Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 9, 2010 5:21 PM

Jun 2009
Haven't read original, doesn't care about skipping. I liked it and the only thing that bugs me is Yakumo himself. I know it's a shoujo, but he's too much like any other cool-main-guy-from-a-shoujo. Reminded me about Naru-chan.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 10, 2010 4:04 AM
Oct 2010
I like it :D I was indulged to watch it
amazing anime , cant wait for next episode ~~~
Oct 10, 2010 6:11 AM

Feb 2008
GOTOU IS HOT LIKE HELL.

Seriously, nice anime, my favorite of this season, can't wait to see more. :D
Oct 10, 2010 4:39 PM

Jul 2007
Ugh. So. Disappointed. I have not read the novels myself, but friend was reading it and well..she said she rather not continue this. I did only read the short and other unfinished manga adaptations that were different from each other but this is..just whole new different. The story doesn't even seem barely the same, except for few moments and their names. And uhm, I thought Yakumo had blue eyes. Whats with this ugly green. To make the red more effective? Dumb. AND THAT PINK SHADE OF HAIR WHY. The characters dont draw me in at all, and the case lost all its suspense. I hope they dont keep revealing the criminals at half of case since it makes the other horribly boring. Sure, set up house on fire to avoid that boring and then chat on roof to confirm the boring. Sigh.. And no explanation why the teacher killed them either etc.
Only checked the raw of next ep for now but not sure if I will give the show much chances. To think I was really looking forward to this :(

And since his eye and the interaction between the characters add depth to them, Im pretty much disappointed at how the characters seem flat in this.

... I really might end up watching this just for Ono D.
Need to make new sig. Soon. Maybe.
Oct 11, 2010 8:56 PM

Nov 2007
As someone who found the manga (this version) surprisingly average, I hope this anime is better since I heard it was adapted from the novel. Novel readers -- is the novel better than the manga version I read?

I read the manga ages ago but I don't remember the "villain" character with the two red eyes at the end of this ep. I hope he wasn't in the manga I read and I'm not going crazy. @_@

Anyway, so far I'm unimpressed. Wtf @ not explaining why the killer did what he did, and double wtf @ them sitting on the roof of a burning building and having a chat. I also didn't like what they did with the dead sister. Idk, maybe it was like this in the manga; I can't remember. :/
yamakasiOct 11, 2010 10:46 PM
Oct 12, 2010 8:48 AM

Jun 2009
So disappointed, compared to the manga: they've skipped a lot of disturbing stuffs (in my case) the part where the ghost showed up behind Miki like Sadako effect

1. How the killer was caught was simply plain
2. They didn't investigate the old school building - bloody fingerprints
3. Before the incident happened, the ghost (Sadako effect) behind Mika and others wasn't here
4. He burned the bldg, really?? and her eldest sister in a mind, psych whatever
5. The genre of investigation wasn't really presented.. it was not even deeper than Detective Conan style
6. What the heck was the villain thing..

as for now 2/10
ZinvyOct 12, 2010 7:25 PM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 13, 2010 11:08 PM

Feb 2010
I thought this episode was SOLID. Well done. One of my faves so far....

5/5 :D
Oct 14, 2010 4:20 PM

Mar 2010
Ugh, this kind of annoyed me..prolly cause I read both the styles of the manga. They changed so much it's crazy, they lost the tiny comedy nature it had in it...and changed the first story completely, Let's not mention that it had plot holes and it's only the first episodes...I won't drop it yet but if it keeps going the same way then it's dropped for sure.

Oct 14, 2010 5:36 PM

Jul 2009
OP and ED were both pretty good but I thought the OP fit really well. Story was good, liked the mystery :D Yakumo is so cool lol XD Too bad the girl (Haruka?) was annoying ... >_< Kind of blurry too, low quality? o_O
Those people at the end were cool ... totally knew it would be "darkness" :P
Oct 15, 2010 2:34 PM

Sep 2007
Wow, at last an anime without loads of fanservice and perverse plot.
Oct 16, 2010 12:56 PM

Aug 2009
This is an OnoD fangirl's wetdream....
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Oct 21, 2010 1:00 PM

Sep 2009
This was a pretty good start. I will definitely look at the rest.
Oct 22, 2010 7:22 AM
Aug 2010
Excelent episode I think this will be one of the best of this season.
Nov 5, 2010 3:19 AM

Feb 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
djsjr said:
By the way for people who didn't know, the same voice actor from Air that did Yukito (The silver haired duded) is doing the main character, Yakumo on here.
You could just say Ono Daisuke. He's highly famous VA, you know.

This show has amazing BGM. Both the OP and ED is amazing.
Yakumo is so hot

I cannot believe they left out practically all the horror elements shown in the manga. I mean it.... all! The synchronization of the events were better in the manga if compared.

Have a lot of expectation from this show. It has to get better in terms of freaking people. At least it should some closer to Shiki's level.

Support that.
Nov 18, 2010 11:59 AM

Jan 2008
sophy4ever said:
Yakumo = hot
Story = predictable cliche
Girl = really annoying

Sums it up pretty well. I'll try to finish this anyways.
Nov 18, 2010 10:57 PM

Apr 2010
Well, I'm not crazy about this anime... YET! Hope I will be :)

Jan 1, 2011 1:16 PM

Aug 2008
morbidly_sexy said:
sophy4ever said:
Yakumo = hot
Girl = really annoying

Agreed.

I hope they won't make romance plot between Yakumo and that girl.
Jan 16, 2011 8:41 AM

Feb 2010
So far it's good. Yakumo will make me stick to this anime with his hotness

a-v said:
Wow, at last an anime without loads of fanservice and perverse plot.

exactly what i thought
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Mar 10, 2012 1:49 AM

Sep 2011
SO much happened within the first episode. lol

Awesome soundtracks and ED as well! :)
Apr 1, 2012 3:33 PM

Mar 2009
It would have been more fun if there was more than one suspect.
Feb 6, 2013 10:51 AM

May 2012
Damn that was an epic start I must say, really nice pace and just an amazingly touching ending! Made me tear up a bit as well... The piano piece made me remember of Gankutsuou's op was quite fun to remember that again :p

Great start I must say interesting setting, nice theme and just a nice pace, lets see what's next!
Apr 15, 2013 10:19 AM

Feb 2011
Loved the dark theme of the series:

->Badass op
->Badass main character.
Apr 22, 2013 10:24 PM

Sep 2012
Eh. It wasn't very exciting.
Apr 29, 2013 4:56 AM

Aug 2007
I wasn't impressed at all.
It was predictable and bland.
But I'm not one to drop anime series, so I'll stick with it until the end.
Hopefully my option changes as the story goes on.

Jun 3, 2013 7:16 AM

Oct 2008
It wasn't bad for a first episode, but as said before it's a predictable plot.
It all seemed to go too smoothly, they figured the murderer out way too fast.
I'm giving it a chance anyway, I want to see if it improves.
Jun 27, 2013 9:00 PM
Jun 2009
Holy crap, his eye turned red after I hit him upside the head with a chunk of wood! I better drop my weapon and run away like a little girl.
Aug 11, 2013 7:43 PM

Jul 2012
3.5/5 not that bad, but I didn't particularly love it... It's not very exciting. I'm tempted to spoil myself a bit. Hopefully, I can build enough motivation to watch episode 2...

morbidly_sexy said:
sophy4ever said:
Yakumo = hot
Girl = really annoying

LOL pretty much. The girl isn't the worst though. Just pretty flat for her personality. Not only is the MC attractive but Daisuke Ono's voice works with it awesomely.

Zealot said:
Holy crap, his eye turned red after I hit him upside the head with a chunk of wood! I better drop my weapon and run away like a little girl.

LOL yess.
Jul 9, 2014 10:22 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty good start :)
Nov 22, 2014 7:50 PM

Jan 2012
Nice anime, it reminds me a little bit about ghost hunt
Good dark theme

Feb 26, 2015 3:24 PM

May 2014
Nice series! At first glance, i wasn't sure i'd like it but now i love it :D
Nov 19, 2015 3:39 PM

Mar 2010
I love these type of animes and seems even more interesting than ghost hunt.

It makes me think of fatwl frame the game
Feb 6, 2016 1:17 AM

Jul 2008
A really underdeveloped plot for the first episode. They focuses a lot more on Yakumo and Haruka's relationship than making the mystery make sense. We didn't even get a motive for the murders, they just are.

A bit disappointed because the manga is wonderful on *both* aspects - Yakumo and Haruka's relationship and intricate, interesting, fully fleshed out mysteries.
---"'As long as you're alive - you've got 100% chance of dying"---

---there are two infinite things, the universe and the human stupidity. about the first one I'm
not sure...---

---Math should go drown itself in the toilet---
Mar 16, 2016 4:06 PM

Jul 2015
Who are the people in the photographs in the end credits of this show? Does anyone know?
May 10, 2016 3:00 AM

Jul 2008
Huh, that was quite the calm talk for being in the middle of a burning building.
Jun 18, 2017 9:47 PM
Sep 2015
Wait, if the ghosts can possess people and make them sick, WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THEY DO THIS TO THEIR MURDERER???
Apr 18, 2018 8:53 PM

Aug 2014
Awesome first episode. This is going to be great, I can feel it!
Jun 22, 2021 5:24 AM

Jun 2016
A standard mystery plot to kick this series off. This maybe should have been 2 eps long, but even then I can't tell if they'd be able to stretch it out that much.

The main duo seem like they'll have decent chemistry and that silver haired guy at the end has double Code Geass eyes instead of Yakumo's one... oh no.

Dec 30, 2022 1:06 PM

Mar 2019
Nice first episode, I already like Yakumo. Kind of confusing who the villain is and what he's trying to do.

The opening was good and the OST makes the atmosphere even better.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 9, 7:51 PM

Dec 2022
Quite enjoyable so far. Nothing especially unique about it for a supernatural mystery, but Yakumo is charismatic enough, and the ghosts having both benevolent and malevolent aspects to them (although I suspect the malevolent aspects may be unconscious in nature) keeps the suspense up.

Almost thought the ghost loli was another one of Takaoka's victims who was perhaps killed at a different time, but turns out she was actually Haruka's deceased older sister, who killed in an accident which Haruka understandably felt guilt over. Yakumo being able to spiritually reunite Haruka and her sister was unexpected, but a nice altruistic gesture to help Haruka get some solace.

However, not a fan of introducing some sunglasses guy with two red medium eyes at the end of the episode; it cheapens the premise of Yakumo's power far too early in the anime. Would've been more understandable if this guy was introduced in the latter half of the show,

Shaded Horizon

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 26, 2010

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 19, 2010

48 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2010

52 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

65 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 2:39 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2010

72 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.