Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 10, 2015 11:36 AM

Oct 2013
Is there any poison in the world that can kill someone in just seconds?? Anyways decent episode.
May 30, 2016 9:14 AM

Aug 2014
That wasn't no damn suicide, they straight up just killed the bitch! xD

I just love Reinhard's composure throughout the whole episode, you can tell he was ready to pop off at any given moment but held back.
Oct 15, 2016 5:03 PM

Aug 2014
Best episode so far, I smell a masterpiece now.
Oh the music, amazing :D
Apr 14, 2017 8:39 PM
Jul 2018
Somehow by the look of that annoying girl, she deserved to die and she was killed in a cruel way.
Aug 22, 2017 8:23 AM
Feb 2016
It's not just that Marquise Benemunde deserved to die, but that she was far too dangerous to be kept alive.
Jan 10, 2018 9:02 AM

Apr 2014
The emperor is an asshole. And so is Baron Flegel. Also, weird how forcing someone to drink poison is considered suicide in the Empire.
your waifu is shit
Jan 10, 2018 10:03 AM
Dec 2017
SzJ said:
The emperor is an asshole. And so is Baron Flegel. Also, weird how forcing someone to drink poison is considered suicide in the Empire.

Nobles, being what they are, have this sense of importance and pride. They're told from birth that they are simply superior in all ways with noble blood, etc. So anyway, this breeds a sense of baseless pride and dedication to... themselves. Such high expectations commonly lead to nobles obviously being pretty pompous and foolish. However, the other side of a noble could mean they were overly critical of themselves, seeking perfection and not allowing for failure. These types of nobles took failure as equal to losing face. So in some cases, to be dishonored and to fail so hard would result in a noble genuinely convinced that they must take their own life to make up for their unforgivable failure.

So anyway, they reported her murder as suicide because the whole debacle pretty much meant this was the only way she could retain some honor given the circumstances. She was too dangerous and obsessed to let live, but Friedrich felt bad for her and so allowed for this "suicide".
Jan 10, 2018 11:28 AM

Apr 2014
Pink_Noodle_Hair said:
SzJ said:

Nobles, being what they are, have this sense of importance and pride. They're told from birth that they are simply superior in all ways with noble blood, etc. So anyway, this breeds a sense of baseless pride and dedication to... themselves. Such high expectations commonly lead to nobles obviously being pretty pompous and foolish. However, the other side of a noble could mean they were overly critical of themselves, seeking perfection and not allowing for failure. These types of nobles took failure as equal to losing face. So in some cases, to be dishonored and to fail so hard would result in a noble genuinely convinced that they must take their own life to make up for their unforgivable failure.

So anyway, they reported her murder as suicide because the whole debacle pretty much meant this was the only way she could retain some honor given the circumstances. She was too dangerous and obsessed to let live, but Friedrich felt bad for her and so allowed for this "suicide".

I think they reported it as death due to sudden illness (at least, that's what they say at the end of the episode), although I think the nobles would understand what it actually meant.
your waifu is shit
Feb 5, 2018 9:07 PM
Nov 2017
It's not just that Marquise Benemunde deserved to die, but that she was far too dangerous to be kept alive.

totally agree with this
Mar 28, 2018 12:06 AM

Mar 2017
I liked how the narration at the end of the episode holds the kaiser responsible. The 'other woman' trope is super worn out and certainly harmful (and yeah I know this was '88). It's refreshing to see that the show views the death of the marquise as a tragedy and the kaiser as the clear culprit for treating these women like disposable playthings.

Annerose's compassion for the marquise at the end is remarkable - "Everyone, no matter who, feels sorrow. Feels pain".
Apr 17, 2018 7:34 AM
Sep 2016
Beenemunde was the first weak character in the whole series. But she serves as a warning for Annerose’s future; Kings normally only put their consorts aside if they don’t provide an heir to the throne. There’s been no mention of a Prince yet.

The Empire and Alliance are both broken in different and terrible ways. Our sympathies are meant to be with the forces of change, represented by Yang and Reinhard.

Apart from that, this episode was merely very good and for me, the worst so far. But I’d rather watch a merely good episode of this than the best episode of, for example, “Elfen Lied”.
Aug 29, 2018 2:07 AM

Feb 2017
Bitch, sit down. Be humble.
Nov 21, 2018 4:02 PM

Jan 2013
The Kaiser looks like a completely senile old man. I feel bad for Annerose, she has to endure his old ass for as long as he's alive.

I didn't feel that bad for Beenemunde's suicide, but I despise Flegel taking advantage of her sorrow and shifting all the blame on her. I hope Reinhard exploits him someday
Dec 21, 2018 7:25 PM

Oct 2012
Damn poor Annerose, I can't wait for this scum bag king to die. She seems like she's got a lot of sadness she's keeping hidden inside.

I really prefer the empire storys to the alliance's. The empire has more interesting characters so far and is just a more interesting society. I hope we get to see the lower class eventually.
Feb 24, 2019 1:05 PM

Aug 2017
Great episode, although I guess there were some tiny mistakes from the animators' side here (or were they plotholes?) .
1) When Reuenthal and Mittermeyer notice the car with Annerose, she's sitting next to a woman with green hair, although we know from a previous scene that this woman is Annerose's servant and she has a different hair color.
2) The car itself is black, how exactly did Mittermeyer and Reuenthal "identify" the car in the woods when it was, firstly, brown, and secondly, did it even belong to Annerose or the thugs?
3) What happened to Annerose's servant and the driver? Don't tell me they were just killed by the thugs...
4) Oberstein is a deus ex machina He just followed them, and he knew about Benemunde's intentions anyway (Reinhard assigned the task to him earlier)

I would also be interested to figure out how exactly did Flegel keep the things in secret, and what did he mean by suggesting to ask for help from his uncle (the duke)?
UPD: Oh I guess it meant that the duke should tell the Emperor to execute Benemunde so that there's nobody to expose Flegel, lol. Fierce.

P.S. I can't stop thinking about the show's ED. The OP shows us the Empire characters, the ED shows us the Alliance characters... until the very end, where there's a zoom in to Julian, and then he and Reinhard look into each others' eyes! What's that supposed to mean...
St0rmbladeFeb 24, 2019 1:12 PM
Oct 21, 2019 9:20 AM

Oct 2012
That's just sad, she's basically hungry for the emperor's love
But that's just how concubines are treated, thrown away when they're not young & pretty

I'm surprised they call it "suicide", that was practically an execution
"Signature removed"
Nov 4, 2020 1:25 AM

Jul 2016
Chromephone said:
Damn poor Annerose, I can't wait for this scum bag king to die. She seems like she's got a lot of sadness she's keeping hidden inside.

I really prefer the empire storys to the alliance's. The empire has more interesting characters so far and is just a more interesting society. I hope we get to see the lower class eventually.

Both are interesting stories to me. Alliance much closer to our current world than the Empire.
Apr 4, 2021 6:24 PM
May 2020
nigga had a whole ass plot to for a faked relationship purely cos of a coincidence. nah but it does well to delve into situation all too common within noble holds
Apr 10, 2021 2:41 PM

Feb 2012
2021 Rewatch

Not the first time Beenemünde has tried to deal with Annerose and Reinhard.

Great episode showing the corruption and impurity of the court.

Oberstein the MVP turning off the lights.

In Beenemünde's dying moments she keeps calling out "kaiser", thinking of Friedrich IV, but of course he isn't present and she looks at where Reinhard is standing, brilliant foreshadowing.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 7, 2021 10:06 AM

Oct 2019
Noticed some very nice music this episode. Man this anime is oozing vibe so far.
Jun 5, 2021 8:48 AM

Nov 2018
Thot Patrolled effectively.
Jul 9, 2021 12:36 AM

Jun 2020
wtf is empire politics 😐
Sep 1, 2021 2:21 AM

Dec 2018
some crap happens in republics, just with the smoke and mirrors and illusion of choice thanks to an incompetent and complacent media and populace. truly any system you have won't matter if the people are crooked.
felt bad for that woman
Dec 14, 2021 9:06 AM
Nov 2020
boring episode, feel so slow...
Dec 30, 2021 5:44 PM
Nov 2016
At the moment when Susanna spit Reinhard in the face, I just thought "alright. this anime is going to get GOOD."
Jan 27, 2022 8:11 AM

Aug 2017
The Empire side of things is much interesting than the other side even I think Yang is well written. Oberstein saved the day!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 4, 2022 9:33 AM

Dec 2007
dunno who was dangerous, felgel or sussane.

i'm amazed with reinhard not to slap sussane when she spat on him, my respect for him is really high.

really love imperial's politics. alliance's politic can be much deeper, but there's stuff only the imperial's politic can make.
May 15, 2022 6:46 AM

Dec 2021
cool to see oberstein and reunthal. the empire's politics are FAR FAR more compelling than the alliances. still the best part of the show tho, i'm sure they'll expand more on stuff as time goes on. hoping they do something with the characters, not a single one of them are interesting so far. lowkey they feel more like robots. who tipped off reinhard lol
cosmicoisrealMay 15, 2022 6:57 AM
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Jan 4, 2023 1:15 AM

Aug 2018
The lack of secury for Annerose is shocking but then again glad that vice admirals saved the day also Orbstein did a very clever thing in that villa.

The Benemude got what she deserved I guess but these a little bit barbaric forced suicide methods in front of everything feel messed up
May 22, 2023 12:07 AM
Dec 2021
even minor conspiracies in this show are quite the complex matter. Good episode (I want a bit more military stuff tho). Enjoyable, and Reinhard's Admiralty is full of absolute chads. 
Dec 28, 2023 11:53 PM

Dec 2023
"He is in his 40's" "she's 15".

I hope Reinhard guillotines some people.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.