Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 6 Discussion


Nov 7, 2010 6:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 4689
...shes...soo...adorable!!!!

I want a childhood friend like her!! xD
 
Nov 7, 2010 6:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1899
Well that was cute.




 
Nov 7, 2010 6:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 344
I don't HHNNNNNNGGGGGGG over a lot of of things, but this episode almost constantly had me on the verge of moe-induced cardiac arrest. If anyone deserves the "can't be this cute" moniker, it's Manami, by far. The bath conversation was great.

Still, while I often wanted to punch Kyousuke for not realizing Manami's feelings, I can sympathize with his wish for simplicity and stability. Then again, he's still pretty dense for not getting it when Akagi called him out on his relationship with her. Friggin' tsundere.
Ha-cha!
 
Nov 7, 2010 6:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 718
ClementIV said:
I enjoyed this episode, Kyochan you are a ladies man! I wonder why Kirino acted like she was mad/sad that he was not there. I wonder if she wanted to play a game with him or something but there is defiantly something going on there.
Kirino really does care about her brother, that's why. I'd prefer to believe it's in an appreciative way rather than an... incestual way.

Kyou and Manami would be a nice pairing, but somehow I doubt it will end up that way. It was a nice episode without any drama in it, and we needed one of those. The grandpa was absolutely hilarious. I enjoyed the comedy a lot in this one. :)

It's weird to think that this show is half over...

Wasabi said:
An episode not focusing on the ungrateful tsundere brat!? How shocking yet refreshing. Kyousuke definitely deserved some time off from having constantly put up with Kirino's shit and this episode gave it to him.
Lmao, this post is WIN.
 
Nov 7, 2010 6:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 289
Manami was just so damn adorable in this episode. :D
Kyouske must've said yes to her question.
Well anyways I'm rooting for them, they looked like a married couple.

Loved the Manami ED! <3
 
Nov 7, 2010 6:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2135
Lmao @ grandpa's antics! Nice episode.
 
Nov 7, 2010 6:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1126
This should be called "My childhood friend can't be this perfect"
Ok™
 
Nov 7, 2010 6:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3051
Kirino missing her brother xD haha


 
Nov 7, 2010 6:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 393
oh my god c u t e???? /way too cute/ i can't even take it. seeing aniki blush is priceless adsaskfjksaf THIS SHOW ALWAYS COMPLETES MY WEEK thank god it's released on sundays.

but holy shit manami's family is perfect I LOVED THE JIJI the way he pushed them into the room was fab LMAO.
 
Nov 7, 2010 6:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 98
too cute!!!!
what a funny episode!

GOOD JOB OJII-SAN!!!

lolz @ kirino getting lonely w/o her brother.
lolz @ unnoticed married like life of minami and kyouske.
 
Nov 7, 2010 6:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 137
The grandfather made the whole episode, dude should have his own show. Not a bad episode a bit slow paced maybe.
 
Nov 7, 2010 6:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 20
Grandpa is a boss! So funny.
 
Nov 7, 2010 6:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 58
Grandpa was awesome. Wish I had one like him.
 
Nov 7, 2010 6:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
LightningRamiel said:
I don't HHNNNNNNGGGGGGG over a lot of of things, but this episode almost constantly had me on the verge of moe-induced cardiac arrest. If anyone deserves the "can't be this cute" moniker, it's Manami, by far. The bath conversation was great.

Still, while I often wanted to punch Kyousuke for not realizing Manami's feelings, I can sympathize with his wish for simplicity and stability. Then again, he's still pretty dense for not getting it when Akagi called him out on his relationship with her. Friggin' tsundere.
For some reason though, I got the feeling he wasn't thinking of Manami specifically when he said he'd turn the person down. He's just too oblivious to even fathom the idea that his childhood friend loves him. But other than that, all the rest of his lines pretty much spelled out "I'd love to live with someone like you". A normal and peaceful family life with no complications. Plus he did say he wanted to go to college with her and keep their friendship. If this wasn't an anime I dare say she had him in the bag.

 
Nov 7, 2010 6:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1049
Great episode!

Manami was pure win this episode, she definitely rose in the rankings!
And Grandpa was hilarious!

Rock was awesome...
"You're a real man"
"So cool, Rock!"
Somehow he reminded me of Yusuke?

Urahara Out!!
 
Nov 7, 2010 6:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1568
MorningGlory said:
Maugomale said:
Manami is just too bloody adorable...

This =P


Her voice is so soft and cute. I love her voice, and she has a nice personality as well.

