MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

What is the best baseball series?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» What is the best baseball series?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
View Poll Results: What is the best Baseball Series?
Major

45 23.56%
Cross Game

37 19.37%
H2

1 0.52%
Touch

9 4.71%
One Outs

53 27.75%
Ookiku Furikabutte

34 17.80%
Taishou Yakyuu Musume

2 1.05%
Other

10 5.24%
Voters: 191

02-09-13, 5:26 AM

Major is batter then the other.

02-09-13, 5:37 AM

only seen Oofuri.
watching this thread because i want to try other baseball series.

02-09-13, 5:48 AM

kyojin no hoshi
my 11 main things i rate on

1 Impact on Impact on industry both the anime and Original Manga had
2 TV Ratings in Japan [ Gross for movies Unit sales for OVAs 3 Manga Ka of the Sourcework
4 how loyal the anime stayed to its source how well the compare to other big name in its genre
5 Seiyuu casting [ how many i know by voice i use the royal I here ]
6 Impact on General Pop Culture in Japan and the West 7 Impact on Otaku Culture in Japan and the West
8 Music[ Instrumentation]
9 merchandise sales
10 art style 11 Studio who produced the anime[ and what thay have done for the industry]

02-09-13, 6:09 PM

Only watched One Outs. It was really good but idk about the rest

11-26-13, 2:28 AM

There is hardly any other anime's as complete as Major. Putting aside that major has everything you could hope for in an anime- action, drama, comedy, plot, superb character development, romance, morals, perfect pacing, no inconsistencies, great soundtrack/visuals- it also was consistently good throughout the seasons. Each season brought something to the table, all the while continuing Goro's journey. The quality rarely falters. The OVA's were excellent too. By the end of the series you really feel that you have grown up with Goro, and that the characters are really part of your life.

11-26-13, 2:37 AM

viral_hun said:
I'm yet to watch H2 and Touch, but from the other ones, I enjoyed Ookiku Furikabutte the most. It's the most realistic baseball anime imo, with good characters and interesting matches. I also like Cross Game and Major, but they're really different. I think CG is more about romance than baseball and Major is a typical shounen show where the main character is fighting for his dream beating every obstacle in his way, no matter how unrealistic it is. They're both good shows, but not the best baseball shows imho.

I didn't really like One Outs since it was more about mind games than baseball, but it wasn't a bad show either. Taishou Yakyuu Musume was a really cute series with an interesting take on baseball, and while I enjoyed it pretty much, I wouldn't say it's mainly a baseball show either.

+1

Most of the people voted for One Outs because they haven't seen the others.

As a baseball show, Ookiku easily stands on the top, no contest actually.

EvilRobot said:
Don't really see why people are so impressed with the psychological aspects of one outs. It's completely unbelievable and you can't use mind tricks like that, especially on someone you don't know.
Also they say several times that he isn't a fast nor technical pitcher, all he does is throw slow straight fastballs and yet these professional players can't even hit that. I can see that he can fool a couple of them, but far from all.

Obviously because it looked cool.

RSin95 said:
There is hardly any other anime's as complete as Major. Putting aside that major has everything you could hope for in an anime- action, drama, comedy, plot, superb character development, romance, morals, perfect pacing, no inconsistencies, great soundtrack/visuals- it also was consistently good throughout the seasons. Each season brought something to the table, all the while continuing Goro's journey. The quality rarely falters. The OVA's were excellent too. By the end of the series you really feel that you have grown up with Goro, and that the characters are really part of your life.

My first baseball anime was Major, and it got me hooked right from the start, that drama in the first 6 episodes, Goro going into little league, growing up, and joining major league, it's an awesome ride, really, it got me hooked on baseball, but, as a baseball series, as in the games, it's severely lacking. What's more is, Goro normally doesn't match well with his catcher, and always ignore his catcher's sign, no sense of battery at all, dat broken comradery.
Modified by ToG25thBaam, 11-26-13, 2:43 AM

11-26-13, 2:39 AM

Touch

11-26-13, 2:55 AM

Haven't watched any of them, but have read H2, and Cross Game. Voted for Cross Game.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/RtmHARe.jpg[/img] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ClPz9FMdIE

11-26-13, 3:21 AM

I've only seen One Outs and Ookiku, but I'd say Ookiku is my favorite so far. I like how much attention it paid attention to the characters as well as the subtle, smaller details like the soccer baseball mom's activities and what not. Also liked the slower pace of each game, got to really flesh them out and give them more depth. I walked into Ookiku Furikabutte knowing nothing about baseball and after long periods of looking up terms in between episode, I have to say it captivated me and I'm ready for more baseball anime because of it.
"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic." - Ezio Auditore, Assassin's Creed Revelations.

11-26-13, 3:30 AM

One Outs is the best so far for me

11-26-13, 4:16 AM

One Outs, because it isn't just about Baseball. It is so much more than that.

11-26-13, 1:15 PM

people round here do not wtahc enough anime
my 11 main things i rate on

1 Impact on Impact on industry both the anime and Original Manga had
2 TV Ratings in Japan [ Gross for movies Unit sales for OVAs 3 Manga Ka of the Sourcework
4 how loyal the anime stayed to its source how well the compare to other big name in its genre
5 Seiyuu casting [ how many i know by voice i use the royal I here ]
6 Impact on General Pop Culture in Japan and the West 7 Impact on Otaku Culture in Japan and the West
8 Music[ Instrumentation]
9 merchandise sales
10 art style 11 Studio who produced the anime[ and what thay have done for the industry]

11-26-13, 1:15 PM

one outs

11-27-13, 11:19 AM
Forum Moderator
Thread locked

Thread started out good but it's turned in a listing thread, thread locked.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices