Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 19, 2014 11:22 AM

Jan 2013
>doesn't listen to Akira about the undead.
>doesn't even feel the need to take his son to a hospital.

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you, the most idiotic character I've ever seen, Natsuno's father.
You deserve it, kind dumbass.
Well, Natsuno's the MC. So he'll rise up again I guess. Meanwhile, Toshio has something up his sleeve. Next episode looks to be jaw dropping.
4/5
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 22, 2014 3:29 PM

Jun 2013
OMG OKAY SO THIS DID NOT JUST HAPPEN. I AM RAGING SO BAD, GAAAHHH!!

I was honestly hoping Toru would be able to gain some self-restraint, but what more can you expect from a lowly creature of the night. It deeply saddens me that Natsuno had to go, I don't even think I can continue the next episodes, gahh >~<

On a side note, Natsuno's father may have good looks, but he's a friggin stubborn imbecile...
Jun 11, 2014 10:55 AM

Aug 2013
I hate how Megumi is so.. so.. cheeky(?) I don't think that's the word.. Perhaps I don't enjoy her care-free sinister attitude? I almost wished Toshio and his wife worked out. I didn't like her at first, but now I feel bad.
Jul 2, 2014 7:31 PM

Aug 2013
I wonder if Natsuno has some type of plan or something...
My Candies:
Jul 29, 2014 1:35 AM

Aug 2013
Just started watching this show. Flew through the first 12 episodes because the story was getting so addicting. I hit this episode...and now I'm convinced everyone in this show is completely fucking retarded. Like legitimate chromosomal deficiencies.

First of all the doctor...so apparently the treatments for the sick patients don't involve blood transfusions anymore. Ok, how's that working? Oh wait they're all fucking dying, his wife included.

The Seishin monk guy, just completely abandoned his friends and village for having feelings for an 8 year old vampire girl. He must be a catholic priest or something.

Natsuno...Seriously might be the definition of retarded. He literally just let Tohru kill him. He didn't have permission to enter the house, but Natsuno intentionally let him in and pretty much killed himself.

Natsuno's dad...Now we see where he gets his retarded genes from. Half of it isn't exactly the dads fault since he was SEVERELY pussy-whipped by his "wife". It was so bad they should've had the doctor take a look at that too. He cared more about being right and didn't give even the slightest of fucks about his son. Natsuno basically became Masuo because his dad is a dick.

(Oh btw people, Natsuo's mom was either bit, hypnotized or both. She had that pale gloomy look when she said no to the epidemic thing, and she left a note out of the blue saying she was leaving.)

Towards the end of the first cour I honestly expected some vampire death but this is extremely one-sided and it' probably the first show to make me lose interest so far through. This claimed to be one of those shows where you are torn between choosing a side with both of them being right, but that' not really working in this show. Usually you know both sides kill each other for a cause and then you're like damn who do I choose...but this is so one-sided you cant really root for the Shiki. The main character humans all talked so much shit about stopping the vampires, but not only have they done nothing, they're still voluntarily bending over for an ass fucking.

After 50+human deaths, the tables really need to be turned here otherwise I'm probably going to see this as a complete failure of a show that threw it's potential away after episode 10.
Sep 4, 2014 9:55 PM

Jul 2013
Wow .Natsune trying to be a hero by trying to save Tohru and have him feed off of him , but it turns into an epic failure cuz surprise,surprise, his body couldn't take anymore and he DIED . (Which he said he wouldn't do lol,cuz he had dreams of going back to the city).I thought he had meant to fight against the vampires and not become one of them which also seems to be pretty much another failure at that .Ughh, I so wanted to punch the ignorance out of Natsune's father.I mean how retarded can you be??? He practically watched his son get horribly ill overnight and didn't lift a finger to help him o_o .
I would understand if he had carried him to the hospital,especially at the scene where Natsune said he was having a little difficulty breathing,but he did nothing. :/
Wow that's so sad with Kaori thinking she was friends with Megumi but she actually hates her.I guess they're next.
Interesting, it looks like Dr Ozaki might be on to something (and things might turn around) with his freshly dead wife.
Incr3dibl3Sep 4, 2014 10:10 PM
Oct 23, 2014 7:43 PM

Apr 2014
fuck it was so sad when Tohru was crying. I wanted to cry too. I'm mad at Natsuno's dad. Ugh.

I don't see this getting a happy ending. I feel like everyone will die/become shiki at the end of it all. If that happens, I'll hate the series.
Nov 5, 2014 10:18 PM

Jun 2009
i can't wait for this thing to be blown wide open
Feb 5, 2015 11:37 PM

Feb 2015
This episode was BS. This series is BS. It has too much death just like akame ga kill. I'm probably going to drop it because one of the only characters that I liked died (Natsuno). I't would be even worse if he came back as a vampire because then there would be no more meaning for him to fight on the human side. And I really hate megumi as well, I cant stand her.
Feb 5, 2015 11:41 PM

Feb 2015
SoEmmazing said:
OMG OKAY SO THIS DID NOT JUST HAPPEN. I AM RAGING SO BAD, GAAAHHH!!

I was honestly hoping Toru would be able to gain some self-restraint, but what more can you expect from a lowly creature of the night. It deeply saddens me that Natsuno had to go, I don't even think I can continue the next episodes, gahh >~<

On a side note, Natsuno's father may have good looks, but he's a friggin stubborn imbecile...

Same here I wanted Natsuno to stay alive.
Feb 5, 2015 11:45 PM

Feb 2015
masaba said:
God these characters suck. Why hasn't the doctor told everybody what's going on? He was in a bar full of his peers that clearly respect him enough to value his opinion, and probably wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the vampire theory seeing as how HALF THE FUCKING TOWN HAS EITHER DIED OR MOVED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, but no, let's just let them think this is an epidemic.

This makes no fucking sense. People are dropping like flies and two people with a good deal of power and respect in the community are doing nothing to stop it. That monk bitch with the glasses hasn't said a word. "Does my father know something about what's going on? No it can't be..." BITCH you're family and friends are dying around you! Do something you fucking idiot.

The doctor: Oh well, there goes my wife, here let me put her on ice to see if she comes back to life and I can figure out what's going on here.

:| Nigga....you were in a fight with the vampires. Surprised that shit didn't wake your mother sleeping upstairs, but you had the vampires come out in full force and straight up roll on your residential. And they spare you. At that point, does it never occur to you to maybe say, hmmm, maybe I should go to the police with this plethora of medical and physical evidence, plus eye witness testimony from two well respected members of the community, and 3 kids.

The dumbfuckery is ludicrous.

You took the words right out of my mouth lol.
Jun 26, 2015 12:41 PM

Jun 2011
^ Lol I am pretty sure he planned to experiment on his own wife, not to bring her back. -_-

Whether or not those people value his opinion, it doesn't matter, trust isn't so easily built, but could be easily broken. It's all about evidence.

As for the comment on Natsuno being dumb a few posts above mine, no, Natsuno wasn't being dumb, just naive, he had hoped that his friend would come back to his sense, but he couldn't last long enough, and unfortunately he underestimated the 'thirst' of those shiki.

And also, the "monk guy" does not have feelings for an 8 years old guy, he was questioning his own morality and what defines a human, that's what I got so far from the series.

I am not even trying to defend the show, but some of these points are just bad. -facepalm-

As for my own comment on the episode, I really hope that the wife did not cheat with Tatsumi, that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw her lying down on the sofa with her skimpy clothing on, and a mark on her neck.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 29, 2015 6:45 PM

Jun 2013
Again, poor baby Tohru. As much as I wanted to see Natsuno live as a human and not as a Risen, it was a nice slap for his dad. Jeez, couldn't he be a better father? No wonder the kid wanted to leave his parents home.
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Jul 24, 2015 10:57 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was all kinds of crazy...
Natsuno's dead. Natsuno's mother just up and left her family after her son dies? She doesn't even stay long enough for the funeral? What the hell is Toshio doing with his wife's body? I guess he's trying to monitor it to see if she rises, because he doesn't trust having her buried. Weird... but I can't blame him.

I feel the need to state the new OP and ED are both FAR better than the first ones.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 15, 2015 8:38 PM

Feb 2013
Damn it the credits from ep 11 already spoiled what will happen in the next episode.
Jonesy974 said:
Natsuno...Seriously might be the definition of retarded. He literally just let Tohru kill him. He didn't have permission to enter the house, but Natsuno intentionally let him in and pretty much killed himself.

Yeah man, it's not like he was half dead and couldn't defend himself even if he wanted to or anything.
Sep 1, 2015 10:24 AM

May 2010
Damn, the show is back to its horror roots. I am surprised.

And I bet Ozaki is planning to use his wife for experiment purposes. The dark look on his face just suggests it. He's most likely going to keep her dead body in the room until she becomes a risen, that's why he's not letting anyone in.
Feb 22, 2016 1:51 AM

Sep 2012
Great episode. I guess one lesson is learned. Don't get attached to any character.
Apr 2, 2016 5:58 PM

Feb 2015
okthxbaii said:

That was selfish of Natsuno's mother to just abandon his father after that, and when you saw his eyes, you can tell that he was bitten too. Will Natsuno rise up though? THAT'S the question.

And he put that ice around her, because he's going to watch and see if she rises.

did you NOT just see when she was clearly bitten?

Snowley said:
After this episode I'm sure Natsuno's father is dumb as fuck. Waking up, reading the note "I've seen Natsuno is dead, so I'm leaving ~~wife" So what he does first? Check on the boy? Mourn and cry? NOOOOOOOO He's fuckin still searching for his wife! It's not irresponsibility, it's being emotionally retarded. The guys makin script for Shiki are serious fail. They don't even tell the wiewer the reasons of some charatcers' actions (which is explaind in the manga) and sometimes it seems that everybody in this villiage is plain stupid and ridiciolous.

i was angry about that as well, but i understand that a husband (or just plain old spouse) is supposed to love the wife more than the child, so that's completely natural.

Trie said:
Another good episode. I also didnt think Natsuno would let himself get killed by Tohru so easily. But really am I the only one who thought that Natsuno and Tohru would of made a good couple? lmao

no, they're just find as friends.

Monad said:

the doctor is becoming a maniac. He threw the life of his wife away just like that so he can experiment on her. Maybe there is a logic behind his actions but that's really cruel.

oh yes, why not let them kill everyone in the village and make him feel like a failure? why not find a way to get rid of them? that's totally insane thinking.

Guitarplayer18 said:
Great episode. I guess one lesson is learned. Don't get attached to any character.

HAHAHA true!
-------
oh, so nastuno dies this episode? i really wish they didn't do it this episode...it was so depressing watching him actually die instead of just implying it. the music when he was running was really nice, for once it was peaceful instead of scary as usual. i can't find the song anywhere, though :(

it was even more depressing when he said "Everytime he comes to my house, I hope he changes his mind and runs away."

i have no idea why he put ice on his wife. in denial perhaps?
TomDayMay 23, 2016 6:57 PM
Sep 17, 2016 12:46 PM

Jun 2016
I really hate Megumi, actually except for Tooru, none of the Shiki seems like a victim to me. Having to kill someone is one thing, enjoying killing is another.

Oh, Natsuno's father. He deserves to be bitten! Still not get over his stupidity.
Oct 18, 2016 4:01 AM

Jul 2008
Natsuno....ugh. And his father went off the deep end while the mom got bit and was whisked away.

Now we have a vampire run medical clinic and funeral home, it's getting worse and Megumi is a a complete and total bitch!
Apr 23, 2019 7:06 AM

Dec 2013
I'm not really liking how this is going. But I wonder what will Dr. Ozaki will do. They should get an upper hand at least sobsobsob

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Oct 5, 2019 3:12 PM

Jan 2016
Natsuno's dad gets what he deserves really.

Stupid mofo.

Also poor doc watched his wife die in front of him.
Dec 15, 2019 5:00 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
There goes both Yuuki and Toshio's wife. I really hope Megumi never gets Yuuki'zs soft side, that sadistic brat should know her place.
Aug 20, 2020 4:41 AM

Feb 2020
Oh we really lost Natsuno... But it was expected, the first opening kinda spoiled it. His mother is also gonna die given that she looked sick last episode and has now left the town, and the father probably got bitten as well. I wonder who did it, though I suppose the one who bit the mother was the creepy little girl with the puppet.

I feel so bad for Tohru, unlike the others he's way too kind to take any pleasure in killing. It also shows becoming a vampire doesn't necessarily imply becoming a total monster. If the others are finding this appealing, that means they're just bad people at heart and their true nature is now showing.

As I thought, Megumi has become a real yandere. While she's an entertaining character, she really gets on my nerves. I found her annoying since the very first episode but back then, she was just a teen behaving like a teen so I didn't want to be too harsh on her. But now it turns out she's actually sadistic.

It looks like Ozaki has become so obsessed with saving this village, he's becoming insane. He'll probably do experiments on his wife and doesn't seem to be much saddened by her death...

And I really wonder what happened to Masao and the crazy old woman.
Nov 25, 2020 3:56 AM

Dec 2018
natsuno died, the doctor's gonna use his wife as experiment if she waks up... so many things are happening
Jun 12, 2021 4:17 PM

Jan 2020
I thought Dr Ozaki wanted to cremate his wife if she's dead...
Jun 12, 2021 4:18 PM

Jan 2020
Well still can't say that the MC is officially dead
Jun 12, 2021 4:19 PM

Jan 2020
A new clinic and a new funeral house.........
Jun 12, 2021 4:21 PM

Jan 2020
BTDarklings said:

Also poor doc watched his wife die in front of him.

Nah, the doc doesn't care anyway...
Dec 6, 2021 1:50 PM

Mar 2019
My hatred for Megumi keeps going up.

Damn, Natsuno is gone and his mother most likely died as well. Now I wonder what he'll do as a vampire. Also Toshio is so good!!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 26, 2022 9:49 AM
Nov 2020
I don't like Megumi. Firstly she stalks Natsuno, then she kills Natsuno's friend because "I don't like how he's close to Natsuno" typa bs. And now she's killing Kaori's dad because "making someone I hate suffer feels great" when all Kaori wanted was to be friends with her (when she was alive). Natsuno did a good job not liking someone like her. She may be fine asf but she's the worst character.
Oct 23, 2022 10:07 AM
Sep 2016
I was thought that as more people died the more people would disappear in the flower garden in the intro. Well whatever
Sep 9, 2023 1:17 PM

Nov 2010
Interesting. The vampires are slowly but surely replacing that village's people and establishments.
I like Megumi. She's my girl version. Haha

I see what the doctor is trying to do. He's really bent on doing an autopsy and experiments on the vampires to find their weaknesses and deal with them. It looks like he's given up saving people. He'll deal with them once he's ready. We'll see if he'll be successful.
Nov 28, 2023 2:40 PM

Jul 2016
I have never seen someone lose consciousness so sexily until I met Toshio's wife. Such a shame he's gonna make her his lab rat now.

Anyways, looking forward to Natsuno becoming Blade.
Dec 28, 2023 3:35 AM
Mar 2010
It's as if everyone lost 60 iq over an episode. One of the stupidest episodes I've seen in years; turned a very good show over its head.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.