Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2008 5:09 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good episode. This is Toshokan Sensou. Mixture of serious discussion and embarrassing romance. Addition of unnesessary action scenes is not required to make an episode enjoyable.

The books Sunagawa destroyed supported the censorship policy. This is an exact opposite case of what the "Administrative" group did before (not shown in the anime). "Administrative" group took the advantage of Satoshi's conspiracy and tried to gain the upper hand over the "Principle" group.

Did I provide a spoiler in the previous post? If you think so, I will erase the post.
dtshykMay 29, 2008 8:42 PM
May 31, 2008 1:03 AM

Nov 2007
Man I loved this episode!!! <3

So finally the truth is revealed(?)...
Looking forward to how it's all gonna end...

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
May 31, 2008 2:03 PM

May 2008
I loved it too!!!

dtshyk said:

This is Toshokan Sensou. Mixture of serious discussion and embarrassing romance. Addition of unnesessary action scenes is not required to make an episode enjoyable.

Exactly! This is precisely what I love Toshokan Sensou for - this going back and forth between the conspiracy plot and the looser, sometimes even ridiculous romance/comedy bits. The balance was really good in this episode, it made for a very rewarding, heartwarming viewing... (that and the gorgeous colour palette!)
On the fluffier side,

Also, it's really great to keep seeing Shibasaki have this much screentime.

I have a comprehension question, though, as I am watching the show raw (being so into it I just cannot wait for the subs), and I missed something in the final conversation between Asahina and Shibasaki:

Oh, my, is this going to be a long week till next episode...

Sorry if I'm overdoing it with the spoiler buttons, I just prefer to be extra careful... and I apologize for any weird phrasing, too - I seem to be on temporarily bad terms with my English grammar tonight.
Jun 3, 2008 8:23 PM

Jan 2008
I really don't think you needed the spoiler buttons, It's not the next epi you commenting on.
bystrouska said:
I love it when she bosses everyone around into helping/saving Kasahara. What can I say… I <3 Shibasaki.

Yea I dig her power too

bystrouska said:
that moment when Doujou was unable to pat Kasahara's head on account of her wearing high heels was adorable. :)

daro? That got a giggle from me as well
Jun 3, 2008 10:53 PM

May 2008
Seemed like a good episode, but Ocha's subs took a real downturn this week. A lot of mistakes :( Are there any better subs of this ep out?
Jun 3, 2008 11:23 PM

Oct 2007
Prince Charming is reveiled.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2008 12:49 AM
Apr 2008
great ep
I liked the last part of the ep.
Jun 4, 2008 4:48 AM

Aug 2007
Great episode. Last part rocked. But it was obvious :p
Jun 4, 2008 7:38 AM
May 2008
Bunji said:
Seemed like a good episode, but Ocha's subs took a real downturn this week. A lot of mistakes :( Are there any better subs of this ep out?

I thought it was pretty ok, except the ED Karaoke was out of sync . According to Ocha! the encoding was a rushed job so the Karaoke wasn't synced properly. Other than that minor glitch I thought the translation was decent. So what are the mistakes you mentioned?

It you want better subs, there's Menclave. I mean, they're better than Ocha! anyway.
cyhoJun 4, 2008 7:42 AM
Jun 4, 2008 12:32 PM
Dec 2007
Yeah, the Prince Charming part wasn't really unexpected (it was absolutely obvious after the failed patting by Doujou ;)) but the way it was revealed is cool.

Great episode as always, deep and entertaining plot with romance and politics involved, I just love it.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 4, 2008 12:47 PM

May 2008
Jacut said:
Yeah, the Prince Charming part wasn't really unexpected (it was absolutely obvious after the failed patting by Doujou ;)) but the way it was revealed is cool.

Oh, yes. I just ADORED Kasahara's delayed reaction. Priceless! :)
Jun 4, 2008 1:19 PM

Jun 2008
The Prince Charming part was way too obvious since from the first episode.

I like this series a lot and I'm still hoping Kasa x Dojo get together in the last few episodes.
Jun 4, 2008 1:42 PM

Jan 2008
Somehow, i quite like Toshokan, 12 episodes in total is somewhat inadequate, i want moreee of Kasahara and Doujou XD Tezuka and Shibasaki do make a good couple as well O.o
Jun 5, 2008 10:19 AM

Jun 2008
The guy with the sunglasses and the face mask in the preview...

...looked like Dojo, trying to sneak into Kasaharas dorm?!
Jun 5, 2008 5:38 PM

Jun 2007
Ah what a good episode ^_^ love, understood everything, DoujoxKasahara, TezukaxShibasaki? yay.
Jun 10, 2008 7:42 AM

Jan 2008
this is just great, no over complication, smooth plot, good flow, fun episode

LOL at Doujo when he couldn't pat kasahara's head xD

hanabiii said:
TezukaxShibasak

Tezuka x Shibasaki? hmm... i don't know.. doesn't seem right for me xS

Jun 15, 2008 11:44 PM

Feb 2008
hanabiii said:
love, understood everything, DoujoxKasahara, TezukaxShibasaki? yay.

Totally agree. It was a very entertaining ep and the couples are cute. But was I the only one who had no clue about Prince Charming? xD I thought Charming was just meant to explain her entry into the library corps. I didn't think he would make a reappearance, lol. How can she not recognize him then? o.O

He's her childhood hero, that's so sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing that play out in the next ep. ^^
Jun 16, 2008 12:16 AM

Feb 2008
new_user said:
How can she not recognize him then? o.O

That's the funniest thing about Kasahara. She is obsessed with the Prince Charming, but she doesn't remember his face at all. I think they will show what actually happened in Kasahara's interview for the employment. She proudly talked about the Prince in front of the Prince himself and other officers, who also knew who the Prince was,
Jul 16, 2008 11:37 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
"Why... are you wearing high heels?" xD

That was a great episode, the best one so far I think. I enjoyed every minute of it and I'm still laughing.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 5, 2009 9:50 AM

Apr 2008
How did Satoshi know about prince charming?
// Hearts are wasted, lives are broken.
Dec 29, 2009 7:45 AM

Jul 2009
Shibasaki I love YOU
Yay she found out this will be interesting XD
May 3, 2010 9:23 PM

Feb 2009
This episode is full of lolz
Jul 12, 2013 3:13 PM

Nov 2011
Well, glad that little drama is over. Lol @ ending as usual.
Jul 28, 2013 11:14 PM

Jun 2012
Shibasaki is a slut real talk.
Feb 11, 2014 2:08 AM

Aug 2013
I was close to going all awww but I laughed out loud when Doujo couldn't pat Kasahara's head because of the high heels XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 23, 2014 6:59 PM

Nov 2009
HAHAHA the end . . . It seems she finally found out (I figured from episode one they were one and the same) . . . I wonder how she will act around him now, knowing all the things she admitted to him, whilst not knowing she was saying these things directly to the guy in question.
Jul 1, 2014 1:08 AM

May 2012
That failed head patting because of the high heels. Lol. But I wonder how did Tezuka's older brother knew that it was Dojo.
Dec 9, 2014 7:04 PM

Jul 2014
Oh God... I literally burst out laughing in the scene where Doujou couldn't pat Kasahara's head. That was too damn hilarious! If they do end up together somehow by the end, I kinda wish he was taller. I absolutely love his character... but that height difference though. xP
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jan 28, 2015 6:23 AM

May 2011
Now this is what I call a great episode. The amount of political backdrop information is really some decent stuff, and the notion of having two separate factions even in the Library Force. Just like how there are left and right wings in governmental politics. Although, I do have to admit that the Governmentalists' actions are highly questionable - it is as if they pursue moving up to a higher order in the government as so to make de-censorship a higher possibility, but at the same time it seems they are actually trying to secretly propagate the notion of censorship from within.

Once again, it is rather tragic to see Kasahara undergo all the hardships just because it was Hikaru's problems. At least, he manned up and wanted to protect her, though that would only result into a trap for him. Satoshi's fundamental technique of reversing the policies strikingly resemble the Governmentalists way of doing things, don't they? No wonder he could just call off the suspicions place on Kasahara in the end - out of pure intrigue. I like his character. Sneaky and sly, but rational and intelligent.

The best scene would go to the part where Dojo tried to reach for Kasahara's head. THAT was full of lols, I can't help but laugh at that part. Now what will she do? Now that Kasahara figured out her Prince Charming...

5/5
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jun 20, 2015 9:44 AM

Jan 2010
Seriously, this show has no right to be this cute or funny. Censorship is a political firebomb of controversy, and while I'd like to see more of that, I'm fully enjoying the romantic comedy bits. I just lost it at the high heels joke. It feels like I'm watching Eden of the East again, where there's a serious political and socioeconomic backdrop to the romance and character interactions. I really do like this show, but it truly is a lost opportunity.
Feb 21, 2016 6:24 AM

May 2014
Both serious and romantic
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
May 29, 2017 8:19 AM

Oct 2012
Finally, Shibasaki.. She really understand me!
I mean why almost in every "drama" movies they always throw away something expensive (ring, watch, etc)
Just sell it then enjoy the money xD

Censorship sucks
It just made everything miserable

Can they not end every episodes with her screaming voice? xD
"Signature removed"
Dec 25, 2019 10:33 AM

Dec 2014
ok like she was in the tight spot...hmmm
Feb 2, 2021 2:23 PM

Jul 2017
Such a good episode, and it was quite the reveal to Kasahara from Satoshi, since she knows now who her Prince was all along and she was working with him for quite some time now. The story was also handled pretty well in this episode along with the world building, especially surrounding the political side of the Library force itself by dividing the people into governmentalists and fundamentalists, and showcasing why Satoshi wanted to go through with this project and abandon the concept of a task force for the Library too. Interesting discussions, fun reveals, good serious and comedy moments, this show has it all for me to enjoy consuming in this episode.
Apr 22, 2021 2:27 AM

May 2020
That failed headpat scene was gold XD.
Really nice episode. We got some interesting information about the Library Force that There's actually two sides of them. Governmentalists and Fundamentalists. Will there gonna be a civil war in the future? Who knows?
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Jun 26, 2008

61 by Maou_heika »»
Aug 25, 2023 5:04 AM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 5 Discussion

dtshyk - May 8, 2008

29 by Floral_soap »»
Jun 2, 2023 4:10 PM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Apr 10, 2008

60 by TenM »»
Sep 17, 2022 3:51 AM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 3 Discussion

dtshyk - Apr 24, 2008

38 by caneton_pas_fini »»
Sep 2, 2022 11:38 AM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 11 Discussion

dtshyk - Jun 19, 2008

41 by AntiMoba »»
Apr 24, 2021 10:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.