Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 26, 2020 6:12 PM

Mar 2020
lol fuck y'all this episode was great. Would love to watch a whole series about Pino
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jun 2, 2020 12:00 PM

Apr 2019
Now this was a huge waste of time. It did make me mad, what the hell were they thinking when deciding to produce this episode?
Apr 21, 2021 8:28 AM

Dec 2020
One or two episodes of bizarreness without plot progression don't ruin a series. Don't know what everyone is so mad about. And the themes of this episode are actually quite correlated to those of the anime overall anyway.

Most importantly, Pino is so goddamn cute.
Apr 30, 2021 2:43 PM
Jul 2013
To everyone hating on this episode:
When was the last time you truly smiled?
This was not a filler, it was a lesson in life.
Jun 8, 2021 4:55 PM

Mar 2018
xxbluebirdxx said:
Be thankful for these fillers! Otherwise this awesome show would only have 21 episodes...

You say this like it's a bad thing lol. Cowboy Bebop suffered from this same issue with some fillers that the show could have easily done without. I'd much rather have a shorter season that feels more consistent and story-driven than a longer season with hit-and-miss info dump fillers. There are better methods of info dumping than how this show chose to go about it.
Celest__Jun 8, 2021 4:59 PM
Jul 14, 2021 3:10 AM

Aug 2019
damn I didn’t expect this many people to hate this episode, I thought it was alright
Aug 17, 2021 6:56 PM

Dec 2018
this episode was great, and pino dreaming is kind of a big deal
Sep 13, 2021 9:05 AM
Jun 2014
Great episode.

Unlike 15, the exposition was slight and not just dumped all at once, and seeing Pino reflect on her own past a bit was also pretty great.

The part where she says she loves Re-l because Vince does made me tear up a bit, as someone who was eh at the beginning of the series, I'm surprised at how much I've grown to like the 3 main characters.

Also immediately looked up the staff when I saw the cartoon dog guys and was not surprised when it was Shinichiro Watanabe's name for Storyboards, it feels exactly like the better "filler" episodes of champloo or bebop.
Oct 2, 2021 10:25 AM
Nov 2020
Now I know that Walt Disney is a proxy in the name of Will B. Good
Oct 25, 2021 11:48 AM

Feb 2016
seems like a terrible decision to throw a episode like this right after the last one. it takes a lot of it's momentum for... nothing?
Jan 22, 2022 5:50 PM

May 2019
my god, another stupid episode.

The director screaming: ”look!how cool is that?” but in the end is just cringe

The freestyle storyline of this show has some very odd moments.
Feb 13, 2022 7:13 AM

Aug 2016
A Pino episode??? Peak Fiction idc.
Jul 11, 2022 6:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So now we got Pino into a Disney themed dome with Walt Disney being the proxy and trying to stop Vincent to get there otherwise they would have to fight since they're both proxy and it would destroy that Disney world... well what can I say is that it is unexpected for sure (xD) though I wonder how did Pino got her mind into the world and then came back to herself on the boat? Feels like I missed something or she has some other powers we don't know
Aug 11, 2022 1:38 AM
Feb 2018
This series has lowest of low story to being great once again
Sep 13, 2022 6:11 AM

May 2018
I completely forgot that Proxies can interfere with the minds of others. But man this show could be cut in half with all these irrelevant episodes
Sep 25, 2022 12:28 AM

Sep 2021
Y'all wrong about filler episodes. All the "plot" episodes do is provide questions. These episodes provide answers. In fact, this episode answers a lot, if you pay attention. It's a clear demonstration that it is a proxy's will that allows humans to survive and maybe thrive in an apocalyptic wasteland with no resources. But apparently, the duration is limited by something called the awakening.
Sep 29, 2022 4:33 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
Wtf ??? what's with all the hate... Yall are tripping, this episode was great. And I don't think it can considered a filler because it still confirmed some things and raised some questions.

Khashishi said:
Y'all wrong about filler episodes. All the "plot" episodes do is provide questions. These episodes provide answers. In fact, this episode answers a lot, if you pay attention. It's a clear demonstration that it is a proxy's will that allows humans to survive and maybe thrive in an apocalyptic wasteland with no resources. But apparently, the duration is limited by something called the awakening.

Exactly... lol I feel like ppl who disliked it are just close minded to disregard every lighter/laid-back episode as a "filler" like that

Feb 9, 2023 12:01 PM

Aug 2022
Am I the only one who actually loved this episode? The ending put the biggest smile on my face and Pino finally getting an entire episode to herself made me so happy. Sure there was no big twist or any exposition dump, but it was still very enjoyable. This episode plays around with raison d'etre again, I guess it is repetitive but every time the theme of purpose and meaning is delivered masterfully in this anime.
Feb 20, 2023 11:54 PM

Jun 2019
StaleNut said:
Am I the only one who actually loved this episode?
Absolutely not - The second, more experimental and genre-bending, journey and meander reveling, introspective deep diving half of the series in general, including Smileland the Disney imitation land of preserved and curated happiness and blissful ignorance on the eve of the apocalypse psionically beamed into a sleeping android's head, the game show episode, the wind-powered ship stranded episode with everyone left with nothing to do except live, the eerie Ophelia tribute doppelganger episode in the fog and urban ghost town, and the next episode after this (which would be episode 20) which I won't reference any detail or aspect of since it's chronologically further along the line than the episode for which this thread topic exists - all of these to me are what really make the series something special, not only with some of its best episodes, but easily the best and most powerful and particularly memorable individual scenes and moments from the series as a whole too. 
Mar 20, 2023 4:21 AM
Oct 2020
smile land was saved!!!!!!!!!!! :d
Mar 27, 2023 10:35 PM
Mar 2023
everybody wanna be haters,,, in this house we LOVE pino!!!!!! 
Apr 19, 2023 4:17 AM

Jul 2015
Pino cute
Episode dumb

Jul 6, 2023 5:59 AM

Oct 2021
I actually really like these more filler episodes, rather than ones directly related to the story
Nov 23, 2023 9:57 PM

Nov 2020
probably a metaphor for religion and going against your creator
Dec 8, 2023 6:14 PM

Dec 2022
I've found none of the episodes so far to fit the definition of "filler", including that out of place and tonally dissonant game show episode — but this definitely is. Not only is it just as devoid of synergy with the atmosphere of the anime as the fifteenth episode, but it also has no relevance to the narrative at all, only peddling a very tired commentary on the idea of a troubled creator who writes what he cannot possess. This is one of those series that could reasonably be called a masterpiece if poorly conceived experimental episodes like this were omitted, possibly being replaced with something containing more substance, rather than allocating the duration of the episode to banal parodies and caricatures referencing old western cartoons from the last century.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 28, 2023 3:35 PM
Oct 2021
Most normal Ergo Proxy episode??!💀💀💀
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

93 by LonewolfNBU »»
Apr 12, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

78 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

71 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 12:23 AM

» Ergo Proxy Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aokaado - Dec 27, 2006

236 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.