD
Nov 29, 2010 2:22 PM

May 2010
I like the ending phrase everytime XD "I can see... the ending!"

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

reireireireirei - Dec 22, 2010

346 by Shrimp_Tail »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 3, 2010

198 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2010

247 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Inarius - Oct 6, 2010

364 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 5, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2010

212 by Antanaru »»
Nov 20, 2023 3:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.