It was nice seeing Kirino kick the Kyousuke's door whenever she passed by, kicking it multiple times to second time around :P Also, when she kicked his chair when he didn't come home for dinner. Calling him a baka a whole bunch of times was cute :P

The scene when they were talking about getting together in the bathtub was priceless ^_^

The grandfather is absolutely hilarious! His pranks, and trying to get together Kyousuke and Manami, and the rest of his shenanigans :P

I really love this series. It is the type of series that I wish would go on forever and ever, and I could just watch whenever I want. It is one of the series that I enjoy the most, and would love to continue seeing more of.
 
Nov 7, 2010 6:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1393
They're not really backing down from the "Kirino is secretly in love with Kyousuke" angle, are they? Geez.

Boring episode otherwise. Hopefully next ep is more otakulicious.

Akagi and Manami's bro are cool.
 
Nov 7, 2010 6:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 55
I need a Manami doll...that girl is too adorable! What a wonderful episode...Manami X Kyousuke ftw!
Signatures were meant to be:

A. Flashy (40% of MAL users)
B. Creative (56% of MAL users)
C. Cool (4% of MAL users)
D. None of the above (your signature)

 
Nov 7, 2010 7:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 288
PseudoJordan said:
The "let's take a bath together" scene was priceless; this is probably my favorite episode thus far.

I agree, that scene was priceless and this is also my favorite episode so far.
"I'll show you my hyper-weapon!" XD I love Manami 's reaction from that conversation.
Manami is so adorable and her grandpa is really hilarious with his pranks.
 
Nov 7, 2010 7:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 546
Now that was definitely cute. And I loved Kirino being tsuntsun.
 
Nov 7, 2010 7:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 432
Haha awesome episode overall.

Gotta love the grandparents.
 
Nov 7, 2010 7:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 451
It was okay. The sister played for too stereotypical tsundere for my taste. They really didn't need to keep going back to show how jealous she was getting after him being away for a day.
 
Nov 7, 2010 7:21 PM
Forum Moderator
Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 6085
HawthorneKitty said:
Okazaki Tomoya is such a gentleman.

I don't see the relevance with Clanned.

Speaking about gentleman.
Kyousuke should have walked on the stairs first and not looked under Manami's skirt.
Men always go first on stairs, that's common etiquette.

Iilia said:
ClementIV said:
I enjoyed this episode, Kyochan you are a ladies man! I wonder why Kirino acted like she was mad/sad that he was not there. I wonder if she wanted to play a game with him or something but there is defiantly something going on there.
Kirino really does care about her brother, that's why. I'd prefer to believe it's in an appreciative way rather than an... incestual way.

Kyou and Manami would be a nice pairing, but somehow I doubt it will end up that way.
I think so as well Manami seems more like a sister figure to Kyousuke then a potential girlfriend.
Personally i think Ayase has the most chance of becoming Kyousuke girlfriend, but she seems to be hiding feelings for Kirino.
So maybe in the end even a yuri relationship between Ayase and Kirino could be a possibility.
And i somehow think that Kyousuke will end up with a other girl which we haven't seen yet, there is still allot that can happen.

Iilia said:
Wasabi said:
An episode not focusing on the ungrateful tsundere brat!? How shocking yet refreshing. Kyousuke definitely deserved some time off from having constantly put up with Kirino's shit and this episode gave it to him.
Lmao, this post is WIN.
Putting up with the nagging of your little sister is the job of a older brother.
 
Nov 7, 2010 7:25 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 782
Did you notice how grandpa said "mengo" instead of "gomen"..... lol

Compared to the majority, i actually liked this episode, and i like how they concentrated on 'these' two :) We all know this is not gonna be a wincest story... or will it :P
But LOL, imouto was so funny and cute with her little kicks~

I LOVED this episode! The grandparents are the greatest opposites of cockblock evaaaaar~ XD
 
Nov 7, 2010 7:30 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 271
jealous kirino is cute (in the hot way :O)
 
Nov 7, 2010 7:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 10573
For a second there I thought the pic in the ED was Sae from Hidamari lol.

 
Nov 7, 2010 7:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 924
lol jealous kirino xD
 
Nov 7, 2010 7:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 5981
TrueUchiha said:
jealous kirino is cute (in the hot way :O)

Agree with you there. I enjoyed seeing Manami's family but I want more Kirino.
The scene of her in the bathtub was the best.
 
Nov 7, 2010 7:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 656
I just want to start off by saying that I've loved Manami from her first appearance. She has that classic cute appeal to her that kinda wreeks of ordinary, but special in her own little way. Thus bringing me to the fact that I personally think this was the best episode. (^.^) (Don't hate me because I love the fact that she and Kyou should really be a couple) <- Yeah, that's my emotions getting the best of me. Oh well! Truthfully though, I really did enjoy this episode. There wasn't any parts of the episode that I could redicule, besides Kirino's attitude at the most random parts. Besides that, I loved this episode mostly because I randomly love Manam. Manami and Kyou make a great pair, and Kirino wasn't brought in between them for the dumbest reason. The end. (^.-) Kind of looking forward to the next! :S ... Something about a novelist? :(
 
Nov 7, 2010 7:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 217
this is pretty interesting i cant wait to see what will happen soon

what kind of feelings does she have for her older brother
 
Nov 7, 2010 7:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1269
manami so freaking adorable

jump on her Kyou-chan

XD

anyways it was a good episode
 
Nov 7, 2010 7:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 61
Aversa said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Okazaki Tomoya is such a gentleman.

I don't see the relevance with Clanned.

Same voice actor and how the Kyousuke and Tomoya are kinda similar.

dancu said:
manami so freaking adorable

jump on her Kyou-chan

XD

anyways it was a good episode

I was surprised how much i liked this episode, i didnt really like manami at first but.. hmm not bad at all ;D.
But Still.. Kirino FTW, tsuderes ... idk i just like em.

Im sad that its already 1/2 way done :( DAMNIT
Modified by Chacopal, Nov 7, 2010 7:50 PM
 
Nov 7, 2010 7:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 72
Manami is cute but I have to admit that I didn't care for her in the beginning. She is very soft spoken and innocent and looks cute with Kyosuke but I find her boring compared to Kirino (of course I don't want any incest either). However, I did find it refreshing to get away from the tsudere once in a while. Entertaining episode.
 
Nov 7, 2010 7:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5128
Leon-Gun said:
LightningRamiel said:
I don't HHNNNNNNGGGGGGG over a lot of of things, but this episode almost constantly had me on the verge of moe-induced cardiac arrest. If anyone deserves the "can't be this cute" moniker, it's Manami, by far. The bath conversation was great.

Still, while I often wanted to punch Kyousuke for not realizing Manami's feelings, I can sympathize with his wish for simplicity and stability. Then again, he's still pretty dense for not getting it when Akagi called him out on his relationship with her. Friggin' tsundere.
For some reason though, I got the feeling he wasn't thinking of Manami specifically when he said he'd turn the person down. He's just too oblivious to even fathom the idea that his childhood friend loves him. But other than that, all the rest of his lines pretty much spelled out "I'd love to live with someone like you". A normal and peaceful family life with no complications. Plus he did say he wanted to go to college with her and keep their friendship. If this wasn't an anime I dare say she had him in the bag.


Exactly, they speak like an old couple lol. They get my vote as one of the best (potential) couples of the season so far. (amongst past ones such as Shichika x Togame or Recruit x Nino)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
 
Nov 7, 2010 7:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4081
Aversa said:

Iilia said:
Wasabi said:
An episode not focusing on the ungrateful tsundere brat!? How shocking yet refreshing. Kyousuke definitely deserved some time off from having constantly put up with Kirino's shit and this episode gave it to him.
Lmao, this post is WIN.
Putting up with the nagging of your little sister is the job of a older brother.

What Kirino shows is hardly just simple "nagging". She is so ridiculously tsuntsun that it's unbearable. Kyousuke saved her ass so many times and all she does is completely blow a gasket. Not to mention she can't even get herself out of trouble and needs him to "take responsibility" for everything. I mean really, he's defending her otaku hobby against Ayase in the last episode and when she comes and starts screaming her head off, she still eyeballs Kyousuke to to make everything right when confronted by Ayase. She just seemingly can't do anything at all without needing Kyousuke to cover for her and she shows no sign of respect. But of course once she says "thank you" and blushes and goes all deredere at the end of the series, everything is a-oay. Tsunderes like her are just terrible.
 
Nov 7, 2010 8:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
Chacopal said:
Aversa said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Okazaki Tomoya is such a gentleman.

I don't see the relevance with Clanned.

Same voice actor and how the Kyousuke and Tomoya are kinda similar.
Not just similar, they are eerily one and the same with how he just goes out of his way to help. Plus he has the same sort of relaxed attitude and lighthearted humor.
ZgMfx2oAFrEeDoM said:
I just want to start off by saying that I've loved Manami from her first appearance. She has that classic cute appeal to her that kinda wreeks of ordinary, but special in her own little way. Thus bringing me to the fact that I personally think this was the best episode. (^.^) (Don't hate me because I love the fact that she and Kyou should really be a couple) <- Yeah, that's my emotions getting the best of me. Oh well! Truthfully though, I really did enjoy this episode. There wasn't any parts of the episode that I could redicule, besides Kirino's attitude at the most random parts. Besides that, I loved this episode mostly because I randomly love Manam. Manami and Kyou make a great pair, and Kirino wasn't brought in between them for the dumbest reason. The end. (^.-) Kind of looking forward to the next! :S ... Something about a novelist? :(
The Manami/Kyosuke pairing is just too adorable. At the very least all of Kyosuke's classmates agree. And yes, it was quite refreshing to see the show didn't follow that cursed trend of having the intended romantic pairing interrupted in some idiotic fashion.

That said, the episode was truly needed after all those really misleading episodes leading to Kyosuke being labeled a sis-con. It serves as a reminded to the viewer that Kyosuke is not really interested that way. He really is just a nice guy.

That said, even though it des kind of look like Kirino does have something more to her with all those scenes, I'd like to think she just wanted some attention. She's like a kid in a lot of ways.

 
Nov 7, 2010 8:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1018
Lefake said:
LoL at that grandpa and his zombie pranks. Also, who the hell falls UP when having a heart attack?

Aww...Manami is so cute. She'd be the perfect waifu for Kyousuke. Sadly, I'm still rooting for Kirino.


Nachotee said:
Now that was definitely cute. And I loved Kirino being tsuntsun.


I really enjoyed this episode, but I wanted more Kirino as well. I liked the way they kept going back to her and her little reactions....

The moments between Manami and Kyousuke were nice...but....yeah...no
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

 
Nov 7, 2010 8:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 161
I loved the paring of ManamixKyousuke... She is jsut soo cute that made me a little bit jealous xD

Made by me xD


 
Nov 7, 2010 8:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 77
The short kirino scenes left me in stronger fluffy mood than it should have, loved it lol.


 
Nov 7, 2010 8:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 258
Favorite episode. The grandparents are awesome. Manami is adorable.
 
Nov 7, 2010 8:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 529
I am disappointed in this guy. I mean shes was kinda begging him to take advantage.
 
Nov 7, 2010 8:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 12
Manami - 13/10 <3

Manami x Kyousuke all day, everyday.

I hope they pull through. As much as he says he doesn't like her.. He wouldn't accept Manami with any other guy.. Hmmm, I wonder why :)
 
Nov 7, 2010 8:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 113
Wasabi said:
An episode not focusing on the ungrateful tsundere brat!? How shocking yet refreshing. Kyousuke definitely deserved some time off from having constantly put up with Kirino's shit and this episode gave it to him.


^^ This.
 
Nov 7, 2010 9:24 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1537
The episode turned out to be much better than I thought. Never really warmed up to Manami before because she seemed so plain and a even little creepy, but my impression of her was turned around in this episode. I can see why they get along so well together and she's actually pretty cute. She really likes him and so do her grandparents. Her grandfather was too funny. If he really wants a peaceful life, the solution is right in front of him.

It's interesting that he told his friend that he doesn't have romantic feelings for Manami but wouldn't want her to get a boyfriend either. That's a pretty selfish attitude actually, particularly for someone as self-sacrificing as he's been. In that respect, it feels very similar to how Kirino is with him. It will be interesting to see how that dynamic evolves.

Kirino's newest acquisition most likely influenced my view, but the ED picture seemed like it was made to be put onto a Dakimakura.
 
Nov 7, 2010 9:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 488
Hmmm, interesting because I did not expect a whole lot from this episode..

NEXT: So Kirino is a novelist?


 
Nov 7, 2010 9:34 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5088
I love how Kirino kicked the door even though he was not inside XD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
 
Nov 7, 2010 9:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1915
Awesome episode. I really like Manami, very adorable.

And lol'd at this episode exploring Kirino's tsuntsun more.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
 
Nov 7, 2010 9:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 214
great episode.

Really hope they pull through. Just got done reading 'the flower of evil'. dont want this anime to end like that...
 
Nov 7, 2010 9:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1209
ArcticMech said:
The episode turned out to be much better than I thought. Never really warmed up to Manami before because she seemed so plain and a even little creepy, but my impression of her was turned around in this episode. I can see why they get along so well together and she's actually pretty cute. She really likes him and so do her grandparents. Her grandfather was too funny. If he really wants a peaceful life, the solution is right in front of him.

It's interesting that he told his friend that he doesn't have romantic feelings for Manami but wouldn't want her to get a boyfriend either. That's a pretty selfish attitude actually, particularly for someone as self-sacrificing as he's been. In that respect, it feels very similar to how Kirino is with him. It will be interesting to see how that dynamic evolves.

Kirino's newest acquisition most likely influenced my view, but the ED picture seemed like it was made to be put onto a Dakimakura.


true! but they are high schoolers, so its understandable that they wont have a grasp of their own feelings yet. its clear that tomoya has some sort of love beyond "just friends" for manami.

this ep was awesome tho. very refreshing and nice to see kirino "miss" kyou.

its only when you lose something, that u start to appreciate it..
 
Nov 7, 2010 9:58 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3021
"I'll show you my hyper power!!!" LMAO
 
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »