Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Dec 26, 2014 9:53 AM

Nov 2013
amazing amazing amazing.
Jan 3, 2015 1:22 AM

Jan 2014
Kyoko starts to call his name so the doctor puts tape over her mouth. "Now I'm going to try injecting pesticide." OMG.

The doctor is a true scientist.
Jan 15, 2015 12:24 PM

Oct 2014
Wow Toshio is a heartless son of a bitch!
"The subject regains conciousness"
Seriously she's your wife dammit even if you don't like her you shouldn't run tests on her! I felt very sorry for her.
Feb 6, 2015 7:19 AM

Jun 2014
He used his own wife for experiment. I'm not sure if I had to feel bad. The doctor already on his own limit, but still that was heartless to do.
Feb 15, 2015 4:41 AM

Jan 2015
poor kyoko Q.Q
Mar 11, 2015 8:10 PM

Oct 2013
To understand the body of the shiki he experimented on the body of his own wife, damn such a great episode, defiantly my favorite one so far from the show.

Jun 2, 2015 6:38 PM

Feb 2015
The experimenting on Kyouko was brutal. Ozaki's sanity is slipping away. It was bad enough as a doctor he had to give in to the superstition of the Risen being the reason for the increased morality in the village. This is my favourite episode so far since it's what I was expecting most out of the show.
Jul 24, 2015 12:04 PM

Oct 2013
HOLY FUCK. HOLY FUCK. HOLY FUCK. Oh man... I would've said, "Well, it's just an ordinary horror torture scene." But that was his friggin WIFE, man. He didn't even bother to comfort her or explain to her what was going on; he didn't even say a word to her, did he? He just experimented with her and killed her, ignoring her whimpering and screaming and crying and that was his friggin WIFE, man. yeezus...

I completely understand his perspective, why he did it; I'd even say it was necessary. But my goodness is it terrible... I can't tell if Toshio earned respect or fear out of this.

That + insight on the world of the Shiki + Megumi bitchslapping Murao makes this easily the best episode of the series. I doubt another episode could top this.
ZadionJul 24, 2015 12:08 PM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 15, 2015 9:17 PM

Feb 2013
Did he really need to stick her with pesticides? Didn't even spare any last words for his wife lol. What an episode.
Sep 1, 2015 10:56 AM

May 2010
So this is what this show is aiming for... Showing how disgusting one can be when driven to the extreme. I used to think Ozaki was a really brave and cool person now I am confused for even thinking that. He didn't have to go that far. He checked her to an extent which wasn't even necessary. He went mad with his curiosity. Now I think he's going to turn into an evil guy, after-all...

But then again, humans perform all kinds of experiments on animals first. And they don't hesitate to that. Keeping in mind, someone has to do the dirty work, but it is difficult keeping your senses while doing that dirty work.

Episodes like these make me wonder who is at wrong, humans or shiki. Or maybe both.

This is probably going to turn into a masterpiece, and I am so watching it.

EDIT - I just the manga version of it, and while just as graphic, it didn't seem as brutal. Ozaki's actions were more explained, instead of the cruelty he did in the anime ver. It still felt wrong, but you know, it felt like he was really trying to find a cure there instead of what seemed in the anime. Still brutal though, that much is true.
TragicRomanceSep 1, 2015 11:11 AM
Sep 5, 2015 3:16 AM
Oct 2013
Ozaki works so hard to find out weakness of Shiki, and he totally deserve his hardwork.

Oct 10, 2015 2:01 PM

Mar 2013
That was a great episode. I found the end really funny, somehow.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Nov 21, 2015 3:36 AM

Oct 2014
I feel so bad for Kyoko, it seemed she didn't even realize she was a shiki and she looked so afrai.
Dec 12, 2015 10:08 PM

Nov 2015
The doctor sure was scary. The story is moving along very nicely now.
Dec 27, 2015 12:10 PM

Feb 2015
Best episode so far. The doctor isn't playing around. I suspected as much when Kyouko fell victim to shiki. It took a while for the story to develop but it was totally worth it.

I would or at least i would want to do what the doctor did. When the survival is at stake, these kinds of reaction is natural.
Feb 8, 2016 6:18 PM

Jun 2013
That experimentation scene was fantastic. The music, the cold hearted way Toshio just systematically injected drug after drug..... man, I still have chills....

This anime man....
Feb 10, 2016 11:08 AM

Aug 2014
Thank you doctor Toshio Ozaki for keeping me with this anime, seriously the only good character in the whole show.
Good episode.
Feb 22, 2016 2:14 AM

Sep 2012
Sucks for her.....................
Apr 2, 2016 6:24 PM

Feb 2015
KingOmerta said:

hahaha...you just proved that they arent human, therefore they shouldnt be treated like one... right choice, only a dumbass would miss this opportunity to destory these son of a bitches....

U wanna know who killed his wife...the Shiki killed his wife...she had died 5 days ago

AMEN! hear hear! those demons killed his wife, and he he knew that. but even so when she was whispering his name he melted a bit, but had to stay strong. that's why he put the tape here. why is it that no-one understands he had to kill every emotion for himself in order to go through this? he's NOT cruel. in fact it's just the opposite. he was willing to do that to himself to save the village.
-----
so this is "seinen" part of the show...not gonna lie it was pretty intense, especially since i can't even handle PG-13 naruto violence. but toshio had to do what he had to do.
Apr 2, 2016 6:24 PM

Feb 2015
KingOmerta said:

hahaha...you just proved that they arent human, therefore they shouldnt be treated like one... right choice, only a dumbass would miss this opportunity to destory these son of a bitches....

U wanna know who killed his wife...the Shiki killed his wife...she had died 5 days ago

AMEN! hear hear! those demons killed his wife, and he he knew that. but even so when she was whispering his name he melted a bit, but had to stay strong. that's why he put the tape here. why is it that no-one understands he had to kill every emotion for himself in order to go through this? he's NOT cruel. in fact it's just the opposite. he was willing to do that to himself to save the village.
-----
so this is "seinen" part of the show...not gonna lie it was pretty intense, especially since i can't even handle PG-13 naruto violence. but toshio had to do what he had to do.
Apr 26, 2016 8:28 AM

Jan 2013
-Ziro said:
To understand the body of the shiki he experimented on the body of his own wife, damn such a great episode, defiantly my favorite one so far from the show.

I completely agree ... it was definitely unpleasant ... whilst he was experimenting on his "dead" wife. - I got so many chills.
Goodness ... this episode was top notch, so intense.
May 11, 2016 1:30 AM
Jul 2018
Much cringe at torture scene @-@
May 16, 2016 10:50 AM
Jul 2014
WTF, Toshio became exactly like dr. Mengele, didn't he?!? Experimenting with what to inject into Kyouko!?!? You can see the fright in her eyes!!! Poor Kyouko - and she was the prettiest girl (woman) for me in the series. That hair-style of hers is just incredibly sexy!
May 16, 2016 11:01 AM
Jul 2014
OMG, he kills hid wife?!? Well, she was my favorite character, so I'm gonna give it 7 and not 8 because of that! LOL
Like Seishin Muroi says in the next episode - Killing others is never justice! Damn right!
jakovMay 16, 2016 11:08 AM
Oct 18, 2016 5:36 AM

Jul 2008
I don't know why people felt sad for Megumi when she just when and tortured her "best friend" by killing her dad.

And the Doctor has finally snapped, now he's become just as much of a monster as them.
Jan 2, 2017 6:35 PM

Dec 2015
That was pretty gruesome to watch.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 26, 2017 12:35 PM

Sep 2014
Wow Ozaki is really broken down now. I felt sorry for Kyouko going through all that torture.

Intense episode!
Jul 5, 2017 9:06 PM

Apr 2014
so, doc went crazy. all hope is on the monk now

i actually have no idea how this will end with the way things are going, even the main character died
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2017 9:10 AM

Mar 2017
They finally got to the "morally ambiguous" part that I was promised... and fuck, is it disturbing. This is the first real gore we're seeing, and it's awesome. But what was up with all of those panty shots and boob-jiggling in this episode? That felt kinda weird...

I really hope this episode will set a new tone for the rest of the series. It's definitely awesome so far.
Oct 15, 2017 2:19 AM
Apr 2017
cptlee39 said:
But what was up with all of those panty shots and boob-jiggling in this episode? That felt kinda weird...

It felt like a number of the scenes in this episode violated the tone of the show in a strange way. The comedy is not well executed.
Dec 26, 2017 11:43 PM

May 2017
Shiki are not human, no need to feel bad about what the doctor did.
Dec 30, 2017 11:55 PM

Sep 2016
Hoppy said:
The experimentation was extremely painful to watch, I also think that he should listened to Kyoko prior to his gruesome experimentation, he could have gotten some information like maybe that she wasn't completely dead. Monk comes in shocked senseless at the most likely pulverized Kyoko with blood everywhere, he's like "Toshio has gone mad". He may also have found a way to destroy them but it won't be pleasant to see if that's the case.
welp it was sad to watch him torture his wife looks like hes lost any sense of remorse and in terms of doing it towards your wife it will breed a cold hearted shiki hunter. It doesnt feel that bad since she is already dead and more than likely wouldve got hungry and tried to attack him anyway but the thing is how does he explain this to everyone and the monk i hope they come to the realization soon and not fault him for what hes done
Facta Non Verba
Oct 27, 2018 11:46 AM

Jun 2015
This was very cruel to do this to his wife of all people
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 23, 2019 7:32 AM

Dec 2013
When Kyoko opened her rotten eyes, it's really creepy!!!!! And I really feel bad for her. But it seems that Dr. Ozaki needs to do that. I think the monk's father knows something and I hope the two siblings wouldn't get hurt. Don't let that Doctor from ebisu clinic enter!!!!

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Apr 29, 2019 1:46 AM
Jan 2019
he gone mad scary but what can he do
just like those mad scientist but he did it to his wife (dead wife) this gone mad but i like it
May 27, 2019 8:08 PM

May 2008
Did all the commenters here just forget it was Kyoko's fault that the old lady died before she was the one to invited the rest in? =_=

It's not shocking he chose her, not at all. Not only did she screw him over, even if unintentionally, she was the perfect opportunity since he didn't have to deal with digging up someone else. Maybe next time she wouldn't be inviting strangers in a home that really wasn't hers.

If anything this shows that until the hunger takes over, they're very much like their human selves personality-wise. It's the hunger (as stated earlier) that makes them seemingly incompatible with humans... at least so far.

I would agree that it was dumb of him to NOT talk to her first. But, we've established the doctor isn't all that smart, common sense nor street-wise.
Jun 3, 2019 11:03 PM
Mar 2019
i was beyond shocked and disturbed. the doctor is fucking crazy, how could he murder his wife and not think twice about experimenting on her. even “shiki” are human at first and turn into monsters by slowly adapting to their beastly behavior. he didn’t even shed a tear when she died. honestly lowk hate the doctor
Jul 30, 2019 10:52 PM

Jan 2018
This episode is legitimately the first time I've experienced "horror" in anime. It wasn't scary, but the entire concept was disturbing as fuck. A necessary evil, I suppose, but man... doc's definitely beginning to go off the deep end.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Aug 14, 2019 11:01 PM

Sep 2014
WHAT IN THE FUCK

Christ
Oct 5, 2019 4:31 PM

Jan 2016
I feel like the doctor has gone crazy or something and he doesn't even think about or consider his wife. I'm like... Did he ever even love her?
He's drawing her blood samples and just testing her o-o
He even covered her mouth with tape once she figured out how to talk... ohmygod.
HE FUCKING KILLED HER OMG WTF.
Nov 12, 2019 3:53 AM

Apr 2015
This should have happened much earlier tbh.
Dec 15, 2019 9:49 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I think I need a breather after this. Best episode in the series, no contest there, this is already competing with Aoi Bungaku series as my favorite horror Anime of all time, if it continues like this, it will easily take the crow for the creepiest Anime I've ever seen. I'm both disturbed and in love with this majestic, disgustingly brutal scenery. I'm glad they did not censor a lot of it.

I felt sorry for his wife all the way through, now that we know how serious Ozaki is about finishing off these Vampires, he might go insane after what he just did.
Feb 7, 2020 9:08 PM

Sep 2018
Fricking finally something interesting happens, about time. The pacing is ridiculously slow and not that suspenseful.
Apr 7, 2020 3:36 PM
Apr 2014
Wow, this episode was disturbing. I kinda felt bad for Kyoko. Honestly, I wished it was Megumi on the dissecting table instead of her.
tomarwanApr 7, 2020 3:54 PM
Aug 20, 2020 5:11 AM

Feb 2020
Okay, when I said Ozaki was going insane I didn't think it was to such a degree.
Poor Kyouko, he completely tortured and butchered her, that was very hard to see.
And while I assume his conclusions were correct, didn't he jump on them way too quickly ? I mean, he was torturing Kyouko, of course she was terrorized.
At least now we know shikis can be killed... Though the means are incredibly violent. Actually, if humans start doing that, they'll be even worse than the vampires who only bite their victims.
Now I wonder what will Muroi do now that he's seen how far Ozaki has gone.
Nov 25, 2020 4:32 AM

Dec 2018
the doctor's crazy damn it, he did some awful shits but there was no other way but damn :")
I'm guessing the last method worked
Feb 25, 2021 1:35 PM

Apr 2020
What the fuck...

Why did it have to be his wife. That's seriously fucked up. This dude has been weird af from the start and making confusing decisions. And now he ended up here, what a fucking loser.
Mar 2, 2021 5:24 PM
Oct 2012
I'm glad I stuck with this slow burn of an anime. What a cursed episode.
Jun 14, 2021 10:20 AM

Jan 2020
Somebody got to do the dirty work....
Jun 14, 2021 10:21 AM

Jan 2020
Still, as I want to sympathize with Kyoukyo, she got it coming by silently cheating(?) with Tamaki. Well.....the show didn't even tell what she's doing with him...
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.