3It was OK
4.9%
2Disliked it
1.5%
1Hated it
1.5%
Average 4.6
588 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2010 6:58 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Manami was surprisingly cute to watch this episode. Lol at Manami's attempt at teasing Kyousuke into the bath backfiring on her xD

And the grandpa is funny, getting Kyousuke and Manami to sleep in the same room, his intentions are pretty obvious :P

I found it kind of funny to see how Kirino was angry/upset the entire time that Kyousuke was away at Manami's house.

New ED theme this episode; I guess we're getting a new one per new heroine from each episode here onwards.

Screenshots:

Kuro4735Nov 7, 2010 9:38 AM

Nov 7, 2010 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
What we can say?

Manami Family>>>> All
and Manami is so cute.

new ED was Catchy, i really liked it.

damm kyosuke building slowly his own Harem...
Nov 7, 2010 7:06 AM

Jul 2010
神回

It was really interesting.
I lol'd so many times

5/5 ,10/10
Nov 7, 2010 7:10 AM
Oct 2010
Manami is just too bloody adorable...
Nov 7, 2010 8:03 AM

Jul 2010

Nov 7, 2010 10:56 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 7, 2010 11:03 AM
Dec 2009
Kirino is really tsundere brocon...
Nov 7, 2010 11:25 AM
Sep 2010
Yesssss.
Manami's so damn cute!
Two people, one boy one girl, together in a bedroom, and nothing happended.
Nov 7, 2010 11:30 AM

Feb 2008
Kirino was displayed way too tsun-tsun IMO (compared to the impression I got from the novel). Otherwise great episode.
EusthEnoptEronNov 7, 2010 11:35 AM
Nov 7, 2010 11:54 AM

Oct 2010
I would like to point out the Op changes once again. Made efforts to the pics with no credits so if you like any feel free to grab.
They made a new Kirino appearance.
There was also some very nice appearances of Manami which is my favorite one in the spoiler.
Grand Father intro with my favorite being his zombie imitation.
Brother intro with what looks like he wants to become a musician player and for some strange reason reminded of a K-ON.
Grand-mother was ok for a intro, a bit too plain if you ask me.
Background of Kyousuke walking changed to neighborhood of Manami, school, his home and the store which I am not sure of its meaning too much.
Background of Kirino changed to family picture, her model friends picture and her friends of anime, which suggests her values as I see it. For some reason I like the one of her model friends, it looks refreshing.
Finally the computer pic changed to Meruru of another version
I don't like doing this but I find it amusing that some OP changes have a meaning into them. Now who agrees with my point on that?
I am very angry at Kyousuke's lame excuse at Manami to reject love! D: I mean come on Kyousuke how can you not bang her with a cute look from the ED like so in the pic!

More fan service of Kirino, nice back and a little of her breasts but not much. Who liked it?

zimno said:
Dude you so good at GIFs make one of that pic!
Maugomale said:
Damn right! From her blushings to when Kyousuke wanted to go to have a bath with her (should have not been a joke but for real! To her smiles and house wife attitude she had in the store.
Kuro4735 said:
Manami was surprisingly cute to watch this episode. Lol at Manami's attempt at teasing Kyousuke into the bath backfiring on her xD
Yes it did and I really loved it how Kyousuke got into her game. It shows he can be a flirt with her, which leads to a good relation for some people.
Kuro4735 said:
And the grandpa is funny, getting Kyousuke and Manami to sleep in the same room, his intentions are pretty obvious :P

He even mentions the marriage while under the table to the point Kyousuke choke. ROFL! Now that is a good one too!
Kuro4735 said:
I found it kind of funny to see how Kirino was angry/upset the entire time that Kyousuke was away at Manami's house.

I found it baffling but it proves she got closer to him in the end. She would not react like that if it was not so.
Kuro4735 said:
New ED theme this episode; I guess we're getting a new one per new heroine from each episode here onwards.
I love the concept of it, you know a front stage kind of like movie theater.
Yumekichi11Nov 7, 2010 12:45 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 7, 2010 12:50 PM

Oct 2010
there were only a few kirinos moments, but each of them were awesome.
manami and kyouke are a nice pairing they already looks like married. lol
Nov 7, 2010 1:01 PM

Nov 2008
EusthEnoptEron said:
Kirino was displayed way too tsun-tsun IMO (compared to the impression I got from the novel). Otherwise great episode.

^^^
Nov 7, 2010 1:05 PM

Oct 2010
sirwence said:
EusthEnoptEron said:

^^^

I though everyone got that impression about that from the 3rd episode already?
shuncchi said:
manami and kyouke are a nice pairing they already looks like married. lol
That's right man! Got to get that in my head! It proves that Ayase will have no chance! I would much rather have Kyousuke be around the family of Manami than Ayase's family because that family will never have peace effects like Kyousuke wants in his life.

Nov 7, 2010 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
So now you know why: Kirino<<other girls<<<<<<Manami

It seems they put together two stories from the novels, sadly they were too Kirino-focused in the previous episodes and left out most Kyousuke x Manami moments, which made this episode less incredible - however, best episode yet.

Kirino really likes to show us her ass. Is she good for anything else?
Nov 7, 2010 1:14 PM

Oct 2010
DQN said:
It seems they put together two stories from the novels, sadly they were too Kirino-focused in the previous episodes and left out most Kyousuke x Manami moments, which made this episode less incredible.

Can anyone point out what elements from the novel were left out? There is someone who directed to readings about the fight in Index season 2 episode 5 and it helped tremendously to understand more.
DQN said:
Kirino really likes to show us her ass. Is she good for anything else?
ROFL! Yeah she likes to show her ass a lot I would say. From searching in Kyousuke's room to track & field to this episode.

Nov 7, 2010 1:16 PM

Dec 2007
Manami and Kyousuke are like a couple!
Nov 7, 2010 1:33 PM

Feb 2008
Next previews seem like Manami going to visit Kyousuke home, probably Kirino going to become jealous or something.

Less Kirino and yeah she really is a Tsundere and miss Kyousuke and don't want him to stay in Manami.

Do not come back home, that's just opposited she really want. Hehe :P

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 7, 2010 1:34 PM

Feb 2008
The showing the butt and everything is just a fan services for creepy otakus lol

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 7, 2010 2:13 PM

Oct 2010
Blackbird said:
The showing the butt and everything is just a fan services for creepy otakus lol
Not only. It is foremost to sell in this dire economic meltdown.
Blackbird said:
Next previews seem like Manami going to visit Kyousuke home, probably Kirino going to become jealous or something.
Now where is that fellow who brings previews from the source website? I would like to see a glimpse of this and yes I am sure Kirino will be jealous but maybe not, remember she knows Manami as the neighborhood girl. It all depends how Manami will tease her.

Nov 7, 2010 3:27 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Blackbird said:
Not only. It is foremost to sell in this dire economic meltdown.
Blackbird said:
Now where is that fellow who brings previews from the source website? I would like to see a glimpse of this and yes I am sure Kirino will be jealous but maybe not, remember she knows Manami as the neighborhood girl. It all depends how Manami will tease her.

Are you sure that Manami is going to visit Kyousuke's home? The next episode's title is:
There’s No Way My Little Sister is a Novel Writer
俺の妹がこんなに小説家なわけがない (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Shousetsuga na Wake ga nai)

I heard from a friend that read the light novels that this arc is about Kirino trying to write a keitai novel (english translation = cellphone novel). They're novels you read on the cellphone, and are apparently quite popular in japan.

Nov 7, 2010 3:41 PM
Jun 2008
Maugomale said:

This =P
Nov 7, 2010 3:42 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
I would like to point out the Op changes once again.

I actually noticed most of those changes you mentioned. The only one that I didn't catch was the changed Meruru picture. I think the changing OP theme animation is a nice addition to this anime, and the production quality of this anime has been pretty consistent so far. The changing ED theme is great too; really makes this show feel more dynamic at times.

Yumekichi11 said:
I found it baffling but it proves she got closer to him in the end. She would not react like that if it was not so.

I was kind of surprised as well, but I just figured it's proof of her showing some appreciation to her brother, although she is very very indirect about it. She obviously cares enough to be annoyed/angry when he's not home, which means he has to be at least somewhat important to her.

Nov 7, 2010 4:43 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't think this episode was as fun to watch as the others, but Manami is cute, and I liked the ED song and OP Changes this time around.
Nov 7, 2010 4:51 PM
Dec 2007
It was quite a good setup episode and we now know a bit more about our hero's life outside his home and school thanks to it. Kirino and Ayase were missed though (even if Imouto has ike 30 seconds of screentime in the episode).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 7, 2010 4:56 PM
May 2010
That was one of my favourite episodes even if it had little Kirino in it.

...words can't describe my love for this series thus far, and if continues at this quality for the next 6 episodes I'm definitely going to give it a 10.
Nov 7, 2010 5:15 PM

Aug 2010
Probably my favorite episode... reminds me why I'm bi... Manami was SOO cute... like a little cat... that I want to cuddle... but of course, boys are protective like dogs... what can I say, I own two cats and three dogs :)

seriously, though, this episode was GREAT
had me laughing the most out of any of the episodes...
"참 많은 파도가친다.앞으로 여행할길은 너무멀고길지만 멈추면안돼.. 멈춘순간 어른이 되어가는 길을 포기하는 나락으로 떨어진다. 어른이되어가는 경험은 이제부터 시작이지만 아직어리고 젊다는 최고의무기로 아직 눈앞에 보이지않는 더넓은 세상을 밟고싶다."
--김재중
CLICK IF YOU WISH
Nov 7, 2010 5:26 PM

Jun 2009
So the siscon friend makes an appearance.
Nov 7, 2010 5:31 PM

Feb 2010
I demand more kirino fanservice!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2010 5:31 PM

Nov 2008
Haha, lol, the grandpa is awesome, and the rest of the family too.

Very good and funny episode.
Nov 7, 2010 5:33 PM

Nov 2008
I feel kind of sad for Manami. She's sooooo freaking cute and nice but the way Kyousuke treats her can be a bit jerk-ish sometimes. I still like Kyousuke though, he had a good sense of humor this time which reminded me of Tomoya from Clannad. I loved this ep and I'm desperately hoping for another Manami ep in the future.
Nov 7, 2010 5:38 PM

Mar 2010
this episode was Hot, nice scenerios

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 7, 2010 5:39 PM

Nov 2008
I enjoyed this episode, Kyochan you are a ladies man! I wonder why Kirino acted like she was mad/sad that he was not there. I wonder if she wanted to play a game with him or something but there is defiantly something going on there.

Anyway, this girl is interesting and I loved her grandparents LOL.
Nov 7, 2010 5:40 PM
May 2009
this ep can't be this cute xD

I smiled and laughd thorugh the episode. Very enjoyable. Manami is so adorable, and her family is funny. The atmosphere is totally different from Kyou's family. No wonder he likes to be there more than this home.

and the ending theme song is the best too.
Nov 7, 2010 5:45 PM

Mar 2010
zimno said:

YEAH

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 7, 2010 5:47 PM

Sep 2007
An episode not focusing on the ungrateful tsundere brat!? How shocking yet refreshing. Kyousuke definitely deserved some time off from having constantly put up with Kirino's shit and this episode gave it to him.
Nov 7, 2010 5:53 PM

Jun 2009
Riiiiii-chanManami<3 Kawaaaii!

/weeaboomodeoff

Ehem anyway, I love it. Manami is just too cute and the grandfather was awesome. Jealous Kirino is nice to see as well.
-QuasarNov 7, 2010 7:43 PM
Nov 7, 2010 5:55 PM

Sep 2009
Mazui was right! Imagining Manami as Ritsu (same seiyuu) did make this episode that much more adorable. On a totally random note, the part in the OP with Manami, Kyousuke, and Kirino at the same time was somewhat reminiscent Clannad...which means more Kyousuke is Tomoya fodder for me! The Tomoya was particularly strong in Kyousuke this episode as well, I must say.

The "let's take a bath together" scene was priceless; this is probably my favorite episode thus far.
Nov 7, 2010 5:56 PM

Oct 2010
LoL at that grandpa and his zombie pranks. Also, who the hell falls UP when having a heart attack?

Aww...Manami is so cute. She'd be the perfect waifu for Kyousuke. Sadly, I'm still rooting for Kirino.
Nov 7, 2010 5:56 PM

Aug 2008
MANAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh she is just too cute. This is just wrong. Perfection isn't supposed to exist.
I hope she succeeds where so many childhood friends have failed.
Nov 7, 2010 5:59 PM

Sep 2008
Okazaki Tomoya is such a gentleman.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2010 6:05 PM

Jul 2008
...shes...soo...adorable!!!!

I want a childhood friend like her!! xD
Nov 7, 2010 6:06 PM

Apr 2010
Well that was cute.

Nov 7, 2010 6:08 PM

Aug 2009
I don't HHNNNNNNGGGGGGG over a lot of of things, but this episode almost constantly had me on the verge of moe-induced cardiac arrest. If anyone deserves the "can't be this cute" moniker, it's Manami, by far. The bath conversation was great.

Still, while I often wanted to punch Kyousuke for not realizing Manami's feelings, I can sympathize with his wish for simplicity and stability. Then again, he's still pretty dense for not getting it when Akagi called him out on his relationship with her. Friggin' tsundere.
Ha-cha!
Nov 7, 2010 6:10 PM

Jul 2010
ClementIV said:
I enjoyed this episode, Kyochan you are a ladies man! I wonder why Kirino acted like she was mad/sad that he was not there. I wonder if she wanted to play a game with him or something but there is defiantly something going on there.
Kirino really does care about her brother, that's why. I'd prefer to believe it's in an appreciative way rather than an... incestual way.

Kyou and Manami would be a nice pairing, but somehow I doubt it will end up that way. It was a nice episode without any drama in it, and we needed one of those. The grandpa was absolutely hilarious. I enjoyed the comedy a lot in this one. :)

It's weird to think that this show is half over...

Wasabi said:
An episode not focusing on the ungrateful tsundere brat!? How shocking yet refreshing. Kyousuke definitely deserved some time off from having constantly put up with Kirino's shit and this episode gave it to him.
Lmao, this post is WIN.
Nov 7, 2010 6:10 PM

Mar 2010
Manami was just so damn adorable in this episode. :D
Kyouske must've said yes to her question.
Well anyways I'm rooting for them, they looked like a married couple.

Loved the Manami ED! <3
Nov 7, 2010 6:14 PM

Jul 2010
Lmao @ grandpa's antics! Nice episode.
Nov 7, 2010 6:23 PM

Jan 2010
This should be called "My childhood friend can't be this perfect"
Ok™
Nov 7, 2010 6:24 PM

Apr 2008
Kirino missing her brother xD haha

Nov 7, 2010 6:24 PM

Nov 2007
oh my god c u t e???? /way too cute/ i can't even take it. seeing aniki blush is priceless adsaskfjksaf THIS SHOW ALWAYS COMPLETES MY WEEK thank god it's released on sundays.

but holy shit manami's family is perfect I LOVED THE JIJI the way he pushed them into the room was fab LMAO.
Nov 7, 2010 6:26 PM

Jun 2010
too cute!!!!
what a funny episode!

GOOD JOB OJII-SAN!!!

lolz @ kirino getting lonely w/o her brother.
lolz @ unnoticed married like life of minami and kyouske.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 5, 2010

265 by DevlanStewart »»
Apr 21, 1:56 AM

» oreimo korean dub

149cart - Mar 2

3 by truth999 »»
Mar 5, 6:58 PM

» -

Takata - Feb 19, 2011

1 by Mattenan »»
Feb 21, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 17, 2010

362 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Jan 28, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 9, 2010

263 by FapFipFop »»
Jan 11, 11:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.