MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 3 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector »» Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 3 Discussion

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
View Poll Results: Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 3 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

3 37.50%
4 out of 5: Liked it

1 12.50%
3 out of 5: It was OK

1 12.50%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 37.50%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 8

10-18-10, 2:34 PM

VillettaIchihara said:
DROPPED!

just as viletta shows up -good timing ;P
Siva said:
They started the show with some random fight which I assumed to be a flashback some sort of.

Well, actually, if people do want to know what this scene is, read on, but beware, BIG spoilers.

But clearly, if you actually explained that right off the bat, then there goes half the story.

For the vets who read that, its all paraphrased for simplicity, so yeah, it may not be 100% accurate, but close enough.
Monad said:
Where to they find the resources?

The first spoiler also explains this, but if you don't want the plot forecast, I'll give a non-spoileriific version: there are some bases that the DC still hold- notably the Earth Cradle (mentioned in Divine wars & this episode- seen in the next-time clips), which has a high degree of mech-producing capabilities.

10-18-10, 2:55 PM

slax said:

The first spoiler also explains this, but if you don't want the plot forecast, I'll give a non-spoileriific version: there are some bases that the DC still hold- notably the Earth Cradle (mentioned in Divine wars & this episode- seen in the next-time clips), which has a high degree of mech-producing capabilities.

I ain't spoiling my self. But the problem with resources when you go against a power like the Federation world government is that you might have a factory or land but you need materials to supply your factory so you can build shit. And i suppose a world government will have the means to monitor almost all big shipments with supply materials for building big huge robots.
Anyway my theory is that they betrayed their cause and got supplies from the Aliens. I don't know if that is what is in the spoiler but that's the only other way i can think of.

10-18-10, 8:25 PM

Monad said:
I ain't spoiling my self. But the problem with resources when you go against a power like the Federation world government is that you might have a factory or land but you need materials to supply your factory so you can build shit. And i suppose a world government will have the means to monitor almost all big shipments with supply materials for building big huge robots.
Anyway my theory is that they betrayed their cause and got supplies from the Aliens. I don't know if that is what is in the spoiler but that's the only other way i can think of.

Well I won't say what is or isn't in the spoilers, but I should mention that the Earth Cradle was made to survive an apocalypse and rebuild the human civilisation in the worst-case scenario, so it has a heck of a lot of supplies. It also has cutting-edge technology, etc.

Plus, the world government is relatively under-supplied, due to the DC war, the Areogator invasion, and the fact that they were planning to surrender the earth, rather than fight, before the Antarctic incident (in DW episode 6). Not to mention that the DC were never really defeated- many of them just ceased hostilities while the Aerogators were around.

10-19-10, 1:30 AM

Siva said:
xRiOtSx said:
Who watches the sequel before the prequel? I mean really.
There are many shows that you don't really need the prequel to understand the sequel.

@to everyone who replied me: No, it is not about the show making sense or not but the show didn't really give a basic of starting a show and never gave you focus point where you should be looking forward to either. They started the show with some random fight which I assumed to be a flashback some sort of. And then they just keep introduce some more random things and random characters everywhere. Well that is not really the full reason I dropped the show. Actually I find the plot rather uninteresting and the fight is pretty dull, nothing really make me want to keep watching after 3 episodes.

Anyway thank to people who kind enough to give me some explanations I appreciate that.
Only thing is, there aren't "random characters" everywhere. The plot from OG1/Divine Wars can be summed up in a few sentences. The characters, however, can't. There are alot of characters you are expected to know and recognize. You have the ATX Team, the SRX Team, the Aggressors, the crew of the Hagane, the crew of the Hiryu, and more. Additionally, since you haven't watched the prequel or played the game, you aren't really familiar with the setting at all, so the events seem like they are random, when they really aren't.

Also, just pointing it out, the real meat of the story hasn't even started yet. Right now its just doing buildup stuff, and introducing some important subplots. OG2 (the game this show is based on) had a fairly slow start. But this anime IS combining and/or omitting events from the game, or doing events earlier than when they happened in the game (episode 2 is very guilty of this). At this rate, I think the main plotline will start showing itself in the next few episodes.

10-19-10, 11:52 PM

I am somewhat scared by the total absence of Irm from the opening AND this episode >_>

10-20-10, 12:13 AM

Irm has to be in this because

I thought he'd have a main role in this

and since when did Aya got implants ???

10-20-10, 5:54 AM

Omg this episode animation was so damn awfull

10-22-10, 11:16 PM

Sorry that I'm late to the party. I just started yesterday.

I was disappointed with this episode. In no order:
1) For some reason, we have a tacked on Excellen fan service. I'm not terribly upset because, hey, it's big sis Exie we're talking about, but it's pretty arbitrary to have thrown on. Curse you beam of light!
- As a side note, I'm not a big fan of the new character animation. While Latooni (Who, for whatever reason, was done amazingly well this episode), Arado, Seolla, Kyosuke and Kai seem to have been hit fairly nicely, every other character seems to have been redrawn for the worse. This is a particular issue with the entire SRX team.
2) What's up with all the fan service shots of girls from about waist level from behind? It's getting pretty tiring pretty quick.
3) Aya went from pretty consistently chesty to WTF. Same goes with Villeta. I know this is the same series that made Endless Frontier, which is 90% chest jokes and 10% gameplay, but...yeah...

4) The AngelG/Angelg does NOTHING all battle. All I've seen it do is fire a few arrows in the first episode and stand still for the rest.

Aside from that, the series isn't the complete train wreck that I expected. Though I'm sure the Beowulf/Soulgain scene, like the Dis Astranagant/Astranagant scene from Divine Wars, will confuse the tar out of anyone not familiar with the series (In addition to, you know the whole Einst problem).

Still biding my time on Ibis though. I want to see my red haired goddess animated for more than a minute in a space suit...
Burkeism - Our president is more truculent than yours.

11-30-10, 12:19 AM

Laaawl.
Excellen was being a little jerk to poor poor Bullet.
Major Kai, Ryusei, and Aya all looked really really different.
How the hell did Latooni survive taking a shot right to the face?
I know cute girls have magical powers and all...but still.
And to make up for her moment of fan service, Excellen arrives fashionably late. Excellent episode.

I'm not enjoying people giving this series a low blow because they won't watch the first part. -laughs-

05-01-11, 12:17 PM

Sabinlerose said:
How the hell did Latooni survive taking a shot right to the face?
I know cute girls have magical powers and all...but still.

It didn't show where she got hit, I guessed she got hit in the shoulder or something. IIRC Seolla moved the gun off to the side right before she shot.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices