Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 27, 2010 8:08 PM
Jan 2009
I thought that Okita was Kazama for minute there, then I thought it would have been Hijikata where Kazama ended up coming in. I like how they have the oni right now, with one helping out Harada and then Kazama--it really shows how they aren't necessarily on any side.

So Chizuru actually does something (defends herself) and the animation of that was awful. The scene at the point where she physically moves the sword looked slow and awkward-the timing looked off. Maybe it was the video but I doubt it. Still waiting for her to show her worth in some way. It's like she is just the token female with no real purpose.

For an oni among humans it is rather disappointing.
Oct 27, 2010 8:46 PM

Jun 2010
tensainobaka said:

So Chizuru actually does something (defends herself) and the animation of that was awful. The scene at the point where she physically moves the sword looked slow and awkward-the timing looked off. Maybe it was the video but I doubt it.

Maybe it was the video. I thought it was well done. Even though it was short. But that's just me. What website did you go to to see that?
Oct 28, 2010 2:57 AM

Feb 2010
suprised that karou died so easily and the rest of the ep was not really interesting.
Oct 28, 2010 5:08 AM

Aug 2009
Aw... My 2 fav characters just left =(
Oct 28, 2010 5:43 AM

Jul 2008
WHAT. THE. HELL.

Why just Sanosuke has to leave now!? I so want him back damnit. ;__;
Oct 28, 2010 8:15 AM

Aug 2009
damn sanosuke was my fav-chara ... I WANT HIM BAAAACK!!!! TT__TT

badge:

Oct 28, 2010 11:43 AM

Jul 2010
Eh wait, Harada-san and Shinpachi are leaving? o.O
Too bad, I really liked Harada-san :( I would only be more shocked if it was Saito-san xD Hope they'll get back in one of the future episodes, they're both great ^^

Souji, yeay! He saved her :D Finally he's fighting but too bad he's still sick :( I hoped that "changing" him would cure him :( Hope he doesn't die, we've "lost" too many people already in just 15 episodes :(

Poor Karou, I didn't saw that one coming :O I never excepted him to die in this episode, it surprised me... too bad but I'm glad he didn't got the chance to torture Chizuru..
Oct 28, 2010 11:47 AM

Feb 2008
Is it possible that airtime of Nagakura SHinpachi, which was low before, will get only lower now? Oh come on.

And what about Ryunosuke Ikenami? Is he going to be added to the story? o:
Oct 28, 2010 12:40 PM

Jul 2008
Amazing.. really loved that part that Okita Souji saves Chizuru.. I was like.. YEAHHH *drooll*
Oct 28, 2010 4:44 PM

Aug 2009
Im upset Kaoru died.. T_T
I wanted him 2 have a bigger role!!!!

I hope the subs get faster.. :P

And i dont like it when people leave!!! COME BACK SOON SANOOO!!!
Oct 28, 2010 9:33 PM
Jan 2009
HikariSakura321 said:
tensainobaka said:

So Chizuru actually does something (defends herself) and the animation of that was awful. The scene at the point where she physically moves the sword looked slow and awkward-the timing looked off. Maybe it was the video but I doubt it.

Maybe it was the video. I thought it was well done. Even though it was short. But that's just me. What website did you go to to see that?

It was animefreak. it just looked like Kaoru moved forward at normal speed and then they had chizuru blocking like a fill in or like a bad voice dub. Sorry thats the best way for me to describe it.
Oct 29, 2010 7:12 AM

Aug 2010
Sheiya said:
Amazing.. really loved that part that Okita Souji saves Chizuru.. I was like.. YEAHHH *drooll*

^ just what I thought ;)

I liked this ep, but Kaoru died surprisingly fast. I mean - I thought his role in the whole story would be bigger, but...

Still love Saito and Okita the most <3
Oct 29, 2010 8:52 AM

Jun 2009
Good episode, chizuru fighting just a bit was good too, sad they had to leave :(

Oct 29, 2010 10:09 AM

Jun 2009
aw.. its sad to see Shinpachi and Harada-san leave.. D:

Oct 29, 2010 3:31 PM

Jun 2010
tensainobaka said:
HikariSakura321 said:
tensainobaka said:

It was animefreak. it just looked like Kaoru moved forward at normal speed and then they had chizuru blocking like a fill in or like a bad voice dub. Sorry thats the best way for me to describe it.

There were three vids. Two I was able to see and they were both fine. One was zShared and I was not able to see, but I definitely know that zShared has bad quality. So either it's just me or you watched the zShared video.
Oct 29, 2010 4:01 PM

Feb 2009
Am I the only one with dirty thought when showing Hijikata riding that horse in the opening.

She is so useless that she's incapable to convince her brother to live her alone, now how can she changed her foster dad mind?

He has tuberculosis right? They shouldn't be around him because it is contagious.
Oct 29, 2010 4:10 PM

Oct 2009
The whole part with her brother seemed out of character for Chizuru to me, and rushed as well. She is always so compassionate with others, yet she didn't even seem to care about him much at all. Yes I know he was a jerk, and she didn't even know him, but it just seemed off.

And I would have thought his character would have much more to do than say "hi I am your brother" and die.

Oct 29, 2010 5:24 PM

Oct 2009
I quite like this episode.

The part where Kaoru confronts Chizuru was really full of suspense. The sudden arrival of Okita really took me by surprising. But what's most surprising was that

Anyway,I liked that part when Sano and Shinpachi was teasing Chizuru about "that guy" protecting her while Saitou stares at the other guy in complete confusion. Gosh, can't Saitou be any cuter! I also liked how Saitou remained expressionless throughout the whole episode. It's like he's unaffected by his surroundings.

Can't wait for next epi. Seems that Saitou will get more screentime.
Oct 30, 2010 1:05 PM

Apr 2007
Bye-bye Sano :< I almost wish he would only leave for one episode like Heisuke did in the first season, but that would just be bad. At least Saito is still with the main group.
Oct 30, 2010 4:44 PM

Jan 2008
I also wished Karou played a bigger role *sigh* At first I wondered what Karou meant when he said why were you always... I guess it would be ...the one with good fortune?? Sure he probably suffered a lot and I would have liked to see his past. Chizuru finallly blocked..whooo, but I think she would ALWAYS be on the defensive. Even though she has oni blood she was still raised as a human so maybe that's why she's just at a weak human status.

When Souji was in bed and looked at Harada I thought oh they're probably never going to see each other again. I thought it was because Souji was going to die soon but I didn't expect Harada and Shinpachi to leave !____! NOOOOooo the male harem is dwindling..
Oct 31, 2010 9:59 AM
Jul 2010
I hate when they just kill off characters like that..
Overall, it was a great episode with awesome fighting.
Oct 31, 2010 12:18 PM

Oct 2007
Why are those guys look so fabulous?
SivaOct 31, 2010 12:57 PM

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 31, 2010 11:46 PM

Jul 2010
Vongole said:
I quite like this episode.

The part where Kaoru confronts Chizuru was really full of suspense. The sudden arrival of Okita really took me by surprising. But what's most surprising was that

Anyway,I liked that part when Sano and Shinpachi was teasing Chizuru about "that guy" protecting her while Saitou stares at the other guy in complete confusion. Gosh, can't Saitou be any cuter! I also liked how Saitou remained expressionless throughout the whole episode. It's like he's unaffected by his surroundings.

Can't wait for next epi. Seems that Saitou will get more screentime.
I knooooow! More Saitou is never a bad thing. I'll miss Shinpachi and Sano, but I'm relieved it's those two rather than Hijikata, Saitou, or Okita, as those are my 3 favorites. Although, Okita is kind of already out of the mix since he's sick. Why do I feel like he's guaranteed to die, too? :(

Also, it was nice to see Kazama make an appearance in this episode. He really should have more screen time. I feel bad for Kaoru, but Kazama really did seem pretty awesome in that moment. XD

"Hi, I'm your brother. Come with me or die, beloved sister." *Gets stabbed by Kazama.* Lolwut?
Nov 1, 2010 5:15 AM

Aug 2010
Aww Shinpachi and Harada left, that's sad; I really like Sano. Stupid Hijikata didn't even bother to see them off. If it's to go out to eat, with Sano paying using his reward money, then he can go, but it's too big a hassle to see them off. Idiot. Hijikata just irritates me. I can barely stand him.
Also I can live without all the hijikataxchizuru moments. I'm not watching this for romance.
She got over her brothers death pretty quick. What a wonderful little sister.
Opi-chanNov 2, 2010 11:51 AM
Nov 1, 2010 7:33 PM

Jun 2010
I forgot this. Earlier when she found out Kaoru was her brother, she said, "Kaoru-san" like she always do. When he was dying, she said, "Kaoru." No suffix. That was the only time she didn't say *insertname-san* meaning she really did felt close to Kaoru. Seriously how often do you find her not using suffix on a person's name?
Nov 2, 2010 6:38 PM

May 2009
Chizuru finally did something with her sword. Not much other than to block a few attacks, but this is much more than we're used to seeing from her. She inflicted much more pain on Kaoru with her coldness toward him. A little strange. A little messed up. But it did make that moment interesting.
Nov 2, 2010 10:36 PM

Oct 2010
I was really surprised that Okita was actually able to get up and fight. But I was glad he did! <3
But then what did surprise me most was when Kaoru died. The whole time during that sequence I was like... WTF?

But I was really sad when Sano and Shinpachi left... T_T It was weird because I never paid much attention to Sano in the first season but then right now... it's like he got 100x cooler! So I was really sad that Sano left... because he's so awesome and that changes my 3 favorites to Okita, Saitou and Sano in that order ^_^
Nov 3, 2010 2:16 AM

Aug 2010
Why did Okita look surprised when Harada was looking at him? Is it possible that Harada didn't tell him he was leaving, cause Okita's sick? That's why Okita was wondering why he was staring at him intently? Just wondering
Nov 10, 2010 10:40 AM

Sep 2010
At the beginning I couldn't believe Kaoru really died, like, forever O__o
But I'm glad Okita's alive~

Wow. I didn't knew these outfits are that awesome. I think I start to like them. Even Sannan looked nice :3

I feel so sorry for Okita TTATT

Oh, and I wonder... Will Harada and Shinpachi come back? I mean, in S1 some of Shinsengumi left, but they came back after all ;x
Nov 23, 2010 3:00 PM

Apr 2009
Awwwww Kaoru. :(
Dec 2, 2010 6:49 AM

Jun 2009
I thought they were twins? if so I know twins has so called blood bond.

I really hate all those DRAMA's in the middle of the battle especially when Chizuru's part is the one in it

Heisuke owning all the sake

CHEESY-ru
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Feb 1, 2011 8:24 AM

Feb 2010
Somehow, I'm loving the scene where Kaoru and Chizuru fought each other. She finally showed some sword skills.

Actually, I really love Kaoru. What a waste for him to die. Is he that unimportant for a role? =___=
But actually it's kinda weird. He said he hated Chizuru in the first season wasnt he?

Harada mentioned Osen. Will she appear anytime soon? She and her servant are my fav.
Okita and Harada laughing together was really cute
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Dec 22, 2011 1:39 AM
Jul 2018
Love the OST :)
It's getting more emotional with people dying & leaving. Somehow, I'm liking this season more than the 1st one.
Sep 30, 2012 5:24 PM

Jan 2012
Awesome episode like always. However sad about Harada and Shinpachi.

Jul 5, 2013 4:05 AM
Jul 2018

Kaoru died quickly. WHAT THE HELL. Chizuru, did she even cried?
Shinpachi and Sano left.
Everytime I see Okita coughing esepcially with blood, my tears suddenly formed up. DAMN.
I don't want to see him like that. >__<
Jul 20, 2013 11:49 AM

Apr 2010
Poor Okita, he really tried ne?

I'll blame it on Chizuru, because she's being useless so far!
Jun 14, 2014 6:28 AM

Dec 2012
Yet another strong episode. This season has really stepped up its game. Despite his obsession I really felt for Kaoru. His early death was really unexpected, I really got closing to tearing up when he kept going "Chizuru..Chizuru...Chizuru..."

To add fuel to the fire, Shinpachi and Sano leaving was just like nooo the cool bros are bowing out. The whole group is falling apart now, I hope to see them again.
Mar 24, 2015 10:23 AM
Nov 2014
a pity that kaoru died. his character was underused, and he seems to have undergone a personality transplant from last season? didn't he say he hated his sister? poor writing, unless there is going to be a twist later in the season.

chizuru was surprisingly cold towards him for a so called compassionate person. she didn't try to reason with him at all, and couldn't even be bothered to touch him when he was dying and crawling on his belly towards her. i am actually beginning to dislike her character. i think i may end up liking the prequel of this series more as she won't be in it.

i can't say i blame those 2 men for leaving. why risk your life for their commander's lust for power?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

160 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 18, 2023 5:01 AM

» Why didn't Chizuru... (spoilers)

AriAkiko - May 8, 2011

12 by Kana-Cucumber »»
Aug 22, 2021 10:03 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 14, 2010

61 by justduckyxx »»
May 27, 2018 10:18 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 21, 2010

56 by SenChen »»
Sep 22, 2017 2:30 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 3, 2010

100 by MelMelMel »»
May 11, 2017 11:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.