Forum Settings
Forums
xxxHOLiC Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2010 11:04 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 15, 2010 4:35 PM

Aug 2007
O.o Himawari has a husband!

Kohane looks so cute now

that girl looks like Yuuko. I want to know who is she.

waiting for chapter 210
Oct 22, 2010 5:12 PM

Dec 2007
T.T Why does it have to be so slow?!?!?!?! *Can't wait 'till next chapter*
Oct 22, 2010 6:28 PM

Aug 2008
WTF is ALL HUSBAND. WTF AGAIN

BUT KOHANE u be fine now.
Oct 23, 2010 5:37 AM
May 2008
I know I shouldn't be surprised that Himawari has a husband, but man...it still surprised me. It makes sense though, seeing as how Watanuki's admiration for her seemed more or less innocent back then and added to the fact that he's now become the owner of the store is even more reason why they couldn't be together.
Oct 23, 2010 6:42 AM

Jul 2009
I thought we already knew Himawari had a husband, or maybe I just assumed she did. I wonder what kind of spirit that girl is and what she's going to do.
Oct 23, 2010 7:37 AM

Dec 2008
Himawari - We knew she was married from the last time they spoke on the phone. Before she married she made her husband promise that she could always visit Watanuki on his birthday.

As always short chapter progression, but I like that this chapter had so many character interactions
Oct 23, 2010 8:53 AM

Feb 2008
they sure have a way to end a chapter....right in the middle of it.

they sort of alluded to the fact she had a husband. for a second i thought she was having a long distance relationship with wata but that wasn't it. in the anime they do say it directly.

kohane is mature looking but she is still just as reserved as shes always been.
Oct 23, 2010 9:04 AM

Mar 2008
she is a Clamp magazine
Oct 23, 2010 9:55 AM

Nov 2009
The husband detail reinforced; It sort of feels weird though. I am confused about the kohane scene's purpose or implications. Was it just to show how time is still passing and how he is still longing for Yuuko?

I couldn't make out who was saying what for the last few pages -.- Not that it looked like it makes sense.
Oct 23, 2010 10:42 AM

May 2009
I always though Kohane was cute... but this time i was practically drooling XD she's become so beatiful, i hope she gets Wata in the end XD
Oct 23, 2010 11:25 AM
May 2009
lol helur

same here

but that was a huge time skip...
Oct 23, 2010 1:12 PM

Dec 2008
Watanuki to Spirit: "I'll show you what I am..."
WTF is Watanuki??? Have his powers caused him to become something other than human?
...and I think Kohane and Doumeki are an item.
Oct 23, 2010 1:20 PM

Feb 2009
Himawari is married which is great, now it is about time Kohane found someone also then there will be no human rival for Domeki ^_~

minimiau said:
that girl looks like Yuuko. I want to know who is she.
I don't think the new apparition is female though and I don't see the resemblance with Yuuko.
Oct 23, 2010 3:06 PM

Aug 2010
Zell182 said:
I thought we already knew Himawari had a husband, or maybe I just assumed she did.

lol. i guess only some people knew she was married because it wasn't clearly stated till now.

i hate how the chapters always end at the good parts :(
Oct 23, 2010 7:58 PM

Apr 2008
Himawari's marital status wasn't confirmed in the manga. As far as I'm aware of, the only place it was mentioned was in the xxxHolic OVA, which isn't technically canon. But with this chapter it's official. And Watanuki is slowly losing ties to the present, as friends start to age and get married.

I wonder how Himawari was able to get married with the curse around her...
Oct 23, 2010 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
This was where the Rou OVA started, right? (I still need to see that.)

Nothing new here, really, since I'd heard about all this before, but I'm kind of hoping this means the plot's going to start to move again soon.

Older Kohane looked pretty too, and...
dreamingsamurai said:

I wonder how Himawari was able to get married with the curse around her...

this. Hopefully CLAMP'll answer that in the next chapter or two.
Oct 24, 2010 1:07 AM
Mar 2010
Im RLY dissapointed that Himawari has a husband >.<
Oct 24, 2010 3:42 AM

Oct 2010
*Really stupid question*

I haven't read the manga for quite a while now so I'm hoping someone would please be able to answer my question.

How many time-skips have there been? and how long were each of them? (manga only)

Thanks
Oct 24, 2010 10:22 AM

Sep 2008
And after I told all my friends the OVA was wrong and that Himawari wasn't married, here comes CLAMP and say she is. Damn. I wonder if we'll get any more information about it.
Oct 24, 2010 11:45 AM

Mar 2009
..but isnt himawari cursed? i really wonder "what" her husband is..

@simmianprime: i think there is only 1 time skip..which is 4 years
Oct 24, 2010 3:48 PM

Feb 2008
It's really strange to think of Himawari being married. My goodness, our little girl sure has grown up. I'd love to know who (or what) her husband is to be able to live with her despite the curse.

Kohane's gorgeous. That is all. Her hair looks amazing. CLAMP seriously needs to do a color spread of the grown up Kohane-chan. I really wonder what's going on in Watanuki's head in the panels where Himawari was talking about Kohane and later when he told Kohane that he was just thinking how beautiful she's become. Watanuki is so unreadable these days. I feel like he's thinking way more than he's actually saying.

The little "girl" reminds me of Ashura for some reason.
Oct 24, 2010 5:46 PM

Apr 2008
memeki said:
This was where the Rou OVA started, right? (I still need to see that.)
Yup, it was xxxHolic Rou, where the Himawari there was found to be married. The story from that OVA isn't in the manga though.

celty said:
Im RLY dissapointed that Himawari has a husband >.<
yeah...well, me too. but that's the price he has to pay to have a chance to meet Yuuko again.

simmianprime said:
How many time-skips have there been? and how long were each of them? (manga only)
To be honest, I'm not sure myself, since there wasn't anything obvious like 'One Year Later' (like in Battlestar Galactica ^_^). I'm guessing at least two, or maybe three, based on how the people look older. Obviously, the first one where Doumeki is in college and Kohane was in high school. The second, when Kohane was in college. Kohane in this chapter seems to be older than last time as well.
Oct 26, 2010 10:58 PM

Aug 2008
Yeh there has been at least two timeskips.... First one when we came to know that Watanuki is ties down to keep the shop going and Doumeki is a University student.... At least two years after Yuuko disappeared... Just when xXxHOLiC started to be Rou.... then a second one when Doumeki is already a graduate,supports a teacher and Kohane starts studying in Doumeki's Uni.... Hmmmm I guess it's been 5 or 7 years since Yuuko disappeared

Well this chappie was much interesting than the last one! This one had a lot of substance!! First of all... Himawari having a hubby.... Or at least we confirming that she really has a hubby! My goshness! Well what else could we expect from himawari... She was cute and sexy... and she wasn't really in love with Watanuki.. she just saw him as a friend.... a good funney and happy friend... Poor Watanuki... being boxed in a onesided love.... Well at least that matter is solved....

Then Kohane... could she be Watanuki's new love interest? Nope I don't think so... YOu know why? because when it comes to CLAMP, most of the characs are pretty muhc uninterested on love unless they well, might sound stupid, but LOVE another charac and try to show it openly... like CCS and TRC sets of Sakuras and Syaorans.... also Fai and Kurogane... another remarkable characteristic of CLAMP's pairings is that they never change, if a connection is established it never brokens, so then they don't suddenly turn around and find another couple....

Well Dunno what the scene with Kohane really means... Prolly it was just another space for culture promotion... We've gotten some of those recently, so I wouldn't be surprised if its purpose was to only explain the parts of a Kimono... What Kohane said was interesting... "Feels like a robe Yuuko would use..." Indeed kind of... but just as Wata said "You can be at peace, it's I accquiared after I began running the shop"

And that scene... Dude I almost shitted my pants since I thought it was Yuuko! But nope... It wasn't Yuuko but another spirit that had the Yuuko feel... or more or less looks... You know after while she reminds me of Kagami (Kojika) Oh well i guess next chappie will be much more interesting since the mystery about the spirit will be unveiled!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2010 10:59 AM

Sep 2008
Awawa!
Kohane looks absolutely stunning now.
That new girl was quite something too...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2010 7:11 PM

Jan 2008
LucySky said:

That. Thank you. She looks beyond familiar and that is the route I would go with it too.
Nov 2, 2010 12:11 PM

Aug 2008
simmianprime said:
*Really stupid question*

I haven't read the manga for quite a while now so I'm hoping someone would please be able to answer my question.

Thanks

1 time skip definite one which was like 4 years when they should have been in college by now

then 1 or 2 more but u can't really tel how much time passed, after it most visibly seen through Kohane aging
Nov 28, 2010 4:40 AM

Jul 2007
CLAMP are masters of mindfuck.

Himawari should look like Yuuko.

Kohane looks like Yuuko.

The placement of reveal of that new spirit/whatever was made in a way so she looked like Yuuko....

CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

5/5
Dec 25, 2010 2:56 PM

Feb 2008
AoiMemori said:
LucySky said:

That. Thank you. She looks beyond familiar and that is the route I would go with it too.
THIS.

I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.
May 24, 2011 7:27 PM

Aug 2010
rebwaters said:
Yeh there has been at least two timeskips.... First one when we came to know that Watanuki is ties down to keep the shop going and Doumeki is a University student.... At least two years after Yuuko disappeared... Just when xXxHOLiC started to be Rou.... then a second one when Doumeki is already a graduate,supports a teacher and Kohane starts studying in Doumeki's Uni.... Hmmmm I guess it's been 5 or 7 years since Yuuko disappeared

Well this chappie was much interesting than the last one! This one had a lot of substance!! First of all... Himawari having a hubby.... Or at least we confirming that she really has a hubby! My goshness! Well what else could we expect from himawari... She was cute and sexy... and she wasn't really in love with Watanuki.. she just saw him as a friend.... a good funney and happy friend... Poor Watanuki... being boxed in a onesided love.... Well at least that matter is solved....

Then Kohane... could she be Watanuki's new love interest? Nope I don't think so... YOu know why? because when it comes to CLAMP, most of the characs are pretty muhc uninterested on love unless they well, might sound stupid, but LOVE another charac and try to show it openly... like CCS and TRC sets of Sakuras and Syaorans.... also Fai and Kurogane... another remarkable characteristic of CLAMP's pairings is that they never change, if a connection is established it never brokens, so then they don't suddenly turn around and find another couple....

Well Dunno what the scene with Kohane really means... Prolly it was just another space for culture promotion... We've gotten some of those recently, so I wouldn't be surprised if its purpose was to only explain the parts of a Kimono... What Kohane said was interesting... "Feels like a robe Yuuko would use..." Indeed kind of... but just as Wata said "You can be at peace, it's I accquiared after I began running the shop"

And that scene... Dude I almost shitted my pants since I thought it was Yuuko! But nope... It wasn't Yuuko but another spirit that had the Yuuko feel... or more or less looks... You know after while she reminds me of Kagami (Kojika) Oh well i guess next chappie will be much more interesting since the mystery about the spirit will be unveiled!

Signs,
Green

Actually himiwari did love wata, but obviously shes knows its impossible to be with him so that's why she got married.
Jul 18, 2015 9:44 AM
Jul 2015
Why can't I read any of these volumes in color online? Can anyone help me out?

More topics from this board

Poll: » xxxHOLiC Chapter 213 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2011

114 by 1stburneracct »»
Mar 17, 3:29 AM

» How to continue xxxholic?

CrystalKing - Aug 9, 2023

2 by n7pidgey »»
Aug 10, 2023 8:07 AM

» How many chapters does this have?

Zaldun - Aug 22, 2018

6 by KitsuFrost »»
Jan 13, 2023 7:54 PM

» Manga Price Gouging

Kairoku - Jul 27, 2013

2 by AstarionAncunin »»
Oct 13, 2022 7:09 AM

» omnibus release quality

elgatosaika - Dec 1, 2021

2 by elgatosaika »»
Jan 3, 2022 7:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.