MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 26 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu »» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 26 Discussion

Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
View Poll Results: Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 26 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

118 83.10%
4 out of 5: Liked it

12 8.45%
3 out of 5: It was OK

4 2.82%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

8 5.63%
Voters: 142

05-13-12, 9:11 PM

I didn't expect Kirheis to die. Amazing end for season 1.

05-27-12, 1:17 AM

Great episode. The way they directed the scene of Kircheis' death and Reinhard's reaction to was very, very powerful. Knowing how the rest of this series plays out, I can't help but wonder how different events would have played out had Kircheis survived.

Also:

Edit: Has anyone watched the 720p version? If so, what do you think of the edited scenes with different art sprinkled here and there? I noticed it a few episodes back during a conversation between Yang and Frederica, but they went crazy with it these last two episodes. I don't mind the artstyle, in fact it does a pretty good job of expressing the emotions of the characters. But, the way it's sort of half-assed thrown in here and there is kind of jarring.

Yet, LoGH is so damn good I don't really give a shit. Lesser shows, this probably would bother me more.
Modified by insan3soldiern, 05-27-12, 3:48 AM
"Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right."

- Yui Ikari, The End of Evangelion

05-30-12, 4:06 AM

My motivation in this anime until this point was the complex conflicts of good and evil. Yang represents a force of good subordinated by a corrupt government. The same is seen with Reinhard as a force of good subordinated within the Empire. These two forces of good are made to battle each other amid their mutual respect for each other in submission to the wills of their rulers. This complex interplay of ambitions and morals served to make this show so beautiful until this point.

There is evidence to believe that Reinhard--absent the influence of Kircheis and consequently embittered--will now become a force of "evil" reflecting the Empire he has just overthrown. If that happens, the narrative, it seems to me, will be reduced to one of simply good vs evil; Yang vs. Reinhard; the holy light of democracy against the dark threat of despotism. In other words, shallow and trite. I will continue to watch because I have no concrete reasons to doubt the quality of the anime. I just felt like voicing my contemplations; partially in hope that someone will reassure me that the following 84 episodes will be just as good as their predecessors.

05-30-12, 8:13 AM

Yang Wenli said:
There are few wars between good and evil; most are between one good and another good.

I wouldn't worry, itsjeremy6. LOGH does portray a few conflicts between good and evil, but they're typically minor and short-lived -- like Reinhard versus Braunschweig & co. in season 1. And even that had some greyness.

08-05-12, 10:10 PM

amazing ep, didnt expect kircheis to die so quickly
i think ill have to start making some changes on my top 10 anime is this keeps up the good stuff

08-16-12, 10:56 AM

KIRCHEIS! NOOOOO!

09-10-12, 3:16 PM

weird episode all right, why is the security so weak and his death lacked ambience

09-16-12, 11:26 AM

Shaduge said:
weird episode all right, why is the security so weak and his death lacked ambience

yea man, very weak security. Reminds me of JFK and Gandhi...you'd think they would have learnt from history, sheesh.

Not sure what you mean by ambience; I mean, if a death scene leaves me completely dumbfounded, nearly shell-shocked, ambience would be the last thing I'd care about.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')

12-23-12, 11:06 PM

This show is getting a lot better, glad I kept watching. but why didn't someone knock the guy out? Like if someone pulls out an rpg, I'd tackle their ass. Kircheis was the only one that did anything, the rest just watched.

02-05-13, 10:59 PM

Great ep, RIP Kircheis. I only hope that Reinhard's handpicked admirals will take over the role that Kircheis played in some small capacity. I still think Oberstein is up to something. I have a feeling he told Reinhard's sister something else besides Kircheis's death. Hence why she wanted to move away from Reinhard. Of course, I'm only speculating. Can't wait to start the next season. Also, more than likely giving this series a 10/10 but I don't rate until I finish a series (in most cases).

03-31-13, 4:50 PM

RIP Siegfried Kircheis

07-17-13, 6:06 PM

I think I'm going to be depressed at least for the rest of the day. This series is so great but gosh darn that punched me right in my soul. I can't wait to see how everything plays out.

07-25-13, 10:32 PM

NOOOOOO Kircheis !!! Though that was smart of Oborstein to charge Lichtenlade for the crime.

But yeah, Reinhard got nothing to lose now, LET YOUR AMBITIONS FLY WITHOUT RESTRAINT !!!

07-30-13, 6:11 PM

Surprising end... though I have to say I'm a bit disappointed he died so early, Kircheis was one of the few truly interesting characters on the show among a sea of nameless faces. Now one of the best characters is gone... damn shame.

07-30-13, 8:08 PM

gswelcome said:
Surprising end... though I have to say I'm a bit disappointed he died so early, Kircheis was one of the few truly interesting characters on the show among a sea of nameless faces. Now one of the best characters is gone... damn shame.

Keep watching =)

YouTube - I post all my gameplay (Kingdom Hearts, so far) videos here (mostly boss fights), I am currently running through Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix on Proud Mode. I am aiming to catalogue all boss fights in 1080p HD using PCSX2 to emulate and Fraps to record. Give my videos a watch and some constructive criticism. Thanks.

08-20-13, 1:45 PM

First time I have cried during an anime/manga since reading Elfen Lied, way back in February of 2011.

The timing of Kiricheis' death took my by surprise, he was a great character and I'm going to miss him.

This is also the first time in a while that I wasn't able to accurately predict someone's death, so kudos to that as well.

09-10-13, 3:46 PM

Goddamn you Ansbach.

Siegfried Kircheis you will be remembered.

09-14-13, 12:14 AM

Not sure why the Allied forces were so happy with that little dispute. It looked to me like they lost quite a bit. Anyways can't wait to get back to seeing Reinhard v. Yang.

If I had one complaint though, it would be the fact that they seem to care about life, but then when Julian kills an entire ship (which has alot of people on it) they just go "wow! Good Job!" As if they actually don't care about killing people at all.

09-18-13, 3:52 AM

Incredible, and I thought LotGH's soundtrack couldn't get any better. Oh my, one of the best characters has just died in just a few seconds, I've to say this anime is legendary.

09-22-13, 7:29 AM

And tears were shed.
It happened right at the end, when I thought I was clear. When Reinhard visited Siegfried's grave.

This series really has been worth the hype, up to this point at least.

Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices