Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 27, 2008 2:31 AM

Nov 2007
So we have a poll going on, and this is no longer regarding my point of view alone. So here's the list of qualities at this moment:

Staple qualities:
Have a short fuse for the person of their affection,
Is a very demanding person, especially towards the person of their affection,
Have physically assaulted / appeared violent towards the person of their affection,
A very shy person by nature. Says 'NO' while actually asking for it,
Embarrassed of / Confused of / Tries to reject their true feelings once they realized it,
Breaks down (in tears) at least once in the story,
Thinks highly of them self and appears confident to hide their fragility,
Will almost always have at least a love interest in the story, if not a love partner, be it hetero or homo partner.

Fan service qualities:
Cannot cook
Chibi (short)
Feels lonely
Flat chested
Martial artist
Pigtails
Wears a head accessory
Zettai Ryouiki

Feel free to add or contest a quality to help improve this list.
NOTE: This list is refering to female tsundere.
AdvynAug 24, 2008 4:55 AM
"Haruhi stood in front of a sign that says "Don't feed the pigeons," she then began to openly throw bread crumbs around like a gardener determined to make the wilting flowers blossom again. All I could say about this is that she's probably illiterate." - Kyon 2:3

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 27, 2008 3:35 AM

Feb 2008
"Breaks down (in tears) at least once in the story."

this is nice, but since Tsundere characters not only appear in dramas, in a comedy anime you won't really see any character break down in tears

May 27, 2008 5:47 AM

Mar 2008
May 27, 2008 7:39 AM

Nov 2007
@amcsi
I put '(in tears)' meaning that the shell surrounding the tsuntsun will break turning them to deredere mode, but not nescesarily in tears. The shell breaking is important, because if not, it's just Tsuntsun chara ;p

@viny
hmm, I can't say they're all arrogant , but we could say that they think highly of themself to cover their fragile side, right?
e.g. Amamiya Sayuri
though, yeah, most high-profile Tsundere icons are arrogant.
"Haruhi stood in front of a sign that says "Don't feed the pigeons," she then began to openly throw bread crumbs around like a gardener determined to make the wilting flowers blossom again. All I could say about this is that she's probably illiterate." - Kyon 2:3

May 27, 2008 10:45 AM

Feb 2008
Oh, sorry, I didn't pay attention to the parentheses.

May 27, 2008 11:06 PM

Mar 2008
Advyn@viny
hmm, I can't say they're all arrogant , but we could say that they think highly of themself to cover their fragile side, right?
e.g. Amamiya Sayuri
though, yeah, most high-profile Tsundere icons are arrogant.[/quote said:

mmm. Good point
Rocky on da outside, Soft on da inside
May 27, 2008 11:09 PM

Nov 2007
Fanservice:
Zettai Ryouki
May 28, 2008 12:22 AM

May 2007
I can't think of much right now. XD

Perhaps sometimes they're confused about love. What is true love? What does it mean to love someone, etc. As the story progress, the feeling becomes mutual between the lovers.
May 30, 2008 1:23 AM

Nov 2007
My ISP went down for 2 days T.T

@BearShare
I slapped myself when I forgot that -.-' One of the most important thing for a modern day erokawa character

@ChiBuki
Hmm, well it's true I forgot the follow up.

Aug 21, 2008 3:24 PM

Oct 2007
You know what, I'll have to partially contest that the person of their affection has to be a love interest. Fandom might say they might have that person as a love interest but not necessarily in the anime itself. For example. Rei Hino was a complete tsundere towards Usagi Tsukino in Sailor Moon. However, Usagi wasn't her love interest but more like the person she cared for probably the most in the world. Though Rei can go tsun tsun on other people she mainly took it out on Usagi. I think Teana from Nanoha Strikers can fall under the same category. I'll see if I can think up of any others that may fall in this special tsundere category.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Aug 23, 2008 4:37 AM

Nov 2007
Hmm, true enough.

I'm planning to change the phrase "their love interest" to "the person of their affection", do you have any better suggestion?

though honestly, I'd rather place the phrase "Staple Qualities in a Hetero Relationship", lol

Aug 23, 2008 4:42 AM

May 2007
Staple Qualities in a Hetero Relationship? lol! XD

But yeah, we've seen a lot of tsunderekko in main female cast anime... I'm ready to accept that it doesn't have to be towards boys.
Aug 23, 2008 7:09 AM

Oct 2007
Agreed since Kagami really acts like a tsundere towards Konata.

Aug 23, 2008 10:09 AM

Nov 2007
OK, so, any suggestion on how we should phrase it?

Aug 23, 2008 10:24 AM

Jan 2008
Tsundere are usually short-tempered & maybe a LIL self-centered (i think).
Aug 23, 2008 9:19 PM

Oct 2007
I think they can be characterized as having a form of tough love. The ones they care about the most and or love are usually the ones that are getting the first wave of their angst. Tsundere's are usually the hardest on their best friends/love interests but when it really counts they will be there for them or do anything in their power to cheer them up/love them/first to defend them/sacrifice something for them.

Aug 24, 2008 10:58 AM

Jul 2007
can we say....voiced by kugimiya rie? XD
Aug 24, 2008 1:02 PM

Apr 2008
Wouldn't that give Alphonse Elric a tsundere characteristic? .___.
Aug 24, 2008 3:46 PM

Oct 2007
yes that would. hehehe Al a tsundere.

Aug 25, 2008 3:58 PM

May 2007
Kugimiya Rie + Zettai Ryouiki = EXTRA POINTS BONUS
Doesn't mean that all characters voiced by her are tsundere XD Definitely count as extra fanservice.

I also think lilgumba's point is well written.

Also in recent days, every time you see someone blushes and then covering up her mistakes so she won't look silly = automatic tsundere.
What anime was it... I think in Koharu Biyori episode 3 the little girl was blatantly called (err, teased) "tsundere da!"

Not really sure anymore... to what degree can a character can be properly recognized as one. Nowadays, they just call random hard headed blushing girls tsundere.
Aug 31, 2008 10:12 PM

Jul 2007
ChiBuki said:
Kugimiya Rie + Zettai Ryouiki = EXTRA POINTS BONUS.

mmmm shana, louise and the upcoming taiga from tora dora? EPIC WIN. WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN <3
Aug 22, 2010 9:07 PM
Apr 2009
A tsundere character often eventually becomes fond, or fall in love with the character that they hate or did not care for when they first met.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favourite Tsundere(s)? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Seishi - Oct 22, 2007

186 by SamayuJung »»
Sep 17, 2023 10:28 AM

» Ongoing Action Manga with Tsundere Lead Recommendations?

K9ofChaos - Nov 2, 2019

3 by Destined321 »»
May 27, 2023 4:44 PM

Poll: » Tsundere or Not: Akiyama Mio ( 1 2 )

chibuki - Jul 9, 2010

60 by anime4ronin »»
Jul 26, 2020 5:48 AM

» am i the only one here who hates louise

princessakura - Jan 19, 2019

8 by Sphinxter »»
May 7, 2019 6:04 PM

» tsunderes you dont like

princessakura - Feb 14, 2019

2 by Sphinxter »»
May 7, 2019 6:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.