Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 17, 2011 2:31 AM

Nov 2010
Oh God... This movie... Just no, just fucking no, I never thought I could see such a horrible piece of shit in my whole life. Uwe Boll could have directed this better without even having a single piece of information on Gundam 00.

I'm sorry people who liked this movie, but I can't even begin to understand how the poll currently only has 6 people who hated it.
Jan 17, 2011 6:58 AM

May 2009
davidcuongma said:
How did Setsuna go to the alien home planet if its already destoryed?
Either it hasn't been destroyed yet, or they live on another colonized planet.
Jan 17, 2011 1:18 PM

Jul 2008
I quite enjoyed the movie, though the epilogue was kind of lacking.
Jan 18, 2011 7:13 AM
Aug 2009
I didn't hate the movie, but it was a real deception.
Waiting something else... who knows. In fact is not a bad movie but a bad sequel.
Jan 19, 2011 1:38 AM

Feb 2010
so-so
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Jan 21, 2011 6:32 PM
Aug 2007
chicanerous said:
Someone call O'Neill, Jackson, Carter, and Teal'c! We got some serious replicators on the loose.

You mean Mckay and the Atlantis team :D Gota go upload modified replicator basecode @ replicator home planet somewhere lol ^^"

Anyhow i thought this movie was really good, made much sense but i agree that the ending seemed too short lol ): i don't like leaving things to my imagination LOL xD
Jan 23, 2011 7:40 AM

Jun 2009
I an only upset of the fact that 00 Raiser was destroyed when Raphael and Seravee self destructed and 00 raiser was assimilated. I really liked 00 Raiser.
Jan 23, 2011 5:16 PM
Jul 2009
excellent movie.

the whiners are are only upset because they didn't see setsuna and feldt get married, have 10 kids and all that other conventional overdone crap.
Jan 24, 2011 1:02 PM
Jan 2010
What a troll ending.
Jan 25, 2011 5:03 AM

Jul 2007
ryanxwonbin said:
Oh God... This movie... Just no, just fucking no, I never thought I could see such a horrible piece of shit in my whole life. Uwe Boll could have directed this better without even having a single piece of information on Gundam 00.

I'm sorry people who liked this movie, but I can't even begin to understand how the poll currently only has 6 people who hated it.

Easy to understand:

Only 6 people completely missed the point, not getting the plot, ideas, symbolism and themes of the movie.

Unless you actually manage to argument on what you did nOT like, I think you are one of those six.
Jan 25, 2011 6:44 AM

Nov 2009
CaramelDrumstick said:
excellent movie.

the whiners are are only upset because they didn't see setsuna and feldt get married, have 10 kids and all that other conventional overdone crap.
Actually i couldn't care less about Setsuna since he was my least favorite gundam meister(Feldt on the other hand I liked, although her new haircut was fugly ). What i wanted to see was o real ending for the rest of the characters/ political changes or a good epic story not so full of philosophic BS which didn't made much sense, or at least the should tone down the philosophic BS and make such essential plot points, like what did what ELS wanted or do afterward more clear.
Jan 26, 2011 3:42 PM

Feb 2009
Nice ideas, not quite the right execution.
Jan 31, 2011 3:10 AM

Oct 2008
I believe this is quite a good movie. Weird, yes, but great imo.

I like how Tieria acted quite heroic to save Setsuna. The mini-hologram Tieria thing was hilarious though xD

The ending was ok too.

8/10
Jan 31, 2011 12:51 PM

Sep 2010
I could write a review, but it would be pages long so I'll simply give it a 8/10 it would have gotten a 10 if it explained more of what happened to a lot of the characters at the end and cut the time skip epilogue, but besides that it was very good!!
Feb 4, 2011 4:39 PM
Feb 2011
Fai said:
ryanxwonbin said:

Easy to understand:

Only 6 people completely missed the point, not getting the plot, ideas, symbolism and themes of the movie.

Unless you actually manage to argument on what you did nOT like, I think you are one of those six.
Oh, I get all that, believe me I do. But that doesn't exactly save this movie. Having a good idea is one thing, but execution is another. And I do understand the themes, but the way them present them made it hard for me to take them (or the rest of the movie) seriuosly.

Feb 7, 2011 11:59 PM

Feb 2009
2/10 movie
Feb 12, 2011 8:41 PM
Feb 2009
That was without a doubt, not only the worst piece of Gundam material I've ever seen, it's probably the worst anime I've ever seen period. Hell, even Victory Gundam is better than this. Worse yet, SEED Destiny is better than this!

1/10
Feb 21, 2011 10:14 AM

Jan 2009
We are BORG. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
I might've been watching a bit too much Star Trek in my days.

