MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 2 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn »» Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 2 Discussion

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 2 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

81 80.20%
4 out of 5: Liked it

17 16.83%
3 out of 5: It was OK

2 1.98%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.99%
Voters: 101

11-02-10, 4:10 PM

..............now ...for the next ep ... >.>

11-02-10, 8:16 PM

midgemage said:
can we get a source on that please? I went back to check his first barrage, and I count exactly five shots, not including the stray round that sliced the Geara Zulu in half (because you can assume that it's a delayed showing of an earlier shot, which only just made it to their position). I'm fairly certain that the five-shot cartridge is correct, and this is even reflected in the Unicorn's debut into the Gundam vs Gundam series of games; he has five shots per reloaded round. Even the models have five-round cartridges.

Assuming you watched the RAW out there,

00:29:01 First shot
00:29:13 Second Shot
00:29:14 Third Shot
00:29:18 Stray Shot (According to you)
00:29:22 Fourth Shot (Fifth)
00:29:24 Fifth Shot (Sixth)

00:29:53 Reloaded.

00:29:58 First Shot
00:30:00 Second Shot
00:30:01 Third Shot
00:30:21 Fourth Shot
00:30:23 Fifth Shot
00:30:24 Sixth Shot

No Stray shot! and It doesn't matter how powerful they are if they can't hit Full-Frontal. ;)

00:30:53 Reloaded

00:30:55 First Shot
00:30:59 Second Shot
00:31:01 Third Shot
00:31:08 Fourth Shot
00:31:10 A shell pops out and RX-0 Beam Magnum still has two rounds available for disposal.

I hope this helps.

As for the model:

As for the game, I cannot confirm, since I never played it. Now dont ask for screen shots, because that will be way too much work. :P
Well again, I could be wrong, since I never played the game.

11-03-10, 2:23 AM

Baman said:
Those flashbacks shots showing the kid getting some sort of training at least makes his piloting ability a little more believable than usual.
But I still have to facepalm about the boring old clichés here and there. And godammit, they still haven't figured out a way to put some security lock on those catapults?
actually, if you were paying attention, it was obvious that the guy from Anaheim gave Banagher the green light.. whether there really isn't a security lock on the catapult, however, that i don't know.. and the cliches are probably intentional..

as for the game, it indeed has 5 shots maximum.. but counting the fact that Turn A's Moonlight Butterfly does not instantly kill everyone, Strike Freedom being the weakest most nerfed 3000GP MS and all types of funnels can be used even in the Earth's surface, can we really count on that?

btw, i love this ep.. while there is only one major action sequence, it was too much for me and i had to take a break to realign my thoughts for the upcoming conversations.. and these conversations are well-written.. there is something significant in everything that they say if you are very particular with UC era.. (yes, even the way Banagher blurts out corny emo things because he is a growing Newtype)..
Modified by argilium, 11-03-10, 2:32 AM

11-03-10, 5:52 AM

Finally I get a chance to reply on my feelings of this episode.

Well, I loved it - pretty much. It was so worth the wait, and just reminds me why I love original Gundam so much <3 The animation is amazing, just, gosh the quality! And Char!! Finally he appears!! I - have so many theories about whats going on with him now. Already seeing other characters I'm growing to like too from this epi.

Okay, I give in. I'll be buying the blu rays now. And waiting patiently till march.

You told me to make you feel like your in heaven

11-03-10, 12:01 PM

I didn't like Marida at first, but I'm growing to like her because of this ep.
I HATE Audrey!!
I love Banagher!!
Too bad I have to wait until March to see OVA 3...
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DKfDBOz.gif[/IMG]

11-03-10, 2:37 PM

shanimebib said:
As for the model:

Oh, you're right, he does have a very obvious set of six shots in those later barrages.

I went and looked up the model images again, and I found the one that showed a 5-shell cartridge:

Of course, I only realised today that this is a shot of the HGUC model, and the one you've posted is likely more accurate (It's the MG, right?).

As for the game, I can confirm for sure that it is 5 shots, since I played it, but as arg points out I probably shouldn't put that much faith into it.

11-03-10, 3:54 PM

midgemage said:

Oh, you're right, he does have a very obvious set of six shots in those later barrages.
Of course, I only realised today that this is a shot of the HGUC model, and the one you've posted is likely more accurate (It's the MG, right?).

As for the game, I can confirm for sure that it is 5 shots, since I played it, but as arg points out I probably shouldn't put that much faith into it.

So they did have five shots in the game. Thanks for the confirmation. But anyways, like i said before, nothing can take away from the fact that this is a masterpiece. And just into 1/3rd of the show, I can already say this will be the best Gundam franchise ever! I am planning to rewatch the U.C. series (0079 and Zeta in particular with Japanese Audio). I watched them in English. So its about time I do my entertainment justice. (I will admit, I enjoy Japanese Audio 10 times, if not more than that compared to the English ones :P, well that is only my preference.)

11-03-10, 4:28 PM

VillettaIchihara said:
I didn't like Marida at first, but I'm growing to like her because of this ep.
I HATE Audrey!!
I love Banagher!!
Too bad I have to wait until March to see OVA 3...

Really? I think Audrey is definitely a good character.

11-03-10, 4:55 PM

midgemage said:
shanimebib said:
As for the model:

I went and looked up the model images again, and I found the one that showed a 5-shell cartridge:

I actually own the Master Grade Unicorn Ver Ka and a Standard E -pack has 5 shots, but here's the kicker, the e packs are stackable. so you can put a 6th, 7th or as many as you like. So they could have just popped on an extra e pack before he want out.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.

11-03-10, 6:10 PM

I re-watched those two episodes and now I really want March to get here! In the meanwhile, I'll probably re-watch V Gundam and F91.

11-04-10, 6:55 AM

Good ep another long wait. Has a Gundam Seed fell to it though

11-04-10, 7:42 AM

can we have a protagonist who is not overly naive and totally idiotic? so far it all seems to be politics, so we wont see prolonged action for a while...

11-04-10, 1:36 PM

kisami said:
can we have a protagonist who is not overly naive and totally idiotic? so far it all seems to be politics, so we wont see prolonged action for a while...

'A while' is just going to be the wait until March. I'd have thought that the lead-up to an all-out assault on Palau was pretty obvious, with that sort of cliffhanging ending.

Also... you can't have a Newtype without the NEWbness. :D
Jigero said:

I actually own the Master Grade Unicorn Ver Ka and a Standard E -pack has 5 shots, but here's the kicker, the e packs are stackable. so you can put a 6th, 7th or as many as you like. So they could have just popped on an extra e pack before he want out.

Heh, that's pretty confusing. Imagine Banagher playing around with the E-pac reload machanism. Something like "Oh, crap, I'm out of shots... NOT!" *Pewpewpew*

Also... You have an MG Unicorn? Do want. D:

11-04-10, 2:47 PM

midgemage said:

Heh, that's pretty confusing. Imagine Banagher playing around with the E-pac reload machanism. Something like "Oh, crap, I'm out of shots... NOT!" *Pewpewpew*

Lol, that should happen.

11-04-10, 9:18 PM

midgemage said:

Also... you can't have a Newtype without the NEWbness. :D
Quoted for truth! :D

VillettaIchihara said:

I HATE Audrey!!
You shouldn't if you learn her back-story. Knowing how much shit she going through her life (Her father dead,Zabi family annihilation,being puppet for Haman) I somewhat pity with her. If Dozle is still alive, he would be proud how much his daughter has grown up.
Modified by Kagura89, 11-04-10, 9:31 PM

11-05-10, 10:00 PM

interesting set up with a lot of politics going on. too bad was looking for a little more acton, but i suppose that will be with the episodes to come

11-10-10, 10:07 AM

its good nice action and dialogues about war and yep no war is fair

11-11-10, 2:35 AM

Best English voice acting.

Entire cast.

Ever.

11-11-10, 2:22 PM

Kagura89 said:
VillettaIchihara said:

I HATE Audrey!!
You shouldn't if you learn her back-story. Knowing how much shit she going through her life (Her father dead,Zabi family annihilation,being puppet for Haman) I somewhat pity with her. If Dozle is still alive, he would be proud how much his daughter has grown up.
Haven't seen any of the prequel to this sereis but I think Audrey is the only one of the few female main characters in big gundam series that actually do something instead of just being there for the sake god knows.
"A Legend is just a tale of a beautiful lie." - Lene Starfear

11-13-10, 8:56 PM

Good episode. Again like the first, not great but seeing Full Frontal finally in action made me happy. I know damn well it's not Char but the memories are there. The interplay and dialog between the characters has been really good and although not an action packed episode, it gives more background leading up to what's going to happen which is fine by me.

I really don't see this being the best Gundam, let alone the best UC Gundam but it has been quite enjoyable. Banahger hasn't been too angsty and it's moving at a nice rate. If Bright Noa was there on the Nahel Argama instead of Otto, this ordeal would have been finished in 3 minutes lol

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices