Forum Settings
Forums

Model City's Proposal for Collaboration Puts Yosuga no Sora Staff In Dilemma

New
Oct 15, 2010 1:36 AM

Feb 2008
According to the official websites of anime and game, Yosuga no Sora will participate in the autumn Shinto festival of Kabasaki Hachimangu Shrine and the arts of the anime will be exhibited there. Ashikaga City and Kabasaki Hachimangu are the model city and shrine of Yosuga no Sora.

Arts of Yosuga no Sora and the photos of Ashikaga City

A publicity staff of Sphere, the manufacturer of the game, tweeted that he has been very busy receiving inquiries from the commerce society, the city council, the board of education and the tourism association of Ashikaga City. Anime tourism has become a common method to promote the local cities. Sengoku BASARA and Lucky ☆ Star are successful examples. However, game manufacturers are always worrying about the antipathy against adult games among the general public. The publicity staff had a hard time to minimize the involvement in the festival and save face of Ashikaga City at the same time. He said he will take full responsibility for anything that would be evoked by Yosuga no Sora's attendance at the festival.

Sources: Yosuga no Sora Anime official website, Sphere official web diary, Katahito's twitter
Related topics: Researchers Publish a 198 Page Article about Lucky Star
Sengoku BASARA Boosts Sales of a Local Beer Tenfold
dtshykOct 15, 2010 1:39 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 15, 2010 2:05 AM

Jan 2010
LOL a city got popular just because of Lucky star that's a hilarious thing i ever heard
Oct 15, 2010 2:06 AM

Nov 2008
So, the city wants to promote themselves by associating their city with a hentai game, one with an incestuous route at that?

I wonder how that is supposed to work. It's not like that Yosuga is as popular as Lucky Star (with KyoAni hype) or Sengoku Basara (which had a prime-time early-evening slot for its second season), is it?

Also, Yosuga-related education? About what? Incest?
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Oct 15, 2010 3:16 AM

Jul 2009
if your gonna pick an anime with hentai themes at least pick oreimo...least thats not as bad a yosuga
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2010 3:16 AM

Dec 2009
I'm sure no sane human would avoid that city because of an incestuous anime ...
Oct 15, 2010 3:18 AM

Nov 2007
xD sounds good to me i wouldent mind having mah city proting a hentai game xD

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Oct 15, 2010 3:37 AM

Feb 2010
FOE-tan said:
So, the city wants to promote themselves by associating their city with a hentai game, one with an incestuous route at that?

I wonder how that is supposed to work. It's not like that Yosuga is as popular as Lucky Star (with KyoAni hype) or Sengoku Basara (which had a prime-time early-evening slot for its second season), is it?

Touché.... "Ashikaga City - Promoting incest since 2010"; may be a good slogan, who knows...?
Oct 15, 2010 3:42 AM

Nov 2008
alwaysbored said:
"God said that a brother should never make love with his sister."

I'm an atheist myself, but strongly religious people who may or may not be sane in every other aspect of their lives may object to this. It's not like Yosuga is the only tourist attraction this place has, you know.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Oct 15, 2010 3:44 AM

Sep 2008
Jonijonh said:
FOE-tan said:

Touché.... "Ashikaga City - Promoting incest since 2010"; may be a good slogan, who knows...?

Also, "Bring your brother or sister to the festival and receive a free condom".
Oct 15, 2010 5:12 AM

Nov 2008
i guess it's ok
Oct 15, 2010 5:55 AM

Oct 2009
alwaysbored said:

Yeah. I agree with you. :(
Oct 15, 2010 2:31 PM

May 2009
The idea's not bad because it really pulls in tourism dollars from the series' fans. The problem is that the city would be associated with a hentai game. Just makes you wonder how desperate the city is to make a fast buck
Oct 15, 2010 2:42 PM

Nov 2008
It will lure Westerners and Japanese alike who liked the show there, the problem is that it won't be a family friendily association if this becomes a big success or will it. Anything for a few billion yen these days. It's not a very bad idea considering the risks and I am enjoying the series so far, wonder if some figures or other character merchandise will be made for sale, I would want that kind of merchandise.

Oct 16, 2010 7:20 AM

Mar 2010
mikhailn said:
The idea's not bad because it really pulls in tourism dollars from the series' fans. The problem is that the city would be associated with a hentai game. Just makes you wonder how desperate the city is to make a fast buck

Recently reading this i say that there going to do it, it well be good to see how things go people well be exposed somehow

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 17, 2010 6:26 PM

Jul 2009
Denmark-Chan said:
if your gonna pick an anime with hentai themes at least pick oreimo...

It's not any better. Plus, Yosuga's siblings are way hotter than Oreimo's IMHO ;P

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 27, 2010 2:21 AM
Jan 2010
BitchMaster said:
Denmark-Chan said:

It's not any better. Plus, Yosuga's siblings are way hotter than Oreimo's IMHO ;P

Meh, Kirino > Sora IMO
Nov 10, 2010 11:44 AM

Aug 2008
Once again, Japan is overreacting. It's not like hentai is the only thing Yosuga has to offer. I know the anime made the whole story rushed, but it seemed like there are actual depths to the characters in Yosuga. Besides, I think most tourists in that place have never even heard of Yosuga no Sora, let alone know what it's about.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 10, 2010 2:43 PM

Nov 2008
guyklc said:
Once again, Japan is overreacting. It's not like hentai is the only thing Yosuga has to offer. I know the anime made the whole story rushed, but it seemed like there are actual depths to the characters in Yosuga. Besides, I think most tourists in that place have never even heard of Yosuga no Sora, let alone know what it's about.

But they might want to find out about the series especially if a sign stating that this city promotes Yosuga no Sora is posted and that's where the problems lie. Anyway it got too painful to watch so it had to be dropped, it's becoming School Days + Arc system - Nice Boat.

Nov 10, 2010 4:10 PM

Sep 2008
BitchMaster said:
Denmark-Chan said:

I agree, even if OreImo has Okazaki Tomoya. Besides OreImo is cute, so you know what the creators wanted for a reaction... sort of... okay, not really.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2010 1:32 PM

Aug 2008
Hoppy said:
guyklc said:

But they might want to find out about the series especially if a sign stating that this city promotes Yosuga no Sora is posted and that's where the problems lie. Anyway it got too painful to watch so it had to be dropped, it's becoming School Days + Arc system - Nice Boat.

Well, like I said, Yosuga no Sora isn't pure hentai; it actually has some story and character behind. Since the anime's stories are terribly rushed, I'm sure the original VN explains them better.

Also, how is this even remotely similar to School Days?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 24, 2010 8:49 PM

Jun 2008
guyklc said:
Hoppy said:
guyklc said:

Well, like I said, Yosuga no Sora isn't pure hentai; it actually has some story and character behind. Since the anime's stories are terribly rushed, I'm sure the original VN explains them better.

Also, how is this even remotely similar to School Days?

what he said, How did this become School Days, please elaborate.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 3 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
31 minutes ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
1 hour ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

1 by EcchiGodMamster »»
2 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
3 hours ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.