Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 29, 2008 2:35 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I've warmed up to the OP music but I still don't like the animation. Having Annerose just sitting there sewing through the whole thing ruins it. ED is still worse than the first :P

Yang could never retire. The people don't want him to retire. Fate doesn't want him to retire. He's stuck in the military for life. It just sucks that he's usually at a disadvantage though. Having a powerful enemy in front and politicians behind just overcomplicates things. Pulling off another miracle win this time looks like it will be his toughest challenge yet. Even if Iserlohn will be able to survive for 4 weeks until his arrival, they definitely won't be at full combat strength by then.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Oct 18, 2008 8:58 PM

Aug 2008
In a sense I feel bad for the politicians of the FPA since no matter what they lose in this situation. I did like the ending of this episode however. Personally though I think the last episode was just a bit better.

Oh and they mentioned Oberstein but I have not seen him on screen for a while. Wonder what he is up to...
Oct 18, 2008 9:00 PM

Apr 2008
shinigami034 said:
In a sense I feel bad for the politicians of the FPA since no matter what they lose in this situation. I did like the ending of this episode however. Personally though I think the last episode was just a bit better.

Oh and they mentioned Oberstein but I have not seen him on screen for a while. Wonder what he is up to...

Feeding his dog and plotting.
Nov 22, 2008 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
Some unintentional humour with Yang getting all ready to resign dramatically, then getting cut off and missing his chance-- I loved the expression on his face.
Feb 2, 2009 4:23 AM

Jan 2008
"I hope you dont end up like Hitler, Mr Yang. Oh, well dinner's over, gotta go bye!"
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 13, 2009 11:35 AM

Jan 2009
I enjoy that fate allows Yang enough leeway to get out of sticky situations such as that inquiry. It's good to know that some people in that committee aren't on the same track as that fat bastard Negroponty.
Jan 3, 2010 8:25 AM

Apr 2009
I love how Yang handled himself in that inquiry. He completely told those assholes off. It was also pretty funny when he got all worked up and ready to hand in his resignation when he got cut off and then they want to send him to fight.
Jun 20, 2010 8:37 PM

Jul 2008
Does everyone know Oberstein?

Poor Yang, he's never going to retire at this rate.

BEGINNER
Jul 21, 2010 6:39 PM
Jun 2010
Do they really need Yang in the fortress to command the troops ? can't they use hologram or something ? The only thing he needs to see is the monitor with the space map and the position of all visible troops...

Anyway, things are getting good. It was worth watching the first VERY SLOW 30 episodes, now things can only get better with fortress+Yang versus fortress+Reinhard.

Aug 7, 2010 5:20 PM

Jan 2009
What do you mean with "VERY SLOW"? lol

It's kinda funny that in the last episode was said that Greenhills story wound't be told in the media anyway and in this episode this fat guy had to beg Yang on his knees that he doesn't tell...
Sep 11, 2010 4:14 PM

Jan 2010
Yang completely humiliated that guy...well he humiliated himself but whatever :)
i hope for a little more action in the future episodes
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Sep 15, 2010 11:26 AM

Sep 2008
supersayen said:
Do they really need Yang in the fortress to command the troops ? can't they use hologram or something ? The only thing he needs to see is the monitor with the space map and the position of all visible troops...

You're forgetting the jammars. He cant command his trooops if he cant contact them, and we've always seen how radars, comms etc have been jammed during battles
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Sep 17, 2010 7:51 PM
Jun 2010
Yeah I almost forgot about that :-/

Nov 22, 2010 5:58 PM

May 2010
I hope they kill the Penguin begging...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 7, 2011 8:05 PM
Jun 2011
adamantine said:
Does everyone know Oberstein?

Poor Yang, he's never going to retire at this rate.

I thought that was funny that they referenced him too. Yang was so close, but it just wasn't meant to be.
Sep 18, 2011 12:51 PM
Jul 2010
Fat politician forgot he wasn't actually Japanese. His pose when he begged on the ground was pretty funny, though.

tainteddonut said:
Yang could never retire. The people don't want him to retire. Fate doesn't want him to retire. He's stuck in the military for life.
Very true. Even if there's no one who hates war more than Yang, there's also no one better at it than him.
He's the kind of guy born to change history.
Oct 22, 2011 1:06 AM

Mar 2011
"Iserlohn's about to get attacked, so...lets have lunch!"
Dec 23, 2011 9:05 PM

Sep 2009
I love how I can't tell if the Obsertien comment was slightly breaking the fourth wall or not.
Feb 5, 2012 9:25 PM

Aug 2010
Shit's gonna get real
Apr 25, 2012 8:12 PM

Feb 2012

Good to see The National Enquirer still around 1,500 years from now. Looks like they've actually improved their copyediting, too.

On a more serious note, this image --

-- was the most striking in the episode. Frederica has just heard that Iserlohn Fortress came under attack by the Empire: her friends and comrades will be under siege; their lives will be forfeit without the tactical mastermind Yang to lead their defense and counterattack. And she won't be able to do a thing about it for four excruciating weeks. Report after report will tell of setbacks and lives lost, and she -- and Yang, who she'll have to watch suffer more than her -- will be entirely powerless to respond to those reports.

And yet, this is her first reaction to that news. The political situation on Heinessen is so backwards, so convoluted, so collapsed that news of an "enemy" attack is "good" news. Bucock called that irony. Admiral, that was an understatement.
May 30, 2012 7:39 PM

Jun 2009
@ Hakuromatsu

Yeah, I agree. Bucock and Frederica's reaction really struck a chord with me. Not really much more I can add.

tainteddonut said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I've warmed up to the OP music but I still don't like the animation. Having Annerose just sitting there sewing through the whole thing ruins it. ED is still worse than the first :P

I actually like the prevalence of Annerose in the OP. In a way she's maybe the single most important character in at least the Empire. After all, if she hadn't been taken away by the previous Kaiser, Reinhard maybe would have never thought of his lofty ambition, and I think the OP does a good job of showing this.
Ston3_FreeN7May 30, 2012 8:04 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 31, 2013 5:21 PM

Aug 2008
Frederica has the right idea, "get me away from this political hell and put me in a battle!"
Sep 15, 2013 12:33 AM

Nov 2009
If they increased the range on that other fortress then this could be a rather easy victory. I mean, Iserlohn can't move. So it would be easy to just blast away at it with a giant cannon from out of its range.
Sep 26, 2014 7:24 AM

Dec 2013
OMG!! Death Star VS Death Star. Sorry Star Wars, you just got pwned.

I really really really want those politicians dead. Especially Truniht.

I like the relationship Yang and Frederica are developing :)) Hopefully it goes somewhere and there is a HAPPY ending. Yes HAPPY ending...although I rather doubt it...
Sep 26, 2014 7:32 AM

Dec 2013
Pirating_Ninja said:
If they increased the range on that other fortress then this could be a rather easy victory. I mean, Iserlohn can't move. So it would be easy to just blast away at it with a giant cannon from out of its range.
Just realised what you meant as I was watching the next episode and I totally agree. The Imperial Fortress could just move into range when they fire and move out of range once they finish firing. Iserlohn wouldn't know when the enemy will come into range and therefore can't charge up Thor's Hammer in time for attack...

HOW COULD THEY NOT REALISE THIS?!?!? This is really nagging me now....I simply can't just overlook this....
Sep 26, 2014 7:08 PM

Jun 2013
asdfghjkl99 said:
Pirating_Ninja said:
Just realised what you meant as I was watching the next episode and I totally agree. The Imperial Fortress could just move into range when they fire and move out of range once they finish firing. Iserlohn wouldn't know when the enemy will come into range and therefore can't charge up Thor's Hammer in time for attack...

HOW COULD THEY NOT REALISE THIS?!?!? This is really nagging me now....I simply can't just overlook this....

Unfortunately, Geiersburg Fortress has a weaker main cannon than Iserlohn (it is smaller in size after all) and they probably did not have the time or the capability to enhance its range when outfitting it with engines. So Geiersburg had to be within the range of the Thor Hammer to be able to fire at Iserlohn anyway
Nov 4, 2014 7:39 PM

Mar 2012
Dam, 2 episodes in a row that end really intense. Except this time the fighting will begin >:D
Dec 29, 2014 7:43 PM

Jan 2014
Just popping by for the prelude of a big battle. Exciting stuff. I'm really hoping we get to see the battle proceed without Yang though. Want to see what the others are made of.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 19, 2015 3:30 PM

May 2012
Another rather boring yet informative episode, I do wonder what's next!
Feb 26, 2015 4:04 PM

Aug 2014
Finally! The battle started. I can't wait to see how this unfolds.
May 27, 2015 2:43 AM
Nov 2014
Damn cliffhanger at the end, but the battle has finally started... DAMN HYPE.
Jun 27, 2015 2:26 AM

Dec 2013
Loved this episode! Pretty satisfying to see that guy beg like that. Damn that ending was just hype. Very curious how they'll survive for four weeks without Yang's help.
Oct 12, 2015 3:15 PM

Nov 2012
I swear the Alliance are weak without Yang, they are always waiting for him to bail them out of any and every situation LOL

And the alliance is corrupt as hell too still even after the coup de etat , seems like corrupt politicians took atvantage of the situation and at least some of them seem to be being manipulated by Pheasan . And if nothing else there just a bunch of ass holes who refuse to acknowledge the truth Yang was laying down near the end of that inquiry session.
Oct 18, 2015 5:20 AM

Jan 2014
I loved this episode. Yang's speech there at the inquiry was great.
Too bad he didn't have a chance to hand over the resignation letter.

Yay, the battle between the two fortresses has begun! :D

Wenli x Greenhill <3 <3
Feb 3, 2016 2:26 PM

Mar 2014
Beatnik said:
"I hope you dont end up like Hitler, Mr Yang. Oh, well dinner's over, gotta go bye!"
What's the name of the character who said that? I can't remember it, and it's killing me!
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Feb 3, 2016 5:06 PM

Jun 2013
NERigby96 said:
Beatnik said:
What's the name of the character who said that? I can't remember it, and it's killing me!

I think you are referring to João Rebelo, the Alliance Secretary of the Treasury.
Feb 4, 2016 9:14 AM

Mar 2014
MagisterArcanum said:
NERigby96 said:

I think you are referring to João Rebelo, the Alliance Secretary of the Treasury.
Ah, thank you! Now I can relax :)
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Feb 4, 2016 5:44 PM

Jun 2013
NERigby96 said:
Ah, thank you! Now I can relax :)

You are welcome! =)
May 13, 2016 3:24 PM
Nov 2011
Nobody talking about Huang Rui? I thought it was great how right from the very beginning he understood completely that the inquiry was a waste of time and in the end only bothered to say something in the end mocking all of the other politicians and also showing that he understands his place as a politician. I'm glad that there are good politicians who only do what their job entails and doesn't get into anyone else's business. A shame that they don't have as much power as the chairman.
Jun 1, 2016 4:33 AM
Aug 2014
Hey what are you Oberstein? LOL #nobodylikesoberstein
Jun 10, 2016 8:57 AM

Aug 2014
Yang becoming the second coming of Rudolft? Nah, I don't see it coming. I mean Schenkopp did say a while ago in one episode he wanted him to become some kind of dictator, but the way Yang is I REALLY doubt it. But hey, a lot can happen with the remaining episodes, so we'll have to wait and see.

Yang x Frederica needs to get in on already, I could feel the sexual tension between the two oozing from my screen xD.
Oct 31, 2016 7:26 PM

Aug 2013
Ok, I absolutely fell in love with Yang in this episode. No homo.
Seriously, he totally roasted these politician cunt. Only Green Suit-san looked like a geniune fellow, all the others are probably rotten to the core.

I just love so much how Yang is down to Earth. You can see that he have commoner origin by how he doesn't look for fame or attention. I also love how philosophical and anti-war he is. He's just so geniune.

Also, propaganda or not, Lt. Greenhill and Yang, I ship it. Even Bucock ship it.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 6, 2017 6:54 PM

Apr 2016
The inquiry at its closure was hillarious, just as Yang was to have a "dramatic" resignation as we wanted, the politcian got a distress call and decided to put Yang on the frontline again. The guy accepted but he fights for his friend not for them lazy, corrupted bastards sitting there and do what they want. It seems Yang will never get to be a historian as he wanted, fate loves toying with people.
Feb 14, 2017 1:01 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
interesting converstion around the dinner, when the mustache man explain the Yang is the same to Goldenbaum, and is possible takes the way of Goldenbaum!!!! Yes, Goldenbaum is the dictator the established 500 years ago the Empire!!!

Is this dinner conversation a prelude of a future situation?

Another great episode!!!!
Jun 14, 2017 11:25 PM
Jun 2015
i really love yang
Apr 26, 2018 9:44 AM
Sep 2016
Wow. Where do you start with the awesomeness in this episode? Greenhill letting her love (platonic? romantic? we’ll see) for Yang show at last. Yang tearing the committee of politicians apart in debate, supposedly their strong suit, to the point where a government minister _kow-tows_ to him, a gesture of respect normally reserved for elders and rulers. The rump Iserlohn fleet deciding to bluff the Imperials. And the promise of a duel between Death Stars.

I don’t remember handing out a 10/10 to any work of art in any medium before. There’s a first time for everything. Mindblowingly good, absolute perfection, and they had time for opening and closing titles. Damn.
Sep 19, 2018 10:38 PM

Feb 2017
Yang is now ticking off his political superiors just like Reinhard did on his side in season 1. The blond brat and the impudent greenhorn.
Nov 1, 2019 11:38 PM

Oct 2012
Free Planets Alliance, should have abbreviated FAP because they sucks :P
I kinda wish Yang handed his resignation, but then again we can't see his gloriousness :(

FPA is scary and I know they're real, they might be exist in one of countries around the world right now
All that I can think is China, they've become like FPA
The China's leaders silence and censor everything bad about them

RIP Iserlohn in advance
Rayl1ghtNov 2, 2019 12:07 AM
"Signature removed"
Dec 26, 2019 11:38 AM

Nov 2016
Given the situation, I hope Merkatz gets a chance to shine.

And Frederica is waifu <3

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 19, 2021 10:04 PM

Jul 2016
RafaelDeJongh said:
Another rather boring yet informative episode, I do wonder what's next!

This episode made me think the alliance is basically the Morrison Government.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.