Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 27, 2008 2:25 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Somehow this episode doesnt look very good,i watched this and i think this was the worst ep so far ;( too bad.
May 27, 2008 9:50 PM

Aug 2007
Another...boring episode...
No new developments as of yet...
Also I like how the vampires are drenched in sunlight yet nothing happens to them.
/laughs inside.
May 28, 2008 3:21 AM

Apr 2008
Not much happened in this episode, but looking at the manga the anime should hopefully get better. :)

May 28, 2008 4:13 AM

Mar 2008
Generic episode, but the ending seems like things will pick up soon.
May 28, 2008 5:24 AM

Dec 2007
I liked that. At first it was a little boring but then I like that events. Compared to manga, it is worse. The graphics aren't so good but finally Ichiru shown himself. I've just learned that his seiyuu is Miyano,too. I didn't expect Maria Kurenai have the same color of eyes and hair with Zero. I always expect her blonde but I like it. Her reactions remind me Misa from death note. I hope the rest episodes are better.
May 28, 2008 6:07 AM

Mar 2008
hm... one of those episodes that are needed to drive the plot...
May 28, 2008 7:12 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
No matter how you look at it, it was better than the last few episodes....

At least there is a lot of plot development and we get to see more vampire powers... It is ironic that all the vampires, with the exception of the purebloods, have human blood in them...Even the nobles are not "pure". Only few families like the Kuran are indeed the most ancient form of the vampires (and the most powerful). By drinking the blood of other vampires, you can partially gain their powers. That is why everyone is interested in drinking the blood of a pureblood. A taboo...indeed....but I wonder who will break (or has broken) it....:)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 28, 2008 8:15 AM

Jan 2008
very slow but some more insight on Kaname which is good :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2008 8:48 AM

Jul 2007
Shiki is the man! er I mean vampire. how cool is it that he uses his blood as weapon? if this series had more action and less mushy pointless angst it would've been awesome. anyway this ep was ok... better than the last few.. more Shiki and Ichijou onegaishimasu~
May 28, 2008 9:55 AM

Nov 2007
the_crystal said:
I didn't expect Maria Kurenai have the same color of eyes and hair with Zero. I always expect her blonde but I like it.

I too always visualized Maria's hair to be blonde too. And what about Ichijou's grandfather, Ichiou's flesh-colored beard? *creeped out* It was disturbing.
May 28, 2008 12:25 PM

Mar 2008
wow was it me or did yuuki blush when thanking zero?? *runs around*
and ahhh dear i sense a rival, cant wait for ep 9 XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2008 12:39 PM
Dec 2007
Oh, some kind of plot finally !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 28, 2008 2:32 PM

Jan 2008
I actually really liked this episode, but it may have only been because Shiki finally got some screentime! I love him so much! :) Yuki never learns, every time she goes to the town a new vampire tries to attack her, she's so naive!
May 28, 2008 4:38 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Woot! This anime just became much better with the appearance of a character voiced by Nakahara Mai-sama!

Episode was alright.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 28, 2008 4:58 PM

Mar 2008
Waii-- another great ep *_*
May 28, 2008 6:21 PM

Feb 2008
i don't find this episode boring, it is following manga well.

May 28, 2008 6:25 PM

Jan 2008
I thought it was a great episode, looks like things are going to get interesting now to.
May 28, 2008 6:27 PM

Apr 2008
One of my favorites so far x33 (what's kind of strange since this ep didn't have a lot of Zero x Yuki xDD)
The first part with only the vampires was so wonderful x3 Although Yuki sounded strange when she appeared xDD I had almost forgotten that she was suposed to appear xDD
And Rima's got screentime *-* As well as Luca x3
I love that the anime is giving screentime to everyone, not like the manga ;P

Oh, and Maria was perfect x3 Although I had imagined her hair in a lighter purple... ;P
May 28, 2008 6:30 PM

Aug 2007
TheMoonShinigami said:
I thought it was a great episode, looks like things are going to get interesting now to.

hopefully : p
May 28, 2008 7:31 PM

Sep 2007
The eps was alright nothing special... the best part was the end
May 28, 2008 8:40 PM

Feb 2008
lol i always feel like the episode is gonna be a lot worse than it seems... so far im only watching it cause i started it and i just gotta finish it.but man..it had better get exciting...
May 28, 2008 10:24 PM

May 2008
Better than the last few episodes, but it's still not that great yet. Zero's the best part of this series for me so far. It would be nice to see something besides Yuki almost getting eaten by a level E every time she leaves the school, then getting saved by Zero or Kaname.
May 28, 2008 11:36 PM

Aug 2007
It was an OK episode- not great, but not bad. It feels like the show will start to really pick up soon (I hope). I'm still enjoying watching it, but I'm not anxiously awaiting each new episode.
May 29, 2008 1:31 AM

Jan 2008
yeah, it looks like things will get interesting. XD
May 29, 2008 3:20 AM

Feb 2008
I actually liked this episode. Seems like things will get very interesting now.
May 29, 2008 4:38 AM

Mar 2008
i found it an average episode, it promises bigger development next episode so i await that one.
vampire politics seem difficult :D

MAL list updates
May 29, 2008 6:43 AM

Jun 2007
The girl at the end (forgot what's her name), reminds me of Road. Very irritating.

May 29, 2008 10:56 AM

Jul 2007
myth720 said:
Shiki is the man! er I mean vampire. how cool is it that he uses his blood as weapon? if this series had more action and less mushy pointless angst it would've been awesome. anyway this ep was ok... better than the last few.. more Shiki and Ichijou onegaishimasu~

Yeah~ Shiki <3

The rest was kinda blah.. and seriously, does Yuuki HAVE to follow Zero into a dangerous place every episode?! It's making me really annoyed.

I have hopes for the plot now tho.. there might actually be some soon.
May 29, 2008 11:22 AM

Dec 2007
I really liked Shiki and Rima, they're just like couple and modelsXD Especially Shiki's ability is great. In the anime we can understand his power easily than manga. I really wanted them on screen much longer^^ I think the next 2 episodes will be great about events, finally Maria shown herself=)
May 29, 2008 12:37 PM

Jul 2007
Nakahara Mai~ <3 Now I just have to like this series.
Auau hauu hauu auau auu-wa hauuau~
May 29, 2008 2:53 PM

Apr 2008
Just because it's Vampire Knight, I loved it! ^_^

Of course, I think the coolest part had to be the vampire using his own blood as a weapon. WOW!
May 29, 2008 9:01 PM

Jun 2007
wakka9ca said:

At least there is a lot of plot development and we get to see more vampire powers... It is ironic that all the vampires, with the exception of the purebloods, have human blood in them...Even the nobles are not "pure". Only few families like the Kuran are indeed the most ancient form of the vampires (and the most powerful). By drinking the blood of other vampires, you can partially gain their powers. That is why everyone is interested in drinking the blood of a pureblood. A taboo...indeed....but I wonder who will break (or has broken) it....:)

Its not "power" they gain, it's knowledge and respect. Kaname's lived longer than any of them and has learned many things. So who wouldn't want to understand and learn the same things he has up to this point.

I'm pretty surprised theres only 1 pure blood so far. I would have expected to at least meet 1 more in these last few eps.
May 30, 2008 9:35 AM

Nov 2007
Yuuki's hopelessness at doing anything other than being rescued by Zero and/or Kaname in every episode is getting on my nerves. I'm half-considering dropping this if the next episode is as boring as this one.
May 30, 2008 9:41 AM

Apr 2008
I liked this episode alright, though it wasn't one of the best ones.

I'm pretty curious about what's gonna happen next *bounces*
May 31, 2008 2:04 AM

Feb 2008
Shiki and Rima <333

Also, Maria and Ichiru finally appear... I love this part of manga.
May 31, 2008 10:13 AM

Feb 2008
TheMoonShinigami said:

Same.
I can't complain about it, I also enjoyed the fight. Shiki's power is interesting. Blood eh? That girl at the end looks interesting ;]
Someone else said she reminded them of Misa. She does a bit, if she is like that then I'll like her for sure.
May 31, 2008 10:48 AM

Nov 2007
u guys are picky critics U__U

May 31, 2008 6:23 PM

Jun 2007
Ok episode. At least it didnt make me say 'please end quickly' haa...
May 31, 2008 10:01 PM

Aug 2007
Good ep.. oh Maria is coming~

May 31, 2008 10:45 PM

Jun 2007
alugirl613 said:
I too always visualized Maria's hair to be blonde too. And what about Ichijou's grandfather, Ichiou's flesh-colored beard? *creeped out* It was disturbing.

Yup, that beard was certainly weird. And I always envisioned Maria to be a blonde too. :P

I thought it was a great episode. Although Yuuki continues to really piss me off, the plot is finally moving along nicely. I can't wait for Maria to arrive at the academy~
Jun 1, 2008 1:58 AM

Mar 2008
sanjica said:
Shiki and Rima <333

Also, Maria and Ichiru finally appear... I love this part of manga.

ohh same here =]
although i didn't imagine maria so little girlish - and i imagined her blonde too.
lol at Shurtugal spoiler! i totally agree - although now that she seems younger than i imagined that scene will look a lot different than i imagined lol.
and lol ichiru just standing there inconspicuously making all the non manga readers think "oo who's that dude?"

and shiki <3 !!
cool power too, like someone else said before SO much easier to understand the powers in the anime compared to the manga.
Jun 1, 2008 5:36 PM

May 2008
Is that girl at the end the one who turned Zero into a Vampire? O_O;
Jun 1, 2008 6:40 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:
wakka9ca said:

Its not "power" they gain, it's knowledge and respect. Kaname's lived longer than any of them and has learned many things. So who wouldn't want to understand and learn the same things he has up to this point.

I'm pretty surprised theres only 1 pure blood so far. I would have expected to at least meet 1 more in these last few eps.

Actually it is also power and be assured it is.....That is why....anyway, you'll see it if the anime doesn't deviate from the manga....

Although you are right, knowledge and emotions are also shared when vampire drink vampire blood (this is similar to Anne Rice's vampires)

And by the way, Kaname has not lived much longer than the others. Being a pure-blood doesn't necessarily mean he was born millenia ago. In fact, even though his age is not shown, he shouldn't be much older than Yuuki. After all, he was seen in a younger state when Yuuki was a child.

And the second pure-blood that will appear is the mistress of the girl Maria that appeared at the end of the episode. She is the one that turned Zero into a vampire (not the actual girl, she is only a vessel possessed by Shizuka)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 1, 2008 7:53 PM

Apr 2008
Dang, it's pretty boring. Even more boring since I read the manga...
Jun 2, 2008 8:25 PM
Feb 2008
I liked

but, nothing special =P
Jun 3, 2008 10:12 AM

Feb 2008
lol @flesh-colored beard. Ichiou's role was kind of useless here, but it was interesting to learn more about Kaname and the other vampires. Plus, the scenes with Zero and Yuki in the bathroom and near the end of the ep were great. ;)
Jun 3, 2008 12:18 PM

Nov 2007
A decent ep. providing some good background. I'm more curious now about how vampires work in the VK universe. So far we know they're governed by a senate (sort of), there are different classes of vampires (purebloods, etc.), and vampires can age, at least to a point -- unless Ichijou's grandfather is actually young-looking under that beard. I really liked seeing more of the other vampires, too. I hope in the future they take on a bigger role.

On the down side, of course, Yuuki wandered into town and got attacked AGAIN.

Then again, that vampire was kind of amusing. "The climax!"? Yeah ... After all, if vampirism = sex, then this is pretty much a soap opera about sex addicts ^^;

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Jun 11, 2008 11:13 AM

Dec 2007
muhahahas !!!! i love kaname ^^ hmms . but funny thing . how come the lil bro ichiru didnt run away ? hmms ~

Jun 29, 2008 2:50 PM

Feb 2008
yeah not the best ep

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Jul 26, 2008 11:35 AM

Jun 2008
Stupid Yuuki why she always go to the dangerous places, it's annoying!!!
Funny was when Ichijou's found out that his grandfuther was coming, his face and etc he he :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - May 1, 2008

75 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chryseis - Apr 7, 2008

189 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BrokenTrinkets - Jun 24, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:18 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kYem - May 19, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:17 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ohmiharu - Jun 30, 2008

137 by noa_moment »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.