Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2010 11:34 PM

Sep 2009
Wow...I can't believe he actually told his dad he likes eroge.
Oct 17, 2010 11:42 PM

Aug 2008
Awesome episode! Like many have said, the anime of this season! I'm really enjoying it.

I can really relate to Kirino; no one likes anime around me. In fact, many people downright hate it and look down on hardcore fans such as myself. While my dad is the strict one, it's my mom who really hates the fact that I like anime.

Anyways, Kyousuke is a true man, to protect his sister like that. Still, it's going to be awkward around the house for him now, lol. Also, Kyousuke=Aniki!

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 17, 2010 11:52 PM

Jun 2009
nextday said:
Wow, this episode was awesome. Kyousuke's argument with his father was amazing.

I was not expecting him to go that far.

Actually, this scenario is far more better in the light novel and in the manga. You can see that Kirino tried to throw an ashtray to his father for saying her collection is worthless only to get bitched slap by his father. Then the argument between Kyouske and his father is much more intense since he tried to fight back when the father tried to take all of Kirino's collection in her room.

tl;dr still I also like what they did in the anime when Kyousuke pretended that it was his collection..
Oct 17, 2010 11:55 PM

Jul 2010
guyklc said:
I can really relate to Kirino; no one likes anime around me. In fact, many people downright hate it and look down on hardcore fans such as myself. While my dad is the strict one, it's my mom who really hates the fact that I like anime.

Anyways, Kyousuke is a true man, to protect his sister like that. Still, it's going to be awkward around the house for him now, lol. Also, Kyousuke=Aniki!
That's the whole reason I'm even watching this show. I was really reluctant to even watch the first episode because I thought it was going to be some crappy incest show, but I guess it's not, so I've watched it this far. Anyways, yeah, I can relate to Kirino in that no one accepts anime around her except her brother. I've liked anime since I was maybe 13, but just not the eroge-type shows - think action, slice of life, and maybe a bit of shoujo here and there. My parents have never accepted it. When they found out I was into it they forbid me from watching it, but clearly I haven't listened. I was finally able to be a lot more open about it aftering I turned 17 and they didn't have as much control over me. My grandparents, aunts, and uncles were all the same towards my "childish cartoons." I think Kirino's whole situation is probably one of the main reasons people have watched this show since our "hobby" is not widely accepted.

On to the actual episode... it was nice. Dramatic, would be a good description. The main thing I didn't like was how heated up Kyou got at his Dad. Do a lot of other people get away with talking like that to their parents? Because all that yelling would've gotten me in a hell of a lot of trouble when I was living at home.
Oct 17, 2010 11:59 PM

Dec 2008
I can honestly say that give or take a few similarities and differences, Kirino and I, and not to mention just about a large portion of the otaku population, live, fundamentally, the same life. She truly embodies all of the good and bad that an otaku has to face in life: the good in the passion towards your favourite series/characters/any aspect of anime/manga in general, and the bad in having to face societal expectations on just about every level: not only being judged by the public but especially by those close to you.

I was honestly looking forward to a more concrete, realistic settlement between Kyousuke and the Kousaka father, given that it would have helped not just myself but maybe even others on how to approach your closest members when it concerns the otaku hobby. Sometimes I envy those who have a life like Saori and Kuroneko, where they either aren't being harshly judged or they could just do away with the judging. People in my position are forced to suppress what they love and accept societal expectations in order to be accepted at all.

While not the best series ever made, it's amazing because of its ability to touch and connect with people who are harshly misjudged because of the overall haunting negative image of otakus. While there are a lot of vices to be found in this hobby, there is also a lot of diamonds in the rough that are very well hidden, and I just that people would see that at least for the sake of acknowledging that this hobby is not as bad as people claim it to be.

At the very least, even if the rest of the series proves mediocre compared to this pseudo-climax, it can be stated from almost any perspective that this was the best episode so far.

tl;dr: Great, touching series. Probably the only redeeming series in what was a disappointing year for anime.
KirikaYuikoOct 18, 2010 12:29 AM
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Oct 18, 2010 12:22 AM

Oct 2009
Amazing
Oct 18, 2010 12:39 AM

Jun 2010
Finally, now it gets interesting.

Oct 18, 2010 12:41 AM

May 2009
after watching this episode i could say this is by far one of best in this season.
HOPEfully it won't take the wrong path, lets wait till the end =D

Oct 18, 2010 12:43 AM

Nov 2007
wow, everyone in my family knows i am an otaku lol. seriously. but as long as i turn up with my grades, they are absolutely okay with this. my parents even go as far as telling me "you know my this colleague's son watches anime too".

Back to the show, which I had no intention of watching thinking it might be another crappy incest show, but now Nakamura Yuuichi is the Aniki. and a nice one at it. This is the best episode of this week by far.

"Ne... Arigatou ne, Aniki!"

"Sonna Bakana....
Ariyenai...
Ore no imouta ga...
Ore no imouta ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai!"

upped my rating for the anime to 8/10
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 18, 2010 12:46 AM

Feb 2009
If only Shinji could talk to Gendou the same way Kyou talks to Gendou.
My current anime list is grossly, out of date, just so you know.

skullhunterj said:
if u expect me to put on my working writing skill on forums like this...think again, Grammer Nazi!!!

I hate people.
Oct 18, 2010 12:54 AM
Jul 2018
gainaxfanboy said:
If only Shinji could talk to Gendou the same way Kyou talks to Gendou.
you really are a gainaxfanboy. at least your honest.
Oct 18, 2010 1:03 AM

Dec 2009
ArcticMech said:
I feel like everyone should be calling Kyousuke "aniki" after what he did. That scene with his father was epic. The equivalent of falling on the grenade, the guy essentially got himself labelled a perv and siscon (not to mention a fist to the face) in order to save his little sister's precious eroge. Simply amazing. Aniki, I applaud you. Great episode!

♥ I want an aniki ♥

...and not because I'm hiding eroge from my folks, maybe some BL, but... anyway.
Oct 18, 2010 1:03 AM

Feb 2010
God, that 'I need to bath my little sister'-moment xD
So full of bliss~
Oct 18, 2010 1:07 AM

Jun 2008
Their dad is not very smart...
Oct 18, 2010 1:19 AM

May 2009
Best eps of this season so far :D
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Oct 18, 2010 1:58 AM
Mar 2010
Kyousuke is awesome, too bad his dad punch him but it was worth it.
Oct 18, 2010 2:20 AM

Aug 2010
Interesting episode :D
Waiting for the next one, because it passed the manga mark...
Oct 18, 2010 2:23 AM

Apr 2009
Lol damn. Aniki's got balls. Hopefully this ends in wincest.
Oct 18, 2010 2:40 AM

Jun 2009
He is good at fighting between parent by words! 8,8/10

Oct 18, 2010 2:42 AM

Sep 2008
Okazaki Tomoya is my hero.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2010 2:44 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, this anime is getting better every episode. Kyousuke was full of win, he got away with murder there :D I especially like how he is starting to view his life as a game (the flag reference, and the choice at the end ) :D
Oct 18, 2010 2:57 AM

Nov 2008
That was an awesome awesome episode! What a nice and caring brother!
Oct 18, 2010 3:29 AM

Feb 2010
great episode big brother is epic!
Oct 18, 2010 3:32 AM

Oct 2008
Aww! That was a cute-ish episode!
I liked how the brother decided to take that punch for his sis.
Oct 18, 2010 3:47 AM
Jun 2010
MorningGlory said:
Kyousuke has proved that he is the MAIN character of this Anime .

Somehow the Kirino in Anime is a bit nicer compare to the LN. She say thank you. =P

no, she did said, "thank you, brother." SHE EVEN SMILED in the Light Novel in the last scene!!!! yet in the anime she did not. WTF. what happened AIC? where's my battle scene with the old man?? where's my "throwing the ashtray", "drinking sake EQUALS 1000x times scary father" and "baby albums of Kirino" part?! im crying. it's as if i missed all the good parts of the show. T____T

haaaaay. still, i gotta salute to kyousuke. twas a real long speech. hahahaha. that's it, im not reading the LN until this series is finished. O.O
darkcrescendoOct 18, 2010 3:53 AM
Oct 18, 2010 3:56 AM
Jun 2010
saxophone15 said:
Wow...I can't believe he actually told his dad he likes eroge.

doubt he understood what it meant tho. :p
Oct 18, 2010 4:02 AM
Jun 2010
Iilia said:
guyklc said:

On to the actual episode... it was nice. Dramatic, would be a good description. The main thing I didn't like was how heated up Kyou got at his Dad. Do a lot of other people get away with talking like that to their parents? Because all that yelling would've gotten me in a hell of a lot of trouble when I was living at home.

yeah, apparently, in Japan, saying rude things to your parents means punching you square in the face. :) hahaha. kidding, well, maybe sometimes the way to have each other listen and understand, is to yell at each other... from Spice and Wolf . :p
Oct 18, 2010 4:09 AM

Jul 2010
"Falcon Pawnch!"

Kyousuke is a beast, going through all that just for his sister.
"I love anime! I love eroge!" =P

Manami was also cute wanting to lend her lap for Kyousuke to sleep on. =3

Good stuff, can't wait for the next episode! =D

Oct 18, 2010 4:09 AM
Jun 2010
-Quasar said:
nextday said:
Wow, this episode was awesome. Kyousuke's argument with his father was amazing.

I was not expecting him to go that far.

