Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2010 7:18 PM

Aug 2009
Well, this shot up in the rankings quick enough.
Oct 3, 2010 7:20 PM

Aug 2009
eeeh aahhhh arrg

!"£$%^&*()-

why did people look forward to this show again? or a better question, what's the catch for guys if you're not gay?
Oct 3, 2010 7:25 PM

Aug 2009
Mechablitz said:
eeeh aahhhh arrg

!"£$%^&*()-

why did people look forward to this show again? or a better question, what's the catch for guys if you're not gay?

Cause it's not gay?
Oct 3, 2010 7:40 PM

Sep 2010
Different than I expected, but it seems interesting.
I'm confused about a lot of things, so hopefully the next episode will answer some of my questions.
Oct 3, 2010 7:43 PM

Sep 2008
garfield15 said:
Mechablitz said:
eeeh aahhhh arrg

!"£$%^&*()-

Cause it's not gay?
This is true. Thus far nothing remotely homosexual has occurred. If a pretty boy makes you that uncomfortable then I hate to be the one who asks you why but um... yeah. I don't know how to tactfully go any further with that line of thought.
Oct 3, 2010 7:47 PM
Jul 2008
Come on, not gay? Did you see those poses? GALACTIC BISHOUNEN?!
Still, awesomeness.
Oct 3, 2010 7:52 PM

Sep 2008
Effeminate to be sure, but thus far nothing homosexual or homoerotic. I mean face it, the anime industry has seen some pretty immasculine mecha pilots. At least this one's not a whiny bitch.
Oct 3, 2010 7:54 PM

Nov 2007
holy shit it's been forever since i last watched a mecha anime I'VE FORGOTTEN HOW RIDICULOUS IT IS.

this is fabulous though. i'm just crossing my fingers the raburabu story won't ruin it.
Oct 3, 2010 7:55 PM
Nov 2008
This is going to be the Revolutionary Girl Utena of mecha series.

Aug 2009
Nachotee said:
Come on, not gay? Did you see those poses? GALACTIC BISHOUNEN?!
Still, awesomeness.

Fabulous=/=gay.

But yes awesomeness.

And I agree with the "at least he's not whining" bit. I prefer fabulously awesome to whining emo pilots.

Nov 2007
W-what the fuck? The first half started out okay, and then suddenly all this shit happened. By the end of it I felt like they'd condensed 5 episodes worth of plot revelations into 5 minutes.

Hrm. We'll see what the next ep is like. Maybe they can pull themselves out of this hole with proper pacing and characterisation.
yamakasiOct 3, 2010 8:07 PM
Oct 3, 2010 8:02 PM

Feb 2009
i hear a tiny voice in my head saying '' WTF did I just watch?'' and im pretty much confused about the first ep but...the intro really cool so i guess it ain't all that bad...
I'am Thou And Thou Art I...And we're a HAPPY FAMILY!!!
Oct 3, 2010 8:02 PM
Dec 2009
LOL! Galactic Pretty Boy! cracked me up xD
I LOVE the colors and animation.
So many awesome voice actors :] The punch fail was funny
This anime made my day, so epically crazy K:
Main character is outgoing and a galactic pretty boy, FABULOUS, hahaha
Aqua Timez :]
tag©.androgynous
Oct 3, 2010 8:03 PM

Aug 2007
This episode was pretty craptastic, but that seems to be the flavour of the year: crap. I hope they end up explaining what the hell I just watched next episode, or this will be an almost immediate drop. I certainly hope it isn't another Dragonaut trying to be Gurren Lagann anime.
Oct 3, 2010 8:05 PM

Sep 2008
brass2themax said:
This episode was pretty craptastic, but that seems to be the flavour of the year: crap. I hope they end up explaining what the hell I just watched next episode, or this will be an almost immediate drop. I certainly hope it isn't another Dragonaut trying to be Gurren Lagann anime.
Are there a lot of those?
Oct 3, 2010 8:16 PM
May 2009
Decent episode, felt a little bit lost at times but i think understand what i just witnessed now, has alot of potential will see how it turns out. :)
Oct 3, 2010 8:18 PM

Apr 2008
Fantastic animation. If anything, I think that's what sold me right away.

And, not surprising, we have all those that can't think without having to immediately pull the "that's gay" card. The scenes were flamboyant, please do us the favor and stop with the derogatory connection to that word. Grow up, seriously.
Oct 3, 2010 8:19 PM

Dec 2008
The penis ties and flamboyant poses make me think this is going to be the most fab show this season, and likely this year. Kuragehime might give this a run for its money, though.

Also, most of the humor didn't really get me, but that "It's a pinch-i!" stuff had me face-palming and then laughing my ass off.
Oct 3, 2010 8:23 PM

Aug 2009
brass2themax said:

Or we could let it develop over 24 episodes explaining itself before writing it off as Dragonaut crap.
Oct 3, 2010 8:24 PM

Aug 2008
I could do without all the posing and pretty, sparkly stuff. But I am happy that something new and exciting is coming to my mecha anime line up. Felt like a stange combination of RahXephon and Utena. I'll be anxiously awaiting the next beautiful, confusing, vague episode of this series.
Oct 3, 2010 8:28 PM

Oct 2007
omg they didn't explain everything on a silver platter, this show must be crap.

Kagura89 said:
Hana-kei said:
by the way, I couldn't believe that Obata Takeshi, the author of Death Note is the designer of characters. maybe that's because these characters have colorful hairs unlike Death Note or Hikago or Bakuman.
Nope, not Takeshi Obata doing the original character design but the two siblings Misa Mizuya and Hiroka Mizuya (rumor floating that these two used to work with Obata but idk if it true) but yeah the art is similar ^_^;;

It's funny hnw Star Drivers designs are more in line with Obata's than the Bakuman anime is lol,
Oct 3, 2010 8:31 PM

Oct 2007
Mechablitz said:

http://i.imgur.com/3LmHU.jpg
Oct 3, 2010 8:33 PM

Aug 2009
Westlo said:
Mechablitz said:

http://i.imgur.com/3LmHU.jpg

Win to the epic.
Oct 3, 2010 8:42 PM

Jan 2010
Is it just me or is the whole "secret fighting place in the school" a rehash from Utena?
Ok™
Oct 3, 2010 8:44 PM
May 2009
Good Anime. Epic fight and music.

The rate should be at least 8 T___T Geeez, how can it's lower than Ore no Imouto?
Oct 3, 2010 8:45 PM

Jul 2009
Dude. FABULOUS! overload :O
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Oct 3, 2010 8:50 PM

Aug 2009
havsie said:
Is it just me or is the whole "secret fighting place in the school" a rehash from Utena?

There's a lot of Utena in this imo. It's all the head writer's influence
Oct 3, 2010 8:52 PM

Jan 2008
Pretty epic lmfao.. I was waiting for this type of show, this is gonna be without a doubt the best anime of this fall.
Oct 3, 2010 9:05 PM

Jan 2008
When he changed clothes, I thought it looked like a mahou shoujo transformation...no; it was a like a mahou-shounen transformation! ...and the mecha's pose looked kinda fruity, if you know what I mean.

I have mixed feelings about this first ep, so I'll continue a few more to see if it's something that will satiate my palate from my initial expectations.
Oct 3, 2010 9:08 PM

Jan 2010
Animation is great. That's all I could say for now.. Maybe a little more explanation could do..

it's good.. but for the best anime of this fall?.. Let's still see what happens.. there's so many great animes to choose from this season..
Oct 3, 2010 9:12 PM

Mar 2010
It was a good start for the series. :)
Though the sparkly magical transformation was a lil too much for me, the battle was pretty awesome and I'm expecting great things from Star Driver. ^^
Oct 3, 2010 9:59 PM
Jun 2007
I literally spat my drink at the first mention of "a fabulous school life". This show is gonna be one hell of a fruity ride - and I think I'm gonna love every single minute of it.

garfield15 said:
havsie said:

There's a lot of Utena in this imo. It's all the head writer's influence

I'm hoping that the show delivers
Oct 3, 2010 10:00 PM

May 2010
this is without a doubt one of the gayest shows i have ever seen in my life >.> ...Galactic bishounen? wtf gay shit is that D: and a magical girl type transformation scene...but instead of a girl its a guy? wtf ..and the robot looks freaking gay especially that gay looking post it did...excuse my constant use of the word GAY it is by far the only word that can be used for a show like this..IMO
Oct 3, 2010 10:04 PM

Aug 2008
TrueUchiha said:
this is without a doubt one of the gayest shows i have ever seen in my life >.> ...Galactic bishounen? wtf gay shit is that D: and a magical girl type transformation scene...but instead of a girl its a guy? wtf ..and the robot looks freaking gay especially that gay looking post it did...excuse my constant use of the word GAY it is by far the only word that can be used for a show like this..IMO

Sure is Tim Hardaway in here.

Anyways, I fucking loved this. Totally over the top, and sparkles everywhere. Loving the soundtrack, the animation, and the voice actors. Everything has met my expectations so far. It's nice to have another fabulous mecha show to look forward to on my otherwise dreary Sundays.
Oct 3, 2010 10:26 PM
Oct 2010
Good .

Oct 3, 2010 10:28 PM

Oct 2009
The animation is so reminiscent of TTGL... Fantastic first episode hopefully it can continue that way for the rest. :)
Oct 3, 2010 10:29 PM

Oct 2009
Oh man, i just know i'm going to love this show.
Oct 3, 2010 10:33 PM

Nov 2008
Lelouch and Setsuna VA's ehll yea! but i get the feeling that theres a love triangle and sugata is gonna get cheated by that red haired fag I MEAN COME ON ITS LELOUCH! wheres C.C. when you need her...
Oct 3, 2010 10:53 PM
Feb 2009
wierd start but ok im down
Oct 3, 2010 11:11 PM

Jun 2009
Had a Fabulogasm while watching the show. I lost some of my manliness after watching this.
Oct 3, 2010 11:19 PM
Apr 2008
I know somebody already tried explaining the end of the ep, but I'm still confused. Did the protagonist already know beforehand that he was the Galactic Pretty Boy? I mean, how else would he have been able to summon that mecha and pilot it so well? I guess what I'm trying to say is that I expected a lot more background information on the plot.
Oct 3, 2010 11:26 PM

Jul 2009
prophetic said:
I know somebody already tried explaining the end of the ep, but I'm still confused. Did the protagonist already know beforehand that he was the Galactic Pretty Boy? I mean, how else would he have been able to summon that mecha and pilot it so well? I guess what I'm trying to say is that I expected a lot more background information on the plot.

It's the first episode of a 25-ep series, don't expect too much exposition :O
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Oct 3, 2010 11:30 PM

Jul 2009
prophetic said:

The whole thing is kinda messy for now but don't worry, sooner it will be explained though. Utena did through that in earlier episodes but became made sense later on. The fact that Takuto is crazy enough to swim across from mainland to Southern Cross island hinted that Takuto is not your average teenager, that what we can get from him for now.

Story-wise is pretty good. The dialogue is sharp and more about interplay between the characters rather than going around in circles explaining the plot.

EDIT: reading the translated "World of Star Driver" pdf file would be helpful to someone that feel hazy about the overall situation.
Kagura89Oct 4, 2010 8:34 PM
Oct 3, 2010 11:36 PM

Sep 2008
prophetic said:

He didn't know that HE was the galactic pretty boy, but he definitely knows what's going on (or a part of it), so when he got to the action he wasn't surprised.

Also it's the first episode, don't expect info dump on the first week.
Oct 3, 2010 11:55 PM

Mar 2010
wow nice start to the series... only thing i can complain on is the gay hip movements when he transforms and the actually transforming part being all sparkly... nice start, im now interested in this one
My Blog: Due2Life

Oct 4, 2010 12:05 AM

May 2008
just kept thinking in my mind while watching this episode, "wtf is going on..."
Oct 4, 2010 12:12 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
This is the silliest anime I've seen yet from Bones.

I burst out laughing at, "YOU'RE the Galactic Pretty Boy?"

I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop this.
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Oct 4, 2010 12:14 AM

Nov 2007
This is so FABULOUS, in a good way. Your galaxy will shine!
Oct 4, 2010 12:30 AM

Sep 2010
Finally, something that's up there with Gurren-Lagann on the over-the-top awesomeness scale. While i'm not into these bishounen shows this one reminds me too much of TTGL, I'll have to see where they go with it... =D
Oct 4, 2010 12:35 AM

Jul 2008
Yes finally a epic fast pace mecha show is here.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 23, 2011

130 by HerdianElang »»
Apr 8, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Oct 31, 2010

135 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jan 17, 5:33 PM

» This anime have some kind of boys love?

Kuku_Kill - Feb 11, 2023

6 by Ronninn »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 30, 2011

102 by notbraxten »»
Sep 1, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Apr 3, 2011

242 by Alvie48xi »»
Aug 30, 2022 8:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.