Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 2, 2010 4:10 PM

Sep 2009
..............now ...for the next ep ... >.>
Nov 2, 2010 8:16 PM

Nov 2007
midgemage said:
can we get a source on that please? I went back to check his first barrage, and I count exactly five shots, not including the stray round that sliced the Geara Zulu in half (because you can assume that it's a delayed showing of an earlier shot, which only just made it to their position). I'm fairly certain that the five-shot cartridge is correct, and this is even reflected in the Unicorn's debut into the Gundam vs Gundam series of games; he has five shots per reloaded round. Even the models have five-round cartridges.

Assuming you watched the RAW out there,

00:29:01 First shot
00:29:13 Second Shot
00:29:14 Third Shot
00:29:18 Stray Shot (According to you)
00:29:22 Fourth Shot (Fifth)
00:29:24 Fifth Shot (Sixth)

00:29:53 Reloaded.

00:29:58 First Shot
00:30:00 Second Shot
00:30:01 Third Shot
00:30:21 Fourth Shot
00:30:23 Fifth Shot
00:30:24 Sixth Shot

No Stray shot! and It doesn't matter how powerful they are if they can't hit Full-Frontal. ;)

00:30:53 Reloaded

00:30:55 First Shot
00:30:59 Second Shot
00:31:01 Third Shot
00:31:08 Fourth Shot
00:31:10 A shell pops out and RX-0 Beam Magnum still has two rounds available for disposal.

I hope this helps.

As for the model:

As for the game, I cannot confirm, since I never played it. Now dont ask for screen shots, because that will be way too much work. :P
Well again, I could be wrong, since I never played the game.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 3, 2010 2:23 AM

Apr 2009
Baman said:
Those flashbacks shots showing the kid getting some sort of training at least makes his piloting ability a little more believable than usual.
But I still have to facepalm about the boring old clichés here and there. And godammit, they still haven't figured out a way to put some security lock on those catapults?
actually, if you were paying attention, it was obvious that the guy from Anaheim gave Banagher the green light.. whether there really isn't a security lock on the catapult, however, that i don't know.. and the cliches are probably intentional..

as for the game, it indeed has 5 shots maximum.. but counting the fact that Turn A's Moonlight Butterfly does not instantly kill everyone, Strike Freedom being the weakest most nerfed 3000GP MS and all types of funnels can be used even in the Earth's surface, can we really count on that?

btw, i love this ep.. while there is only one major action sequence, it was too much for me and i had to take a break to realign my thoughts for the upcoming conversations.. and these conversations are well-written.. there is something significant in everything that they say if you are very particular with UC era.. (yes, even the way Banagher blurts out corny emo things because he is a growing Newtype)..
argiliumNov 3, 2010 2:32 AM
Nov 3, 2010 5:52 AM

Jul 2007
Finally I get a chance to reply on my feelings of this episode.

Well, I loved it - pretty much. It was so worth the wait, and just reminds me why I love original Gundam so much <3 The animation is amazing, just, gosh the quality! And Char!! Finally he appears!! I - have so many theories about whats going on with him now. Already seeing other characters I'm growing to like too from this epi.

Okay, I give in. I'll be buying the blu rays now. And waiting patiently till march.

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Nov 3, 2010 12:01 PM

Dec 2008
I didn't like Marida at first, but I'm growing to like her because of this ep.
I HATE Audrey!!
I love Banagher!!
Too bad I have to wait until March to see OVA 3...
Nov 3, 2010 2:37 PM

Jan 2010
shanimebib said:
As for the model:

Oh, you're right, he does have a very obvious set of six shots in those later barrages.

I went and looked up the model images again, and I found the one that showed a 5-shell cartridge:

Of course, I only realised today that this is a shot of the HGUC model, and the one you've posted is likely more accurate (It's the MG, right?).

As for the game, I can confirm for sure that it is 5 shots, since I played it, but as arg points out I probably shouldn't put that much faith into it.
Nov 3, 2010 3:54 PM

Nov 2007
midgemage said:

Oh, you're right, he does have a very obvious set of six shots in those later barrages.
Of course, I only realised today that this is a shot of the HGUC model, and the one you've posted is likely more accurate (It's the MG, right?).

As for the game, I can confirm for sure that it is 5 shots, since I played it, but as arg points out I probably shouldn't put that much faith into it.

So they did have five shots in the game. Thanks for the confirmation. But anyways, like i said before, nothing can take away from the fact that this is a masterpiece. And just into 1/3rd of the show, I can already say this will be the best Gundam franchise ever! I am planning to rewatch the U.C. series (0079 and Zeta in particular with Japanese Audio). I watched them in English. So its about time I do my entertainment justice. (I will admit, I enjoy Japanese Audio 10 times, if not more than that compared to the English ones :P, well that is only my preference.)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 3, 2010 4:28 PM

Aug 2009
VillettaIchihara said:
I didn't like Marida at first, but I'm growing to like her because of this ep.
I HATE Audrey!!
I love Banagher!!
Too bad I have to wait until March to see OVA 3...

Really? I think Audrey is definitely a good character.
Nov 3, 2010 4:55 PM

Sep 2008
midgemage said:
shanimebib said:
As for the model:

I went and looked up the model images again, and I found the one that showed a 5-shell cartridge:

I actually own the Master Grade Unicorn Ver Ka and a Standard E -pack has 5 shots, but here's the kicker, the e packs are stackable. so you can put a 6th, 7th or as many as you like. So they could have just popped on an extra e pack before he want out.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 3, 2010 6:10 PM

Jun 2008
I re-watched those two episodes and now I really want March to get here! In the meanwhile, I'll probably re-watch V Gundam and F91.
Nov 4, 2010 6:55 AM

Mar 2010
Good ep another long wait. Has a Gundam Seed fell to it though
Nov 4, 2010 7:42 AM

Feb 2008
can we have a protagonist who is not overly naive and totally idiotic? so far it all seems to be politics, so we wont see prolonged action for a while...
Nov 4, 2010 1:36 PM

Jan 2010
kisami said:
can we have a protagonist who is not overly naive and totally idiotic? so far it all seems to be politics, so we wont see prolonged action for a while...

'A while' is just going to be the wait until March. I'd have thought that the lead-up to an all-out assault on Palau was pretty obvious, with that sort of cliffhanging ending.

Also... you can't have a Newtype without the NEWbness. :D
Jigero said:

I actually own the Master Grade Unicorn Ver Ka and a Standard E -pack has 5 shots, but here's the kicker, the e packs are stackable. so you can put a 6th, 7th or as many as you like. So they could have just popped on an extra e pack before he want out.

Heh, that's pretty confusing. Imagine Banagher playing around with the E-pac reload machanism. Something like "Oh, crap, I'm out of shots... NOT!" *Pewpewpew*

Also... You have an MG Unicorn? Do want. D:
Nov 4, 2010 2:47 PM

Aug 2009
midgemage said:

Heh, that's pretty confusing. Imagine Banagher playing around with the E-pac reload machanism. Something like "Oh, crap, I'm out of shots... NOT!" *Pewpewpew*

Lol, that should happen.
Nov 4, 2010 9:18 PM

Jul 2009
midgemage said:

Also... you can't have a Newtype without the NEWbness. :D
Quoted for truth! :D

VillettaIchihara said:

I HATE Audrey!!
You shouldn't if you learn her back-story. Knowing how much shit she going through her life (Her father dead,Zabi family annihilation,being puppet for Haman) I somewhat pity with her. If Dozle is still alive, he would be proud how much his daughter has grown up.
Kagura89Nov 4, 2010 9:31 PM
Nov 5, 2010 10:00 PM

Oct 2007
interesting set up with a lot of politics going on. too bad was looking for a little more acton, but i suppose that will be with the episodes to come
Nov 10, 2010 10:07 AM

Jan 2009
its good nice action and dialogues about war and yep no war is fair
Nov 11, 2010 2:35 AM
Jun 2009
Best English voice acting.

Entire cast.

Ever.
Nov 11, 2010 2:22 PM

Oct 2007
Kagura89 said:
VillettaIchihara said:

I HATE Audrey!!
You shouldn't if you learn her back-story. Knowing how much shit she going through her life (Her father dead,Zabi family annihilation,being puppet for Haman) I somewhat pity with her. If Dozle is still alive, he would be proud how much his daughter has grown up.
Haven't seen any of the prequel to this sereis but I think Audrey is the only one of the few female main characters in big gundam series that actually do something instead of just being there for the sake god knows.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 13, 2010 8:56 PM

Apr 2008
Good episode. Again like the first, not great but seeing Full Frontal finally in action made me happy. I know damn well it's not Char but the memories are there. The interplay and dialog between the characters has been really good and although not an action packed episode, it gives more background leading up to what's going to happen which is fine by me.

I really don't see this being the best Gundam, let alone the best UC Gundam but it has been quite enjoyable. Banahger hasn't been too angsty and it's moving at a nice rate. If Bright Noa was there on the Nahel Argama instead of Otto, this ordeal would have been finished in 3 minutes lol
Nov 15, 2010 8:28 PM

Feb 2010
I think I would have enjoyed this episode more if it didn't end on 15-20 minutes of talking. Maybe I just don't watch enough Gundam to appreciate what's going on, but it isn't really making me want to. Great fight scene, though.
Nov 21, 2010 6:47 PM

Apr 2008
Sinanju is sexy-awesome. And it's simple too. I love that nod to the 2nd episode of 0079: "Show me the power of the Gundam [Federation's new Mobile Suit]."

Love Frontal ;) Shuuichi Ikeda is charismatic. And Geez, while I like Banagher being a newbie pilot and getting captured, it hurts to see the Unicorn's rifle miss so darn much. And freakin' Amuro gave Char a little more of a scare in their first encounter.

Anyways, good contrast in skill!
Nov 23, 2010 2:17 AM

Jul 2009
Yerocha said:
I think I would have enjoyed this episode more if it didn't end on 15-20 minutes of talking. Maybe I just don't watch enough Gundam to appreciate what's going on, but it isn't really making me want to. Great fight scene, though.

Gundam likes its political sides, character building and interaction. These are probably bigger parts of (All) the actual series than the Mobile Suits and battles themselves. So yeah, expect more of this.

Amazing episode. Next one will be a big one.
Dec 20, 2010 10:46 AM

Feb 2010
oh my god I love this series.

Again probably as stated before, if you haven't watched a bulk of the UC timeline series, then you won't appreciate Unicorn as much as someone who has watched it all.
Dec 25, 2010 10:53 AM

Jul 2010
Well this episode was awesome.
Long wait for the next one :(
QKunaiDec 25, 2010 11:00 AM
Dec 28, 2010 1:51 AM

May 2008
It's official: I am head-over-heels in love with this series. That scene in episode 2 where Banagher and Full Frontal have their little tete-a-tete was so awesome. Banagher is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters from anything ever. I love him so effing much. ♥

Also yes, you need to be pretty familiar with Universal Century to really get Unicorn. And I found that Unicorn definitely merits a second or even third watch-- I enjoyed it even more the second time.
Jan 8, 2011 5:48 PM

Apr 2009
Baman said:
And godammit, they still haven't figured out a way to put some security lock on those catapults?

LOL. A weak security system in place from doors to locks, computers and hardwares is always a plot device in any story but I'm getting tired of 'them' escaping or getting their way inside a 'supposedly' secure military ship! :P

martin03345 said:
If Bright Noa was there on the Nahel Argama instead of Otto, this ordeal would have been finished in 3 minutes lol

I miss Bright Noa too, he's my favorite UC character. It was mentioned in the first episode he was a commander of a unit in Londenion, when is he ever gonna make an appearance?

Somebody give Banagher his dose of "corrections" aboard the ship. :D
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 26, 2011 5:39 PM

Apr 2008
tofei said:
Baman said:
And godammit, they still haven't figured out a way to put some security lock on those catapults?

LOL. A weak security system in place from doors to locks, computers and hardwares is always a plot device in any story but I'm getting tired of 'them' escaping or getting their way inside a 'supposedly' secure military ship! :P

martin03345 said:
If Bright Noa was there on the Nahel Argama instead of Otto, this ordeal would have been finished in 3 minutes lol

I miss Bright Noa too, he's my favorite UC character. It was mentioned in the first episode he was a commander of a unit in Londenion, when is he ever gonna make an appearance?

He never will. His seiyuu has been dead for quite some time so a cameo is more than likely not going to happen. Also being the commander over all of the Londo Bell task force probably leaves him little time for correcting the grunt pilots
Jan 26, 2011 8:50 PM

Apr 2009
martin03345 said:
tofei said:
It was mentioned in the first episode he was a commander of a unit in Londenion, when is he ever gonna make an appearance?

He never will. His seiyuu has been dead for quite some time so a cameo is more than likely not going to happen. Also being the commander over all of the Londo Bell task force probably leaves him little time for correcting the grunt pilots

Huh? I didn't read the novels of the Gundam Unicorn but...

When I was musing that "somebody" should give Banagher "his dose of "corrections" aboard the ship",well it doesn't have to be Bright Noa (who obviously is not presently on board the Nahel Argama on this episode), isn't it? :D
Jan 27, 2011 1:27 PM

Apr 2008
tofei said:
martin03345 said:
tofei said:
It was mentioned in the first episode he was a commander of a unit in Londenion, when is he ever gonna make an appearance?

Huh? I didn't read the novels of the Gundam Unicorn but...

When I was musing that "somebody" should give Banagher "his dose of "corrections" aboard the ship",well it doesn't have to be Bright Noa (who obviously is not presently on board the Nahel Argama on this episode), isn't it? :D

Trust me, I love Bright, love him to death, but he won't be making a cameo, gurantee it. Seiyuu being dead is a good enough excuse for him not to come back. Plus with the whole nostalgia of Char being here and his seiyuu there still, I doubt they'd try and get someone else, even if the role was small

And I was responding to your idea of him making a cameo, not making corrections;)
Jan 28, 2011 12:04 AM

Apr 2009
martin03345 said:
Trust me, I love Bright, love him to death, but he won't be making a cameo, gurantee it. Seiyuu being dead is a good enough excuse for him not to come back. Plus with the whole nostalgia of Char being here and his seiyuu there still, I doubt they'd try and get someone else, even if the role was small

And I was responding to your idea of him making a cameo, not making corrections;)

I'm not really counting on him making an appearance but words coming from one of the Gundam Unicorn OVA producers is kinda hard to ignore. I guess well just have to see in the future episodes if what they intend materialize then.

Oh sorry my bad then. :)
Mar 8, 2011 5:51 PM

Aug 2009
I really, REALLY hope FF is Char. I mean, they mentioned Char going missing so I feel that is leading to him reappearing. If he isn't FF, maybe he will reappear later somewhere. I hope so anyway!

This show continues to impress. I also like how the characters are sort of modern despite having echoes of old Gundam characters. You can see the influences of more modern animes in them a bit.
Mar 9, 2011 8:51 AM
Aug 2009
tizara said:
I really, REALLY hope FF is Char. I mean, they mentioned Char going missing so I feel that is leading to him reappearing. If he isn't FF, maybe he will reappear later somewhere. I hope so anyway!

This show continues to impress. I also like how the characters are sort of modern despite having echoes of old Gundam characters. You can see the influences of more modern animes in them a bit.
How was Char going to survive exploding in the atmosphere, along with his mobile suit's cockpit and a giant meteor? lol
Mar 9, 2011 5:29 PM

Aug 2009
Sentenal said:
tizara said:

How was Char going to survive exploding in the atmosphere, along with his mobile suit's cockpit and a giant meteor? lol

by the supreme power of his MASK, of course

not that he was even wearing one when that happened...ah well
Sep 10, 2011 1:29 PM
Sep 2011
Wasabi said:
Man Full Frontal totally ripped the Nahel Armada a new one by himself. Banagher is exhibiting typical Gundam naivete. I just hope he turns into a badass instead of becoming more emo.

He is already a badass, remember how he beat the 2 guys from Zeon side in ep 1?
He has a good heart but he understands the responsibility he has to bear and he can still say "Even so..." proves that he's not naive but he has a strong faith in the good...there's a thin line between "naiveness" and "faith"... I believe he's the second type
Sep 10, 2011 1:33 PM
Sep 2011
shiroihikari said:
It's official: I am head-over-heels in love with this series. That scene in episode 2 where Banagher and Full Frontal have their little tete-a-tete was so awesome. Banagher is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters from anything ever. I love him so effing much. ♥

Also yes, you need to be pretty familiar with Universal Century to really get Unicorn. And I found that Unicorn definitely merits a second or even third watch-- I enjoyed it even more the second time.

second time? I have watched all the 3 OVAs 10 times each at least...I can't get enough
This is UC done right.
The political and philosophy, the fighting, the character....everything I wish for has came true ^^
U.C timeline is already awesome, Unicorn makes nothing in the Gundam universe can surpass it ...
Sep 13, 2011 5:08 AM

Jul 2011
Everything makes a lot more sense now. I liked the motif of God/Light as the necessary tool for humanity to keep having hope; though I have no idea what Zeon is since I have no previous knowledge of the Gundam universe.
May 29, 2012 11:22 AM

Apr 2009
Acquiesc3
Are all UC Gundam this good? Seriously thinking about seeing them now.[/quote said:

No most of them are garbage, 0079 and Zeta in particular were horrible.

As for Unicorn its meh, not as amazing as everyone says. The action scenes are also pretty average even though people made it out to be the second coming of Advent Children or Sword of the Stranger. So fucking overrated.
Oct 8, 2012 2:34 PM

Jul 2009
This made me so nostalgic for Mobile Suit Gundam and Zeta Gundam. I didn't really question the difference between the 'good' and 'bad' guys AKA the Federation and Zeon when I first watched them but after watching this episode it made me wonder who was actually 'right'.
May 24, 2013 7:03 AM

Jan 2013
Micott is so hnnng, I mean look at that hair.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 29, 2013 12:45 PM

Nov 2011
It's unlikely that this Full Frontal (the name is still making me giggle immaturely) is Char Aznable, but I don't even care if it means Char gets more than Char's Counterattack. The factions and politics and heavy dialogue is very pleasing.<3
Jan 12, 2014 11:03 PM

Jun 2013
Banagher got himself into quite a situation... I wonder whose side he's going to end up on.
Feb 20, 2014 10:59 PM
Aug 2011
Needs 100% more sunglasses in order for that to be Char.
That voice though. Makes me feel things inside.
Mar 19, 2014 10:58 AM

Sep 2013
THIS WAS AWESOME 10/10 AND FAVORITE'D

I felt like watching a good movie. But a movie that will be 7 hours long. Pure win

I can't believe some people felt bored during the dialogues. I thought they were legitimately interesting and somewhat deep even
cupcMar 19, 2014 12:04 PM
Apr 28, 2014 10:40 AM

Sep 2011
oh hey this can act as my pay off for sitting through zz

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 17, 2014 6:42 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Great OVA, less fighting as in the first. Well, maybe less frenzy in the performance, but the part about the action was not bad, the story has focused on the substance, ie the dialogues ragonamenti and this is good. Great technical part, the mecha are a pleasure for the eyes, contexts as well.
Full Frontal is badass to the bone! : D
Animations and Effects great, great OST, ending much more beautiful than the first.
I can not wait to see me the next ...
May 18, 2014 9:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Excellent stuff. The animation and action are all top notch and the script is tight.The only thing that keeps it from being perfect is Angelo (your typical white haired psycho imbecile who cannot control his temper and needs to be in any Gundam series in the 21st century). Other than him, I like all the other characters and the political intrigue. And Ikeda-san's voice is pure butter for the ears a usual.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 19, 2014 7:34 AM

Jun 2013
Marzan said:
Excellent stuff. The animation and action are all top notch and the script is tight.The only thing that keeps it from being perfect is Angelo (your typical white haired psycho imbecile who cannot control his temper and needs to be in any Gundam series in the 21st century). Other than him, I like all the other characters and the political intrigue. And Ikeda-san's voice is pure butter for the ears a usual.

Angelo is easy to make fun of, but I quite like his character. I'm not sure I'd agree with calling him "psycho", though he does have an unhealthy obsession with his commander. I guess I'm psycho with my obsession with my pythons and boas lol.
May 19, 2014 8:29 PM

Aug 2013
ex_necross said:
Marzan said:

Angelo is easy to make fun of, but I quite like his character. I'm not sure I'd agree with calling him "psycho", though he does have an unhealthy obsession with his commander. I guess I'm psycho with my obsession with my pythons and boas lol.

Well the way I saw it Angelo was the Mashmyre to Full Frontal's Haman. Ironic that there was one scene at Palau I believe where Angelo was holding a rose.
May 19, 2014 11:54 PM

Jun 2013
Champloo_Remix said:
Ironic that there was one scene at Palau I believe where Angelo was holding a rose.

His whole custom mobile suit Rozen Zulu is a collection of roses, lol.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MikelAL93 - May 16, 2014

297 by DivineLion »»
Mar 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ranlos - Mar 6, 2011

86 by TheRestlessOne »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BladedWarrior - Nov 13, 2011

93 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 19, 2010

215 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 19, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stAtic91 - Mar 2, 2013

70 by Neemesis_2 »»
Sep 23, 2023 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.