MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Korean drama vs Japanese drama
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Music & Entertainment »» Korean drama vs Japanese drama

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Korean drama vs Japanese drama
Korean Dramas !!

188 51.51%
Japanese Dramas !!

177 48.49%
Voters: 365

12-23-11, 4:24 PM

Stopped watching Jdrama after discovering Kdrama

12-27-11, 10:01 PM

Korean. The stiffness in Japanese dramas drives me crazy. >_>

12-29-11, 5:14 PM

I like both, but my first drama was korean, and I just always end up watching more korean than jap.

01-01-12, 9:20 AM

Vinefeather said:

True

01-15-12, 10:39 AM

Dorama seems goes with a more realistic story while Korama can be too much melancholy. Both are good depend on the situation and mood. But I admit that one of korama plus point is there are so much bisshies actor/actress in korea than in Japan. We all know that Korean actor/actress goes well with plastic surgery... For me everything is good alas the drama itself suits my criterias...
If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change and nothing would end. (Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Phase 34: Seen & Unseen)

01-15-12, 5:31 PM

imo i think korean dramas are better bc they are more entertaining and they usually catch your eye to watch the other episodes after the pilot ;;

but my opinion isn't that valid since i barely watch japanese dramas(=`〜´=)

01-28-12, 8:21 AM

not a fan of korean drama because they sound so foreign to me.

01-29-12, 3:21 PM

The differences between them from what I've observed:

K-Drama - aesthetics, aesthetics, aesthetics. All those actors better look damn good or no one will watch the drama, well, in the case of k-industry. Take for example the differences between Hana Yori Dango and Boys Over Flowers. Chemistry between actors in HYD is a lot better than in BOF, BUT, overall, the guys in BOF are much more pleasing to the eyes. Settings and atmosphere are more planned out, down to their outfits which are also extremely glamorous. There's gotta be snow falling, beautiful houses with fireplaces, the works. You gotta give the Koreans credit at how hard they work to make everything extravagant and gorgeous.

However . . .

Storyline wise, yes, the comedic ones are pretty hilarious, and some actors do click, whereas some do not. If you take a step back from the razzle dazzle, you find that Korean dramas tend to lack...characterization? There's a set main couple in the beginning, and then your usual villains/rivals that'll do anything possible to break them apart, yadayada. Never really felt the soul in them, ya know? Perhaps the writing is lacking after all the planning, but I never saw a real good reason why the characters in K-drama fell in love the way they did. Winter Sonata was probably the most unbelievable, in my honest opinion.

Japanese dramas seem less budgeted, and aesthetics tend to not take the forefront, (excluding live actions.) Sometimes it's a bit awkward, but when there's a really good drama with a good cast of characters, the acting really shines through.

01-29-12, 3:27 PM

comparing K-drama to J-drama like comparing BIEBER to THE BEATLES or TWILIGHT to HARRY POTTER

K-drama just satisfying your lust of good looking boys with plastic surgery over good story.
J-drama no need that kind of formula because they want the audience noticed the story that they made.
that's why most of K-drama just disgusting love story with bunch of plastic artist that definitely attract more ppls to watch.

03-08-12, 2:54 AM

I like Japanese dramas better, but Korean dramas are great too :)

03-08-12, 6:05 AM

Vinefeather said:

what
my 11 main things i rate on

1 Impact on Impact on industry both the anime and Original Manga had
2 TV Ratings in Japan [ Gross for movies Unit sales for OVAs 3 Manga Ka of the Sourcework
4 how loyal the anime stayed to its source how well the compare to other big name in its genre
5 Seiyuu casting [ how many i know by voice i use the royal I here ]
6 Impact on General Pop Culture in Japan and the West 7 Impact on Otaku Culture in Japan and the West
8 Music[ Instrumentation]
9 merchandise sales
10 art style 11 Studio who produced the anime[ and what thay have done for the industry]

03-08-12, 7:57 AM

honeycherish said:
I like Japanese dramas better, but Korean dramas are great too :)

Agree.

た だ い ま
お か え り

03-17-12, 2:37 PM

Korean dramas ftw c:

03-21-12, 2:13 PM

I keep trying to see some Korean drama but I find them really annoying so Jap for me.

03-24-12, 3:05 AM

Japanese Dramas.
K-dramas are so... bloody... long.
I can't finish them.

03-29-12, 1:22 PM

Japanese dramas all the way. Korean dramas seem to use the same formula over and over (girl pretends to be a guy/girl and guy hate each other). They're also a lot longer and tend to drag everything out.

04-01-12, 10:03 AM

i like korean dramas better.
"when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "fuck you" right under your nose." - j.d. salinger

04-13-12, 3:45 PM

I've got to say I'm more of an K-drama girl since their dramas are much more creative, interesting and cute. Plus the actors and actress's are good at playing their individual roles and almost all of k-dramas have really good comedy involved. And maybe the reason why I prefer k-drama to j-drama is that the men are waaayyy hotter and good-looking same goes for the women they always look so flawless and glamorous PLUS I love their sense of style they always look so cool, cute and quirky :D With j-drama its more on always looking cute and kawaii and at times quite unrealistic :/

04-21-12, 9:26 AM

I like both but I have more problem to finish a korean drama than a japanese. It's just too long, there are too much episodes. And sometimes (when for example an episode lasts one hour) it becomes soooo boring !
Oh and maybe I prefer Japanese drama because the first drama I saw, was japanese.
The language is also a little problem. Usually, I don't care but I don't like to listen Korean too much. BUT I must admit that actors in K-Drama are better. The characters are more realistic.

04-23-12, 12:51 PM

koreans take the spot if it is a boysxgirls love themed drama as its story is rather shallow.... or lighthearted if you say nicely . Of course good looking actors&actresses play major role on its success. It's love story , ppl dont need complicated stuffs for it.

Japan take a larger spot on family themed or sad story of someone/something. Series like 1 litres of tear just take the cake.

I'd choose Japan of coz , the amount of corny'ness of korean love story kills me inside.

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices