MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shiki Episode 14 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shiki »» Shiki Episode 14 Discussion

Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Shiki Episode 14 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

352 90.72%
4 out of 5: Liked it

28 7.22%
3 out of 5: It was OK

7 1.80%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.26%
Voters: 388

11-04-10, 6:29 PM

Wow...seriously..I feel so bad for the wife.. >___<

& I WANT YUKII TO BE ALIVE! AND THEN I WANT HIM TO REBEL, REBEL, REBELLL!!
(and kill megumi)

I know, I know..I'm asking for too much..but..hey..I can dream.

11-04-10, 7:09 PM

People keep saying how disturbing that last scene was... maybe that's how sex for them was like when Kyoko was alive...

11-04-10, 7:25 PM

Sweet ep. totally loved the whole last scene so much BLOOD YaY!!!
Badges & VIP Card

11-04-10, 7:25 PM

Holy shit ! Thats all I can say 5/5

11-04-10, 7:35 PM

Wow, the doc is just as bad as the Shiki.

11-04-10, 7:40 PM

That was epic disturbing as hell..

Totally loved it.. *two thumbs up*

Also, since when did Megumi learned that "Twist serve" and Falcon Kick?? :D

I thought the Lady Gaga was the highlight of the ep.. I was wrong.. >.<
Modified by StormViruz, 11-04-10, 7:56 PM

11-04-10, 7:48 PM

Its been a while since the last time I got this scared (of course i.e while watching Higurashi). Disturbing, creepy, bloody and epic!
@Toshio: *salutes*
@Toshio's wife: you really should have divorced him.
@Seishin: please be of some use now.
@Megumi: more slaps to Masao from me.
@Natsuno: you didn't rise yet?..or are you hiding?
...awww no BL this episode.

Inarius said:
crap...they didn't show when he poured acid on her...i was hoping they would animate that part
No way!...*checks manga*

Excellent episode. Bring out more horror...

11-04-10, 7:48 PM

That... Was freaking disturbing.

But awesome as well.

Can't decide if the naseau of the excitement from the episode is more prominent. Excitement because the story is really picking up and the doctor isn't just being useless anymore but that torture scene... Ugh.

Felt pretty bad for Kyoko. Poor lady.

Can't wait for Natsuno to rise!

5/5

11-04-10, 8:08 PM

yes, that scene....not as crazy as the manga but it has sounds.... the whimpers had their effects but I wished it were a bit more violent for an even stronger effect/disturbance....

that goes into top 20 most disturbing scenes in anime for sure, but it could have been way more disturbing.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

11-04-10, 8:18 PM

So, I just watched a torture scene basically.

On another note, I kind of feel sad for Megumi when she heard that Natsuno hasn't risen yet. Even if she is crazy and all, I still kind of hope she will change.

11-04-10, 8:53 PM

HORY SHEEET.
I rarely cringe watching anime, but this episode just disturbed me.
Probably the best episode of Shiki so far (imo)

JustRad said:
also

Haha, I'm so saving that.

11-04-10, 8:59 PM

Another amazing episode yet the experiment part really grossed me out. I feel sorry for Kyoko.

11-04-10, 8:59 PM

Great but brutal episode! I feel sorry for Kyoko even though she wasn't much of an actual character. From her perspective she got sick, fell asleep, and woke up to being tortured and then murdered by her husband with no idea what's going on.

And how can you not like Masao getting his ass handed to him? Even better than him getting killed.

Can't wait for the next episode.

11-04-10, 9:49 PM

I'd rather say she was experimented upon rather than tortured. It's not as though the doctor did what he did for no reason at all. He knew someone had to do something, and he was the only one willing to do it, so... this is the result. I do feel bad for Kyoko, of course. She didn't do anything to deserve what happened to her. It was wrong of him to not even try to save her. He basically just waited for her to die and rise up. At any rate, I can't wait to see what Seishin's going to say in the next episode.

Megumi: Why did scum like you rise up while Yuuki was cremated? Take his place and die now!

Haha, I love you Megumi. That was so awesome. Why did he rise up?! XD

I love this show! One week feels like such a long ways away.

11-04-10, 10:15 PM

Jay_Ox said:
Wow, the doc is just as bad as the Shiki.

Well if humans want to live, someone had to do it!
"The fastest way to happiness is to avoid looking at reality."
"Destiny exalts a chosen few, but even heroes break."

11-04-10, 10:17 PM

Iilia said:
I'd rather say she was experimented upon rather than tortured. It's not as though the doctor did what he did for no reason at all. He knew someone had to do something, and he was the only one willing to do it

^this, someone had to do something and everyone else in the village is too scared to even admit the existance of shiki, so who's left, the poor old doc whose wife has recently got bitten. Anyways, even if he tried to save her it'd be useless, remember Setsuko-san?? it worked for a while, then he got his ass handed out by Tatsumi.

All in all, it was just experimenting on a non-human being in order to save the lives of the villagers, quite a noble cause even if it implies sacrificing your ALREADY dead wife, you guys do understand once those freaks rise up they're no longer human (unless you are certain someone i won't mention to not spoil anyone) and humans NEED to know how to defend themselves from them

If he hadn't tried all that stuff then he wouldn't be able to convince the villagers later. Let's face it, if you were told you had to drive a stake into someone's chest to save your life what would be your response? "Can't we do anything else?" "Let's try poison!!" but now you have your good ol' doc that'll say "Nope, that doesn't work" and you'll get to live another day cuz you won't try something useless.

Anyways, he did what he had to do and had enough guts to accept his wife wasn't human anymore and that he wasn't able to save her. Seriously, you guys that feel sorry for Kyouko would've been part of the people killed by the Shiki, idk 'bout you but i wouldn't want to be a vampire, and don't try to tell me how awesome it'd be, it just isn't. Just look at Masao, he's as fugly as ever, vampireness didn't make him any good...

11-04-10, 10:26 PM

How is it that Studio Daume isn't animating more shows?

They are doing an outright fantastic job with Shiki, and have even improved in this episode.

Anyway, seeing Toshio turn ice cold to his wife, particularly when he tapes her mouth, was a great watch.
Currently blogging at Chocolate Syrupy Waffles

11-04-10, 10:30 PM

I don't get why people are insulting the doctor. That's how you are able to test the subject at hand. He's trying to find ways to battle against the Shiki. And I am sure if anybody here stayed up even pass 3 days in a row, they'll look much like him. Plus, humans have done far worse in the past, torturing machines, arenas just for the amusement of battle, etc.

11-04-10, 11:05 PM

Kurogashi said:
I don't get why people are insulting the doctor. That's how you are able to test the subject at hand. He's trying to find ways to battle against the Shiki. And I am sure if anybody here stayed up even pass 3 days in a row, they'll look much like him. Plus, humans have done far worse in the past, torturing machines, arenas just for the amusement of battle, etc.

This i wanted to note, not going too far, did you know that the first heart transplant... was made from a living donor?? Frigging doctor killed a man to get a heart to transplant, and he gets recognized for that ._. actual people are even more fucked up than Toshio, he doesn't deserve all this flaming

11-04-10, 11:29 PM

lol ozaki ......

Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices