Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2010 8:37 PM

Jul 2010
I am disappointed in this guy. I mean shes was kinda begging him to take advantage.
Nov 7, 2010 8:49 PM
Jan 2010
Manami - 13/10 <3

Manami x Kyousuke all day, everyday.

I hope they pull through. As much as he says he doesn't like her.. He wouldn't accept Manami with any other guy.. Hmmm, I wonder why :)
Nov 7, 2010 8:53 PM

Nov 2008
Wasabi said:
An episode not focusing on the ungrateful tsundere brat!? How shocking yet refreshing. Kyousuke definitely deserved some time off from having constantly put up with Kirino's shit and this episode gave it to him.

^^ This.
Nov 7, 2010 9:24 PM

May 2009
The episode turned out to be much better than I thought. Never really warmed up to Manami before because she seemed so plain and a even little creepy, but my impression of her was turned around in this episode. I can see why they get along so well together and she's actually pretty cute. She really likes him and so do her grandparents. Her grandfather was too funny. If he really wants a peaceful life, the solution is right in front of him.

It's interesting that he told his friend that he doesn't have romantic feelings for Manami but wouldn't want her to get a boyfriend either. That's a pretty selfish attitude actually, particularly for someone as self-sacrificing as he's been. In that respect, it feels very similar to how Kirino is with him. It will be interesting to see how that dynamic evolves.

Kirino's newest acquisition most likely influenced my view, but the ED picture seemed like it was made to be put onto a Dakimakura.
Nov 7, 2010 9:31 PM

Oct 2009
Hmmm, interesting because I did not expect a whole lot from this episode..

NEXT: So Kirino is a novelist?

Nov 7, 2010 9:34 PM

May 2008
I love how Kirino kicked the door even though he was not inside XD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 7, 2010 9:43 PM

Aug 2008
Awesome episode. I really like Manami, very adorable.

And lol'd at this episode exploring Kirino's tsuntsun more.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 7, 2010 9:55 PM
Mar 2010
great episode.

Really hope they pull through. Just got done reading 'the flower of evil'. dont want this anime to end like that...
Nov 7, 2010 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
ArcticMech said:
The episode turned out to be much better than I thought. Never really warmed up to Manami before because she seemed so plain and a even little creepy, but my impression of her was turned around in this episode. I can see why they get along so well together and she's actually pretty cute. She really likes him and so do her grandparents. Her grandfather was too funny. If he really wants a peaceful life, the solution is right in front of him.

It's interesting that he told his friend that he doesn't have romantic feelings for Manami but wouldn't want her to get a boyfriend either. That's a pretty selfish attitude actually, particularly for someone as self-sacrificing as he's been. In that respect, it feels very similar to how Kirino is with him. It will be interesting to see how that dynamic evolves.

Kirino's newest acquisition most likely influenced my view, but the ED picture seemed like it was made to be put onto a Dakimakura.

true! but they are high schoolers, so its understandable that they wont have a grasp of their own feelings yet. its clear that tomoya has some sort of love beyond "just friends" for manami.

this ep was awesome tho. very refreshing and nice to see kirino "miss" kyou.

its only when you lose something, that u start to appreciate it..
Nov 7, 2010 9:58 PM

Nov 2008
"I'll show you my hyper power!!!" LMAO

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Nov 7, 2010 9:58 PM

May 2010
inb4notrelated...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 7, 2010 9:59 PM

Jun 2009
otakuthon49 said:
Hmmm, interesting because I did not expect a whole lot from this episode..

NEXT: So Kirino is a novelist?

Light Novelist.
Nov 7, 2010 10:00 PM

Jan 2010
The grandpa sneaking out under the table during the bath skit gave me a chuckle.
Nov 7, 2010 10:14 PM

May 2009
Sucrose said:
The grandpa sneaking out under the table during the bath skit gave me a chuckle.

This xD i was like "He was over there the whole time?? LMAO". Best scene IMO xD

tsundere brocon Kirino was cute... and all you people that think she's not a brocon just go read the novels ~w~ (or Seanver's summaries if you don't know japanese, like me xD)

Anyways, Manami is so friggin' cute >w< Kyou is just too oblivious not to notice that.
Nov 7, 2010 10:25 PM

Aug 2010
Holy fuck Grandpa was awesome.
Nov 7, 2010 10:34 PM

Sep 2008
LOVED this episode. Manami was way too cute and that family was really down to earth and hilarious (especially the grandpa).

Most natural anime episode I've seen.
Nov 7, 2010 10:45 PM

Oct 2010
ArcticMech said:

Yes i like it too. So now the question is who will be chosen by kyousuke ?? is it kirino or Manami or ayase ??
Nov 7, 2010 10:46 PM

Nov 2010
after watching this, I feel like swapping my family for Manami's :P
http://www.youtube.com/users/ssdrwh0

Yes... I am currently making "Not Another Abridged Series"
Nov 7, 2010 10:50 PM

Jul 2010
yeah,Jimiko was too cute from the beginning the op this epi

...and loony Kirino gif
Nov 7, 2010 10:50 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was kind of iffy to me, especially since I've been checking the online video links every couple of hours since Saturday morning for the subs..
I never really liked Manami. They always seem to play her out as the "kind, gentle, shy, one-sided-love/Hyuuga Hinata of Oreimo". Plus she has an obnoxious voice, imo.

I liked "Rock" though. What a boss.
Nov 7, 2010 10:59 PM

Nov 2007
havsie said:
This should be called "My childhood friend can't be this perfect"

Totally agreed. Manami is so cute. I would love to have her as my wifu any day. <3
Wasabi said:
An episode not focusing on the ungrateful tsundere brat!? How shocking yet refreshing. Kyousuke definitely deserved some time off from having constantly put up with Kirino's shit and this episode gave it to him.

Totally agree too. I felt sorry for him when he shivered just thinking about kirino. :'(
Grimm3r said:
They really didn't need to keep going back to show how jealous she was getting after him being away for a day.

As much as she shows her detest for Kyousuke, at the end of the day, he is the only one with whom she can share all of her interest/problems. what might apparently show kirino being jealous, actually well shows how much she has been depending on her brother lately. nothing more. this happens with siblings often. i remember my younger brother (the youngest of us four siblings) started showing a carefree attitude towards me whenever I used to hang around with my friends, particularly because he was always the closest to me in our family (me being the second youngest) and i was the only one who could have a talk with him. well things have changed when he started making his own friends as he grew up. when was it, he was like 11 and i was 13 back then. yeah, he took that long to make friends in school. he has grown up to be such a fine man, and has a girlfriend too, i know he cares about her more than me now :P. but i have had similar experience with my younger brother in the past so i can much relate to her situation.

anyways, a great episode overall. while many of you enjoyed the kirino fan services, nothing come even close to the ojii-san acrobatics. that made the entire episode a WIN!
I will be rooting for this guy in Ojii-san Olympics. :D. Nice improvisation of possible cardiac arrest.

shanimebibNov 7, 2010 11:06 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 7, 2010 11:00 PM

Aug 2009
cute episode! :3
Nov 7, 2010 11:17 PM

Jul 2010
Good episode but I really wonder what Kyosuke really thinks of her. Is she just a childhood friend to him? But he did say that he won't allow other guys to go out with her. That confuses me a little. I wonder if he harbors any feelings for her too.
From Manami's point of view, well, it's so obvious that she likes him.
Nov 7, 2010 11:38 PM

Oct 2010
this is my favorite episode so far. i was laughing so much while watching. i've always liked manami so a whole episode dedicated to her was nice. i love her family and wish mine was like that.

and i don't agree with the comment about her having an obnoxious voice. i think it fits her character. there are other anime characters out there that have an extremely annoying voice, but manami isn't one of them.

i'm hoping for kyousuke x manami since they're both my favorites. a lot can still happen, but this pairing is the most likely at this point so far.
Nov 7, 2010 11:39 PM
Mar 2010
Lol the grandpa is hilarious! I love her family :)
animelly said:
Good episode but I really wonder what Kyosuke really thinks of her. Is she just a childhood friend to him? But he did say that he won't allow other guys to go out with her. That confuses me a little. I wonder if he harbors any feelings for her too.
From Manami's point of view, well, it's so obvious that she likes him.

I think it's pretty obvious that he does. But then, they might break the childhood friend lovers cliche
Nov 7, 2010 11:39 PM
Feb 2009
l00l
Nov 7, 2010 11:50 PM

Oct 2007
this episode was full of fun quirks. the old man and grandma were fun with all there antics throughout. kyou's denial through the whole thing was good too. cliched or not it was still amusing and full of good lauhgs
Nov 8, 2010 12:06 AM

Aug 2008
For such a plain Jane, Manami is ridiculously cute. So are most of the girls in this show to be honest. I'm with the grandparents on this one though. Kyousuke needs to go ahead and impregnate her. Or at least spoon damn it!
Nov 8, 2010 12:08 AM

Oct 2009
What can I say... I already decided for this to reach my top 3 and I won't change that even if this goes down hill or what not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2010 12:17 AM

Nov 2007
kinda boring. manami is ok but sad he wouldn't be interested at all with the situation. I don't like seeing Kirino mad that much. I think they are pushing the wincest notion a little too much when it just isn't really there yet.
Nov 8, 2010 12:37 AM

Mar 2009
Nice episode; really put a new light for Manami for me.

Just realised that she has the same seiyuu as Aria haha.

Niceeee. Needed more Kiriririrririririn.
Nov 8, 2010 12:45 AM

Oct 2008
Awesome gramps xD

And Kiririn with the pillow is cute!
Well, even without it but she was super cute with it :)
Nov 8, 2010 12:55 AM

Apr 2010
Nice to finally see a episode that doesn't have Kirino in it that much(although I did like the body pillow part). Not only that, it introduced a couple new characters too. Hopefully they develop more of a relationship between Kyousuke and Manami before the series finishes.
Nov 8, 2010 12:58 AM

Jun 2008
Kyousuke/ Manami is cute and all but....

Kiririn/ Kyousuke for the win. It's cute how tsundere she is when it comes to her brother : P

Overall alright episode but looking forward to the next :D

Nov 8, 2010 1:38 AM
Nov 2009
I loathed this episode. What was the point of it? There was no real change from where it began to where it ended. I would have much rather had episode 5 retreading of episode 3 over having nothing.

So instead of developing characters we get to watch characters we don't care about who amount to being giant walking gags on a stick push the plot into multiple quirk situations which end up amounting to nothing. The only character who has been developed and grown meanwhile is sidelined for these quirks.

I love side character getting some attention. A powerful cast is one of the strongest assets a series can have. Sadly, they just don't do anything Manami. We learn almost nothing about her that we couldn't already infer about her. Which is sad because there was very little to her character in the first place.

I do understand that a certain amount of this episode comes down to taste, and I hate comedy with an absolute passion that could eclipse the sun, but I just didn't see anything interesting in this episode. So much of the screen time is focused on gags.

I am just glad that this will likely be the only time we see these gag characters. Enough with the fillers, let us find the plot already!
Nov 8, 2010 2:16 AM

Oct 2010
Well, the release date of the long-awaited volume 7 of Oreimo has been announced. November 10th 2010.
Nov 8, 2010 2:28 AM

Feb 2010
Manami and Kyousuke make a lovely couple. Enough said.
Nov 8, 2010 2:42 AM

Sep 2008
I have jumped on the Kyousuke X Manami ship!
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Nov 8, 2010 3:06 AM
Jul 2010
I never understood the point of a blind man watching a sunset. If a story focuses on character development, and you're not a character development type of audience, or you're not good with people in general... just move on...

If a show isnt good, noone is going to watch it, but if a show caters to a certain audience, and you're not that audience...who fault is it? There is no such thing as a buffet when it comes to stories, there will always be that one person, who likes black licorice anchovie pizza, and you're just not going to please that person.
HenryHLiNov 8, 2010 3:13 AM
Nov 8, 2010 3:12 AM

Aug 2010
Yeah...the only word I could get after seeing this episode.
I will be frank and say I don't like the Kyousuke X Manami pair.Why? Not a real reason, but I just don't like Manami...feels like something is off about her. I wouldn't be for the incest as well, but meh, I like Kyousuke x Kirino more XD
[/pair rant]
Anyway, quite a boring episode. The character which got a first thought is ojii-chan XD Quite a funny guy, quite stereotypical, but quite funny. Just a classic... "You two should just hurry up and marry" *lol* Besides that, past memories, an annoyed little sister and an elusive grandma?
The next episode seems intriguing, can't wait for it :D
Nov 8, 2010 3:21 AM
Jul 2010
You can't tell if a triangle is a triangle, until you see all three sides. Right now, it just looks like someone drew two lines. Lines are indeed pretty boring but once they connect, watch out for that triangle. Oh, and in reality, it going to be a square/pyramid, so you brain might just blow up.
Nov 8, 2010 3:24 AM

Aug 2010
Didn't really enjoy the episode, but I'm pretty sure that is because I don't like Manami. Still, Kirino kicking her brother's seat and door cracked me up. I feel bad for Kyousuke, he might have relaxed for a day, but I'm sure when he gets home Kirino will make him pay :D
Nov 8, 2010 3:25 AM
Feb 2010
Manami's family were extremely great and I especially loved Jii-san and Rock.

Manami x Kyousuke is a very good match I don't care what anyone says I hope those two end up together.
Nov 8, 2010 3:26 AM

Feb 2010
Manami Grandfather = win great ep.
Nov 8, 2010 3:39 AM

Sep 2008
Hilarious episode. This series really is my fav one this season.
Nov 8, 2010 3:43 AM

Apr 2010
Jealous Kirino is jealous. I like it.
Though Manami is adorable in her own way too.
Nov 8, 2010 3:50 AM

Jun 2009
I love this ep...
Meganeko is really something after all
Hito-Shura said:
Manami's family were extremely great and I especially loved Jii-san and Rock.

Manami x Kyousuke is a very good match I don't care what anyone says I hope those two end up together.

and go with this,,,
Nov 8, 2010 3:55 AM

Dec 2007
Awesome episode. Temura family = win

And I just love the relationship between Kyou-chan and Manami. She's much better than certain blonde brat.
Nov 8, 2010 3:58 AM

Jun 2009
tjord said:

And I just love the relationship between Kyou-chan and Manami. She's much better than certain blonde brat.

definitely,,,nothing good have a relationship with oshare girls...
Nov 8, 2010 4:03 AM
Nov 2009
HenryHLi said:
I never understood the point of a blind man watching a sunset. If a story focuses on character development, and you're not a character development type of audience, or you're not good with people in general... just move on...

If a show isnt good, noone is going to watch it, but if a show caters to a certain audience, and you're not that audience...who fault is it? There is no such thing as a buffet when it comes to stories, there will always be that one person, who likes black licorice anchovie pizza, and you're just not going to please that person.

that is true, but there has been good stuff in the series before hand without the comedy.

Kirino and Kyousuke's relationship has been developing as the series goes on. The previous episodes evolved their dynamic each time.

But more than that, Kirino is an interesting character. She is given conflicts which she is forced to overcome. Whether it is trying to create new bonds, or gathering the courage to defend what she loves, Kirino is a character who has changed as the series goes on.

This most recent episode had none of that. I challenge someone to tell me what we learn about Manami or Kyousuke in this episode that we didn't already know.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 5, 2010

265 by DevlanStewart »»
Apr 21, 1:56 AM

» oreimo korean dub

149cart - Mar 2

3 by truth999 »»
Mar 5, 6:58 PM

» -

Takata - Feb 19, 2011

1 by Mattenan »»
Feb 21, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 17, 2010

362 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Jan 28, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 9, 2010

263 by FapFipFop »»
Jan 11, 11:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.