Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 28, 2010 7:02 PM

Jul 2008
Out of the whole cast it seemed like Natsuno had the highest survival rate..I wonder if he'll come back.
Oct 28, 2010 7:25 PM

Jan 2010
Of course Natsuno will come back, he is one of the main characters after all. What I'm wondering is how he's going to act around the other vampires.
Oct 28, 2010 7:41 PM

Mar 2010
holypoop said:
Of course Natsuno will come back, he is one of the main characters after all. What I'm wondering is how he's going to act around the other vampires.

ya thats what i want too see

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 28, 2010 8:03 PM

Aug 2010
The doctor seems to want to observe what his wife does. He's totally committed now to fighting the vampires it seems.
Oct 28, 2010 8:26 PM

Jun 2009
I'm a bit disappointed. For a show that was so unique in the beginning it's starting to turn into your typical "paint by numbers" anime. I really hope it proves me wrong by leaving Natsuno dead. That would definately break the mold, but I don't think this show has the guts to do it.

My "paint by numbers" prediction is he rises up, and becomes the inside guy to help fight the vamps. I hope however that it is more original than that.

Please be an awesome next episode. I don't want to drop points...
Well one thing I've learned from this experience, is that a princess is still a princesss even when she is naked.

Oct 28, 2010 8:50 PM

Jul 2010
No way...such a village

Let's cut to playing doctors with your wife.

3/5
Oct 28, 2010 8:54 PM

Apr 2009
So... why was Natsuno's father so surprised? He was obviously dying.

Natsuno just lying down and letting himself get killed was pretty disappointing, and his closeness and attachment to Tohru seems ridiculously out of whack with what we saw their friendship when they were both alive. Hopefully Natsuno will rise up and we can get back to the series kicking butt, ever since it came back from the first break it's felt kind of off to me.
TeufelOct 28, 2010 8:57 PM
Oct 28, 2010 9:03 PM

Sep 2008
I'm kinda sad and happy. Natsuno should've stayed alive till the end. but now he can at least meet with Tohru again ^.^
Not to mention give Megumi a piece of his mind >:D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2010 9:19 PM

Nov 2009
awesome! i bet natusnos gonna start a rebellion against tatsumi and sunako cant waittt
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2010 9:35 PM

Apr 2010
Lylaaz said:

Aversa said:
okthxbaii said:

And he put that ice around her, because he's going to watch and see if she rises.
Well he is trying to preserve her body for some reason.

then he should have put her into a freezer or something O-o those bags are gonna melt.. ( if you think logically lol, )

Maybe he doesn't want other people to find out she is death so doesn't take her body to the morgue or freezer in the hospital.
Or maybe he doesn't have a morgue or enough space in a freezer to place her body in.
It's a small hospital in a remote area after all, so it could mean that they freezers they do have are full with medical supply's.
And the freezer he uses for those ice bags might also be to small to place a human body in 40 liters of ice bag take up less space then a human body.
Oct 28, 2010 10:01 PM

Jul 2010
Natsuno's dad kind of freaked me out with the bags under his eyes.
I know what's gonna happen to Natsuno so I can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 28, 2010 10:32 PM

Sep 2010
It seems like the next episode holds a lot to look forward to. I kinda want to see more of how the shiki interact with each other and how they think. Can't wait.
Oct 28, 2010 11:40 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, that was quite amazing.
The atmosphere was perfect as usual.
Megumi was also very adorable this episode.
Oct 29, 2010 12:04 AM

Mar 2010
animelly said:
Natsuno's dad kind of freaked me out with the bags under his eyes.
I know what's gonna happen to Natsuno so I can't wait for the next episode!

Oh i dont know so im even more in awe

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 29, 2010 1:30 AM

Aug 2009
Nagara_Venteel said:

My "paint by numbers" prediction is he rises up, and becomes the inside guy to help fight the vamps. I hope however that it is more original than that.

Please be an awesome next episode. I don't want to drop points...

I'm also hoping that "paint by numbers" will not be the case here. It seems the whole village is decimated slowly as things are now, and needs some kind of turn to reverse the situation. I'm eagerly looking forward to how natsuno's "death" will impact the plot and hoping he just won't profess to be a "good" vampire.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Oct 29, 2010 3:19 AM

Feb 2010
as manga reader i only can say wow what a great adaption can't wait for the next ep if i'm right we see some really insane events :D.
Oct 29, 2010 4:10 AM

Jan 2010
R.I.P., Natsuno.
No wait, don't!
It won't be the same without you.
Oct 29, 2010 4:44 AM

Nov 2008
After this episode I'm sure Natsuno's father is dumb as fuck. Waking up, reading the note "I've seen Natsuno is dead, so I'm leaving ~~wife" So what he does first? Check on the boy? Mourn and cry? NOOOOOOOO He's fuckin still searching for his wife! It's not irresponsibility, it's being emotionally retarded. The guys makin script for Shiki are serious fail. They don't even tell the wiewer the reasons of some charatcers' actions (which is explaind in the manga) and sometimes it seems that everybody in this villiage is plain stupid and ridiciolous.
Oct 29, 2010 5:03 AM

Feb 2009
I'm kinda starting to lose a bit of my interest in this show. It was great before but after the 3-week hiatus, things seemed kinda off. It doesn't have the same luster it had before. The last part though made me held on a bit more. Looking forward to what Toshio will do with his wife's body and what Natsuno will do when he rises, which is obvious that he will.
Seishin's father may also know something but the way he looks is kinda o.O
Oct 29, 2010 5:56 AM

Dec 2009
Natsuno T-T

I hope his father dies.If he took care about Natsuno he wouldn't be dead.
Akira and Kaori just can't die!They have to stay alive.And Natsuno has to come back as a shiki,and be the one of the powerful that can go out days.I can't wait for the next episode D:

Oct 29, 2010 6:16 AM

Dec 2007
belatkuro said:
I'm kinda starting to lose a bit of my interest in this show. It was great before but after the 3-week hiatus, things seemed kinda off. It doesn't have the same luster it had before. The last part though made me held on a bit more. Looking forward to what Toshio will do with his wife's body and what Natsuno will do when he rises, which is obvious that he will.
Seishin's father may also know something but the way he looks is kinda o.O

I agree..
Oct 29, 2010 6:33 AM

Sep 2007
I still like this show! It was a very interesting episode. And as a manga reader, I feel this is a nice adaption! Yaaay. Can't wait to see certain scenes animated soon~
Oct 29, 2010 6:52 AM

Dec 2008
Well, Natsuno was sure killed quick, I thought that was gonna last another episode or two.

I'm sure his mom was taken; after the clues of her being bitten too from the previous episode.

Dad got what he deserved. I laughed when he read the note.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Oct 29, 2010 7:01 AM

Nov 2009
Snowley said:
After this episode I'm sure Natsuno's father is dumb as fuck. Waking up, reading the note "I've seen Natsuno is dead, so I'm leaving ~~wife" So what he does first? Check on the boy? Mourn and cry? NOOOOOOOO He's fuckin still searching for his wife! It's not irresponsibility, it's being emotionally retarded. The guys makin script for Shiki are serious fail. They don't even tell the wiewer the reasons of some charatcers' actions (which is explaind in the manga) and sometimes it seems that everybody in this villiage is plain stupid and ridiciolous.

I have to agree with you on this... The characters seem completely out of touch and seem to lack any spirit or resolve, with the exception of Tanaka . Kinda fraustrating to watch really. Even so I will continue to watch just to see how it all plays out.
m0RTaLOct 29, 2010 8:05 AM
Oct 29, 2010 7:44 AM

Aug 2008
Oh dear. Everyone's dropping dead like flies.
Oct 29, 2010 8:07 AM

Dec 2009
Megumi... I really hated her in the manga... but I started liking her more and more in the anime <3 ..
Natsunoooooooo...
Oct 29, 2010 8:57 AM

Oct 2010
The scene where Natsuno's father found the note was reversed (as compared to the manga). He supposedly found Natsuno dead first before finding the note. Finding the note first, then checking on his wife instead of his dead son is weird D:
Oct 29, 2010 9:14 AM

Feb 2009
lfq said:
The scene where Natsuno's father found the note was reversed (as compared to the manga). He supposedly found Natsuno dead first before finding the note. Finding the note first, then checking on his wife instead of his dead son is weird D:
Thanks for clearing it up. That really was weird as well as stupid :D
Oct 29, 2010 9:57 AM

Nov 2008
belatkuro said:
lfq said:

Exacty. They thought it'd look better this way? >.>'
Oct 29, 2010 12:10 PM
Nov 2008
I can't describe in a seemingly orthodox way what i want to do to Natsuno's father right now.........really..>.> Also..i'm sure the doctor has a reason for letting his wife die so easily...BUT...it still PISSES me OFF that he let her die like that....it seemed like he didn't give a damn about her...not even a tear or something.....>.>Either...this anime is one of the best of this season..love it
Oct 29, 2010 2:17 PM

Dec 2009
darkerealm said:
Oh dear. Everyone's dropping dead like flies.

And this makes me mad.Damn.
Stupid people.Do something against it.Ozaki!! :(

Oct 29, 2010 2:44 PM

Apr 2010
Natsuno's dad and Ozaki seemed to go mad after they lost their son/wife. Their attitudes were irrational. What did the father mean by boneless tables? I understand it must be a huge shock but a) he had it coming and b) it didn't make any sense. Ozaki preserving his wife's body with ice was sweet and sad at the same time, although weird, since he really didn't seem to care about her. If he did care, he would have protected her since the first day he started suspecting of something. I mean, the blue haired shiki came after him... and didn't get him. What would be the logical next move? Attacking someone close to him. It surprises me he didn't figure it out.
Oct 29, 2010 2:48 PM

Aug 2009
OMG.... this show is EPIC! . -
I'm awestrucked now..

I wonder if Natsuno's dad really got bitten or was it because he went mad after what happened.. i think i saw his hair had turned grey and this can happen to people in an instant if they experience something too tragic. so maybe it was because of that and not that he was bitten??... dunno
btw... wasn't Natsuno's mother bitten too? she looked so weak in the last few eps..
in any case, i dunno why Natsuno didn't want to fight it more and chose to die, or why he trusted Tohru so much! in the end Tohru proved to be weaker... i'm suspecting that Natsuno will rise only to fight against the okiagari. how he'll fight his hunger though is another question.

we didn't get to see the Kirishikis in this ep, but still we had some development with the highlight of Natsuno's case.
I knew it would be coming now... i mean episode 13... and even the date, october the 8th. i think that 8 is an unlucky number for Japanese.. correct me if i'm wrong.

Can't wait for the next episode and i mean it. i'm going to rewatch this i guess while waiting, cause there aren't many good shows this season apart from this. PLS no more hiatus!!! it was torture having to wait so much! thnx
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Oct 29, 2010 2:50 PM

Aug 2009
Hachik0 said:
Natsuno's dad and Ozaki seemed to go mad after they lost their son/wife. Their attitudes were irrational. What did the father mean by boneless tables? I understand it must be a huge shock but a) he had it coming and b) it didn't make any sense. Ozaki preserving his wife's body with ice was sweet and sad at the same time, although weird, since he really didn't seem to care about her. If he did care, he would have protected her since the first day he started suspecting of something. I mean, the blue haired shiki came after him... and didn't get him. What would be the logical next move? Attacking someone close to him. It surprises me he didn't figure it out.

I don't think he was so close to her.. and as hard as it might sound i think that he had seen her death after he saw her in that condition and now he only wants to preserve her like that not because of his romantic feelings, but because he wants to see her waking as an okiagari. that's my guess.

Snowley said:
belatkuro said:
lfq said:

Exacty. They thought it'd look better this way? >.>'

That appeared weird to me too.... reaaally weird. i mean WTF.. the note writes that his kid is dead and all he does is go check for his wife???? my guess though is that he was just too shocked to believe what the note wrote. i mean he got the fuckin news in a freakin NOTE...
still Natsuno's dad is one of my worst characters... he was so inconsiderate. his child being in such a bad condition as he was, he should have stayed all night up next to him! his mother as well!! their son was dying and they were sleeping?? weird people..
anyway, i slightly pittied him after what happened, but still he put his hand in all this in a way with being so hotheaded and stubborn.
JusticeUndoneOct 29, 2010 2:59 PM
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Oct 29, 2010 3:04 PM

Jun 2008
To me its obvious that Ozaki is preserving his wife´s body, because he hopes she will become a okiagari. He lost so many people that he actually became cold, but he is still a doctor, and for god´s sake, he is trying to save the village, unlike the damn priest Seishin that spends his days on the temple doing nothing even knowing that people are dying everyday=_=

And if Natsuno rises, im almost sure he wont join the others. Maybe Akira and Kaori can donate him some blood, since they were becoming Natsuno´s friends.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 29, 2010 3:46 PM

Nov 2007
I would laugh so much if Natsuno didn't come back. XD

I hope the doctor is thinking about waiting for his wife to come back (if she does) and then trying to work out ways to kill her/the shiki. That'd be a nice kick in the plot in an otherwise boring show.
Oct 29, 2010 7:35 PM

Jun 2009
yamakasi said:

I hope the doctor is thinking about waiting for his wife to come back (if she does) and then trying to work out ways to kill her/the shiki. That'd be a nice kick in the plot in an otherwise boring show.

Me too!
Well one thing I've learned from this experience, is that a princess is still a princesss even when she is naked.

Oct 29, 2010 9:20 PM

Apr 2009
I love that father.
Oct 29, 2010 9:23 PM

Nov 2007
Natsuno dies as expected... I hoped he would of met up with Ozaki though. now Ozaki's wife dies and he's ready..... to "test" her. things look hopeless but it just keeps getting interesting.

Natsuno seriously had the worst father ever. he drove his wife away and she possibly died and he got his son killed and wouldn't listen to any reason. I hope he dies and does not rise and that bitch Megumi is going to kill her friend :(.

the monk should do something useful....
Oct 29, 2010 10:52 PM

Jan 2010
All that homolust between Natsuno and Tohru finally killed him.

That's the great power of God...he kills homosexuals.
Ok™
Oct 29, 2010 11:49 PM

Jun 2009
I think Natsuno will become one of them, then fight them from inside...
Oct 30, 2010 12:12 AM

May 2010
what are those ice bags for?? O.o
Oct 30, 2010 12:34 AM

Feb 2009
Damn Natsuno's dad! *shakes fist*
Oct 30, 2010 1:39 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
StormViruz said:

I think that she won't rot away. Maybe he wants to see how she turns into a risen?
Oct 30, 2010 3:39 AM

Oct 2010
mel-hime said:
Also..i'm sure the doctor has a reason for letting his wife die so easily...BUT...it still PISSES me OFF that he let her die like that....it seemed like he didn't give a damn about her...not even a tear or something.....>.>

The anime might show his reasons for not "giving a damned" in the later episodes. It was explained in the manga as well :D

yamakasi said:

If you read the manga, Toshio (the doctor) gets cool from chapter 32~33. I recommend you to read the manga if you haven't :D

StormViruz said:

Yup, it is to preserve the body as long as possible.
Oct 30, 2010 4:31 AM

Jan 2010
Next episode will rock hard out.
Going to have my heart racing like fuck.
Oct 30, 2010 11:09 AM

Oct 2009
This one sided fight is getting tiresome, I mean come on, both the priest and the doctor are just letting things happen, letting people die. It is way beyond the time for them to band together and do something.

And yes, I laughed at Megumi as well, she was having so much fun.

Oct 30, 2010 11:42 AM

Jan 2009
Oh right, the OP's actually good now : D (Not fitting the show, but it's good at least.)
And something that always bothered me about Shiki, is how they keep introducing pretty much every single character that shows up. It's not like anyone will remember all the names anyway. (As for me, I know like... 6-7 of the names ┐('~`;)┌)

...Hahahah Oh wow, Seishin's father, dude looks hilarious.
Also, I lol'd when Megumi comes happily jumping along on the roof xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 30, 2010 11:52 AM

Sep 2009
lfq said:
Found that weird too. Wonder why they changed the scenes though o.O

So the Shiki's are making the villagers leave so that the village seems less suspicious to the outsiders?
The sound of bones cracking gave me goosebumps.
Finally Natsuno is dead. As everyone has guessed already, Natsuno most probably will turn out to be the main hero in the show.
Seishin seems boring now.
Tohru ♥
The vid I watched didn't have the preview for the next episode T__T
Oct 30, 2010 12:09 PM
Feb 2010
Ozaki's rise to hero seems to be epic. XD

Ahhh!!!
Gah, I really hope Akira and Kaori survive this one. :(
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.