MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 The Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mobile Suit Gundam 00 The Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer »» Mobile Suit Gundam 00 The Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 The Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

92 37.40%
4 out of 5: Liked it

53 21.54%
3 out of 5: It was OK

53 21.54%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

28 11.38%
1 out of 5: Hated it

20 8.13%
Voters: 246

10-10-10, 6:14 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Anyone else get to see the premier at NYCC? Share your thoughts on it.

10-10-10, 6:22 PM

SO GOOD! SO GOOD!

Thats really all I can think right now, it was worth the long drive and the two hours of waiting in line....

IE, if you get a chance to, see it, its awesome.

also, if you were at the showing I was the guy who was attempting to show an image off my phone, cause the video camera was aimed right at me, xD
Modified by Megadedhed, 10-10-10, 7:09 PM

10-10-10, 6:42 PM

Megadedhed said:

- Setsuna is secretly the silver surfer.

I knew it, he never tricked me.

10-10-10, 6:56 PM

The movie was pretty awesome for all the pew pew but the ending was just so fucking terrible. It did have its highlights though. Tieria is obviously a Cylon Cortana and Patrick proves he will never die in battle. But Graham T_T.

10-10-10, 7:23 PM

Patrick the invincible lives up to his namesake.

I seriously thought I was watching Macross Zero towards the end, excellent action...but that ending.

10-10-10, 8:10 PM

The ending reminded me of Victory, only a little though.

10-10-10, 8:17 PM

Reminded me of Eureka Seven in a way, actually. But the ending wasn't so bad. It provided a pretty good amount of closure, actually. Only parts I didn't like about the ending are that we didn't see what happened to some of the Meisters, and FeldtxSetsuna was so dropped. Makes me sad. Other than that, I liked it a lot, gave it a 9.

Also, I was the one who tried to shout ORE WA GUNDAM DA right before it started but probably failed badly.

10-10-10, 8:36 PM

I was actually going to shout that too haha, i was sitting right next to Megadedhed. I was pretty mad that they dropped FeldtxSetsuna too, i was so happy when it was in the beginning and then just bam, gone.

10-10-10, 10:00 PM

I'll have to admit that it was better than my expectations after reading spoilers, but it was still only mediocre.

Highlights (That I can remember clearly):

Ugh, Setsuna was useless until the very ending. He couldn't fight because the ELS disrupted his mind so we barely saw the full extent of the Qan(T)'s and his Innovator powers. After watching the movie, I completely support SetsunaxFeldt, but he completely ignores her...Damnit Setsuna! The ending was horribly rushed too. We don't know what happens: to Celestial Being, who the hell Mina is, what the hell happened when Setsuna arrived at the ELS homeworld and what was the point if it was DESTROYED ALREADY, the situation in the Middle East, and A LOT more other questions.

Movie left more questions and only answered one question from the previous two series and that was what Aoelia's plan was all about. The pew pew fights were really well done though. I only wish that Setsuna could have ended up with Feldt.
Modified by ChronosXIII, 10-10-10, 10:14 PM

10-10-10, 10:06 PM

The movie was awesome. I loved the whole suspense part. The pew pew were magnificent, and I would comment on the amazing music if people at the con weren't clapping and yelling every two seconds ( me included ). That being said, god I can't wait for the Bly-ray.

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)

10-10-10, 10:27 PM

ChronosXIII said:
I'll have to admit that it was better than my expectations after reading spoilers, but it was still only mediocre.

Ugh, Setsuna was useless until the very ending. He couldn't fight because the ELS disrupted his mind so we barely saw the full extent of the Qan(T)'s and his Innovator powers. After watching the movie, I completely support SetsunaxFeldt, but he completely ignores her...Damnit Setsuna! The ending was horribly rushed too. We don't know what happens: to Celestial Being, who the hell Mina is, what the hell happened when Setsuna arrived at the ELS homeworld and what was the point if it was DESTROYED ALREADY, the situation in the Middle East, and A LOT more other questions.

Movie left more questions and only answered one question from the previous two series and that was what Aoelia's plan was all about.

"Mina" is actually Nena. Not sure why the subs had her as "Mina". But since this person was voiced by KugiRie and had red hair, I would be fully assuming that she is actually Nena.

Allelujah and Soma are super soldiers so of course they'd have some pretty extreme physical prowess. Although that whole scene was full of exaggerated lolz with all the Decepticons chasing them.

I was disappointed at Shaman's whole role in the movie. It just seemed so insignificant. First he was saying, "Inferior species" regarding regular humans and then goes "OH BAH GAWD MY ALLIES MUST SAVE" half an hour later. They could've at least made him a cliched final villain that was controlled by the ELS or something.

Raphael was another huge disappointment. Made an appearance that gets wtfpwned in the next battle? Same with Qan[T]. It made such a limited appearance that it didn't even do much to show off it's skills other than BEAM SHIELD, GIANT BEAM SWORD, and the completely wtf BEAM WARP.

And the ending. That ending. Completely terrible. How anti-climatic that was. Answered absolutely nothing. I didn't even understand why the hell the ELS stopped after Setsuna did his warphax but maybe I just missed it since I couldn't read the subs half the time cause of people's damn heads in the way. The movie completely teases SetsunaxFeldt just to have him come back and go see Marina? She was so completely insignificant in the movie, more so than Shaman even. Epilogue doesn't answer anything to what happened at all other than humanity transitioning into innovators.

I think they could've split this whole thing into two movies. Cut the flower ending out, more screentime for Shaman, more screentime for the new mechas to actually do stuff other than looking new, and even have Setsuna respond to Feldt for once.

10-11-10, 5:43 AM

Yeah, essentially the only problems arise from the fact that it was limited to only 2 hours, if it had been an OVA about 6 episodes we probably would have gotten some far better explanations. Also Setsuna turning silver probably has something to do with how much time he spent on the ELS home world. I would love it if this ended up being a reverse endless waltz, where we get an OVA with more afterwards to fill in the missing links.

10-11-10, 6:28 AM

Lol shipping, Setsuna x Feldt couldn't go anywhere since Feldt gave up herself. As for Marina, she was the most significant person in his life after his mother... Because she reminded him of his mother. Setsuna simply went to her for the sane reason.
Basically, you fools, Setsuna x Tieria = OTP !

10-11-10, 6:45 AM

The movie was excellent the aliens were liquid terminators and the borg together. Gundam 00 : A wakening of the Traiolblazer is a great Gundam film and i hope their are more to come but it will be hard to top off this movie I believe.

10-11-10, 9:34 AM

Wasabi said:
ChronosXIII said:

Movie left more questions and only answered one question from the previous two series and that was what Aoelia's plan was all about.

"Mina" is actually Nena. Not sure why the subs had her as "Mina". But since this person was voiced by KugiRie and had red hair, I would be fully assuming that she is actually Nena.

Allelujah and Soma are super soldiers so of course they'd have some pretty extreme physical prowess. Although that whole scene was full of exaggerated lolz with all the Decepticons chasing them.

I was disappointed at Shaman's whole role in the movie. It just seemed so insignificant. First he was saying, "Inferior species" regarding regular humans and then goes "OH BAH GAWD MY ALLIES MUST SAVE" half an hour later. They could've at least made him a cliched final villain that was controlled by the ELS or something.

Raphael was another huge disappointment. Made an appearance that gets wtfpwned in the next battle? Same with Qan[T]. It made such a limited appearance that it didn't even do much to show off it's skills other than BEAM SHIELD, GIANT BEAM SWORD, and the completely wtf BEAM WARP.

And the ending. That ending. Completely terrible. How anti-climatic that was. Answered absolutely nothing. I didn't even understand why the hell the ELS stopped after Setsuna did his warphax but maybe I just missed it since I couldn't read the subs half the time cause of people's damn heads in the way. The movie completely teases SetsunaxFeldt just to have him come back and go see Marina? She was so completely insignificant in the movie, more so than Shaman even. Epilogue doesn't answer anything to what happened at all other than humanity transitioning into innovators.

I think they could've split this whole thing into two movies. Cut the flower ending out, more screentime for Shaman, more screentime for the new mechas to actually do stuff other than looking new, and even have Setsuna respond to Feldt for once.

I remember thinking that Mina looked a lot like Nena, but that brings up another question. Were all the Trinity siblings Innovades? What the hell was Mina's role than other than to rape Billy? I thought she had some underlying motives but apparently she was just for fanservice. Haha at Billy saying,"Please be gentle."

Shaman was indeed lulzy. When he first said, "inferior beings," I was thinking, he's gonna turn evil! Then he just dies...wtf?

I remember Setsuna responded to Feldt's crazy sobbing and hand holding with a hug. That was probably the only response he had to her feelings. He didn't even say anything to her after that. Jesus...well thought out shipping, now that I think about it, ends in disaster.

The only reason he saw Marina was to tell her that he finally understood her and her methods to obtain peace. Good game Sunrise at completely ignoring the other characters. We only find out that Tieria has obtained a new body (again), and one of the Innovator girls on the space expedition looked like the daughter of Saji & Louise. Although the girl did have Feldt's hairstyle with brown coloring...*shrug*

10-11-10, 5:39 PM

Mina was probably an innovade made with Nena's DNA, just like how Ribbons was made of Aolis's friend DNA. I'm sure Veda has samples of everyone with high QBW.

10-25-10, 3:35 PM

I honestly enjoyed it. Though I had problems with it (lots of them), overall it was a good movie and worth the watch.

I went Holy s*** quite a few times too :P

11-26-10, 10:41 PM

It was great, but I thought it was going to be better after all the hype that the fans and creators were making.

Seriously what happened to the other characters they were totally ignored in the epilogue that was a huge disappointment for me. Second disappointment was Descartes whats the point of building up so much hype over a character making us think he is going to be a freaking awesome enemy that was going to be the final boss or next to final just to kill him off so early and in such an retarded way??

Only two scenes that I really loved and stood out to me in the entire movie was Saji pwning Ribbons with a stool then Setsuna shooting the shit out of him before blowing the upper part of his body off with an explosive and Halle showing off his epic ninja skills.

In the end I give it a 6 or 7/10 just didn't live up to the hype and I would have given it an 9 if the epilogue was longer showing us what everyone did from there then showed the timeskip that way it would be more emotional and a great way to end it.

Although there were two times in the movie where I did tear up the ending it was sweet, but way too short and the part where Chiaki's song was playing in the background.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

12-04-10, 2:40 PM

Nice animation, the aliens weren't so bad, I was so excited while watching, so what could have gone wrong.

IT WASN'T ENOUGH, DAMN IT!!!

There were so many things I wanted to see in this movie, but those scenes were to short to cover it all up.

The ending wasn't good enough either. Setsuna basicly just turned the ELS moon into a giant flower. I don't mind that it's a flower, but it would have been better if it was just GN particle made.

Worst part of all:

Feldt showed her care for Setsuna, he wakes up, AND THAT'S IT!!? That was the thing I was looking forward to the most. What a disappointment.

I demand an extended version. T_T

12-06-10, 3:51 AM

The DVD edition will come with extra scenes (most likely :S) so we will have to wait till then. And as for Meena thing, she is actually human and the Trinity Siblings were genes based off her family (from GundamWikia).

Doesn't this make you hungry?

Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices