MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Club Introductions
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» The Summoner's Rift »» Club Introductions

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
10-22-10, 6:21 PM

Feel free to introduce yourself here. Some tips might be to state the characters you play, your level, etc.

Anyway, I'm supercell, creator of the club. My IGN is Elunix, and I'm currently level 23. Haven't really touched ranked mode because it seems too serious. As of now I play Malphite, Akali, Ashe, Nunu, Sona, and just recently Lux.
Modified by Vendicta, 11-07-12, 5:31 PM

10-23-10, 1:15 PM

Hey, my IGN is ShiroLycoris, level 30.
I play ranked games solo because I can't really get a premade going.
I main Annie and Sona. I like to alternate to Akali, Kennen or Lux when I don't feel like playing my mains.
Feel free to add me and PM me for a few games. ^^

10-23-10, 3:17 PM

Kite_444 said:
Hey, my IGN is ShiroLycoris, level 30.
I play ranked games solo because I can't really get a premade going.
I main Annie and Sona. I like to alternate to Akali, Kennen or Lux when I don't feel like playing my mains.
Feel free to add me and PM me for a few games. ^^

Any comments about the differences between ranked and unranked matches? I might start playing ranked but I'm not too sure about it yet xP

10-23-10, 4:10 PM

The main difference between rank games is choosing the champions and bans. Each team bans 2 champions and takes turn selecting champions. Once a champion is selected, the other team can't select that champion so there won't be 2 of the same champion in a game. The thing about ranked games are that people are more serious in team compositions and like to have solid setups so it takes out low tier characters from games. I usually treat ranked games as a regular game but I tend to get bad teams so I don't play them as often.

10-25-10, 3:42 AM

Well well, I seem to be lower than you guys.

Only level...10? I think at the moment, played a lot during the beta but took a break...just starting up again.

I main Tristana and Soraka at the moment, thinking of gaining enough points to buy Lux and give her a shot as I've heard some good things.
My IGN is Yotsubato, I'm on EU.

10-26-10, 11:04 AM

Kite_444 said:
The main difference between rank games is choosing the champions and bans. Each team bans 2 champions and takes turn selecting champions. Once a champion is selected, the other team can't select that champion so there won't be 2 of the same champion in a game. The thing about ranked games are that people are more serious in team compositions and like to have solid setups so it takes out low tier characters from games. I usually treat ranked games as a regular game but I tend to get bad teams so I don't play them as often.

Wow, sounds about as serious as I expected. The hero ban as well as no doubles seems really smart; it introduces the whole concept of team composition into the mix. Anyway I found out I can't really do solo ranked until level 30, so until then I'll be staying away from it.

Birix2 said:
Well well, I seem to be lower than you guys.

Only level...10? I think at the moment, played a lot during the beta but took a break...just starting up again.

I main Tristana and Soraka at the moment, thinking of gaining enough points to buy Lux and give her a shot as I've heard some good things.
My IGN is Yotsubato, I'm on EU.

Welcome to the club first of all! And that's fine, I never played during Beta but I had previous experience with DotA. In my personal opinion, Lux is really fun if you play her right, but at the same time it's really easy to mess up, fall behind, and be useless. Her abilities won't hit nearly as hard as heavy nukers like Ryze or Annie even if you get her AP up, but she makes up for it with her long range, snare, slow, and shield (scales with AP) that she can bring to team fights, all with relatively short cooldowns. If you're set on getting her, watch a few videos of her in action, and get to know her builds, skill set-ups, and combos. I'm considering putting my build for Lux up in the build thread but I'm not sure about it yet; I think it still may need some refining. Either way I'm a US player myself, so it looks like I won't be able to get much more than advice to you. Best of luck with whatever you choose though.

10-27-10, 3:49 PM

My IGN is the same as my forum name, Burntlettuce. Right now I am maining Teemo, Yi and Tristana, but because Twisted Fate is free this week I am trying him out and liking him so far. I am still pretty new to this game, only level 10, but it's mad fun.

Right now I am struggling wtih the stupid Rune's. Probably just going to throw a couple of them in, because I would rather save IP points for champions.

10-27-10, 7:49 PM

burntlettuce said:
My IGN is the same as my forum name, Burntlettuce. Right now I am maining Teemo, Yi and Tristana, but because Twisted Fate is free this week I am trying him out and liking him so far. I am still pretty new to this game, only level 10, but it's mad fun.

Right now I am struggling wtih the stupid Rune's. Probably just going to throw a couple of them in, because I would rather save IP points for champions.

Hey burntlettuce, welcome to The Summoner's Rift! Ahh you seem to like the auto-attackers =P Though they can all be played for other things than simply auto-attacks. And I see, I myself use only Tier 1 runes for a minor bonus, and they don't cost much so they haven't really prevented me from obtaining champions. I recommend you do the same if you're just starting out, but I know I didn't get my runes until level 20 and did fine, so you don't need them to do well. They just help. Enjoy your stay!

12-06-10, 9:49 AM
Anime Moderator
Helloes.
My IGN is GomuBlade. A game or so away from level 28.

Morgana has pretty much been my main since day one. Was love at first sight. Not a fan of the recent nerfs, but no one likes seeing their favourite champ getting nerfed. Her new Blade Mistress skin is delicious though.
Akali and Sona are two other champs I really enjoy playing. I also do some tanking from time to time with Amumu and I'm gonna get Rammus next.

12-18-10, 12:48 PM

Hello ^^

IGN (In Game Name?): KAM05 on US server
Everyone calls me KAMOS or KAM, which I prefer.. didn't know I couldn't change my name.

ATM my lv is 13 30. Never played any game like LoL before, but thankfully I have friends that have.
I seem to like champs that can self-heal or have awesome health. I also like supporting my team and pushing lanes.
I like chasing people the most.
Melee DPS: Irelia, Renekton, Teemo
Range DPS: Caitlyn
Support: Sona, Lux, Orianna (so fun ^^)
Modified by aoikishu, 06-27-11, 12:00 PM

12-25-10, 10:30 AM

Hello

my IGM is "Jayd Mu"

I'm level 30 on LoL, i started playign about 3 months ago, I was prety big on dota back in the day so I was kind used to games like this already.

I use alot of chars (and i would like to think I play them well XD)

My Favs
Tank/ish : Malphite, Garen, Blitzcrank and Nunu (I mostly go AP with these two)
Fighters/Carry: Ashe, Sivir, Master Yi, Gangplank, Heimerdinger (sp?)
Support: Sona, Zilean, Taric, Janna

I get stuck playing a support most of the time though =(

01-13-11, 2:17 PM

Cheers - I'm N0iR (N0iR on LoL EU)

Been playing League of Legends with a few breaks since closed beta - so thats almost 1½ years now.

I mostly play:
Carry: Sivir, Miss fortune
Mage: Annie
Tank: Jungle Rammus, Alistar
Other: Nidalee (horribly >_>)

Also playing from time to time: Dr. Mundo, Jax, Corki, Katarina, Morgana, Pantheon, Gragas

Planning to pick up Udyr sometime because he is awesome :D
~five exclamation marks is the sure sign of an insane mind~

01-18-11, 1:03 PM

Oi! AbstractCalamity here. I go by the same name in LoL (US). Currently level 19 (and age 19, too, coincidentally), maining Lux and Rammus. I've also been known to play Nasus, Sivir, and Zilean, but not as well. I prefer support or tanking roles, and will rarely touch a carry. I'm just not a good carry.

Me and some friends get together and play occasionally, we could even be called a team, except for the undeniable fact that we only have 4 people. If we all play our mains, we've got Lux (me), Karthus, Sion, and Teemo. Luckily, we've recruited another friend, who's currently like level 3 and planning on playing Olaf (but I suspect that might change).

01-20-11, 5:46 PM

Mostly I used :

Vladimir - I love Sanguine pool
Sivir - Easy to use
Akali - Cute asssassin

Too bad I never use Tank. So hard. >.>

01-22-11, 1:49 PM

what? tanking is the easiest part of the game. you just run in there and act like you're doing things!

my username is kurpi on EU and US server.

I mostly tank because everyone hates tanking.

01-22-11, 1:52 PM

hello my name is sh0u on EU server and I play Nidalee, Sona and Morgana.

01-23-11, 11:44 AM

kurpi said:
what? tanking is the easiest part of the game. you just run in there and act like you're doing things!

my username is kurpi on EU and US server.

I mostly tank because everyone hates tanking.
I love tanking, especially as Rammus. His taunt is so epic! What, you're attacking my ally? No you're not, you're attacking me! Trying to run away? Not so fast, stand and fight!

But yeah, I do agree it's one the easier tasks if you have a good team.

Tanking 101:
Step 1 - Run in
Step 2 - Draw attention
Step 3 - Profit!

02-05-11, 9:11 AM

Well I figured I would post again since a lot has changed since the last time I posted in this. I am now level 30 and have started entering rank games(7-1) so far. Right now I am using Mundo as my main in ranked. I do enjoy playing Karthus, Lux, Cho'Gath and Yi on occasion though.

02-06-11, 8:31 PM

Hey all.
My IGN is TypeMercury and I'm level 24.
I main Karthus and Cho'Gath.
Lol -wanting to reach level 30 for rank games-
I looooooove dps Cho'Gath even though he's tanky AP.

02-07-11, 10:06 PM

Whats up...

My IGN name is Otakufreak and I usually play with my nephew who's user name is ironically otakufreak26. Long story... Anyway I've been trying to find a good group to play with and I thought MAL might be a good place to look.

My only character is Ryze and I have all my runes and mastery set to amplify him.

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices