Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2010 7:09 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok that's pretty awesome!

I ttly guessed it was BulmaxVegeta, the whole "Servant women, bring me a drying cloth!" scene gave it away.

Trunks is BFA!!!
Now I'm dying to watch "The History of Trunks", but I'll wait, b/c I'm an order whore, and have to watch everything in exact release order.

So, are they gonna pull a DB and skip ahead 2.5 years or something?
Or, maybe, randomly jump through the years?

The androids sound awesome, and it doesn't look like this arc is to ridiculously long, the Freiza arc took way too long.
I almost dropped this show when he came back to Earth with his father! LOL!

A nice start to what seems it will be a great arc.

Urahara Out!!

Sent with Mal Updater
LunaDec 6, 2013 4:20 AM
Nov 22, 2013 7:07 AM

May 2012
Oh wow this was awesome character and story development, just thought something like that already that he came out of the future or something but didn't guessed it would be the son of Bulma and Vegeta :p Pretty funny though xD

Either way Goku has become way stronger once more, owned that dude almost with only one finger :p

Oh well lets see what's next!
Dec 2, 2013 2:35 PM
Sep 2010
I freaking new Vegeta and Bulma were going to get together. She was always so nice to him and he always listened and did everything she told him to do. Yamacha lucked out but then that's what he gets for stringing her along for so long.
Uploader53
Dec 21, 2013 6:18 AM

Jun 2009
These last few episodes are some of the best of the entire series IMO.
Dec 29, 2013 7:53 PM

Apr 2010
Tyestor said:
These last few episodes are some of the best of the entire series IMO.

Hell yea. I'm watching it subbed and I'm glad I got a better explanation of Yamcha/Bulma/Vegeta. I can't believe the a-hole cheated on her. I mean, gosh. How full of yourself could you get? >.>

Jan 27, 2014 7:55 AM

Oct 2009
KitaTsuki said:
Hell yea. I'm watching it subbed and I'm glad I got a better explanation of Yamcha/Bulma/Vegeta. I can't believe the a-hole cheated on her. I mean, gosh. How full of yourself could you get? >.>

I don't think it was true, Bulma probably just made that up. Still I'm amazed she put up with him for so long (twelve fucking years, twelve, can you believe that? And that's at the very least, probably even more) because he's an ass. Why haven't he still proposed to her? What in the hell is he thinking? So he got what he deserved, I don't pity him, she's too good for him
Feb 8, 2014 6:26 PM

Dec 2013
This all is just insane. Bulma and Vageta? I never would have guesses! I am also so glad the new guy is on their side, I was worried it would be a trap, but the story is far more complicated and should be really interesting!
Feb 8, 2014 6:28 PM

Oct 2009
KyouMagichi said:
This all is just insane. Bulma and Vageta? I never would have guesses!

Well she had being showing interest in him for some time now (since the very first moment she saw him on Planet Namek), it's just that I didn't expect she would really go out with him. But it's not out of the blue
SerhiykoFeb 21, 2014 3:32 PM
Feb 21, 2014 3:26 PM

Jan 2013
Well wow... so my memory was right... I mean it was obvious that he was from the future and the son of Vegeta, not so obvious about Bulma even I was a bit surprised.

But in my memory it was so clear that I saw Vegeta and a woman that had the same hair color as Bulma (I can't remember her face there but now it's obvious that it's her). They were in a house on top of a cliff and I think Vegeta was in a pink shirt there too. It's so weird to have the memory of that episode and go trough these episodes and look at Vegeta the same way as everyone did until now xD. I found it funny xD.
Aug 10, 2014 8:19 PM

Jul 2014
I don't get why Trunks thought that Goku would be too late to save Earth. As a Saiyan/person from the future, who grew up in a world that wasn't destroyed by Frieza, shouldn't he have known that Goku could stop Frieza, and that he didn't need to step in? This way, like he said, he could have came later when Goku was alone to ensure that his identity was kept a secret from the others.

Edit: Come to think of it, things could've been much simpler if Trunks came back in time and killed Dr. Gero before he could even make the Androids.
niggaAug 10, 2014 8:30 PM
Aug 11, 2014 4:53 AM

Oct 2009
nigga said:
This way, like he said, he could have came later when Goku was alone to ensure that his identity was kept a secret from the others.

He probably really did want to come later, but the problem is that his time machine isn't that precise.

nigga said:
Edit: Come to think of it, things could've been much simpler if Trunks came back in time and killed Dr. Gero before he could even make the Androids.

He didn't know about Dr. Gero's location

nigga said:
As a Saiyan/person from the future, who grew up in a world that wasn't destroyed by Frieza, shouldn't he have known that Goku could stop Frieza, and that he didn't need to step in?

Well he factually is in different timeline, which may (and actually is - you'll see that later) be different from his own. Besides, he could have changed the events somehow even without knowing
Jan 30, 2016 5:19 AM

May 2013
Wow, there's been a string of amazing episodes. The idea of Bulma/Vegeta excites me, I always knew that it happened watching from when I was younger but I never knew how so learning will be very exciting! Trunks is so interesting, I can't wait to see what unfolds from this.

Mar 26, 2016 9:54 AM

Aug 2013
Piccolo listening in was great, rewatching DBZ has really given me a new appreciation for him.
Jul 1, 2016 10:44 AM

Feb 2016
Pretty shocked that Vegeta hasn't came out and demanded how to become a super saiyan.

Pretty nice setup episode for what's to come. Looking forward to it.
KiytechJul 6, 2016 11:48 PM

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Jul 16, 2016 6:55 PM

Sep 2013
Awesome! This saga is when things really start getting good. Future Trunks kicks ass!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 24, 2018 4:14 PM

Nov 2017
That was an awesome episode, so now that they've been warned about the future they might be able to save some lives from the androids. Who was Dr Gero again? Wasn't he the kind guy who fixed Eighter's body and also made him?

Well either way it's great to know Vegeta and Bulma give birth to someone as awesome as Trunks. And now that Goku won't get diseased in a year, he could actually lend a helping hand and hopefully let everyone win.
You can't miss something until it's gone.
Mar 19, 2019 8:19 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Well THIS was an amazing episode <3
Rly cant wait for the next saga to come.
Even If I am not sure that I will get crazy again half way through but for now I am hyped xD

Jun 29, 2019 8:43 PM

Jul 2008
Time travel hijinks ahead!!! Don't you mess it up Goku.
Jan 11, 2020 3:03 AM

Mar 2010
I think it was a great idea from Toriyama to go this direction in the story. For me as well the Future Trunks saga is simply amazing, very well executed, in the Anime as well.

The things revealed were all kinda shocking. I only wondered why Bulma did not put more thought into why he was wearing Capsule Corp stuff and also using the Hoipoi-Capsules.

Also it must have been hard for Trunks to keep quiet, as in his future his father (and Goku) were both dead, so he couldnt even be sure they made it this time. So he might have seen his father the last time there...

Jun 6, 2020 11:21 AM

Aug 2018
WTF... another bruh moment episode. Goku appear and he finds out that he will die, again. And Trunk instead go back in time to kill that doctor he thinks lets fight with Freeza because maybe Goku will not appear in time....?? But you are from future , you supposed to know if Goku will appear in time or not
Aug 7, 2020 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, I kind of figured out most of the mystery of Trunks. The way he discreetly tried sneaking in glances at his future father, the Capsule Corporation logo, and the slight blush that overtook his cheeks whenever his eyes took on the sight of young Bulma all make sense now. Not to mention the slight resemblance between Trunks and Vegeta made note by Krillin and Bulma and how he can transform into a Super Saiyan. They were giving away too many hints. Still, it must have been a hard ordeal for Trunks to keep quiet upon meeting his father for the first time. He sure has a strong will, and a calm head to match it.

It is interesting to see The Red Ribbon Army brought up again. If I am not mistaken, Dr. Gero was the one who made Eighter. I have to say, it is quite pleasant to bring up a dangerous situation related to the world-renowned villainous group The Red Ribbon Army again. It is giving me nostalgic flashbacks.
Oct 5, 2020 8:24 PM
May 2019
Ah, so it's exactly as I thought - Trunks is, in fact, from the future, and the child of Vegeta and Bulma. So, apparently, being from the future, he is informing about the dangers that are to come. Well, well, this is going to be interesting. They will all have to train hard now. Oh, and we finally get to hear about the Red Ribbon Army again. When was the last time, in the middle of the original series?
Oct 20, 2020 2:41 PM
Aug 2015
This is why DB is LEGENDARY!!! I LOVEEE THIS ANIME
Jun 16, 2021 7:04 PM

Jul 2016
The last several episodes have been a blast to view. I skipped some of the Garlic Jr. saga and.. well.. when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in :). I'm sure the Android saga will maintain the same formula of prolonging everything, but the Dragon Ball franchise truly is one of the greats either way.

Sep 1, 2022 2:43 PM
Aug 2020
Big time plot hehehe
Oct 16, 2022 3:06 PM

Sep 2020
Holy, this episode was insane. Goku dying of a virus? Bulma + Vegeta, hahah no way. So much new info was revealed which made the episode heck of a fun ride to watch. Was getting bored during the Garlic Jr. arc, and I started to slack off watching the whole show, but this motivated me to continue the grind.
Aug 18, 2023 5:37 PM
Nov 2009
yes, Bulma was flirting with Vegeta in front of Yamcha while they were still dating but Yamcha is the 'cheater' uh I doubt it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 117 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 13, 2013

17 by GeoRush »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
Today, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 227 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

10 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.