Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 3, 2010 1:56 AM

Aug 2010
And here I was hoping they would have sex and just get over with her arc in one episode. Oh well...
Nov 3, 2010 3:58 AM

Oct 2008
Loved the bath tub scene though I wanted more H-stuff...
Nov 3, 2010 4:07 AM

Sep 2010
WTF..... is this shit totally turned into a hentai....
and also i felt like its a lame ripoff from Kanon......

Akira = Ayu
Story involves a tree.... which is no longer exist in present... :P
Nov 3, 2010 4:12 AM

Sep 2009
Mony-Chan said:
Meh, somehow I wished Haruka was a better male lead.
Agreed. He is as mundane as Junichi >.>

Sora's character is drifting a bit. She seems less annoyed & mean. Basically she is like anesthetized Sora now.
Thought omnibus format would seem interesting but not liking it at all. Wanted a normal romance show with hard drama in a serene atmosphere but.......T__T
Though the BGM is superb for sure.
Liked Kazuha better.
Skipped through the special at the end. It kills like 3 mins of the show and then there is the OP&ED.
ValentilnNov 3, 2010 4:15 AM
Nov 3, 2010 4:14 AM
Sep 2007
check said:
The whole scene where he was trying to find the pendant was so idiotic, digging at random places to find something that was lost years ago. I could not stop laughing, it was so lame.

Ero scenes were nice tho, lawl. Also Sora is always nice to look at.

My thoughts exactly. Is he just showing off for the girl or does he genuinely believe he can find it? Either way he looked like an idiot.
Nov 3, 2010 4:37 AM

Oct 2010
twonline said:

No not hentai yet but borderline like Aki-Sora yes. Rip-off of Kanon? More like Clannad since the OP is done by the same as the one from Clannad.
twonline said:
Akira = Ayu
That's interesting can you elaborate more on this I am interested in this view.
Linalee-Stratos said:
Mony-Chan said:
No not at all he is a Makoto with a reset switch and time travel abilities combined.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 3, 2010 4:44 AM

Oct 2010
Linalee-Stratos said:
Mony-Chan said:

Which Junichi? Nagase, Asakura or Tachibana?
Nov 3, 2010 5:33 AM

Jun 2009
Lefake said:
Linalee-Stratos said:

It's Tachibana or so I think.

Though they are both your so typical male lead, unlike Haru, Tachibana pussies out when it comes to getting laid. At least, Haru knows what he wants and goes for it, however in an idiotic fashion. With that, I dare say he is slightly better.
Nov 3, 2010 6:05 AM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
twonline said:

No not hentai yet but borderline like Aki-Sora yes. Rip-off of Kanon? More like Clannad since the OP is done by the same as the one from Clannad.
twonline said:
Akira = Ayu

No.. I refereed it to Kanon not based on the the OP... but due to plot points in this episode...
In Kanon,
Yuichi forgot about their meeting in the past with Ayu (just like Haru forgot about Akira)
In past Yuichi and Ayu plays around a tree.... and Ayu likes climbing trees (same thing here...)
Ayu said she lost something in the past (just like Akira)
In present tree was cut down (in yosuga it was due to land slide)
Thats why I felt like it is a ripoff of Kanon.... :D
Nov 3, 2010 6:33 AM

Nov 2008
Kuro4735 said:

The Akira x Haru relationship came out of practically thin air, which says a lot about how fast the story is going.

Its what happens when you take a great VN that has an indepth story and than try to force as many routes as possible while changing details into a pathetically small amount of episodes (12)
Nov 3, 2010 6:42 AM

Oct 2010
twonline said:
Yumekichi11 said:
twonline said:

twonline said:
Akira = Ayu

No.. I refereed it to Kanon not based on the the OP... but due to plot points in this episode...
In Kanon,
Yuichi forgot about their meeting in the past with Ayu (just like Haru forgot about Akira)
In past Yuichi and Ayu plays around a tree.... and Ayu likes climbing trees (same thing here...)
I agree with you and see your point. Thanks for sharing it and I am sure people will agree too. Seems like the rumors of running out of original ideas in anime are becoming more of a reality.

Nov 3, 2010 7:31 AM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
twonline said:
Yumekichi11 said:
twonline said:

twonline said:
Akira = Ayu

In Kanon,
I agree with you and see your point. Thanks for sharing it and I am sure people will agree too. Seems like the rumors of running out of original ideas in anime are becoming more of a reality.

yeah! most recent anime are out of original ideas... but there are some good ones like kaminomi and oreimo.... :)
Nov 3, 2010 8:06 AM

Jul 2009
I heard about original ideas and then I saw oreimo...

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Nov 3, 2010 8:24 AM

Sep 2010
BitchMaster said:
I heard about original ideas and then I saw oreimo...

oreimo might not work for many anime fans... but it's really an original idea.... (using brotherXsister relationship and same time not being incest)
Nov 3, 2010 8:35 AM

Nov 2009
twonline said:
Yumekichi11 said:
twonline said:
Yumekichi11 said:
twonline said:

twonline said:
Akira = Ayu

In Kanon,

yeah! most recent anime are out of original ideas... but there are some good ones like kaminomi and oreimo.... :)

1) What original ideas are you talking about? Please elaborate on it If you are complaining that the story is cliché, then what makes you think that this anime is so? It is your loaded term that you need to clarify. For this case, I would assume original ideas is the idea that is synthesized from old ideas.
1.1) Most, if not all best visual novel sellers have original ideas and a compelling story to tell, or else how can it be marketed to the Japanese public? Good HCG? Not the case for this one through. Assuming that the anime adapts the visual novel setting and is done exactly the way that the story is presented to us in the visual novel, then most likely you should find the story quite compelling and "original".
1.2) I guess the problem with this anime with the majority, is that it is too rushed, as a few forumers have pointed out. A VN story is generally deep and requires at least 24 episodes or more. True, details can be omitted, and they should (That what makes Clannad too draggy), but not till the extent that the general idea is lost.
2)You can't just compare scene by scene like what you did. You are just looking too much into detail without looking into the context of the story. The essence of Ayu Kanon story, which is about memories, is different from this essence of the Akira story, in which could be seen as family issues. As far as i am concerned, Kanon is Kanon. Its story is compelling, and I like the Nayuki's route. I will admit that i have not played yosuga no sora, but from the routes which i have searched online, none of the girls' routes blatantly lift parts of the story from kanon.
2.1) Heck, even if you want to assert that Yosuga no Sora follows Kanon in that way of yours, then what about Clannad? It copies the essence and idea from Family Project.
3) Twonline, what you should be lamenting is that there is not a lot of anime out there with a intelligent and compelling plot for us to follow. Your example, Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai and Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai at least have a context and agenda to address to us, the audience. It is unfair to the rest of the anime by saying that they have no original ideas. Heck, even a new way of doing pantyshot can be considered "original". K-on, a slice of life anime can also be "original" as well.
What viewers, or at least those in my community, really want is a show with an intelligent plot and with minimum amount of lame stuff such as "fan-service".
I believe this anime is guilty of that -.-'

Just in case, as I am afraid that you have misconceptions that I am trying to defend this anime, but the reason why i wrote this post is that I feel compelled to correct your paradigms in the statement of yours.

Lastly, a different case:
Any of you feel that the BGM for this episode did not sync with the animation itself? It do not have the same touch as the one presented in episode 3.
I hate myself. That is my philosophy.
Nov 3, 2010 9:12 AM

Sep 2010
nerdyguy said:
twonline said:
Yumekichi11 said:
twonline said:
Yumekichi11 said:
twonline said:

twonline said:
Akira = Ayu

In Kanon,

1) What original ideas are you talking about? Please elaborate on it If you are complaining that the story is cliché, then what makes you think that this anime is so? It is your loaded term that you need to clarify. For this case, I would assume original ideas is the idea that is synthesized from old ideas.
1.1) Most, if not all best visual novel sellers have original ideas and a compelling story to tell, or else how can it be marketed to the Japanese public? Good HCG? Not the case for this one through. Assuming that the anime adapts the visual novel setting and is done exactly the way that the story is presented to us in the visual novel, then most likely you should find the story quite compelling and "original".
1.2) I guess the problem with this anime with the majority, is that it is too rushed, as a few forumers have pointed out. A VN story is generally deep and requires at least 24 episodes or more. True, details can be omitted, and they should (That what makes Clannad too draggy), but not till the extent that the general idea is lost.
2)You can't just compare scene by scene like what you did. You are just looking too much into detail without looking into the context of the story. The essence of Ayu Kanon story, which is about memories, is different from this essence of the Akira story, in which could be seen as family issues. As far as i am concerned, Kanon is Kanon. Its story is compelling, and I like the Nayuki's route. I will admit that i have not played yosuga no sora, but from the routes which i have searched online, none of the girls' routes blatantly lift parts of the story from kanon.
2.1) Heck, even if you want to assert that Yosuga no Sora follows Kanon in that way of yours, then what about Clannad? It copies the essence and idea from Family Project.
3) Twonline, what you should be lamenting is that there is not a lot of anime out there with a intelligent and compelling plot for us to follow. Your example, Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai and Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai at least have a context and agenda to address to us, the audience. It is unfair to the rest of the anime by saying that they have no original ideas. Heck, even a new way of doing pantyshot can be considered "original". K-on, a slice of life anime can also be "original" as well.
What viewers, or at least those in my community, really want is a show with an intelligent plot and with minimum amount of lame stuff such as "fan-service".
I believe this anime is guilty of that -.-'

Just in case, as I am afraid that you have misconceptions that I am trying to defend this anime, but the reason why i wrote this post is that I feel compelled to correct your paradigms in the statement of yours.

Lastly, a different case:
Any of you feel that the BGM for this episode did not sync with the animation itself? It do not have the same touch as the one presented in episode 3.

Sorry!!! I didn't mean to bash on any Anime....
I just felt like the scenes in this episode resembles some another anime's scenes....
The concept of Original idea might be differentiate from a person to person.... For me if you are can't guess what will happen next... on an Anime or when it surprises you with something I call it an original anime...
:D
btw I haven't heard about Family Project... so I can't comment on it... :P
Nov 3, 2010 9:37 AM

Sep 2009
-Quasar said:
Lefake said:
Linalee-Stratos said:

It's Tachibana or so I think.
There there you have answered for me.
Nov 3, 2010 12:03 PM

Aug 2009
Oh wow, did they seriously have sex?
That's just... so unbelievable.
Enjoyable episode nonetheless. At least the drama doesn't feel forced and awkward like OreImo.
Nov 3, 2010 12:22 PM
Sep 2010
I don't think oreimo has drama in it,.... anyway, bathsex? I don't think something would stop him right there (i wouldn't b able to stop if i were there!)

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
raiburari |

Nov 3, 2010 12:32 PM

Aug 2008
Glad the spotlight's on Akira now. I always prefer her over Kazuha.
Nov 3, 2010 12:36 PM

Aug 2010
People seem to be assuming just because Haruka has sex with the girls that he is Makoto. Not really since the story resets, if it were to continue he might stay with one girl or they would actually break-up before he has sex with multiple girls.
Nov 3, 2010 1:40 PM

Sep 2008
Kanon Tree> Yosuga Tree
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2010 3:34 PM

Jul 2009
Kico7 said:
I don't think oreimo has drama in it,....

Because you haven't watched the latest ep or you just have a notion regarding 'dorama' different than the norm?

prismheart said:
People seem to be assuming just because Haruka has sex with the girls that he is Makoto.

Well... They're the same folks who think that it's outrageous for Haru to kiss rich girl and condemn him as a 'manwhore' just because he kissed the girl he likes and their feelings are mutual. I assume it's just another of their attempt to be unfunny by overdramatizing things. I mean, young couples nowadays even have sex with each other on their first date as long as they like each other so why all the fuss? That, or they're all f**ked up in the head by School Days and if so, they have my condolences.

HawthorneKitty said:
Kanon Tree> Yosuga Tree

Nov 3, 2010 3:47 PM

Oct 2010
prismheart said:
People seem to be assuming just because Haruka has sex with the girls that he is Makoto. Not really since the story resets, if it were to continue he might stay with one girl or they would actually break-up before he has sex with multiple girls.
That's why I said he is a Makoto with time travel/reset switch abilities. Take that away and he is just another plain Makoto.
Yumekichi11Nov 3, 2010 4:02 PM

Nov 3, 2010 6:36 PM
Jan 2010
Haru works pretty quickly although with only 2 episodes for a arc the development would have to be fast.
Nov 3, 2010 8:17 PM

Oct 2010
BitchMaster said:
prismheart said:
People seem to be assuming just because Haruka has sex with the girls that he is Makoto.

Well... They're the same folks who think that it's outrageous for Haru to kiss rich girl and condemn him as a 'manwhore' just because he kissed the girl he likes and their feelings are mutual.
Well no not really in my case. Let's see he manwhores a rich girl, next he does the same with a Miko, then the next will be the childhood friend and the best will be saved as his blood sister.

Now think of Makoto but with time travel or reset switch. Now get my point of not having that, then you have a Makoto who is not different than Haru is. Seriously the only good thing about Makoto is that he never got to do it at a young age and that's too bad for him. That's how I think.

Nov 3, 2010 8:21 PM

Jun 2010
yun90 said:
Another lame episode. They could seriously do it without all of the ecchi scenes.

This.
I'll watch the next episode, but I think I'm gonna drop this thing.
Nov 3, 2010 8:50 PM

Jul 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Well no not really in my case. Let's see he manwhores a rich girl, next he does the same with a Miko, then the next will be the childhood friend and the best will be saved as his blood sister.

Now think of Makoto but with time travel or reset switch. Now get my point of not having that, then you have a Makoto who is not different than Haru is. Seriously the only good thing about Makoto is that he never got to do it at a young age and that's too bad for him. That's how I think.

But the thing is that they're alternative universes, unlike Makoto who manwhores in a single & linear universe. See the difference?

Of course it's a weasel way for producers to avoid making Haru look like a manwhore and like it or hate it, that works by def because A Haru in A universe only likes ONE specific A girl and B Haru in B universe only likes ONE specific B girl. That doesn't count as infidelity now, is it? If Makoto pimped girls in separate arcs and sticked with only ONE in each arc, he also wouldn't be considered as 'manwhore' by def.

Unless we see Haru pimping 2 girls in one arc; otherwise, he's still innocent and the rotten 'Makoto' is the show's staff for opting this lame omnibus format.

Nov 3, 2010 9:02 PM

Oct 2010
BitchMaster said:
Yumekichi11 said:

But the thing is that they're alternative universes, unlike Makoto who manwhores in a single & linear universe. See the difference?
That's the thing. Does not that make you angry? Frustrated?
BitchMaster said:
Of course it's a weasel way for producers to avoid making Haru look like a manwhore and like it or hate it, that works by def because A Haru in A universe only likes ONE specific A girl and B Haru in B universe only likes ONE specific B girl. That doesn't count as infidelity now, is it? If Makoto pimped girls in separate arcs and sticked with only ONE in each arc, he also wouldn't be considered as 'manwhore' by def.

Sadly the reality of the weasel way of those pimping producers. They punked us like that exactly.
BitchMaster said:
Unless we see Haru pimping 2 girls in one arc; otherwise, he's still innocent and the rotten 'Makoto' is the show's staff for opting this lame omnibus format.
Yeah here's to Nao and Sora somehow. Doubt it though. For me Haruka will still be the time traveler Neo-Makoto think of it that way pretty much. I also blame Nao for making him into whore man. That you can't deny because it all happens in the past where the resets don't go that far. So he is still a man whore! Because he screwed a young childhood friend. If they did it and it is proven in Nao's arc.

We shall have a feast indeed to that! Is all I am saying.

Nov 4, 2010 1:06 AM

Feb 2010
Maugomale said:
Fifteen bloody minutes in and it's already turned into something sexual. I blame the director (Aki-Sora be damned).

I don't know what you're expecting from this show. Really, everyone who's thinking, "Man, I like this, but there's too much ecchi/nudity/whatever!" should just drop this and be done with it ^^

check said:
The whole scene where he was trying to find the pendant was so idiotic, digging at random places to find something that was lost years ago. I could not stop laughing, it was so lame.

Yeah, that was a pretty contrived setup for the bathtub scene.
Nov 4, 2010 2:11 AM

Sep 2010
Man, that was fast. I didn't quite expect it.
Ah, well, at least Sora was <3. :))
Nov 4, 2010 7:36 AM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
BitchMaster said:
prismheart said:

Well... They're the same folks who think that it's outrageous for Haru to kiss rich girl and condemn him as a 'manwhore' just because he kissed the girl he likes and their feelings are mutual.

What's this Makoto business....????
Nov 4, 2010 9:16 AM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
BitchMaster said:
That's the thing. Does not that make you angry? Frustrated?

Whhhhyyyy? why would you be angry and frustrated? He isn't double booking anyone, that's the purpose of arcs. *sigh* so I take it, you haven't played any Visual Novel?

Yumekichi11 said:
Yeah here's to Nao and Sora somehow. Doubt it though. For me Haruka will still be the time traveler Neo-Makoto think of it that way pretty much. I also blame Nao for making him into whore man. That you can't deny because it all happens in the past where the resets don't go that far. So he is still a man whore! Because he screwed a young childhood friend. If they did it and it is proven in Nao's arc.

lol@time traveler. smh

1. Manwhore what? Did we watch the same version of School Days? Makoto fucked girls to satisfy his sexual desires. Sure the idiot girls in SD are the first one that came to him but he even go as far as calling girls to have sex with him "disregarding" their feelings. Did Haru did any of that? no sir, Haru actually helps the girls problems in every arc and he only have sex with them with the thing you call "love" where as a non-existent in Makoto's vocabulary.

2. He isn't a manwhore man, that's the purpose of having arcs and please spare me the time machine or reset switch.

3. How can be so sure that he wanted to screw his childhood friend? have you played the visual novel? what "if" Nao took advantage of him and "maybe" Haruka didn't know what Nao is doing to him back then? does that still count as manwhoring?
Nov 4, 2010 12:58 PM

Oct 2009
So, it really was a reset this time
Nov 4, 2010 9:10 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Dude thinks it's okay to do the older sister after doing the younger sister.

Nov 4, 2010 10:34 PM

Oct 2010
K0S-M0S said:
Dude thinks it's okay to do the older sister after doing the younger sister.
Hey, she the one that wanted it and she's the one who went into the bath despite Haru being there.

Nov 4, 2010 11:23 PM
May 2010
Must... persevere.... tWINcest is coming.... soon.

/dies from shitty melodrama
Nov 5, 2010 2:30 PM

Aug 2008
Uh... OK. Well, I like this better than Amagami, because the characters here actually have a story, although admittedly, everything is rushed. Some of the NSFW stuff are way too graphic.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 6, 2010 9:21 AM

Jul 2010
Yosuga no Sora -> Genres: Drama, Ecchi, Romance, Harem

At this rate, the end will be not bad Hentai...

Nov 6, 2010 2:40 PM
Oct 2009
No way he waited more to make it with her sister than hers!!!
I have the same point of view of Yumekichi11 I love Nao! Childhood friends are a plus!
Nov 6, 2010 5:53 PM

Nov 2007
Well that was pretty fast. I guess this arc will be over next ep?
Nov 6, 2010 8:14 PM

Feb 2008
what a crap,
there is no sense at all, no real story line. If it has to be a hentai, just do a fking hentai!
Nov 7, 2010 3:55 AM

Feb 2010
First episode was fkn awesome...how did it end up like this?? I only keep watching this for the TWINCEST arc.
Nov 7, 2010 7:43 AM

Jun 2010
Duma said:
what a crap,
there is no sense at all, no real story line. If it has to be a hentai, just do a fking hentai!

Yes. And that girl is shameless too.
The first two episodes were quite interesting. But now ...
Nov 7, 2010 5:16 PM

Jul 2008
Rhypo-oniichan said:
First episode was fkn awesome...how did it end up like this?? I only keep watching this for the TWINCEST arc.

Yeah but that will probably be last...I hope this ends up being only 13 episodes.
Nov 8, 2010 3:39 AM

Aug 2008
Some hot steamy gush~gushy in the bathtub! I don't know if I like this arc yet, but I'm certainly interested in it if it means llearning about her relationship with her mother.
Nov 8, 2010 10:07 PM
Feb 2009
wow that's intense lol
Nov 11, 2010 8:42 PM

Mar 2010
Aah, aah. And just when I thought I might be seeing some redemption to the show. They blew it, again. If I wanted to watch soft hentai, I would. I'll just bare through the rest because I've already started. (-.-) FrEeDoM, give me strength! Not looking forward to the most likely radical, dull, boring episode! :(
Nov 18, 2010 1:48 AM

Jan 2009
What is this I don't even
Kind of bold imo. Sure, if it's done in the end of an arc or something to show how close they've gotten or something, but going this far right off the bat?

Well, at least there's Sora.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 18, 2010 8:00 PM

Jun 2007
quick episode. good backstory, and good turn of events. haruka being nice and... well sexual...these episodes are too short.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nozomu - Oct 18, 2010

287 by DemhatTks16 »»
Apr 11, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 6, 2010

187 by Obscurantist »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM

» How can I add hanime in the app (Android)

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 26

12 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 28, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dunkmaru - Dec 20, 2010

513 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Nov 22, 2010

230 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.