Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 24, 2010 1:09 AM

Apr 2008
Can Haruka seriously just go away? "I want to become his strength" or something like that. Ew.
Oct 24, 2010 4:14 AM

Mar 2008
Well, better episode than the previous one but still..
This adaption just fails!! The art looks so cheap somehow..
it has so much potential but it's all being wasted ~.~ e.g. the ghost(s) could be made MUCH more scarier.. haruka is not good to look at. at all.
yakumo's reaction(s) are just so emotionless.. i mean c'mon! haruka could have died there! at least at those moments he should show some kind of reaction.. ~.~
right now i'm only interested in those "other" people..
as far as i remember they aren't present in the manga.. so yeah, looking forward to that. also, the preview was kinda more interesting than the episode itself xD

edit: also, i feel like the first 3 episodes were just there to introduce some characters and (hopefully) the real story will start with the next episode..
Vanessa-Oct 24, 2010 4:17 AM
Oct 25, 2010 9:33 AM
Feb 2010
Terrible.

Couldn't they at least create a random guy and portray him as the killer.

So the accident was 2 months ago and it just so happened the cleric met Yakumo right after the detective asked Yakumo to investigate. COME ON

And the ending when the doctor looked back and said "what's up with him" (Probably the sub is wrong?) it just so happened the red eyes guy was standing there then what about all the people around him why notice him[?] and ignore everyone else?
Oct 26, 2010 7:05 PM
Aug 2007
/kanyeshrug/

The writing and drama is kinda boring at the moment. I like Yakumo and Haruka and that's about it. Hopefully it picks up in the next episode, or I'll probably drop it and watch something else in its place.
Oct 28, 2010 10:58 PM

Mar 2010
so he didnt save the kids soul

the ending made me wonder

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 28, 2010 10:59 PM

Mar 2010
klowdz said:
The guy with 2 red eyes seems powerful, he will kill Yakumo! :(

oh

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 29, 2010 2:02 PM

Aug 2009
bleh... i didn't like it at all.
bad thing is that i really hoped this series to be one of the best of this season and in every episode i get more dissappointed. as a fan of the manga (well.. not the biggest fan anyway, but i have rated it with an 8) i find the series rushed, flat and completely unemotional. even the slightest hint of emotion comes out forced and i get the feeling the creators don't really enjoy what they do, but they just want to get it over with...
also i noticed lots of static plans which only made my suspicion stronger that they don't really care about how this looks...

it might sound cliched but the manga, although nothing too fantastic is still far more decent and enjoyable...

2/5 and hope it won't make me drop it! :S
only great thing about this is the music which is beautiful! and Ono Daisuke <33

edit: i just can't comprehend how a good and scary story with emotions turned out to be so uninteresting and stupid... such a shame...

I have my hopes in the bad guys to save this even a little... otherwise it's gonna fall all the way down
JusticeUndoneOct 29, 2010 2:07 PM
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Oct 29, 2010 5:57 PM

Jan 2010
So far none of these episodes have really been all that great average at best.
Oct 30, 2010 3:12 AM

Aug 2010
The end really pulled at my heartstrings and Yakumo has definitely grown on me.
Oct 31, 2010 2:56 PM

Jul 2009
Needs less Haruka D<
Hurry up and tell us who those people at the end are! They seem so cool!
Music for this anime is so good ...
Nov 6, 2010 1:20 AM

Jan 2008
im starting to like haruka less and less... she's so annoying!
Nov 8, 2010 8:13 AM

Jan 2008
Definitely an improvement compared to the previous two episodes, but there's still a lot of elements that ruin the whole fun.

First and foremost, where is the scary atmosphere and mystery? I don't see any of that in an anime that's meant to be exactly about these things and it adds up immensely to the boredom factor.
Second, why the rush? They should slow it down, work on the plot a little, instead of going through the episode as fast as possible, just to get to the conclusion.

The conclusion this time was a little more satisfying. I enjoyed the chase at the end and how Yakumo failed at saving the boy, that kind of touched me. Then Haruka and the priest lay down flowers, with the background music, it had a really great vibe.

What the anime needs is more focus on the mystery, a bit of a slower pace and more Yakumo x Haruka interaction and character development. At this time and moment the series is pretty dull and boring.

5+/10
Nov 12, 2010 12:35 AM

Jun 2008
StormViruz said:
Better than the last 2 IMO..

Yeah certainly an improvement compared to the last two episodes but there are still a few things missing from this show.
Let's hope that this episode means things will continue getting better.
Nov 23, 2010 10:48 AM

Dec 2009
Rhypo-oniichan said:
I actually liked that he couldn't save the boy in the end.

