Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2010 4:31 PM

Aug 2010
Never read the manga, so I'm completely new to this.

Loved it, might end up being my favorite show of the season. Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 2, 2010 4:34 PM
Feb 2009
awesome start :)
Oct 2, 2010 4:39 PM
Jun 2010
That was ok, I wasn't that much impressed by the beginning of Bakuman either, it should get better later.

I'm disappointed the Death Note reference wasn't that funny, but everything else is ok.

The animation is good, I can't wait to see how they are gonna animate that certain funny character :)

I almost though I downloaded the wrong episode x)

Oct 2, 2010 4:42 PM

Nov 2008
llamaben said:
I came into the anime with extremely high expectations, but this episode even surpassed them. With only 25 episodes, I thought the pace may be a little fast, but the pace was done perfectly - felt really nice and slow, while covering 57 pages.

As a manga reader, I found that the voices fit quite well, which is quite rare for a first impression. Not only that, it would be extremely hard to find a better OP for the series, and the ED is well above average as well. The insert OP (not really sure what to call it) was also great, as was the BGM.

The story itself is only just getting started, but the manga is really well done, and if the anime sticks to the manga there's no doubt the story will be very interesting.

My only complaint so far would be the animation, which felt a little low budget. By no means was it terrible, but could have been better... Oh well, I don't really care too much about animation anyway.

Basically, IMO everything was perfect except for the animation. I should never have expected any less from Kenichi Kasai, who really brings out the best in any adaption he does, and is definitely my all time favourite director. I'm starting this off at 10/10, which is obviously a first for me...

I think you have said everything I was going to say. And I completely agree about the animation value. Something about it seems off to me. Can't quite put my finger on it yet. But as you, I couldn't care less about the animation.

My only complaint however is the opening. I was expecting something that would get you hyped up for the episode. but instead, we have some lovie dovie genetic love song.

Overall. Fairly well done. Was a little skeptical at first but now, i'm pleased with the outcome.

Oct 2, 2010 5:06 PM
Dec 2009
Now this is awesome.
Oct 2, 2010 5:09 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, I need to begin to read this manga (I was planing to before this but there are exams).
Oct 2, 2010 5:15 PM

Jan 2010
Miho looks prettier in the anime!
*joy*
Oct 2, 2010 5:16 PM

Jul 2009
So nice seeing this series in animation. The Super Hero Legend opening at the beginning was awesome! I hope they make a fake opening for Crow too! But these Engrish subs are terrible. No matter, I already know what's going on anyway.
Oct 2, 2010 5:21 PM

May 2009
I think it's not too hasty to say this show's gonna be good :)
I was waiting for this anime, and i'm glad it met my expectations ^^ I'm looking forward to the rest!
(I already wanna watch the next ep so bad!)

I like the references to Dragon Ball and One Piece :D
I'm glad i didn't read the manga, so that i could enjoy the anime more~ It's gonna be fun =)
Oct 2, 2010 5:28 PM

Apr 2010
One word:

Icrappedmypantsattheawesomeness.

Oct 2, 2010 5:39 PM
May 2010
Wow, this has to be the first anime where the shy protagonist and his love interest promise to marry in the first episode.
Oct 2, 2010 5:44 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Wonderful first episode! Kaya's VA is a bit annoying, but hopefully that will change.

I can't wait to see some Eiji action.

Takagi is so much more taller than Mashiro in the anime than the manga!

I really liked both the OP and the ED. I though it was great that they showed the OP for Mashiro's uncle's anime. Caught me off guard too, though just for a bit :P
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Oct 2, 2010 5:45 PM

May 2007
I liked it :D They got the feel of the manga right. :D
cant wait to see all the epic faces Saiko and Tagaki now in color&sound. XD

Oct 2, 2010 5:48 PM

Aug 2010
I've never read the manga but I was very interested in watching this series. I really like the animation style and the plot is different from a lot of other shows right now. It's got a nice bit of humoring going and I can't wait to see how things develop. And the part were Saiko just yelled "will you marry me?" just killed me XD

All in all a good first episode.
Oct 2, 2010 5:49 PM

Apr 2010
lol i was only watchin it cuz it seemed kinda cool... but this might just be the best this season

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Oct 2, 2010 5:50 PM

Sep 2007
JC Staff has done it again. What a great start that was. The references to other manga was pretty lulz.
Oct 2, 2010 5:52 PM

Oct 2009
Good kickstart to an episode, animation almost looked terrible, but it was fine to my standards.

Instant marriage promise = lol.

8/10

Oct 2, 2010 5:53 PM
Nov 2009
loved it!!! Can't wait for Eiji =D it's going to be hella funny

As for the animation, it's shounen, can't do much about it
My only real complaint goes to the hair, especially Takagi's, it makes him look less cool than in the manga
Oct 2, 2010 5:55 PM

Sep 2009
'There is no way we're going to top Dragonball or One Piece' XD
Funny episode throughout and a very unexpected 'YES'.
Takagi is basically awesome.
The animation was a bit bad but hate complaining about it.
Can already see myself loving this show. Just hope they don't drag it and make it boring as the show will have 25 episodes.
Oct 2, 2010 5:56 PM

Apr 2010
As a person who reads the manga I was waiting for this for so long!