Actually, this scenario is far more better in the light novel and in the manga. You can see that Kirino tried to throw an ashtray to his father for saying her collection is worthless only to get bitched slap by his father. Then the argument between Kyouske and his father is much more intense since he tried to fight back when the father tried to take all of Kirino's collection in her room.

tl;dr still I also like what they did in the anime when Kyousuke pretended that it was his collection..

yes, in the LN he also did that and was also punched in the face. :3 yes, the ashtray! we only heard a THUD but we didnt actually see it. T^T and yes, Kyousuke talked twice to his father. the first one he said he will try to convince Kirino who went running out, to throw away her collection (so as to hinder their father from inspecting Kirino's room).. and the 2nd time was when his father SHOULD'VE been drinking, and that's when Kyousuke valiantly argued with his oni-father-of-a-police and he would persuade his father so deperately (as what he said in the LN). He was actually cooler in the LN, well since it was in the first person POV, nevertheless, he was still cool. :p
Oct 18, 2010 4:15 AM
Jun 2010
DoubleDango said:
They covered 1/2 of the novel in 3 episodes... wonder what the rest will be about.

1/2? i think they have around 4-5 volumes, and they have just covered just 1 volume of the Light Novel.. so there is enough, i think. ^^

CORRECTION: 6 volumes have already been released so far. :p

P.S. "Kyou-chan!!!" hahaha! Manami is so kawaiiiiiiii~~ <3
darkcrescendoOct 18, 2010 4:20 AM
Oct 18, 2010 4:27 AM
Jun 2008
darkcrescendo said:

no, she did said, "thank you, brother." SHE EVEN SMILED in the Light Novel in the last scene!!!! yet in the anime she did not. WTF. what happened AIC? where's my battle scene with the old man?? where's my "throwing the ashtray", "drinking sake EQUALS 1000x times scary father" and "baby albums of Kirino" part?! im crying. it's as if i missed all the good parts of the show. T____T
it seems I made some mistake in that part because I mix up with other stuff....the only part they miss out is " later I need some counselling "
darkcrescendo said:

I think Manami is more cuter than Kirino and yet Kyousuke doesn't appreciate such a treasure that is standing right in front of him =(
MorningGloryOct 18, 2010 4:52 AM
Oct 18, 2010 4:41 AM

Apr 2009
After this episode I realized that I'm really lucky that my parents don't have any problems with me watching anime and playing visual novels / eroges and sometimes even join me when I'm watching something.

Anyway, really good episode - I'd give it 4.5/5, but since it's not possible, then 5/5 is totally appropriate too.

Oct 18, 2010 4:47 AM

May 2008
Elite60 said:
Kyousuke got Falcon Punched by his dad after sticking up for Kirino. He has my respect. Kirino was super cute and the beginning gave some extra fan service.

FALCON PUNCH! YES! *Faints* haha i would love to have a brother like that or a cute sister like that =)

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 18, 2010 5:16 AM

Jun 2010
This episode was very awesome!
I learned a lot!
like what to do if i was in kirino's situation!
this anime is really getting nicer
Oct 18, 2010 5:19 AM

Aug 2010
greenmush said:
Elite60 said:
Kyousuke got Falcon Punched by his dad after sticking up for Kirino. He has my respect. Kirino was super cute and the beginning gave some extra fan service.

FALCON PUNCH! YES! *Faints* haha i would love to have a brother like that or a cute sister like that =)

I want a cute sister like that (not for dirty reasons but because I think it would be nice). I know they might become annoying but oh well.
Oct 18, 2010 5:25 AM

Sep 2010
zimno said:
It was a good final episode.
I give this 4 tear drops (7/10)

This is not a FINAL episode.....
Oct 18, 2010 5:32 AM

Jan 2010
BEST EPISODE SO FAR.
Wafu~ !
Oct 18, 2010 5:33 AM
Jun 2010
MorningGlory said:
darkcrescendo said:

it seems I made some mistake in that part because I mix up with other stuff....the only part they miss out is " later I need some counselling "
darkcrescendo said:

I think Manami is more cuter than Kirino and yet Kyousuke doesn't appreciate such a treasure that is standing right in front of him =(

no, he actually appreciates her being there for him. :) still, i haven't read volumes 2-6 and i know that many things have changed since volume 1.. oh noes. O.O my manami has her position endangered... T_T
Oct 18, 2010 5:35 AM

Jun 2010
‎1. If you don't want people to know that you are an otaku, don't walk around with any otaku merchandise in your bag.
2. If you want to walk around with any otaku merchandise in your bag, don't bump into anyone and end up dropping it.
3. If you want to bump into someone and drop said otaku merchandise, bump into your elder brother and not your father.
4. If you really want to bump into your father and drop said otaku merchandise, make sure your father IS NOT ZARAKI KENPACHI.
#LearnFromHerFail
Oct 18, 2010 5:41 AM

Feb 2008
Kyousuke's "confession" for eroge and anime is just awesome. Laughed really hard during that part. :D

Enjoyed this episode even though I saw such event happening from a mile, since this show has a pretty similar setup to Nogizaka. Now all is left is for the school to find out about her hobby next and it would be pretty disastrous.

Oct 18, 2010 6:08 AM

Jun 2009
Kyousuke admitting he likes eroge and anime is really funny. I can't believe Kirino said 'aniki' to Kyousuke. This really feels like the final episode but its not.

Oct 18, 2010 6:22 AM

May 2010
Save Little Sister. lol
Oct 18, 2010 7:21 AM

Jun 2008
I'm so glad my parents dosen't have anything against me being an otaku.
Oct 18, 2010 7:25 AM

Jul 2008
Kyousuke was amazing in this episode...also Kirino's "arigatou aniki" was so moeeeeee
+the image at the end was also great!
still I think this would have been better as the last ep
Oct 18, 2010 7:30 AM

Jun 2009
BlitzAceSamy said:
‎1. If you don't want people to know that you are an otaku, don't walk around with any otaku merchandise in your bag.
2. If you want to walk around with any otaku merchandise in your bag, don't bump into anyone and end up dropping it.
3. If you want to bump into someone and drop said otaku merchandise, bump into your elder brother and not your father.
4. If you really want to bump into your father and drop said otaku merchandise, make sure your father IS NOT ZARAKI KENPACHI.
#LearnFromHerFail

In the light novel the explanation for this was that there was an event where if you bring the original game to the event you get a signature from the author. So Kirino got really excited, grabbed the game and ran into her father when leaving the house. Game falls out of her bag, shit hits the fan.

darkcrescendo said:
-Quasar said:

yes, in the LN he also did that and was also punched in the face. :3 yes, the ashtray! we only heard a THUD but we didnt actually see it. T^T and yes, Kyousuke talked twice to his father. the first one he said he will try to convince Kirino who went running out, to throw away her collection (so as to hinder their father from inspecting Kirino's room).. and the 2nd time was when his father SHOULD'VE been drinking, and that's when Kyousuke valiantly argued with his oni-father-of-a-police and he would persuade his father so deperately (as what he said in the LN). He was actually cooler in the LN, well since it was in the first person POV, nevertheless, he was still cool. :p

Agreed, the novel did it better. Still it's a decent enough adaption of the scene. Though I think AIC is focusing on the wrong aspects of this show.

They should have placed the brothers inner narrative in the show. Like Kyon's narrative from Haruhi. On this episode they should have focused on the events of the discovery rather than that stuff at the beginning. It was a little bit too rushed.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Oct 18, 2010 7:31 AM

May 2009
Wow she bumped into someone AGAIN? overused plot device alert

Also this episode shouldve made kyou less generic for me but I was facepalm during the whole shout at his dad thing...very predictable trait, hmm how many times have I seen that before in a male lead..

Still enjoyed it overall, had more ritsu XD
Oct 18, 2010 7:48 AM

Nov 2008
Everything ends well with a single knockout. That image might come from the VN of OreImo sceduled to be released for the PSP in November or December. I want the theme of when Kyosuke was chasing after Kirino on my MP3 player, it's epic.

Oct 18, 2010 7:59 AM

Jul 2010
Chibi-Alice said:
I'm so glad my parents dosen't have anything against me being an otaku.
It's not as bad here as it is in Japan. Being an Otaku in Japan could make you really get looked down upon by many people (non-otaku's of course), which you can see in this series as well. The term Otaku is being taken quite lightly here, unlike there where it can be quite the 'insult'.
OnyxthegreatOct 18, 2010 8:07 AM

Oct 18, 2010 8:05 AM
Jun 2008
AidanAK47 said:
BlitzAceSamy said:
#LearnFromHerFail

In the light novel the explanation for this was that there was an event where if you bring the original game to the event you get a signature from the author. So Kirino got really excited, grabbed the game and ran into her father when leaving the house. Game falls out of her bag, shit hits the fan.

For me I think its The design of the house(sharp corner) is the cause of the accident......Of course ,getting excited is also part of it . =P
When walking down the staircase near entranceway, there is a blind spot in between both side.
Oct 18, 2010 8:33 AM

Nov 2008
I'd get my ass handed to me if I disrespected my father like that. There are other ways to get your point across without losing respect towards your birth givers. Though, his balls have grown immensely now.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 5, 2010

265 by DevlanStewart »»
Apr 21, 1:56 AM

» oreimo korean dub

149cart - Mar 2

3 by truth999 »»
Mar 5, 6:58 PM

» -

Takata - Feb 19, 2011

1 by Mattenan »»
Feb 21, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 9, 2010

263 by FapFipFop »»
Jan 11, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 19, 2010

423 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 4:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.