MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Pages (3) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2]
Post New Reply
Poll: Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 1 Discussion


Oct 15, 2010 7:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 603
I felt tat it was quite bland 3/4 the ep. I was only piqued when they wore the Western uniforms. I thought they looked quite dashing n them than their Shinsengumi uniforms. Hehe~ Saitou-kun...so moe~:D
 
Oct 15, 2010 7:59 PM

Online
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 4120
Those fabulous clothes make them all look even more fabulous than they did before.
 
Oct 15, 2010 8:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1304
Chiroyu said:


as long it's not souji or saitou... i'm fine with it. xD

i liked the first episode a lot... chizuru is still annoying though.


AGREE!!!!

stAtic91 said:
Those fabulous clothes make them all look even more fabulous than they did before.


Drooling here the whole time! They look awesome <3
 
Oct 15, 2010 10:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 888
The guys is western wear......

'Nuff said.

*wanders off, drooling*
 
Oct 16, 2010 1:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 93
Oh no, not the Hijikata route...

Aside from that, really happy to see it subbed. I've been waiting so much for this.
Western outfit look kills me everytime. I loved when they showed Hijikata =w= but everyone looked just as great too. I doubt these guys will look bad with anything.

Chizuru just needs to prove me she's a worthy character but she's still the same...
 
Oct 16, 2010 7:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 55
it was okay..love them in western outfits...though its obvious they're usin the hijikita road...but why tempt me with bits of okita looking as if he's smitten with chizuru...
then again, i think all the guys seem to be smitten with her, just me noticing okita, with him bein my favourite....
and the art is great as ever just chizuru is a bit..-__- and yeah not enuff okita....
 
Oct 16, 2010 7:34 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 55
Despite having never thought of "Hakuouki" anything special plot-wise, I watched this episode with surprising positive feelings :) It was nice, after all, to see those people again :)

Chizuru is great as always. Bishonens are, well... as they were always :P We didn't lack fanservice either with new image of them - in the meaning of clothes and hairs :P I have to say Heisuke looks like a girl even more now, despite having his hair cut short xD But I do miss Harada's wonderful mop. I can even get over Hikijata's black long hair (my absolute number one. I mean, long black hair.), but Sano looks like a drowned rat now :(((

I'll say in secret I somehow wait for Kazama and his guys. I've never been particularly fond of them, but then I started to have some strange sympathy for them. I like about Kazama how he doesn't give a damn about the political situation and war, and everything, being interested only in his personal affairs xD He's so wonderfully contrasted with those ever serious Shinsengumi guys ;)

Of course, I do prefer Chizuru being with Hijikata. As for Kazama, hmm... Let's think. What a pity Chizuru's brother (what was his name again?) is a guy after all, perhaps he would make do with him... Well, we'll see if any of them will live long and happily ever after. Historical truth says that only Saitou and Shinpachi survived :(((

PS. My personal best was probably Okita thinking of Kondou. It was so... right.

PPS. After reading all the comments, I have to say I totally can't understand the dislike of Chizuru. She is the best character in this anime, actually having some personality, not playing around like the bishonens there. Comparing to standard heroine of anime, she wins the dozens. She is decisive, intelligent, proud and knows what to do. She isn't an aggressive and shouting teenager, neither is she a stupid and blushing cow that cannot pull a sentence together in the presence of a guy. I can't understand how you can call her annoying. Come on, people, aren't you just haters? ;>
Modified by clio_selene, Oct 16, 2010 7:42 AM
 
Oct 16, 2010 7:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 32
freko_frika said:
it was okay..love them in western outfits...though its obvious they're usin the hijikita road...but why tempt me with bits of okita looking as if he's smitten with chizuru...
then again, i think all the guys seem to be smitten with her, just me noticing okita, with him bein my favourite....
and the art is great as ever just chizuru is a bit..-__- and yeah not enuff okita....


there are a few hints that it follows okita's route, uh but well ... that's all I think.
It would prob be the best for every route one extra anime. *3* I would definitely watch the okita- and saitou-version.... don't laugh, it's allowed do dream! :<

anyways, I find it strange from chizuru offering her help and then refusing to give her blood... it's not like it needs ages to heal the wounds, it's done within a few seconds. o___o such an annoying girl -o-
 
Oct 16, 2010 8:01 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 55
Chiroyu said:
anyways, I find it strange from chizuru offering her help and then refusing to give her blood... it's not like it needs ages to heal the wounds, it's done within a few seconds. o___o such an annoying girl -o-

Well, it was only Sannan's hypothesis, not a sure thing. Then, Chizuru WAS really thinking of consenting to it, it was obvious, despite her being scared - and not without a reason. I wouldn't be surprised if next episode she agreed to this.

And... well, I see you already giving your blood to help others, yeah... ;>
 
Oct 16, 2010 8:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 32
I didn't see her considering it, maybe it's just me~
 
Oct 16, 2010 8:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1790
I think the way he asked so forcefully scared her, and he looked extremely creepy when he pulled out the overlarge knife as well, otherwise I am sure if he had approached her differently, she would do it as she is willing to help anyway she can regardless of her own safety.

I do wish they would give her more to do than be the glorified housekeeper and morale builder, but hopefully they will expand her role as we go along.

Nice to have the show back, but I kind of miss the old clothes and hair.

 
Oct 16, 2010 12:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 31
After watching last season, I got really hooked. I enjoy the shows originality and it doesn't seem to overdo anything. It's got a bit of a vampire theme to it, and THANK GOD Chizuru isn't all, "Drink my blood!" to the rasetsu, like some other anime I know. *coughVampireKnightcough*


I enjoy the bits of history in it too. It really makes you feel like the show is much more than just a typical naime, which it isnt. Anyway, it had a great start so far. Not too much fanservice, but just enough to make you melt :)
 
Oct 16, 2010 7:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1442
clio_selene said:
PPS. After reading all the comments, I have to say I totally can't understand the dislike of Chizuru. She is the best character in this anime, actually having some personality, not playing around like the bishonens there. Comparing to standard heroine of anime, she wins the dozens. She is decisive, intelligent, proud and knows what to do. She isn't an aggressive and shouting teenager, neither is she a stupid and blushing cow that cannot pull a sentence together in the presence of a guy. I can't understand how you can call her annoying. Come on, people, aren't you just haters? ;>

Sorry, no. Where is her personality? How is she intelligent or decisive? She blindly throws herself into situations, always thinking she wants to help, when in fact she is powerless. Her only ability so far seems to be regeneration. She has a sword that can kill oni but doesn't think to use it. Name one thing that Chizuru has done that didn't put herself or someone else in danger.
 
Oct 16, 2010 11:12 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 55
yamakasi said:

Sorry, no. Where is her personality? How is she intelligent or decisive? She blindly throws herself into situations, always thinking she wants to help, when in fact she is powerless. Her only ability so far seems to be regeneration. She has a sword that can kill oni but doesn't think to use it. Name one thing that Chizuru has done that didn't put herself or someone else in danger.


She is decisive in this that she's looking for her own way in the life, not only sitting and letting others do the thing. She left from home instead of sitting in the four walls and crying. In interactions with the men she is proud and can maintain her own point of view instead of blushing or stuttering or behaving any other way many anime girls do. It's a pleasure to look at her. She is a unique combination of a child and an adult, making mistakes yet possessing calm. She is concerned about the general situation, yet she can focus on what is most important: the people she has before her. In a subtle yet determined way she tends to these warriors and makes them do what she wants them to do, sometimes. She isn't a warrior there, so she cannot fight by their side, but she is fighting in a different way, caring for those who are important. She isn't a warrior so she sees things in a different way, too, but it's OK as warriors are always right. This all - and much more - stands for her personality.

I do not agree that she is powerless and cannot help. She is, indeed, powerless in that she cannot fight with a sword like they do. She is a small woman who was never taught to fight. But what she does for them, doing all the work and conveying all her feelings for them in it, it's of great importance. As for getting herself into situations that endanger her, well, it's not entirely her fault that she's an Oni and wanted because of it. Perhaps she should have just gone with them, so Shinsengumi would be in peace, but she has a right to make her own decisions.

But, of course, people see other people in a way it suits them best - or, in a way they were taught to. For me, Chizuru is a wonderful character, with all her virtues and flaws. She is refreshing and a bliss while never ideal. But ideal is something very subjective, isn't it?
 
Oct 17, 2010 6:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 430
I love love love love love their new looks. Bishounen heaven.
 
Oct 17, 2010 4:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1442
We're going to agree to disagree, I know, but I wanted to address some of your points anyway.

clio_selene said:
She is decisive in this that she's looking for her own way in the life, not only sitting and letting others do the thing. She left from home instead of sitting in the four walls and crying. In interactions with the men she is proud and can maintain her own point of view instead of blushing or stuttering or behaving any other way many anime girls do.

I will give her props for seeking out the Shinsengumi and her father's whereabouts, and having the intelligence to dress as a boy to get by. But after that she has just followed the Shinsengumi like a puppy; all her spark left pretty much after the first episode. Sure, she had several chances to leave with both sets of the oni (the villains and the princess) but chose to remain, which ultimately I think was worse off for everyone involved. It meant the shinsengumi were in danger again and Chizuru, being Chizuru, was likely to put them in more danger by running around misguidedly thinking she could help (when I say this I'm thinking of the episodes where she "patrols"... while people are after her. Talk about bait!).

clio_selene said:
In a subtle yet determined way she tends to these warriors and makes them do what she wants them to do, sometimes. She isn't a warrior there, so she cannot fight by their side, but she is fighting in a different way, caring for those who are important. She isn't a warrior so she sees things in a different way, too, but it's OK as warriors are always right. This all - and much more - stands for her personality.

I do not agree that she is powerless and cannot help. She is, indeed, powerless in that she cannot fight with a sword like they do. She is a small woman who was never taught to fight.

When does she make them do what she wants? Sorry, I just want clarification on this because I can't recall anything like that. Anyway, she was taught to use a sword in an episode and was seen training in other episodes, presumably continuing throughout the series. Sure, she'll never be as strong as the villains or shinsengumi, but the girl knows how to wield her sword. She just carries it around and forgets about it half the time. Even when she was approached by Kazama last season there were numerous times when he attacked her and she could have defended herself, possibly injuring him(!), but instead waited for Hijikata or another shinsengumi to step in and save her. You could argue that she's a pacifist but if she was then she would have voiced her concerns about the shinsengumi fighting, too. I also don't understand your "warriors are always right" comment. Did you mean "aren't"?

clio_selene said:
But what she does for them, doing all the work and conveying all her feelings for them in it, it's of great importance. As for getting herself into situations that endanger her, well, it's not entirely her fault that she's an Oni and wanted because of it.

Why is it important that she give them dreamy eyes and clean their dishes and serve them food? And I think she could have been more proactive after learning that the villains were after her and why; she could have taken more sword lessons and steeled herself for battle. They aren't going to stop coming for her, and this way she would be prepared. Instead she chooses to be saved countless times by others.

This is why she annoys me: she has potential to do something, but she squanders it. This is most likely because this anime is based on an otome game and basically the main char only needs to be a girl and surrounded by guys, so who cares whether or not she has a personality or is capable of holding her own? All they need to do is show bishounen in flashy new clothes and most people could care less about the pathetic main female character.

Tl;dr: Contrary to what you might think, I want to like Chizuru. Hence my wanting to know more about her past and her abilities above. I just don't like her at the moment because she hasn't given me sufficient reason to.
Modified by yamakasi, Oct 17, 2010 7:18 PM
 
Oct 17, 2010 7:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2847
Shouldn't must of them be dead? That girl is as useless as usual. They all look pretty and their new uniforms :P

The season just started and you can already feel the tension building.
 
Oct 18, 2010 4:54 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 276
Nothing changed besides the western uniforms.
For one more time, Chizuru is still useless.
 
Oct 18, 2010 5:25 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 55
yamakasi said:
We're going to agree to disagree, I know, but I wanted to address some of your points anyway.

First of all, thank you for discussion. We may disagree, but it's nice anyway to have your points explained and justified :)

yamakasi said:
Contrary to what you might think, I want to like Chizuru. Hence my wanting to know more about her past and her abilities above. I just don't like her at the moment because she hasn't given me sufficient reason to.

I can see it and I believe it. I allowed myself to take a look at your favourite characters, and if you like Motoko Kusanagi, this one thing is enough to understand what type of women you like to watch in anime, at least.

yamakasi said:
I will give her props for seeking out the Shinsengumi and her father's whereabouts, and having the intelligence to dress as a boy to get by. But after that she has just followed the Shinsengumi like a puppy

Well, she was a kind of forced to stay with Shinsengumi. They ordered her to stay with them as she had got involved in their matters. She did try to escape in the beginning, but it was only natural she couldn't fight against the infamous army. She had no chance against them and would be caught anyway. Another thing is that she grew attached to them, and that's why she didn't try to leave them any more. On the other hand, being as sensible as she was, she did consider leaving with Oni because her staying with Shinsengumi put the group in danger. There was, however, the mutual relation between Chizuru and Shinsengumi, and neither of them wanted to part in the end. That's understandable and, I suppose, very human.

yamakasi said:
When does she make them do what she wants? Sorry, I just want clarification on this because I can't recall anything like that.

She is able to persuade them to take some care of themselves even if no-one else can manage as much. It was her concern that made Sannan join others after longer absence/self-chosen isolation in the first season, and made Hijikata focus a bit on daily things instead of politics only in the episode 13. Of course, these can seem not so important things, yet I personally find them significant.

yamakasi said:
Anyway, she was taught to use a sword in an episode and was seen training in other episodes, presumably continuing throughout the series. Sure, she'll never be as strong as the villains or shinsengumi, but the girl knows how to wield her sword. She just carries it around and forgets about it half the time.

I am really sure you have to be a warrior to use it just like that.

yamakasi said:
I also don't understand your "warriors are always right" comment. Did you mean "aren't"?

Of course I did. Sorry. My mistake.

yamakasi said:
Why is it important that she give them dreamy eyes and clean their dishes and serve them food?

Of course it is. As well as the care and concern she has for them. It's one of the most fundamental things.

yamakasi said:
And I think she could have been more proactive after learning that the villains were after her and why; she could have taken more sword lessons and steeled herself for battle. They aren't going to stop coming for her, and this way she would be prepared. Instead she chooses to be saved countless times by others.

Yeah, she could. But it didn't happen, for any reason there would be. I don't think, though, one should condemn her for it.

yamakasi said:
This is why she annoys me: she has potential to do something, but she squanders it. This is most likely because this anime is based on an otome game and basically the main char only needs to be a girl and surrounded by guys, so who cares whether or not she has a personality or is capable of holding her own? All they need to do is show bishounen in flashy new clothes and most people could care less about the pathetic main female character.

I understand it perfectly, although I still don't agree. When starting with Hakuouki, it felt like I was watching Fushigi Yuugi. But, then, it happened that I got to like Chizuru and even admire her, and you didn't. At least, I am happier person here ;) But, hey, I believe you are able to find another anime with female characters that are much worth your attention ;)
 
Oct 18, 2010 11:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 240
Oh my god, Hijikata looks like Sebastian *shot*.

Woo, sorry. Just had to say it. I have slight interest in this season, if for nothing more than to see Sannan go crazy. He looks like he's sprinting down the crazy path. And I would like to see Chizuru actually...use...the sword she carries around :/ You know, at some point.


Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
 
Oct 19, 2010 2:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 78
YAAA!! O_o hijikata and the others look so...sexy in those western clothes T_T but the subbed episodes are appearing so slow thatI'm going crazy waiting for new episode ... Go Chizuru!! I reallylike her...but it's obvious that sheloves Hijikata so i wonder what will happen? I hope that the anime won't focus on the battle only ...
 
Oct 19, 2010 9:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 277
Hijikata & Saitou in western uniforms...
XzellaZ said:
the subbed episodes are appearing so slow thatI'm going crazy waiting for new episode ...

I't was driving me crazy! I've waited for a week till the subs came out...
XzellaZ said:
but it's obvious that sheloves Hijikata so i wonder what will happen? I hope that the anime won't focus on the battle only ...

The ED showes us they'll be together... I wish it wasn't so obvious!...

And i LOVE new OP and ED. And the soundtrack.
 
Oct 23, 2010 8:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 672
Good start overall. Missed this show and now it's finally back with new event :3
They look so cool with the new suits :3 But cutting the heir was awfull ;_;



 
Oct 24, 2010 7:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 170
Yay the subs are out! Well I should say I finally realized the subs were out.

Saito is still my favorite character and Chizuru still seems to be useless.

I still enjoy the story but am hoping for more action in the coming episodes. BTW Chizuru never found her dad right? Just got a little info on him, so is that goal completely abandoned now?
 
Oct 27, 2010 4:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 3720
If I can remember one of the Shinsengumi sided with the enemy
alright they got additional weaponry
Nice start
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

 
Oct 30, 2010 12:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1506
Western clothes.
Uhm yes.
 
Oct 31, 2010 9:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 206
This was the best 20 minutes of my life.
 
Oct 31, 2010 10:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 727
Uskaro said:
Oh my god, Hijikata looks like Sebastian *shot*.

Woo, sorry. Just had to say it. I have slight interest in this season, if for nothing more than to see Sannan go crazy. He looks like he's sprinting down the crazy path. And I would like to see Chizuru actually...use...the sword she carries around :/ You know, at some point.
Holy crap, you're right! I didn't even notice that at all! And yeah... I really hope Chizuru actually does something this time 'round. I'm also hoping she gets a make-over of some sort. Couldn't they make our heroine a little bit cuter? Maybe? Please? And I know she has to dress like a boy, but even so... come on!

Personally, I think Heisuke looks the best in the new make-over. I think I will miss all of their old outfits. Especially Saitou's. Oh my God, Saitou, why did you cut your hair?! *Cries*

Hijikata and Heisuke don't look too shabby with their hair cut shorter. Heisuke is improved. Hijikata is so-so. But he's Hijikata, thus he is still awesome no matter what. However, Saitou is still a bit more in my favor, just as he always has been.

God, this show's animation is just complete eye-candy compared to what I've been watching lately! I love it. :D
 
Nov 2, 2010 10:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 54
Okay... now is it me... or did Sano just get 100x more awesome just by changing clothes?! O.O
I know it sounds weird. I didn't pay much attention to Sano before in the first season, but it seems that just by a change of clothes and a haircut... he looks so much more awesome and he just really stood out to me.
 
Dec 13, 2010 5:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 25
Gah... I can't get over how Saitou blushed because of the buttons.
I still don't like Chizuru though. >_>
 
Feb 1, 2011 7:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 178
Hijikata looked as if he's sick with the dark eye-bag.
I'm really suspicious of Sannan wandering at night. I wonder if he'll betray the Shinsengumi soon.
Finally he targeted Chizuru for his experiment, but Hijikata saved her ugh~

Nyiaaaaaaa~ the western outfit is exactly what i've been waiting for. Sano.... I really love him in the first season he's become hotter in the new outfit. And I really love Heisuke's new haircut. Saitou being embarrassed when Chizuru pointed out about the buttons was really cute haha. And Hijikata never fail to be so good-looking. He reminds me of Sebas-chan though.

Loving the OP and ED
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
 
Sep 30, 2012 4:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2616
A great start. It was weird to see them with short hair, however the western uniforms looked rather good.

 
Feb 22, 2013 9:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10482
They look so cool wearing the western uniforms.
 
Mar 22, 2013 8:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 65
Saito-kun is so adorable when he blushed from chizuru saying he has the coat on wrong. And oh my god, don't get me started of how much swoon I had when hijikata-san came on. @_@ So handsome...
I'm a Mangaka in training watch me as i make my way to the top!!

Wanted: A sensei to teach me and push me in the right direction for being a mangaka
 
Jul 5, 2013 12:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2072
[color=#FF4500
In Western Clothes! Saito looks so hot. :3
I can't wait for Souji to wear those clothes. *kyaaaaa*
[/color]

Say something.
 
Jul 20, 2013 9:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1256
Chizuru still gets on my nerves. But Saito- dammit. . . . Those outfits too. I want Souji to come soon too xD
 
Oct 28, 2013 6:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 225
Finally the Western clothes! So... much... hotness... @_@

And I'm so happy they included the button scene with Saito. <3 Damn. When he blushed I think my heart temporarily stopped.
 
Jan 2, 2014 2:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 58
aha western look XD
 
Mar 22, 2014 1:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 30949
Western clothing <3 Yay new hairstyles as well. LOL

Kind of a weird start to s2 but okay.

cosplay club
sports anime club
touken ranbu club
free rotating sigs

interested in joining tokyo otaku mode? click here to get 10 dollars off upon joining!
 
Jun 14, 2014 3:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 8642
Solid follow up on the last season so far, setting up the scene for a big battle. Seems like Kondou is becoming too much of a sucker for status, somehow I don't think this castle gig is gonna turn out well. It's a shame how much Sannan has fallen.

I prefer the first OP's song but I really like the new one's scenes. I have to say that even from my point of view the guys are looking really good in that western clothing. That scene with Chizuru gushing over Toshi's new look was cute and her trying to correct Saitou was hilarious with his stoic embarrassment.
 
Top
Pages (3) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2]