This.
Saving each and every ghost with no collateral victims would be fitting for a kid's show. The melodrama at the end was exaggerated as well...
Nov 30, 2010 11:24 PM

May 2008
It's sad that he wasn't able to save the boy.

Anyways,it's an okay episode.All I want is to be scared but it isn't but it was better than episode 2.

Hope the next episode is good & yes,those red eye of Yakumo is sexay and I still love the opening

Love is filled with mystery
Dec 25, 2010 10:53 PM

Nov 2007
One thing hasnt changed for me. I very much dislike haruka.

Anyways.. what happened to the boy was sad. I almost cried.
Dec 27, 2010 12:15 PM

Apr 2009
anybody else lol when he said "this is called a shovel"?
"Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.
Alien vs Predator 2 is the movie version of that book"
Jan 17, 2011 9:24 PM

Feb 2010
The boy was caught disappear just like that eh? Pretty sad

XtremeEnigma said:

I did haha
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Mar 10, 2012 11:30 PM

Sep 2011
Rhypo-oniichan said:
I actually liked that he couldn't save the boy in the end.

Yup made the episode so much better. When they played that music in the background, I had that weird feeling inside! (a good feeling)

Man anyone else just love the BGM in this Anime??? I know I sure do.
Apr 1, 2012 3:34 PM

Mar 2009
Yet another straightforward case.. it started off interesting but got boring quickly.
Feb 6, 2013 11:41 AM

May 2012
Another great episode, seems a good chose to also put in the story time where he can't save everything! And still those final endings are rather interesting seems like that will be the global case of everything!
May 23, 2013 8:51 AM

Aug 2007
hikoghert said:
What is this series trying to do? It's not scary and there is no mystery. The characters are all flat, based on the most boring stereotypes.

If I was someone who drops watching an anime, I'd be tempted to drop this one for these reasons.
There is nothing really good about this series so far...
I'll truck through it but the first three stories and the characters are bland :/

Jul 11, 2014 6:21 AM

Jan 2014
XtremeEnigma said:

Hahah yea :)
Nov 23, 2014 9:07 PM

Jan 2012
lol she want to be his girlfriend
bad he couldn't save the boy in the end.

Nov 20, 2015 4:41 AM

Mar 2010
Guess im one of the few who does enjoy all episodes so far? But i havent read thr manga (i always read the manga or LN afterwards cause just like with regular movies based on books, detsils will be left out)

Anyways i enjoyed this episode and i like yarumo a lot. You slowly get to know him better eventhough he tries to come off as emotionless he isnt. He reminds me of a kuudere but just not based on love.
Tho towards haruka he seems tsundere xD a lil

Im curious about the next episode and so far i havent binge watched in a while but with this i do feel like it :D

Still reminds me a bit of project zeto/fatal frame
May 10, 2016 3:53 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah all the characters feel very bland.

And why didn't they explain what happened to the boy?
Sep 21, 2018 2:05 AM
Sep 2009
Liking how low key this series is.

Nice change from all those SUPERPOWERZ in COOL COSTUMES while IN HIGH SCHOOL I've been seeing in other anime.

Haruka still needs to buy another outfit.
Nov 28, 2020 3:03 PM

Jul 2011
I liked the manga version of this arc a lot better than this episode.
This is quite a boring start.
Jun 25, 2021 4:02 PM

Jun 2016
So even Yakumo can't save all the spirits. Shame. This ep for me confirmed that the show is more about the characters and spirits than making any convincing, hard to understand mystery plots (ya can tell from ep 1 and 2, but I just waited until ep 3 to confirm it, lol).

The focus seems to be all on Yakumo, prepping us for a confrontation with the white-haired, red eyes dude, but to me, Yakumo's not really that interesting of a character. Neither is Haruka, tbf but I'll wait to see if they improve in the next few eps.

A-Simple-SquireJun 25, 2021 6:29 PM

Jan 3, 2023 12:58 PM

Mar 2019
I just can't like Haruka, she's too annoying. Why would Yakumo need to leave a notice behind for her.

Interesting episode, but nothing important is happening for now. I hope the later episodes will have more importance.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 9, 9:10 PM

Dec 2022
Thought Nakahara might've been related to the boy who was killed there, but turns out he was actually the killer himself, after trying to cover up an accident.

And that tunnel must be a real deathtrap, with how many malevolent spirits are still actively haunting it.

The Gotou and Yakumo interactions are pretty funny. The jabs they're taking at each other aren't exactly friendly, but there doesn't seem to be any mutual hatred either.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 26, 2010

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 19, 2010

48 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2010

52 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

65 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 2:39 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2010

72 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.