Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 5, 2012 9:58 PM

Aug 2010
Once Yang arrives at the scene the Empire is fucked

Merkatz did a fine job at holding them off
Mar 29, 2012 2:09 PM

Feb 2012
That was great. The first season space battles had been a bit disappointing after the prequels but now they're starting to be of the same standard. Also with the use of music. Beethoven FTW.
Apr 25, 2012 8:56 PM

Feb 2012
So far, the two people who have done the most to save the Alliance at Iserlohn have been Schenkopp and Merkatz. Now what do those two have in common...?
May 30, 2012 8:41 PM

Jun 2009
Hakuromatsu said:
So far, the two people who have done the most to save the Alliance at Iserlohn have been Schenkopp and Merkatz. Now what do those two have in common...?

....They are both originally from the Empire? To be fair to the Alliance, the Empire had a shit load of incompetent bastards when Merkatz was there.

Speaking of Merkatz, it's great to see what he can do when surrounded by people who KNOW how to let him do his job. He was fantastic here.

Man, this season has been fantastic.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 28, 2013 11:06 PM

Jun 2013
That Merkatz is a smart ass old man.
Sep 15, 2013 9:25 PM

Nov 2009
They got owned ... I really didn't think Merkatz was a good enough tactician to stop this but I guess I was wrong.
Jan 16, 2014 6:29 AM

Aug 2013
The Death Star face-off in this episode was awesome I love this anime :D
Apr 19, 2014 8:30 PM

Mar 2013
SlickDragon said:
Yang is reaching his limit of tolerance, I only wish that he could join with Reinhardt and abolish the mockery of "democracy" that the Free Alliance supposedly stands for. If Kircheis was alive that would likely have been a probable outcome, since Kircheis greatly respected and held of Yang, and would smooth the transition of alliance between the two mammoths Reinhardt and Yang. This is one of the primary reasons Kircheis had to die, to render the otherwise sensible alliance between the two nearly impossible.

This is what i said after watching episode 31. Interesting for Yang to say here in Ep 33-

"And when I received news of his Death, I felt as if an old friend had died. It might be called the hypocrisy of fighting opponents, but if he were here he might have become a bridge for the sake of coexistence of the Alliance and the Empire".
Jul 2, 2014 7:41 PM

Apr 2012
nice to see merkatz getting in on that action and some fortress vs fortress action o_O. some great dialogue as well.

Aug 5, 2014 1:05 PM

Nov 2013
Nice to see Merkatz free from having his talents choked. Old guy be showing everyone how it's done.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 4, 2014 8:09 PM

Mar 2012
Haytin said:
The Death Star face-off in this episode was awesome I love this anime :D

Pretty epic stuff :)
Feb 22, 2015 2:22 PM

May 2012
Damn epic episode! Let's see what happens next!
Feb 26, 2015 4:33 PM

Aug 2014
That was an exciting action-packed episode. Probably one of the best so far. Can't wait to see the next one!
May 27, 2015 3:45 AM
Nov 2014
Very good episode, action packed with great usage of strategies and it was refreshing to see the alliance forces held on their own without the help of Wenli.

DAT fortress vs fortress stuff was GOAT.
Jun 27, 2015 3:24 AM

Dec 2013
Amazing episode. Cool to see that they still hold their own even without Yang's help.
Oct 12, 2015 3:53 PM

Nov 2012
well that's good they managed to do this well without Yang.. but the battle still far from over though!
Oct 19, 2015 12:43 AM

Jan 2014
It was nice to see some actual man action, y'know. :D
I like that grey-haired young man from the Empire. :)
Dec 5, 2015 2:24 PM

Dec 2012
OK, Yang is sure very talented, but those Yang worshipers among imperial soldiers are starting to get on my nerves.
May 2, 2016 7:58 PM

Jun 2010
That was a marked improvement over the samey and poorly thought-out battle sequences from the first 26 episodes. We're having some proper space action now. No shallow caricature commanders to be found!

And even a cool sci-fi idea. Using a constant like gravity to nix the super-tech defense barrier is a great idea and it's amusing how the mobile fortress' true purpose isn't as a giant flying gun but just to neutralize the enemy's defense and best offense while the regular warships follow up on the vulnerability.

Yang doesn't go far enough in identifying the weakness inherent in Reinhard's regime. True, there's reason to doubt whomever succeeds Reinhard, but there's also reason to doubt Reinhard, no matter his personal qualities. Didn't we have a discussion just last episode of how Rudolf became a dictator out of a desire to serve others but became a monster? Do I need to quote "power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely"?
May 13, 2016 3:53 PM
Nov 2011
burntlettuce said:
I still don't understand why the are using battle axe's just doesn't make any sense to me.

Good battle, Merkatz is definitely a genius and i am glad that he is now on Yang's team(He needed a few more intelligent commanders).

Very old comment, I'm aware. The reason is because (if you've seen the OVA) using a gun on those armored suits are ineffective. Remember that "guns" now are all lasers/blasters and since both the Alliance and Empire have been at war for over 150 years we can assume that combat has grown substantially, but counters for those have grown just as easily.

The good ol' steel axe probably is the only thing that hasn't changed.
Jun 10, 2016 10:10 AM

Aug 2014
Wasn't expecting to see a bit of discomfort between Kempt and Muller...I guess that's what happens when two egos clash.

I'm glad Merkatz's putting in work for the team.
Oct 2, 2016 7:38 PM

Mar 2016
It's about time there was an actually interesting space battle, and between two death stars no less. It's also nice to see other competent commanders on both sides instead of one being overly dumb as was the case in the first season.
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Jan 6, 2017 7:29 PM

Apr 2016
Magneficient, epic fight between the 2 fortress. Got goosebump when they exchanged firepower, the music used in battles is brilliant, makes me feel like i'm watching an opera performance lol. Merkats saved the day for alliance side, the old geez knows the Empire side more than anyone else in Iserlohn fortress, combined with his experience versus the new and hasty Admiral on the offensive side, the outcome was clear. However Kempf made an ambiguous report to Reinhard, and he seems frustrated. This man is just as ambitous as many others, and he's striving to earn a place in Reinhard's mind, so defeat is not an option, he'll probably do something haste and crazy to win the next battle.
Feb 14, 2017 1:34 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Another great episode, space fight episode, between Fortress against Fortress!!!! Strategy and lucky, and for the moment, draw!!!

Will Yang can change this if arrives on time?

Merkatz, perfect!!!
Sep 20, 2018 5:39 PM

Feb 2017
Yang's mere existence messes up the Empire's strategic plans.
eski514Sep 20, 2018 5:54 PM
Nov 6, 2018 2:49 PM

Jul 2017
putting the exelence of this episode asides, I found it funny how the name of the alliances's planes where all alcohol. cognac, wisky, vodka... :b
Nov 2, 2019 6:12 AM

Oct 2012
So Sieg's death is known everywhere even outside the Empire
As Yang said, future could be brighter if only Sieg wasn't dead

Damn this fortress vs. fortress is way too good
The odds are way too good for the Empire though, but I believe FPA can win this
They have to, it's their only chance
"Signature removed"
Feb 4, 2020 8:39 PM

Jan 2018
supersayen said:
"Making use of Geiersberg Fortress's huge mass..."
"They sealing up our own main guns and strengthened their own armor !"

Ok that part was a bit confusing. What does the Geiersberg Fortress have to do with the "main guns" being sealed, didn't they just put them in the back of the fortress to shoot the Empire's fleet

And how did the Geirsberg armor get stronger suddenly ?

And what's up with the "gravity" explanation, it didn't make sense to me :/

I think u don't understand how tides works.
With a huge mass the affect of gravity on liquids in a circular body works in a way that the point in the exact direction of the body and the point of exact opposition grows in height, so it's like stretching the outer layer of the fortress, flooding the main gun and the smallers guns behind that were focused on the imperial fleet.
Now the explation for the armor is:
The Geiersberg fortress first accelerated then shot, that way he was already approaching Isellon fortress, the alliance on reaction shot their gun, so the thing here is, with each consecutive shot the damage gets reduced because they're getting closer and closer making the armor stronger with greater gravity, and with the empire having the first shot, they'll always have the more damage dealt, leaving them in an advantage, but they only used the fortress here as a bait for their fleet to take action.
Remember that that line of the armor was said by someone from the alliance, with his perspective, in the end the armor stuff didn't matter, cause, again, the fortress was only a distraction
IangamebrFeb 4, 2020 8:44 PM
Feb 12, 2020 9:29 AM
Feb 2019
man this battle is the prequel to the legendary metapod vs metapod battle in pokemon
Oct 19, 2020 8:37 AM
May 2016
Why is Merkatz still wearing his old uniform?

"Teaching the ladies of Iserlohn to have something of a philanthropic spirit is of little or no importance." What does that mean?
Apr 20, 2021 6:07 PM

Jul 2016
Beatnik said:
Fuck Star Wars. Fuck it in the ear.

LotGH pits two Death Stars against each other. Take that Lucas you fat necked fuck!

Truly a wonderful episode.

How will it end!
Jun 11, 2021 12:32 PM

Feb 2012
2021 Rewatch

Iserlohn has to fool Geiersburg into making them believe Yang is there. So begins the back-and-forth of devastating cannons firing.

Oops, Yang's destruction of the Artemis necklace meant more than accusations of weakening Heinessen's defenses for his own coup attempt. The FPA cannot allow more forces to leave.

Bloody amazing visuals when the Rosenritter fight the Imperial landing troops hovering above the surface of the fortress. Has some of the same movements of a medieval battle on horseback.

Moving Geiersburg closer to Iserlohn so the gravity raise the tides of the liquid metal "oceans" is a stroke of genius. Thicker armor on their side and seals the Thor Hammer on Iserlohn's side. But that would also mean there would be low tides on opposite sides of each fortress where the armor would be thinner (if one side could get forces behind the opposing fortress...)

Julian turning Yang's suggestion around to put his eyes on Lt. Greenhill. :D

Poplin knows what to fight for

Yes, go Merkatz! If Müller's fleet had headed "west" following the alliance fleet behind the fortress, they'd be lured into the Thor Hammer firing range, so they headed east, neglecting Iserlohn's other armaments.
Fortress_MaximusJun 15, 2021 3:40 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 20, 2021 9:09 AM
Nov 2020
We finally got to see the FPA power armor in the fighting on the surface of Iserlohn.
Apr 13, 2022 4:53 PM

Dec 2007
first time i see a 3-d strategic in lotgh, this anime doesn't cease to amaze me.
and also the impression of this war is pronounced well in the comments of death start vs death star. lol

yang comment about the alliance and the empire coexisting was true, but i believe kircheis had been killed for this purpose. to actually make the story continue rather than ending with peace lol.
Nov 17, 2022 3:21 AM

May 2018
Merkatz low key saving the Alliance's ass right now
Jan 7, 2023 12:25 PM

Aug 2018
Great battle sequence troughout whole episode, it seems that Yang doesn't need to be around in order for sucess, at least this time.

Merkatz really has proven his talents to everyone around and gained more trust, this is a big loss for empire indeed
May 25, 2023 7:47 PM
Dec 2021
Pretty decent episode, good enough battle which will probably get better.
Aug 25, 2023 5:55 AM

Aug 2020
This anime is kinda overrated. Not to say it isn't good. It is. It's just that this series doesn't live much to its praise so far.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.