Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 13, 2010 6:37 PM

Jul 2010
Teufel said:
Some pleasant parts but overall a weak episode. I couldn't muster up much interest in the old man's situation and when the culprit was revealed like Alex I couldn't help thinking of Scooby Doo. I wouldn't say it's a bad episode but it is pretty much forgettable except the end which sounds quite promising.
Lmao, my brother said the same thing about this episode being like Scooby Doo! XD

So far the show seems average, but it's a lot better than all the harem and ecchi options I've been given this fall. :(
Oct 13, 2010 6:38 PM

Jul 2010
Edit: Sorry about double post. I have no idea why it posted it twice... >:(
Oct 13, 2010 10:17 PM

Feb 2009
Maybe seeing spirits can alienate someone, but does Yakumo have to act like an asshole half the time! Annoying love drama.
Oct 14, 2010 6:11 AM
Sep 2010
great episode

i liked it

i was thinking
it reminds me ghost hunt
Oct 14, 2010 11:22 AM

Feb 2010
Good episode... the first one was better & more intriguing though...

I wanna know more about the side-story they keep showing... sound pretty intriguing.

I like this show and it's overall tone.
Oct 15, 2010 8:21 AM

Dec 2009
... This episode felt waay too Scooby Doo-ish ...

The OST is awesome <3.
Oct 15, 2010 2:21 PM

Dec 2009
The show feels really weak. I hope it gets better
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 15, 2010 7:04 PM

Apr 2009
I still love how Yakumo looks so pimpy in every shot.
Oct 16, 2010 2:36 AM

Aug 2010
What do we learn in this episode: chick likes dude, despite the fact that he has demonstrated no personality as of yet. Who saw that curve ball coming...

This show is playing it so safe that there's really not a single standout feature that I can think of about it. Episode pacing still sucks and I hate the condescendingly obvious way in which the antagonists are presented("Look at meeeee I am eeeeeviiil!").

I'm not inclined to watch anymore of this. The concept has been done before and it doesn't seem that there is anything special about this particular iteration. On the other hand there isn't much that obviously bad about the show aside from the awful pacing and boring characters. It's just there, eliciting no particular emotional reaction.

It's disappointing, really. I was hoping this would be one more beacon in an otherwise rubbish season.
picastroOct 16, 2010 2:41 AM
Oct 16, 2010 6:28 AM

Jan 2010
I'm not bored, but not exactly on the edge of my seat either.
This show needs to be a bit more risky and throw itself out there.
It looks like it'll turn into something really generic.
Should be able to judge from the next episode whether it'll pick up.

No point waiting through like with Occult Acdemy which gave me the same sort of feeling.
Oct 16, 2010 4:28 PM

Aug 2009
iciclepop said:
emerald_city said:
Maybe 1st ep was more interesting, but I really like this anime :) Reminds me of Ghost Hunt, but Shinrei's more in my taste. Suprisingly - I liked the soundtrack ;)
Ono Daisuke <3

ono daisuke is the reason i'm still watching. haha.

you've got a point there! xD
well it's not that bad... i think the atmosphere in the manga was better though.
the music is GREAT and although this episode was a bit cheesy, overall it was nice and quite enjoyable! :)
Btw if the tunel episode is the one i think it is from the manga, then they'd better do it right. It was my fav from what i recall.
4/5
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Oct 17, 2010 12:53 AM

Jul 2009
Boring episode.

2/5
Oct 17, 2010 9:09 AM

Aug 2010
WoofSadaharu said:
Boring episode.

2/5

I'd give it a 2.5 for trying.
Oct 18, 2010 2:27 AM

Apr 2010
Episode 02 was a bit underwhelming. The case was a pretty weak one which could have been better if there was a little more buildup with some twists and turns, kinda what I would expect from a mystery.

But it wasn’t all that bad, I liked how they introduced us to Yakumo’s life (living in a club room should be tough yet perky at the same time.) and relatives. The cute little girl and the incredibly suspicious uncle definitely picked my curiosity.

Overall - 3.8/5
Oct 19, 2010 9:02 AM

Mar 2008
I don't know why but it seems so... boring. No suspense, nothing really, actually. Again, it wasn't bad. But it wasn't good either.
Tell me how it feels, breaking down the old walls.

Oct 19, 2010 10:51 AM

Aug 2009
Oh god, that was terrible.
Oct 21, 2010 8:31 AM

Jun 2009
Don't let your hopes up.. as far as I can see they've put a battle or magic style here + the villain. So this will end up that way with a touch of mystery if you want to feel the suspense part I suggest to

still I score this 3/10.. I've tried to watched this with lights off but geez.. wth.. compare to the manga reading it with lights on still gives me the creeps
ZinvyOct 21, 2010 8:37 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 21, 2010 12:21 PM

Jan 2008
This anime needs more horror and mystery and less of the personal drama stuff, where at the end someone reconciles with a spirit and we get a happy ending, etc. It also should speed the pace up a little bit and proceed with the interesting bits, right now it's pretty dull and boring. The characters are pretty nice though, Yakumo is badass.
Oct 21, 2010 1:30 PM

Sep 2009
Still interesting. I see this episode as mainly background development. I'm looking forward to some cool stuff happening later.
Oct 21, 2010 3:34 PM

Aug 2009
Beautiful. Loving the pace.

Yakumo is very adorable, too.

I hope the people that don't like it hurry up and drop it =]
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Oct 23, 2010 3:52 PM

Aug 2009
Pheefa said:
I hope the people that don't like it hurry up and drop it =]

Nevah. I'm looking forward to my weekly dose of facepalming.
Oct 24, 2010 12:43 AM

Apr 2008
I think episode 1 was better, but I still like it and plan on continuing.

That only thing that pisses me off is Haruku.
She's completely useless and unnecessary after the 1st episode.
I hate female characters that wedge themselves in and don't really do anything.
Even if she has one or two purposes in the future, her uselessness here really annoys me.

Is it just me that thinks that these little "romance" factors are stupid additions to some anime.
Oct 24, 2010 3:42 AM

Mar 2008
astronomical said:

Is it just me that thinks that these little "romance" factors are stupid additions to some anime.

It was actually quiet well done in the manga, imho.. (note: i'm talking about the old version of the manga here.. i don't like the new one much..)
But somehow the anime adaption is kinda a failure till now..
Haruka with brown hair is better, too.. :s

This episode was just.. boring! It was just some kind of filler for me..
I really do hope it will only get better from now on.. but I doubt it..
Oct 24, 2010 5:38 PM

Jul 2009
astronomical said:
I think episode 1 was better, but I still like it and plan on continuing.

That only thing that pisses me off is Haruku.
She's completely useless and unnecessary after the 1st episode.
I hate female characters that wedge themselves in and don't really do anything.
Even if she has one or two purposes in the future, her uselessness here really annoys me.

I agree with you so much we could be the same person XD

Anyways, interesting episode ... even though not much happened. Ending part got me interested for the next one though ... hurry up and introduce the side characters! :P
Oct 30, 2010 2:45 AM

Aug 2010
So far so good in my opinion... I want to know who the silver haired man is, I have he may be Yakumo's father...
Nov 5, 2010 3:21 AM

Feb 2009
iciclepop said:
emerald_city said:
Maybe 1st ep was more interesting, but I really like this anime :) Reminds me of Ghost Hunt, but Shinrei's more in my taste. Suprisingly - I liked the soundtrack ;)
Ono Daisuke <3

ono daisuke is the reason i'm still watching. haha.

Same here
Nov 11, 2010 9:14 AM

Jun 2008
OnyxEyes3 said:
I found this episode a little boring, and, like the first, it seemed really rushed to me. I feel like the episodes really aren't giving me enough time to care or become curious about what's happening before they launch into explaining everything (or at least their watered-down version of 'everything'.)

This describes my feelings perfectly. Before it even gives you a mystery the mystery ends. There is something rely wrong with the way they are doing it. I hope that the main plot with those evil guys will turn things around.
Jan 1, 2011 1:55 PM

Aug 2008
So Haruka is now going to spent more time with Yakumo. Oh noees.
I love what he said to her when she came to him and he was sleeping: your face damaged my beautiful dream.
Jan 16, 2011 8:39 PM

Feb 2010
Seems like Yakumo has been talking about Haruka to his uncle, no?

kittygoesmad said:
So Haruka is now going to spent more time with Yakumo. Oh noees.
I love what he said to her when she came to him and he was sleeping: your face damaged my beautiful dream.

I just love his straight forward-ness... and the way he curls when he's sleeping <3
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Jan 25, 2011 8:44 PM

Mar 2010
I like graphic, seiyuu and soundtrack , but I'm still disapointed.. thought it will be more like manga ( I mean this completed one),so for now I won't continue it .
I wonder if I won't read manga before , that I would enjoy this..
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Mar 5, 2011 6:11 PM
Feb 2010
Its alot like ghost hunter but despite this i like it alot

~ A woman's determination can move the mightiest of stones~
Mar 21, 2011 4:09 AM

Mar 2011
I just started watching this series yesterday. The first episode had me thinking that this was going to be a really interesting anime so I kept watching. After episode 2 though Im not too sure and I'm holding on too hope with episode 3. Given that Yakuma is suppose to be a genius I still think the mystery of this story was solved rather quickly. Of course we don't want it to go on for too long but this was just eh..And the one part where they figured out who it was at the construction site kind of reminded me of Scooby Doo..lol. Yakumo calls out what was going on and the culprit just stepped out and "it was me". I was actually waiting for..and I would have pulled it off if it wasn't for that meddling boy. All in all though I'm still rather enjoying it and have high hopes. I just hope my hopes aren't crushed as I think this anime has alot of potential. Love the music as well as others have mentioned.
Mar 10, 2012 2:32 AM

Sep 2011
Yeah this Anime reminds me of Ghost Hunt but more likable characters in my opinion. The soundtracks are also badass! >:D
Apr 1, 2012 3:33 PM

Mar 2009
Boring case but it's interesting to see that girl developing feelings for Yakumo.
Feb 6, 2013 11:15 AM

May 2012
Damn another epic episode they really bring great emotional factors up at the end! The story and pace of the episode's development is also very amazing, I really starting to love this anime! I do wonder what those endings are and what's up vessels for that mans daughters ghost? Well lets find out next!
Apr 29, 2013 5:03 AM

Aug 2007
I'm still not feeling it.
The main characters are very stereotypical and predictable, and there isn't anything unique, leading me to categorize it as amateur writing.
It also seems like Haruka is already developing feelings for Yakumo? That's way to rushed and not classy at all.

Jul 9, 2014 10:58 AM

Jan 2014
Another good episode...
Nov 23, 2014 8:05 PM

Jan 2012
nice op this anime got'
btw this is scary to watch in night,especially when u hear those Scary Laugh ...

Jul 4, 2015 10:26 AM

Jun 2012
Second episode and she already has feelings for him! Wow. And lol, what's up with the Indian music towards the end. Creepy.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Nov 19, 2015 4:45 PM

Mar 2010
Guess im one of the few who did enjoy it.

Ok first ep was better but i still felt like continueing and wasnt bored. Cant wait for the next ep.

Yakumo might be tsundere? Thatd be great
May 10, 2016 3:25 AM

Jul 2008
This one was still good, not as tension filled but still solid.
Jun 18, 2017 10:24 PM
Sep 2015
*Tries to kill the girl by sending a steel bar flying at her face* - "sorry for putting you in harm's way!"

"I'm here because I decided to be forthright!" "What do you mean?" "Not telling!"
Apr 18, 2018 9:20 PM

Aug 2014
Nice episode, but not a very good follow up from the great episode 1
Sep 21, 2018 1:28 AM
Sep 2009
SOL with free toy mystery inside! :D

Bad guys at the end annoying more than suspenseful.

Hey, Haruka! Go buy another outfit!
ced1106Sep 21, 2018 1:34 AM
Nov 28, 2020 5:27 AM

Jul 2011
I have rarely seen a "mystery explained" rushed as much as there.
You litteraly have the lamps exploding and the metal piece flying and then 10 seconds later, Yakumo appears and explains what actually happened. And then the one behind it instantly pop out of the building. This segment almost felt like a parody of a detective story.
Jun 22, 2021 5:58 AM

Jun 2016
Yeah, Haruka, you go get him. Got the feeling this show isn't about the mystery and more about the spirits themselves, which truth be told, I don't mind. Tho, I do wonder why the horror tag applies to this show...

As for the ep, it was just another quick and easy rushed mystery, if ya can call it that.

Dec 30, 2022 4:02 PM

Mar 2019
Wasn't as interesting as the first episode, I hope there's a big plot behind all this instead of episodic stories. At least we got to know a bit about Yakumo's family and that he does have a family.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 2, 2023 7:22 AM
Aug 2021
Can anyone tell me Which soundtrack it was,?😅
When the episode was near end
Kinda similar to Indian classical music
Am i only one here 😞?who didn't find it good meanwhile other mangas getting anime adaption 

And on the other side, those animes which sequels Haven't announced yet 😟like Ataksuki no yona, Noragami,Ao haru Ride 
It's been many years like we didn't get any announcement. every year I always make hope like in this new year atleast new season would come but ...no news
I wanted share my words just 
😟 Maybe I'm very greedy 
Jul 17, 2023 4:51 PM
Jun 2023
It was pretty good.
Apr 9, 8:36 PM

Dec 2022
The focus here around a relationship that just never seemed to get off the ground was neat, but I would've liked to see a scene of Yakumo actually scoping out the area so he could discover what the real source of the "paranormal phenomena" was.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 26, 2010

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 19, 2010

48 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2010

52 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

65 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 2:39 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2010

72 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.