MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 3 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector »» Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 3 Discussion

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
View Poll Results: Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 3 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

3 37.50%
4 out of 5: Liked it

1 12.50%
3 out of 5: It was OK

1 12.50%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 37.50%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 8

10-17-10, 8:26 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Those are the guys from the Divine Wars series correct. Hmm, somehow I kinda like the ATX guys more than them but they seem cool.

Oh Excellen, you're such a tease and then she gets into SRS BUSINESS mode after scaring off Bullet.

Hmmm, what could DC want with the Falken I wonder.

10-17-10, 1:42 PM

Despite Ryusei, we get no everywhere you go, though that's not much of a surprise, probably being saved up for a crowning moment of awesome.

Good episode though, seems like they've done everything they need to do before

show up.

Also, no

10-17-10, 2:45 PM

why does a currently airing show have a sequel?

10-17-10, 3:07 PM

TrueUchiha said:
why does a currently airing show have a sequel?

Because this show is based off a game, and the sequel to that game was made into an OVA already.... although rectonning *may* alter that in the future.

10-17-10, 3:51 PM

Dropped, the show is ok but they should have explained the plot more instead of just shooting and testing around, and left the viewer like me in the dark cloud.

"A Legend is just a tale of a beautiful lie."

10-17-10, 4:02 PM

Siva said:
Dropped, the show is ok but they should have explained the plot more instead of just shooting and testing around, and left the viewer like me in the dark cloud.

You know this is based off a series of video games and a previous series that you have to see first in order to actually understand it right? I mean, by episode 1 that should have been apparent.

10-17-10, 5:12 PM

I understand it is a sequel but that doesn't really mean that someone like me who never saw the prequel shouldn't understand anything at all and specially even after 3 episodes >_<

10-17-10, 5:35 PM

Siva said:
I understand it is a sequel but that doesn't really mean that someone like me who never saw the prequel shouldn't understand anything at all and specially even after 3 episodes >_<

But it does. Look, I've never even seen anything ever related to Super Robot Wars before this show. I have absolutely no idea what's going on. But, I know that this makes sense in context if I knew what was happening. I can't blame the show for not making sense because I haven't seen the previous series. Especially when people who do know about the franchise say that the adaptation is solid.

(Also, there's apparently video games that you have to play before this too so there is no way they're going to explain all that)

10-17-10, 6:05 PM

I recommend anyone who wants to complain about this show's pace read on.
Siva said:

Here's a friendly guide to why the show is confusing, why, despite comments like the above, it can't hurry up, and where its probably going.

Why it is confusing and why it can't hurry up:
In my save file, of the GBA version of this show, at mission 40 (near the end), there are 36 protagonists. Thirty Six.
More importantly, there are at least four different enemy factions (only three of whom have been seen, and even then, only in part). Introducing them is going to take time. It just has to. Even spread over three episodes, including them all would give you barely 3 minutes per protagonist and 0 for everyone else (and was one of the reasons the SRW OVA was bad).

That aside, the underlying plot is very straightforward, but has many personal clashes- which obviously can't be rushed since they haven't introduced all the characters to clash with yet. One was introduced in this episode
, one in the last episode
, and one in the first episode

So it really can't hurry up. From playing the game, I'd say three more episodes (give or take) should be more than enough to set up the majority of the clashes. The rest of the series would then be focused on explaining and resolving them.

If you want a show with out these constant sub-battles, watch Divine Wars (this series' prequel). It is incredibly easy to understand. I am proof- I was able to follow it completely despite having zilch SRW knowledge back then.

10-17-10, 7:04 PM

Who watches the sequel before the prequel? I mean really.

10-17-10, 8:07 PM

Episode 3. Kai kicks ass, as usual.

10-17-10, 8:15 PM

Siva said:

They gave you a short summary in episode 1 when the president spoke and in episode 3, when Lamia remembers about the Aerogators, again they explain some of the back plot.

This is still an anime that airs on TV and they still have to take into account people who have never seen the show. They ARE explaining things as they go along.

Its not THAT confusing and people saying stuff like "oh well you should play 62 games before hand and then watch the 7 different seasons before this" just scare off people even more.

From this series alone you should know:

Some guys did a coup, called themselves the "DC" decided to fight the Federation, they got their asses whooped.
Aliens invaded shortly after, our heroes defeated said aliens, wreckage landed in the sea, which is now being recovered.
Time goes on, remnants of DC are still causing trouble, our heroes go about cleaning them up, but they've been acting strangely as of late, with new mechs showing up.

The Federation is implementing a plan to mass produce a new line of mechs to help defend Earth, everyone is building prototypes in order to get funding from the Feds to mass produce them.
Of them we have seen the cream/brown one Bullet pilots, the blue Wild Falken and the grey one Ryusei piloted, the R Blade oh and the Pink Angelg is also one, supposedly.

Ancient Mecha lay dormant underground, when some new aliens suddenly appear trying to wipe them out, instead the Dragon and Tiger fight back the new Aliens and disappear. At that time only Excellen and Kyosuke could hear something from the Aliens.

None of this info was left out of this series, I fail to see why this would be so confusing.

10-17-10, 8:36 PM

Kraker2k said:
I fail to see why this would be so confusing.

To be fair, you've left out the Beowulf scene, which is probably the source of 91.6328% of the confusion.

10-18-10, 2:07 AM

I've played OG1 and I'm still considering a drop. Truth be told mecha series do actually need more than robots strafing and shooting at each other.

Lemme know when the DGGs turn up.

10-18-10, 3:10 AM

nice episiode the action is always good.

10-18-10, 4:58 AM

DROPPED!

10-18-10, 7:19 AM

Other than the fact that the animation quality is below my expectation and the story is really condensed (for example, R-blade is not suppose to be there for the test according to the game), everything else is okay so far.

People who haven't seen the prequel or played OG1,2,2.5(OGG) shouldn't really be here complaining...

10-18-10, 7:19 AM

xRiOtSx said:
There are many shows that you don't really need the prequel to understand the sequel.

@to everyone who replied me: No, it is not about the show making sense or not but the show didn't really give a basic of starting a show and never gave you focus point where you should be looking forward to either. They started the show with some random fight which I assumed to be a flashback some sort of. And then they just keep introduce some more random things and random characters everywhere. Well that is not really the full reason I dropped the show. Actually I find the plot rather uninteresting and the fight is pretty dull, nothing really make me want to keep watching after 3 episodes.

Anyway thank to people who kind enough to give me some explanations I appreciate that.

10-18-10, 12:26 PM

Ya know, I kinda hate the opening...........BUT I LOVE THE ENDING SONG OF THIS ANIME ESPECIALLY THE GALS IN BIKINI.
yeo

10-18-10, 1:23 PM

Wow! fanservice took a lift in this episode.

THE SUN IS MY ENEMY!!! Bring me my sun-glasses. Ah! Excellen you never fail us.

Siva said:
xRiOtSx said:
There are many shows that you don't really need the prequel to understand the sequel.

Yes but this ain't one of them because all those characters that seem random to you are well known to us. And mostly, shows that you can easily understand with out the prequel are shows with little plot like K-ON!! or something.
I never played the games but i watched Divine Wars and am not really lost at all.
I won't deny that it seems kind of complicated but it ain't bad.

Anyway. On the episode now. I just don't get how DC still has so much power after there defeat. I mean the Federation rules all over the world and DC got there ass handed to them the last time. Where to they find the resources?

Btw is anyone else annoyed by how shinny everything is including peoples skin?
I'm also annoyed by the badly used red color around the lips of some girls like Excellen and even worse in the case of Aya.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices