Episode Information
Forums

Pages (2) 0.4 [1.4]
Post New Reply
Oct 14, 2010 2:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 132
SurferDude said:
Twincest is Wincest. I don't have a real sister so yeah, I like it.



^that
 
Nov 2, 2010 2:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 144
incest in anime isn't really that uncommon a theme anymore, so it's not really so suprising. as far as my reaction to it? it doesn't really bother me. besides, if one could choose who they fell in love with there would be much less heartache in this world. as long as the two ppl it actually affects are fine with loving each other despite the blood relation, i feel others should just mind their own business. it's not like a brother and his sister being in love is directly harmful to anyone else.

If you could get good information so easily, ninjas wouldn't have a job, dood...
 
Nov 2, 2010 7:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 929
HitoriTomoyo said:
2)...feh, it's anime. You kind of see it as a norm eventually. Frighteningly enough.


Agreed. I'm very used to it so it's no big deal. It's also "coming of age" anime in that the main characters are having to deal with their raging hormones. If you don't have anyone else around, you're going to get attracted to the only other person near you. And she doesn't have her mother helping to explain her feelings, etc. But where I am right now, it's just Sora's imagination other than the flashback kiss. I don't know if that'll change as I continue but so what if it does. It's a cute series so far.
 
Nov 3, 2010 4:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 520
Incest is 1 thing, twincest another. Being a twin myself I was rather not happy with this turn of events and I will NOT look forward to the Sora arc (even though I do think she's cute).

I just can't imagine in what world making out with your twin brother/sister would ever be wanted D:
 
Nov 3, 2010 9:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 119
The incest is the least of the problems of this show, what kills it is the crappy plot and the over-cliched characters.
 
Nov 9, 2010 5:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 144
I think the people who will be turned off the most by it are those like myself who have a brother-sister relationship. It's impossible (for me at least) to watch something like that and NOT think of my brother and how horrifying it is to even think of such things. If you don't have a sibling of the opposite sex or are perhaps even an only child, you don't have anything to relate to and are more likely to be able to look past the taboo aspect of it and just accept it as fiction.
 
Nov 11, 2010 7:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7894
What of it?...I have a little sister and we both don't mind watching this. BUT it has to be in seperate rooms, at different times, and on our respective laptops.

Of course, I'm aware of the border line between real life and fiction. Although Bro-Sis incest is Wincest in anime+manga+eroge, it's definitely NOT ok to do it in real life and I would never cross that line.

 
Nov 20, 2010 9:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 392
Oh come on! Twins?! Tsundere main heroine?! Based on eroge?! PFFFT

It was obvious as hell there would be incest in it, for crying out loud! And that's why I started the whole thing in the first place! D: I'm literally cracking up seeing how many of you actually were surprised O_O

p.s.: I have a big brother, I still call him "бате", which literally is "onii-chan" (not to be mistaken with nii-san, aniki, ani-ue and etc., it IS onii-chan D:) and I'm a girl ;O No, I don't think of my brother when I watch that stuff D: I just want to watch all sorts of things so I can relate to all kinds of people, that's all. Besides, twincest = wincest. :D
And besides, every little girl wants to marry her big brother when she grows up xD Until her mother laughs at her and tells her it's impossible... but the girl continues even then to yell how she'll marry him no matter what, all teary and stuff XD True story, that. ^_^
Modified by Nao-stani, Nov 20, 2010 10:15 PM
 
Nov 21, 2010 12:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 289
Nao-stani said:
Oh come on! Twins?! Tsundere main heroine?! Based on eroge?! PFFFT

It was obvious as hell there would be incest in it, for crying out loud! And that's why I started the whole thing in the first place! D: I'm literally cracking up seeing how many of you actually were surprised O_O


There ARE some of us who did not know of its eroge nature... and the plot summary provided for this anime doesn't SAY anything about incestuous relationships, and the hentai tendancies... INFACT... the genres MAL has it placed under are "Drama, Ecchi, Harem, Romance" with MILD nudity... all of which I could handle... but this anime (which I still will watch... because I hate dropping anime) is WAY off...
So please, don't make overgeneralizations about this anime's viewers...

Nao-stani said:
And besides, every little girl wants to marry her big brother when she grows up xD

Hardly...
T-T
What kind of a world do you live in...?
"참 많은 파도가친다.앞으로 여행할길은 너무멀고길지만 멈추면안돼.. 멈춘순간 어른이 되어가는 길을 포기하는 나락으로 떨어진다. 어른이되어가는 경험은 이제부터 시작이지만 아직어리고 젊다는 최고의무기로 아직 눈앞에 보이지않는 더넓은 세상을 밟고싶다."
--김재중
CLICK IF YOU WISH
 
Nov 21, 2010 12:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 144
hoshikuzu728 said:
Nao-stani said:
And besides, every little girl wants to marry her big brother when she grows up xD

Hardly...
T-T
What kind of a world do you live in...?
 
Nov 23, 2010 12:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 392
Lol, ok. So you think "mild nudity" is not enough of a hint, then? o_o And come on, just by scrolling down, you could clearly see the news section, where it is said that this certain VN will be animated... I don't remember if "eroge" was somewhere mentioned... But almost 95% of the Harem VNs are... well. Eroges.

Hardly...
T-T
What kind of a world do you live in...?

The world of the five-year-olds maybe? Well, okay, not EVERY girl... But a good amount of girls I know were the same way... Some even mentioned something about wanting to marry their own father at that age. It's not anything uncommon. Kids don't know anything about that stuff, they don't know what's right and what's wrong. Not until the age of ten, did I know where babies come from. I always thought my father just gave my mother some pill or something, she gulped it, and POOF!! a baby D:
 
Nov 27, 2010 8:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 289
Nao-stani said:
Lol, ok. So you think "mild nudity" is not enough of a hint, then? o_o

Sometimes 'mild nudity' MEANS mild nudity...

Nao-stani said:
I don't remember if "eroge" was somewhere mentioned... But almost 95% of the Harem VNs are... well. Eroges.

I read the plot... not the news about it thankyouverymuch...
and well excuse me, I don't play eroge... nor am I a huge harem fan...

Nao-stani said:
The world of the five-year-olds maybe? Well, okay, not EVERY girl... But a good amount of girls I know were the same way...

You know quite a few strange girls... because I can honestly say, I know NO ONE like that... and I'm dead serious...
"참 많은 파도가친다.앞으로 여행할길은 너무멀고길지만 멈추면안돼.. 멈춘순간 어른이 되어가는 길을 포기하는 나락으로 떨어진다. 어른이되어가는 경험은 이제부터 시작이지만 아직어리고 젊다는 최고의무기로 아직 눈앞에 보이지않는 더넓은 세상을 밟고싶다."
--김재중
CLICK IF YOU WISH
 
Nov 30, 2010 4:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 392
Well, thankyouverymuch, next time do read the news, or at least check them out as titles. It was obvious as hell what this show is gonna be, it's your fault for not looking further in stuff. You don't have to be eroge fan to figure out that much. Japanese people are perverted. Twins means almost always twincest. I can name 4 animes just for now, and god knows how many more if I think about it.

Just how you can't understand how it is possible for a 5-year-old to want to marry her brother, at the same time I can't understand how is it possible for so many people to be surprised by the incest THAT much. Sure, you could've thought "Oh well, might be incest, but might be not, haha.", but thinking that there isn't?! In a forum I visit, everyone was all like "whoo-whoo, another incest, la-la-la" when I posted the topic about Yosuga no Sora. And I didn't have to mention it's incest, because I didn't find the need to.
Now don't get me wrong, I do like incest and etc, but I don't particularly like Yosuga no Sora. Actually, I hardly like it. It failed in many occassions but what it didn't fail at, was being quite informative about being incest. The problem is all yours for not just scrolling down. Nothing to be surprised about.

p.s.: Haha, would you look at that xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGxscyEGZls

This is the PV, posted in the Yosuga no Sora forum before it even aired: somewhere around August. It's rather... how should I say it? Incest-showy. xD So, yeah, it's you own fault and irresponsibility for not checking even the trailer. Don't blame the anime for your own irresponsibility ;) But it's okay, I see you're new to anime and perhaps are not well aware yet of the anime world. Soon, like me, you will be able to recognize the incest animes, the yuri animes, and so forth.
Modified by Nao-stani, Nov 30, 2010 4:34 AM
 
Dec 22, 2010 6:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 8
simple answer..


reads somwhere on internets, see Yosuga no Sora, see Wincest as a theme.

<watches>
 
Dec 27, 2010 5:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 387
Well, its anime, pretty much everyone has said this, it doesn't matter, Kiss X Sis has nothing on this anime

I dont have an opinion on incest, people should love who they love, brother, cousin, etc.. we're all humans
 
Jan 4, 2011 3:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 116
KyuuAL said:
1) What's up with that?

Nothing. If they are love each other, then do it, just leave me out of their lovey~dovey moments. (I don't like watching other people intimitading with each other openly in public)
KyuuAL said:
2) How did you react to it?

Calmly. Expected, since I knew the Yosuga game, so I expected. And got it.

Otherwise, I only have an older brother, not elder sister nor little sister, but I won't turn on her just becuse.
 
Feb 1, 2011 6:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 172
Incest made it all better...
 
Mar 23, 2011 4:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
hoshikuzu728 said:
Nao-stani said:
The world of the five-year-olds maybe? Well, okay, not EVERY girl... But a good amount of girls I know were the same way...

You know quite a few strange girls... because I can honestly say, I know NO ONE like that... and I'm dead serious...


Haha, I know some girls and when they were like 4-5 years old they wanted to marry their brothers too ;) And I still know our neighbour, she's VERY, VERY jealous when her older brother is playing with their cousin instead with her ^^ But it's rather cute and child-like...
 
Mar 23, 2011 5:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5992
Twincest Is Wincest ^ ^
 
Feb 21, 2012 9:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 27
I abosutely disliked the series and I know that many people will disagree but I really dont understand your thinking, I mean how can you think that siblings can have a relationship like this. Sure you love your brother and/or sister however this is not a girlfriend type relationship because I have a sister and I know how you should be with your sister, like doesnt anyone use common sense around here but I wont deny that this is just anime and there is no need to get too upset about it however the people implying that there is nothing wrong with it in real life are not thinking properly and trutfully majority of the people who say that it is alright dont have a sibling and so let me ask those people this how do you know it is alright without even having a sibling.

Note: I mean no offence to anyone, I am just a guy who doesnt want this world to be worse then it already is and again im very sorry if I have offended you.
 
Feb 21, 2012 9:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 3321
I wasn't surprised. I was surprised at the hilarious sex scenes though.

 
Feb 21, 2012 9:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 27
Also you are way off the point. I wont deny it some 5 year old's do think like that however they eventually grow up and understand even if they dont have parents and I know some girls like that and what in the world is that "human's can love anyone brothers and cousins etc" crap, are you insane? and by the way some people need to get real cause i know that you say that it is alright even in real life but I can 100% guarrantee it you will never do it in real life.
 
Feb 22, 2012 4:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 644
(On answering the OP's question)

Yeah and so what? YnS without incest is much like School Days and Mirai Nikki without yandere.
DarkPaladinX said "In fact, I can easily site Black Bullet from the spring 2014 anime season had establish the anime trend in America where the fandom more hostile towards anything moe or loli. On the other hand, I can also site Haikyuu!! and Free! where the trends are more favorable towards bishonens and sports anime in America. If you ask me, Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! is WAY more liked in the American fanbase than Kancolle." and I agree with him 201%
 
Feb 29, 2012 8:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
I think a lot of people against incest are looking at the people who don't mind it wrong. Most (i don't know about all) people who posted "twincest = wincest" and the like weren't saying they like to have sex with their brother or sister. You all need to understand the difference between reality and fiction. I watch things like Mirai Nikki and think "man i hope they kill that guy/girl soon" that does not mean i plan to kill people I dislike in real life because it is completely different. In an anime what does it REALLY matter if they are siblings? If it was never said how would you even know they were? It is fiction and does not matter, I personally loved this anime. I did not like the first couple arcs that much, but i thought the romance between haru and sora was extremely cute. I rate an anime based on what i was looking for in that anime, and i was looking for cute romance. I was well aware of the incest factor before watching. And as to what people were talking about earlier with wanting to marry your brother/father when you are at a young age that is COMPLETELY normal, in fact I would be surprised to find little children who don't say they are going to marry their mother or father. It is just a cute child thing and it means absolutely nothing, and the people who said "that's gross" or "that's weird" you are very strange.
 
Mar 28, 2012 12:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 35
Nothing wrong with incest imo. I like Sora as a character and I like their relationship. No I don't even have a problem with it even if it's real life. Why is it that homosexuals are accepted (or fighting for acceptance) and incest love aren't? Who are we to judge who gets to love who?
 
Apr 21, 2012 6:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 107
Meh, its a show, its not real. So I just see it as two people who like each other and IDGAF. Real life would be a little bit different though. lol

Also, its not hard to understand how his sister became infatuated with him, I mean he took care of her and did so much for her for so long, as they were by themselves. Not to mention that after Sora first was discharged and came back, they didnt exactly feel like brother and sister anymore, according to what Haruka said.
 
Apr 24, 2012 7:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 38
OShoranO said:
1) Irrelevent
2) Fap fap fap.

True story.
Nevermore ~
 
Jun 23, 2012 3:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5964
i dont know if i want to watch this anymore...
 
Jul 4, 2012 1:02 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 202
Shuhan said:
i dont know if i want to watch this anymore...


You can just watch the first 3 arcs then since the show is divided into 4 arcs and just the last one is the one that actually has incest, the other 3 he ends up with one of the other girls for each arc. Personally I actually thought that the Sora Arc aka Incest Arc was the best, lol I actually cried a little in a couple of scenes. If you actually pay attention and have an open mind you see that they really do love each other I mean Haru actually explains very well how it was that they fell in love with each other and that alone made me cry. Anyway like I said the final arc is not for everyone, you need to have an open mind and believe in true love to be able to enjoy the arc to the fullest.
 
Jul 15, 2012 9:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5964
TheNVS said:
Shuhan said:
i dont know if i want to watch this anymore...


You can just watch the first 3 arcs then since the show is divided into 4 arcs and just the last one is the one that actually has incest, the other 3 he ends up with one of the other girls for each arc. Personally I actually thought that the Sora Arc aka Incest Arc was the best, lol I actually cried a little in a couple of scenes. If you actually pay attention and have an open mind you see that they really do love each other I mean Haru actually explains very well how it was that they fell in love with each other and that alone made me cry. Anyway like I said the final arc is not for everyone, you need to have an open mind and believe in true love to be able to enjoy the arc to the fullest.


Lol i see what you're saying, thanks for the heads up. I just started watching it today and im gonna try and get through it all.
 
Jul 16, 2012 10:54 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 202
Shuhan said:
TheNVS said:
Shuhan said:
i dont know if i want to watch this anymore...


You can just watch the first 3 arcs then since the show is divided into 4 arcs and just the last one is the one that actually has incest, the other 3 he ends up with one of the other girls for each arc. Personally I actually thought that the Sora Arc aka Incest Arc was the best, lol I actually cried a little in a couple of scenes. If you actually pay attention and have an open mind you see that they really do love each other I mean Haru actually explains very well how it was that they fell in love with each other and that alone made me cry. Anyway like I said the final arc is not for everyone, you need to have an open mind and believe in true love to be able to enjoy the arc to the fullest.


Lol i see what you're saying, thanks for the heads up. I just started watching it today and im gonna try and get through it all.


Cool, you made the right choice in watching it all, let me know if you liked it once you watch the entire series.
 
Jul 28, 2012 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 20
Yosuga No Sora is (Technically) actually very realistic. There was a study that analyzed siblings who didn't Interact/live near each other in their early stages of childhood where more likely to have incestuous relationships.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect

This would explain Sora and Haru's relationship, and coupled with the early deaths of their parents, it's entirely plausible.
 
Dec 25, 2012 1:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 20
AnimeGenius24 said:


I abosutely disliked the series and I know that many people will disagree but I really dont understand your thinking, I mean how can you think that siblings can have a relationship like this. Sure you love your brother and/or sister however this is not a girlfriend type relationship because I have a sister and I know how you should be with your sister, like doesnt anyone use common sense around here but I wont deny that this is just anime and there is no need to get too upset about it however the people implying that there is nothing wrong with it in real life are not thinking properly and trutfully majority of the people who say that it is alright dont have a sibling and so let me ask those people this how do you know it is alright without even having a sibling.

Note: I mean no offence to anyone, I am just a guy who doesnt want this world to be worse then it already is and again im very sorry if I have offended you.

Also you are way off the point. I wont deny it some 5 year old's do think like that however they eventually grow up and understand even if they dont have parents and I know some girls like that and what in the world is that "human's can love anyone brothers and cousins etc" crap, are you insane? and by the way some people need to get real cause i know that you say that it is alright even in real life but I can 100% guarrantee it you will never do it in real life.


Err, how did you end up thinking that the watchers were ok with real life incest? No one was saying anything like that.
And 2D (anime) is not one and the same with 3D, in other worlds our real world. Those two things are different. We disagree with you because what you are saying is meaningless.
Because you know, no one is gonna kill someone just because they play FPS games right? It's the same thing.
And one more thing, people can say whatever they want to because it's their right. You shouldn't impose your opinions on other people, they can think on things by themselves.
いもうとラブ@ルイズバージョン
 
Pages (2) 0.4 [1.4]