Anyway, this is, in my opinion, definitely a movie worthy of being a sequel to Gundam 00.
Except for the brilliant art work, I pretty much like all aspects of the movie. Well, except for Saji and Louise, whom I still find to be utterly useless. I mean, I don't think the Gundam 00 (first season, second season and the movie) would lose any significant value if they never existed in the first place.
And I never really cared much for Tieria, but he's a fucking cool guy, after all. Like... not everyone can die twice and still be alive.
As for Setsuna, while it may be exceptionally predictable that he'd be able to turn the outcome of the battle pretty much by himself, (well, he is an Innovator, I guess,) I still don't mind it. I even like it.
Actually, I like most of Celestial Being's crew. Lockon who's just cool, (H)Allelujah who's just fucking awesome, Marie (I guess she counts by now, right?) because... she's cool too, and Feldt because <3
The rest of them? Couldn't care less, but I don't dislike them. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Tl;dr me liek.
And lol Patrick, you had another close encounter with death. xD
The only actual flaws were the nonsense they started spouting towards the end. But hey, thinking about it, all main characters in anime and stuff start spouting these things, so that's definitely not something that makes this particular movie worse.
Haters gonna hate, but I'mma rate this 9.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 24, 2011 7:10 AM

May 2009
Gah, I honestly don't know whether I should like or dislike this movie. It's beautiful beyond words on one hand, but totally orz on the other. Just like that space flower. -_-"

Assorted thoughts:
Graham/Bushido was awesome, at least he had a proper climax this time - as opposed to that anticlimactic battle in the second season. Oh, Trans-Graham...

It's a little sad that as a huma being, Setsuna was always so expressionless, but as an innovator-ELS hybrid thing, he shows the most beautiful, peaceful smile. Sad, but I absolutely loved this aspect.

Immortal Patrick is as brilliant as ever. <3

Why should we care if Billy gets laid? To show that he's moved on, and to reassure us that Gundam allows everyone to live happily ever after? Pfft.

And Descartes Shaman? Mister Bushido of the movie in the way his character is treated, only much less interesting.
Mar 22, 2011 3:53 PM
Nov 2010
5/10

wtf did I just watch. I was sleeping the whole time.
Apr 25, 2011 2:29 AM

Jan 2011
humans cannot even understand each other, we really cannot expect to find understanding with aliens, a world with no war is impossible... however it is not wrong to keep believing as i think that is the message of the show

Mr Busihido did get a fitting end as a warrior, Patrick is just super lucky again but he well deserve it

poor Marina, she is the only girl that was shown in old age...

as a movie, it is entertaining enough for me to give it a 7/10
May 21, 2011 7:45 AM

Dec 2010
I Can't Believe Lockon Went Kira Yamato on us...
May 26, 2011 9:59 AM

Aug 2009
The flower at the space is really beautiful. :)
Too bad Setsuna became an android. Now he's ageless.

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

May 26, 2011 12:12 PM

May 2009
Rewatched for the fifth time. Still amazing! I think that with all of the enjoyment I'm getting out of this movie, it almost makes up for all the hate it's receiving, lol.
May 27, 2011 9:16 AM
Feb 2011
As I was rewatching parts of the 00 series one thing kept bothering me. What exactly did Celastrial Beings accomplished? Like ultimatly accomplished?

Here's what I mean...

They sought to unite the world in season 1, but that backfired due to the formation of A-Laws and Ribbons Almarks who's by the way a lame gundam villian but my point remains. Then they sought for the future and mutual understand through innovation but that also backfired due to the ELS invasion and Decartes Shaman who developed a superioty complex (before his demise). Which begs another question. How will the inevitable war between Humans and Innovators be resolved,if it haven't been done so already ? Now that almost half the world are innovators.
May 27, 2011 3:29 PM

May 2009
KidKaz said:
What exactly did Celastrial Beings accomplished?

How will the inevitable war between Humans and Innovators be resolved,if it haven't been done so already ?
They ultimately united and prepared humanity for deep space travel and exploration.

It's true that an Innovator war does take place, I think sometime during the 50 year timeskip after the credits of the movie. I'm not sure exactly how it is resolved, but as seen in the epilogue things are peaceful once more.

Edit: Found a good review/discussion on A Wakening of the Trailblazer, that I suggest you (directed at everyone) sit down and listen to if you have the time. They make some very valid remarks on both positive and a few negative aspects of the movie, and should clear away any confusion you may have felt near the end. They were fun to listen to as well, I highly recommend it.

Just download and play. Discussion is at : 0:39:37 - 1:37:06.
stAtic91May 27, 2011 7:18 PM
May 27, 2011 9:19 PM
Feb 2011
]They ultimately united and prepared humanity for deep space travel and exploration.

Okay, fair enough but don't you think that's a bit of a simplistic goal considering everything that happen in the series? I mean couldn't humanity done that on their own?

but as seen in the epilogue things are peaceful once more.

Yes, but for how long? If previous gundam series has taught us anything,it is that hystory repeats itself. How do we know that they won't be another one even more devastating than the last. That's the problem I had with the epilogue, it rosed alot of concerns.

Edit: Found a good review/discussion on A Wakening of the Trailblazer, that I suggest you (directed at everyone) sit down and listen to if you have the time. They make some very valid remarks on both positive and a few negative aspects of the movie, and should clear away any confusion you may have felt near the end. They were fun to listen to as well, I highly recommend it.

I just finished liistening to the podcast and even though I did agree with alot with what they said especially about the ANN review, My overall opinion hasn't changed...well not by alot really. I mean nothing about what they said was new to me. I don't think it's a bad movie, but it don't think it's a good one neither.
May 28, 2011 6:03 AM

May 2009
KidKaz said:
]Okay, fair enough but don't you think that's a bit of a simplistic goal considering everything that happen in the series? I mean couldn't humanity done that on their own?

Yes, but for how long? If previous gundam series has taught us anything,it is that hystory repeats itself.

I just finished liistening to the podcast and even though I did agree with alot with what they said especially about the ANN reviewer.
As you have seen in all of the previous Gundam anime, humanity is obviously not capable of uniting on their own. You saw how much war and power struggle there was in season one. For humanity to really become one GN-Particles and Innovation were needed, just like Aeolia's "plan" predicted. Aeolia's, no, Celestial Being's goal was very simplistic, it's just that Ribbons and A-LAWS interrupted with the overall plan, making it more difficult than it should have been.

True. We all know humans are foolish creatures who are unable to stop violence and war. I believe that's where the Innovators come in. After only 50 years, they now make up one fourth of Earth's entire population. Sure, minor disputes may still arise here and there, but these will most likely be solved peacefully by the ESF government. Once humanity fully evolves into Innovators, everyone will be able to understand one another.

The ANN review was definitely written by someone who didn't know what he was talking about and what the series was really about. Here it is, if anyone is interested in reading it...
Jun 8, 2011 1:49 PM
Oct 2007
I just finished watching it.

Wow, just wow. I heard the plot pretty much divided (or is that derided?) fans, but it surprised me nonetheless. Still I guess it follows on the idea of pacifism, peace and humanity that's prevalent in Gundam anyway, so it got the message across...just in a slightly different way, which is petty cool.

...although it has nothing on Eureka Seven's ending :D

Thr battle scenes were amazing though. What I would'nt give to wathc it on a big cinema screen.

I gave it a 9, which would've been a 10 if the ending didn't make me feel so 'iffy', but it's an outstanding movie nonetheless. Clearly the wanted something different, and it worked (for me anyway).

Edit: Forgot to mention, Kenji Kawai is a GOD. I heard so many motifs that reminded me of Patlabor and Gunparade March that it gave me chills. I'd re-watch the movie just to listen to the ost.
Jun 9, 2011 11:05 AM

May 2009
gravitythief said:
Edit: Forgot to mention, Kenji Kawai is a GOD.
He is without a doubt my favorite soundtrack composer and his work for Trailblazer is simply outstanding. The 00 soundtrack was already amazing and he basically took some of the best tracks, changed them a bit and combined those with new creepy and mysterious tracks that really went well with the ELS. It's definitely one of my favorite soundtracks.
Jul 7, 2011 9:04 PM
Feb 2011
Well I was able get my hands on the Blu-ray of the english dub this week and let me sayl, watching the blu-ray on a HD tv was alot better than watching it on my laptop, even if the overall movie was mediocore at best.
Jul 13, 2011 8:34 PM

Sep 2009
Possibly the worst movie i've ever saw.

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!
Jul 16, 2011 8:49 AM

Apr 2009
Err, what the hell did I just see? Okay, it wasn't really that bad, but towards the end it all felt terribly rushed. It felt as if the movie simply ran out of time and ideas to develop its conclusion, and ended with a 50-year timeskip epilogue that was barely one.

I am quite disappointed to not see what happened to all the other characters afterward. Everyone was simply forgotten after the battle stopped. There was no aftermath to the gigantic battle, it didn't even show what Setsuna did after he warped into the ELS homeworld. CB likely disbanded after, but there was just no explicit closure for everyone.

Also, they sank my ship!! Jumping ship from Marina to Feldt in S2 was terribly pointless in the end, Gundam remained Setsuna's One True Love (no, that hug with aged Marina at the end didn't count; there was no romance there). Isn't that sad, Feldt?; Damn it, Setsuna you could have at least thanked her for watching over you since S2.

Despite this, I enjoyed seeing many other things, like seeing what everyone looked like after two more years, Saji and Louise still together, Hallelujah and Soma showing off their super-soldier skills, Billy finding love again through Meena, Mileina confessing her love to virtual-Tieria and the reactions of her parents, valiant sacrifices by several characters, shiny new Gundams with new tricks, seeing a Tieria-type Innovade (possibly Tieria himself) float by in the timeskip epilogue and MORE Feldt.

tl;dr:
Movie was OK, it had its moments, it got its message across, but the conclusion just felt too rushed and I rage at not seeing proper closure for the rest of the cast.
Jul 18, 2011 7:14 AM
Jul 2008
coldlight said:
It felt as if the movie simply ran out of time and ideas to develop its conclusion, and ended with a 50-year timeskip epilogue that was barely one.

yeh, when setsuna charged into that death star, i was sure we would at least to get to see the alians face... i guess we will get to see hem in gundam 00.1, you cannot decuide on an ending, so decide to play some long credits and hope everyonewentawaythingingtherewillbeasequalwhenthereisnomoneyleft
aka Gundam $$ (gundam double dollar)

coldlight said:

tl;dr:
Movie was OK, it had its moments, it got its message across, but the conclusion just felt too rushed and I rage at not seeing proper closure for the rest of the cast.

just one more thing i wana mention incase no1 else has noticed or is too mad at the ending that has really been pissing me off
>Decault shaman
>DECARUTO SHAAMAN
>DECARUTOSHAA
>DECULTURE
otoko_tenshiJul 18, 2011 7:18 AM
Jul 19, 2011 8:52 AM

May 2009
otoko_tenshi said:

>Decault shaman
>DECARUTO SHAAMAN
>DECARUTOSHAA
>DECULTURE
lol, I wonder if that was intentional.
Aug 26, 2011 5:15 AM

Oct 2009
OK, just finished it i am half-crying and half-laughing...
SERIOUSLY WTF???????!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean it started out great and the battles were awesome, Flags were the best IMO >.> BUT the ending is just...i don't even know what to say..there's a FUCKING flower in space! First Graham died, then Setsuna got a pretty unimpressive new Gundam which apparently can Warp, then after the credits Setsuna is some kinda METAL THING and Quan[T] 00 has wings which turned into flowers YAY!..And poor Feldt..he goes back to Marina anyway..

This was such a TROLL, thank you for ruining the whole show for me. I'll be fair and give it 7 #%$@88!!!
Aug 26, 2011 5:29 AM

Nov 2010
after waiting so long for the dub to finally come out i must say this movie was such a hugeee disappointment. im mean yea the action scenes looked amazing but that did little to make up for this sorry excuse of a plot. SMH im just going to act like this movie never happened.
Sep 30, 2011 5:20 PM

Sep 2009
It should have been a four part OVA. End of story.

....Fucking space flower.
I could have accepted you if you weren't such a deus ex flowera.
Oct 2, 2011 8:04 PM

Apr 2008
My thoughts.

It's a movie, a gundam movie, expect a lot of action!

shakeyourpup45Mar 8, 2012 5:14 PM
Oct 10, 2011 9:26 PM

Mar 2009
Not what I expected, but yet, It could have been far worse. I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed it. It provided a fair share of entertainment while it lasted.

Oct 11, 2011 5:21 AM

Jun 2011
Lacking in story and development. Probably would've done better if it wasn't a movie.

Otherwise the battle scenes were stunning, and there were epic moments. A tad above average.
Oct 19, 2011 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
I just watched this, and puked a fancy, rainbow-colored flower.
Oct 24, 2011 2:03 AM

Jul 2007
Well this thread even after all this time still show how low the general IQ of otaku fanbase is.

Lacking in story? really? A movie which was enitirelly pretty much a philosophical dilemma? Really, people? oh well...
Oct 26, 2011 6:35 PM
Feb 2011
Fai said:
Well this thread even after all this time still show how low the general IQ of otaku fanbase is.

Lacking in story? really? A movie which was enitirelly pretty much a philosophical dilemma? Really, people? oh well...

Oh I understand all that, doesn't mean I have to like it.
Nov 24, 2011 6:36 PM

Apr 2009
As much as I love Gundam 00, this movie made me cry in disappointment. This cool badass Descarted Shaman shows up all of a sudden and then they kill him off. What was the fucking point? Then they kill off Graham Aker. They decide to blow a ton of time on that idiot patrick and his waifu bitch. On top of that feldt starts developing feelings for setsuna. Why the hell would they do that? Such a stupid pairing. At least Sunrise didn't go the cliche route and have him end up with Marina. Oh well, Gundam 00 is still my favorite gundam.

EDIT: Oh and I thought the aliens and the giant flower in space were awesome but the actual aliens could have been cooler or at least fought like mechs.
FatCobraDec 16, 2011 3:52 AM
Dec 3, 2011 8:59 PM

Oct 2011
great movie, wrapped up the gundam 00 series beautifully, i didnt regret watching this series. anyway, LOL at that movie part, that totally trolled me :D
Nope.
Dec 4, 2011 7:45 PM

Mar 2008
Well... the whole 2 seasons of this story worth to be seen just for this movie. So epic! Animation is very good, just what I like. It wasn't bad in TV but its even better in Movie. 3D stuff mixed with 2D really well.
Scene after Setsuna tried to make 1st contact and after the actual first contact are just wow... Soundtrack by Kawaii Kenji is awesome too!
However there is some things that really disappointed me.
First one is THAT freaking huge flower... It feels so out of place there. But still this is something I can live with. More importantly, I'm very sad about Feldt Grace. They (authors) took everything from her, including most important things... First it was Lockon, then Setsuna... Because from the epilogue it was clear that Setsuna was in that huge flower for years. And he came to Marina... After all, they didn't even told a single word about Feldt... Maybe they though she is just a plot device and that she can't become someone's favorite character... But what I can do, everyone else is too "broken" for me. At the middle of the series I really didn't wanted to see Feldt's death... but now, knowing all this I think it was better to be killed in battle. However I never really liked Setsuna and I still think he should be killed by Tieria on that beach (somewhere in 1st season).
At least I'm happy about these guys. Probably the only successful couple.

Oh, btw! Tiny little hologram Tieria - just awesome. ^__^
EndymionDec 4, 2011 8:21 PM
Jan 21, 2012 12:15 AM
Jul 2011
I feel like I should be mad about this movie's ending but considering how hammy Season 2 got towards the end I guess I should have probably expected big sparkly flowers in space by now.

"UNLOCK THE FUTURE"
"WE MUST UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER"

Geez. Nothing wrong with those ideals, it's all about execution, the characters didn't have to mention it every 3min. of the movie word for word.

Not exactly terrible movie, but wasn't great either. Endless Waltz was a better conclusion movie to Wing than this movie was to Gundam 00 imo.
Gen2K_Jan 21, 2012 1:17 PM
May 6, 2012 12:28 PM
Nov 2011
Finally saw this, but I didn't see some of the scenes people are talking about in the version I saw. Kind of bummed at that because the ending felt like LOL Wut? ACtion was crazy eye candy though.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
May 12, 2012 9:18 PM

Aug 2010
This movie was a huge let down for me don't get me wrong I love Gundam 00 and it's my favorite Gundam series and what got me interested in Gundam again but man this movie was a huge letdown. First of all what the hell are the ELS and why are they in this seires? Second why kill Shaman off when you hype him up to be an major antagonist. 3rd why didn't we go to Jupiter like we were supposed to. I thought the way the movie was being hyped that Celestial Being was finally going to Jupiter where the Gundams and GN Drive were built, and I thought everyone would have twin GN drive and evolve to innovators and maybe this movie dealt with Shaman who was a remaining Alaw or related to Alejandro Corner or something. Something with an plot with two sides having reason like the UC era. Not random shapeless Aliens that have no form and shape shift metal bull. ELS's had no place in Gundam 00 period and seriously Sunrise why? The movie was uninteresting and even lacked the cool fight scenes like the Anime had.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» The Ending

Pegorge - Jan 23, 2011

17 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 5, 2022 9:40 AM

» Mobile Suit Gundam 00 10th anniversary event announced a new sequel is in production.

DatRandomDude - Apr 14, 2018

11 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 5, 2022 7:46 AM

Poll: » Can't decide who is best girl. Help!

NakoP - Sep 7, 2022

4 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 5, 2022 7:45 AM

» Manga Ending: Gundam 00 Movie: Awakening of the Trailblazer

deg - Jan 4, 2011

25 by Bulma777 »»
Mar 10, 2017 4:11 AM

» Big fan quetion

Bulma777 - Dec 26, 2016

0 by Bulma777 »»
Dec 26, 2016 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.