Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shiki Episode 14 Discussion

Pages (8) 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 3.8 » ... Last »
Poll: Shiki Episode 14 Discussion

11-04-10, 6:29 PM

Wow...seriously..I feel so bad for the wife.. >___<

& I WANT YUKII TO BE ALIVE! AND THEN I WANT HIM TO REBEL, REBEL, REBELLL!!
(and kill megumi)

I know, I know..I'm asking for too much..but..hey..I can dream.

11-04-10, 7:09 PM

People keep saying how disturbing that last scene was... maybe that's how sex for them was like when Kyoko was alive...

11-04-10, 7:25 PM

Sweet ep. totally loved the whole last scene so much BLOOD YaY!!!
Badges & VIP Card

11-04-10, 7:25 PM

Holy shit ! Thats all I can say 5/5

11-04-10, 7:35 PM

Wow, the doc is just as bad as the Shiki.

11-04-10, 7:40 PM

That was epic disturbing as hell..

Totally loved it.. *two thumbs up*

Also, since when did Megumi learned that "Twist serve" and Falcon Kick?? :D

I thought the Lady Gaga was the highlight of the ep.. I was wrong.. >.<
Modified by StormViruz, 11-04-10, 7:56 PM

11-04-10, 7:48 PM

Its been a while since the last time I got this scared (of course i.e while watching Higurashi). Disturbing, creepy, bloody and epic!
@Toshio: *salutes*
@Toshio's wife: you really should have divorced him.
@Seishin: please be of some use now.
@Megumi: more slaps to Masao from me.
@Natsuno: you didn't rise yet?..or are you hiding?
...awww no BL this episode.

Inarius said:
crap...they didn't show when he poured acid on her...i was hoping they would animate that part
No way!...*checks manga*

Excellent episode. Bring out more horror...

11-04-10, 7:48 PM

That... Was freaking disturbing.

But awesome as well.

Can't decide if the naseau of the excitement from the episode is more prominent. Excitement because the story is really picking up and the doctor isn't just being useless anymore but that torture scene... Ugh.

Felt pretty bad for Kyoko. Poor lady.

Can't wait for Natsuno to rise!

5/5

11-04-10, 8:08 PM

yes, that scene....not as crazy as the manga but it has sounds.... the whimpers had their effects but I wished it were a bit more violent for an even stronger effect/disturbance....

that goes into top 20 most disturbing scenes in anime for sure, but it could have been way more disturbing.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

11-04-10, 8:18 PM

So, I just watched a torture scene basically.

On another note, I kind of feel sad for Megumi when she heard that Natsuno hasn't risen yet. Even if she is crazy and all, I still kind of hope she will change.

11-04-10, 8:53 PM

HORY SHEEET.
I rarely cringe watching anime, but this episode just disturbed me.
Probably the best episode of Shiki so far (imo)

JustRad said:
also

Haha, I'm so saving that.

11-04-10, 8:59 PM

Another amazing episode yet the experiment part really grossed me out. I feel sorry for Kyoko.

11-04-10, 8:59 PM

Great but brutal episode! I feel sorry for Kyoko even though she wasn't much of an actual character. From her perspective she got sick, fell asleep, and woke up to being tortured and then murdered by her husband with no idea what's going on.

And how can you not like Masao getting his ass handed to him? Even better than him getting killed.

Can't wait for the next episode.

11-04-10, 9:49 PM

I'd rather say she was experimented upon rather than tortured. It's not as though the doctor did what he did for no reason at all. He knew someone had to do something, and he was the only one willing to do it, so... this is the result. I do feel bad for Kyoko, of course. She didn't do anything to deserve what happened to her. It was wrong of him to not even try to save her. He basically just waited for her to die and rise up. At any rate, I can't wait to see what Seishin's going to say in the next episode.

Megumi: Why did scum like you rise up while Yuuki was cremated? Take his place and die now!

Haha, I love you Megumi. That was so awesome. Why did he rise up?! XD

I love this show! One week feels like such a long ways away.

11-04-10, 10:15 PM

Jay_Ox said:
Wow, the doc is just as bad as the Shiki.

Well if humans want to live, someone had to do it!

11-04-10, 10:17 PM

Iilia said:
I'd rather say she was experimented upon rather than tortured. It's not as though the doctor did what he did for no reason at all. He knew someone had to do something, and he was the only one willing to do it

^this, someone had to do something and everyone else in the village is too scared to even admit the existance of shiki, so who's left, the poor old doc whose wife has recently got bitten. Anyways, even if he tried to save her it'd be useless, remember Setsuko-san?? it worked for a while, then he got his ass handed out by Tatsumi.

All in all, it was just experimenting on a non-human being in order to save the lives of the villagers, quite a noble cause even if it implies sacrificing your ALREADY dead wife, you guys do understand once those freaks rise up they're no longer human (unless you are certain someone i won't mention to not spoil anyone) and humans NEED to know how to defend themselves from them

If he hadn't tried all that stuff then he wouldn't be able to convince the villagers later. Let's face it, if you were told you had to drive a stake into someone's chest to save your life what would be your response? "Can't we do anything else?" "Let's try poison!!" but now you have your good ol' doc that'll say "Nope, that doesn't work" and you'll get to live another day cuz you won't try something useless.

Anyways, he did what he had to do and had enough guts to accept his wife wasn't human anymore and that he wasn't able to save her. Seriously, you guys that feel sorry for Kyouko would've been part of the people killed by the Shiki, idk 'bout you but i wouldn't want to be a vampire, and don't try to tell me how awesome it'd be, it just isn't. Just look at Masao, he's as fugly as ever, vampireness didn't make him any good...

11-04-10, 10:26 PM

How is it that Studio Daume isn't animating more shows?

They are doing an outright fantastic job with Shiki, and have even improved in this episode.

Anyway, seeing Toshio turn ice cold to his wife, particularly when he tapes her mouth, was a great watch.

11-04-10, 10:30 PM

I don't get why people are insulting the doctor. That's how you are able to test the subject at hand. He's trying to find ways to battle against the Shiki. And I am sure if anybody here stayed up even pass 3 days in a row, they'll look much like him. Plus, humans have done far worse in the past, torturing machines, arenas just for the amusement of battle, etc.

11-04-10, 11:05 PM

Kurogashi said:
I don't get why people are insulting the doctor. That's how you are able to test the subject at hand. He's trying to find ways to battle against the Shiki. And I am sure if anybody here stayed up even pass 3 days in a row, they'll look much like him. Plus, humans have done far worse in the past, torturing machines, arenas just for the amusement of battle, etc.

This i wanted to note, not going too far, did you know that the first heart transplant... was made from a living donor?? Frigging doctor killed a man to get a heart to transplant, and he gets recognized for that ._. actual people are even more fucked up than Toshio, he doesn't deserve all this flaming

11-04-10, 11:29 PM

lol ozaki ......

11-05-10, 12:07 AM

LOL i saw lady GAGA xD

11-05-10, 12:22 AM

Wow. All I gotta say.

11-05-10, 12:26 AM

Damn Toshio snapped, felt a little bad for undead Kyoko lol

Seems like Natsuno is back in the next episode from the look of the preview.

11-05-10, 12:27 AM

Ahh yes, I was waiting for this episode for so long.
It'd be alot more horrific if that tape had came off her mouth and had her screaming with her fangs out.
Eitherway, I loved it.
This show is freaking great.

I don't see him as a bad person/doctor, but he isn't exactly your ideal hero LOL.

11-05-10, 12:54 AM

Shiiiit. :|

I liked Ozaki but it seems like he's losing it. That was so horrible D:

11-05-10, 12:59 AM

Sucrose said:
Ahh yes, I was waiting for this episode for so long.
It'd be alot more horrific if that tape had came off her mouth and had her screaming with her fangs out.
Eitherway, I loved it.
This show is freaking great.

I don't see him as a bad person/doctor, but he isn't exactly your ideal hero LOL.

I was anticipating this part for a long time too!! I think they did a great job animating it, especially when he was hallucinating and thought he saw signs of a rotting corpse and when he exposed the cubital vein. I felt sorry for Kyoko. I don't remember her calling out Toshio's name in the manga but when she did in the anime he just taped her mouth. Fuyumi Ono sensei is a master at story telling. I feel sorry for the shiki and at the same time shun them for decimation of the village. Ozaki is crazy..and while the scene may be intense because it recalls acts of torture it's fascinating at what the shiki is capable of.

11-05-10, 1:05 AM
Manga Moderator
Jesus Christ that was awful. I haven't felt this nervous watching a anime since I watched Shion rip her own fingernail off.

Seriously though, their isn't a ounce of mercy or humanity left in that doctor. 10/10 for the biggest wtf moment this year.

11-05-10, 2:29 AM

intense. this episode was just wow. the level of darkness brought with it was amazing, i hope it keeps it there for a while if not the rest of the series.

11-05-10, 2:47 AM

..and I finally saw Lady Gaga animated. xD

It's surprising how well they animate this in accordance with the manga which rarely happens nowadays.

11-05-10, 2:54 AM

best episode so far, the last part was stunning
and wow ozaki... just wow ._.

11-05-10, 3:47 AM

Zomg that was totally disturbing but the good ol' Doc did what he had to do.
I felt really bad for Kyoko but then again in a way she's no longer Kyoko and she would probably have to take a lot of lives to "survive".
5/5 for Megumi beating the crap out of whiny Masao xD

11-05-10, 3:57 AM

PaulNamida said:
Iilia said:
Seriously, you guys that feel sorry for Kyouko would've been part of the people killed by the Shiki, idk 'bout you but i wouldn't want to be a vampire, and don't try to tell me how awesome it'd be, it just isn't. Just look at Masao, he's as fugly as ever, vampireness didn't make him any good...

I guess we shouldn't feel sorry for you either if you are grabbed by Toshio as an experimental subject by convenience, and intentionally letting you becoming a shiki.

11-05-10, 4:08 AM

yes exactly what i hoped for :D

11-05-10, 4:22 AM

This is the most epic episode in Shiki, so far. The ending is so unbearable to watch...

It kinna like psychological effect. Toshio assumed that his wife is already dead, and what he saw in front of him is now a shiki, and no longer his wife. So murdering her is his decision.

But oh well, click it if you dare.
Modified by ShoutaAzuma, 11-05-10, 4:51 AM

11-05-10, 5:00 AM

I was starting to think that the anime will go downhill. The main characters were dieing one by one and the vampires were becoming less and less scary. Well this episode prove me wrong and I was never so frightened.
Now I know that no fangirl would ever fantaize being doctors girlfriend XD

11-05-10, 5:03 AM

;______;

I cried during the Kyouko scene. It was... way too intense.
Dat non-functional bbcode

11-05-10, 6:00 AM

Ozaki just did the creepiest thing I've seen in this series so far. Damn ;_;

11-05-10, 6:26 AM

it was 20 mins? Felt like 10! Killing a vampire is disgusting, jut as I always thought. Love the doctor, so proffesional, even if the vampire was his wife... I hope he wouldn't snap or something, just stay at this half-sane condition...

11-05-10, 6:27 AM

Awesome. SO FREAKIN' AWESOME.
If it was human, it would be cruel but then his wife was dead. And he took good care of her before she did (or did he?). Killing his undead wife is actually the best decision.
/end rant.

11-05-10, 6:34 AM

Well Toshio... that was too much.

11-05-10, 6:37 AM

The doctor looked awfully at the beggining.He should seriously get some sleep..He is like a zombie.At this point the okiagari is less frightening than him.What he did to his wife was just sick.I couldn't bear to watch.I felt sorry for her.But nonetheless AMAZING episode.Shiki is an awesome show!!

11-05-10, 7:42 AM

Bura said:
Such an awesome episode!!! :D I loved every bit of it. Though I was kinda missing Tohru, why wasn't he with Masao and Megumi? =P Ah well, I'm guessing we'll see him next week.

Tohru supposed to show up in this ep but the anime director didn't make him appear until the next episode or so. He's my favorite character!!! ^_^

Here's the link to show proof:
http://www.mangareader.net/606-53824-30/shiki/chapter-19.html

11-05-10, 8:00 AM

pretty nice episode, the part with the doc testing drugs and stuff on her was very exciting. Hope this keeps up like this and doesnt become boring like the last episodes again.

11-05-10, 8:20 AM

bigfist said:
and thats the diffrence between ozaki and natsuno
natsuno couldn't kill his friend who he spent less than 3 months with him and died for it
while ozaki killed his wife who he spent more time with her without thinking twice
^Agree

Man he is so cold blooded even it's his wife but that is his only chance to get "Shiki" know to discover their weakpoint.

11-05-10, 8:20 AM

Aww I felt sad for Kyoko right when she started whimpering. ;_;
Why can't Toshio experiment with someone more annoying? Like Masao or Megumi.

11-05-10, 8:52 AM

This episode redeemed Shiki for me in one fell swoop. It was kind of slipping a bit after the hiatus but it was just building up in preparation for this part. Brilliant. Showing the regeneration up until the veins and blood itself was just great and outright scary. Toshio in that last part covered in blood just screams madman but I know he's still sane and hurt inside. Now how will they apply the knowledge here to defeat them. Excellent episode.

Oh and Masao getting beat up by Megumi warrants this 5/5, even without Toshio's experimentation.

Question though. Since when did Toshio start calling them shiki?
Didn't he call them okiagari? I know they call themselves shiki but since when did Toshio start calling them in the same name and who told him? I forgot :|
Modified by belatkuro, 11-05-10, 8:55 AM

11-05-10, 9:02 AM

And this is why I normally stray away from shows that are 'likely to contain lots of gore', because I want to spare my soul. Anyhow, watch it or not?

11-05-10, 9:10 AM

desolato said:
And this is why I normally stray away from shows that are 'likely to contain lots of gore', because I want to spare my soul. Anyhow, watch it or not?

I think that's just about it for the goriness...umm, unless you count another staking to the heart gory? what about desperate self defense from a shiki? I don't think there will be any goriness for a while though.

11-05-10, 9:17 AM

WHAT THE..

11-05-10, 9:26 AM

the fat nurse in bikini was the scariest part .
But the expression on Toshio's face at the end was priceless.

Pages (8) 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 3.8 » ... Last »