It was good, though I think the opening doesn't suit the anime at all. I imagined a more powerful, energetic one.

Oct 2, 2010 6:01 PM

Nov 2009
If your all sharing positive words for the adaption, then i can rest assured and watch, then read. I was going to pick up the manga when i saw it was getting an anime and decided to wait.
My expectations were high since i saw the raw today, and i was bouncing around the room from then till i had to type this. This past year i have had DRR, Angel Beats, and K-ON!! to look forward too as my 'i am entitled to awesomeness every week' show. Hopefully this can be this Fall's show.

I seriously had to pause at the proposal part, recollect from the embarrassment i felt for the kid, and resume. Thankfully it turned out fine for him. =) I have to say Takagi isn't #1 in the class for anything; he is pretty crafty.
Oct 2, 2010 6:07 PM
Aug 2009
I didn't really get into Bakuman until TO/TO added suspense and cliffhangers, so I'm just holding out for when the series gets better. I squeed at the ending though. My favorite characters all appeared in it (and the preview for the next episode shows a certain classmate of their's)! :)

Overall, it was a very good adaption. The animation was typical shonen, I suppose. And I loved how they showed the english covers for Death Note and Hikaru no Go (Both Takeshi Obata series, COUGH COUGH).
Oct 2, 2010 6:08 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Couldn't wait for this anime ! I stayed up just to watch it subbed !!
It's just as an awesome starts as the manga !!
I had to replay his proposal cause it was damn hilarious how his face changed after it xD

I hope Eiji will appear sooooon <3 Awww my dear Eiji <3
Oct 2, 2010 6:11 PM

Jun 2007
good stuff
im going to like it lots
Oct 2, 2010 6:11 PM

Jul 2009
Rather interesting OP.
Cute girl? Check.
Death Note plugs? Check.
Hikaru no Go? Wonder if anyone else knows what that is.

Epic keikaku by Akito.
LOL @ accidental proposal.
Oh wow, they didn't have to bleep Dragonball or One Piece?
ED song is nice.

Edit: Wonder how BROmantic this is gonna turn out (Haven't read the manga)
wheresthehandleOct 2, 2010 6:24 PM
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Oct 2, 2010 6:18 PM

Jul 2010
How cute~

I love the anime references.

'There is no way we're going to top Dragonball or One Piece'

Lol at that line in particular.
Oct 2, 2010 6:22 PM

Aug 2008
The OP with the Super Hero manga was a nice surprise. Everything appeared real faithful to the original. I have faith this project is gonna turn out well.
Oct 2, 2010 6:31 PM

Nov 2009
Enjoyed this first ep. The accidental proposal and anime references were cool.
Oct 2, 2010 6:38 PM

Aug 2009
ok at first i dlded some subs from a sub group (if it is one....) called something like FWG...(can't remember correctly cause i erased the file ofc)
oh CRAP what the heck where they drinking? someone wanted obviously to have fun and everything was so messed up. i'm glad i waited for the normal subs.
Anyway, this episode was amazing, really really entertaining and clever. I caught myself smiling and laughing many times. Loved the Hero theme in the beginning.
Hope it keeps it up this way, with an improved animation though...
Stll it deserves a 5/5.
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Oct 2, 2010 6:39 PM

Jan 2009
Err somehow the anime seems more comedic than the manga ?

It's a promising start, looks like I really need to get used to the seiyuus
Oct 2, 2010 6:40 PM

Aug 2007
lmao, i fell out of my chair when he asked her to marry him. That was epic funny. As far as first episodes go, this one is up there near the top. High expectations this season.
Oct 2, 2010 6:46 PM

Feb 2009
Oh gosh, that was great XD I love this series already, although I did read the manga so I knew what to expect.

The "....Eh?" after this scene was CLASSIC!

Death Note references made me chuckle XD

And this... Was just Batman nerdiness that made me laugh the most through the episode
Oct 2, 2010 7:03 PM

Jun 2008
One of the few anime that i find to be the most interesting so far for the new season, i havent read the manga so ill continue to watch the anime.

i've read on some forums that the manga doesn't have much romance in it, which isn't so much of a problem, but i hope this plot/subplot of the series gets resolved at some point.

enjoyable episode.
Oct 2, 2010 7:12 PM
Oct 2009
LOL at the Death Note reference and the Hikaru no Go manga in the bookstore. XD
Oct 2, 2010 7:21 PM

Nov 2007
pretty good adaptation so far. voices seem about right. hopefully they keep it similar. the art is a little different but I can get used to it. as a follower of the manga I'll keep up with it unless they ruin it bad. should be good though. azuki was pretty cute.
Oct 2, 2010 7:23 PM
Jun 2009
omgomgomgomgomgomg ogmgom omg omg omgomg bakuuuuman :D! it was a nice episode ^^ surpassed my expectations hope it stick to the manga :D!
Oct 2, 2010 7:34 PM

Jan 2010
I liked it. Loled at the marriage part. xD marrying a doorbell LOL
Oct 2, 2010 7:42 PM

Jun 2008
that was funny!! made a good first impression on me since i've haven't read the manga yet.
Oct 2, 2010 7:42 PM

Jun 2009
I absolutly adored the hero opening. That was pretty damn awesome!
Well one thing I've learned from this experience, is that a princess is still a princesss even when she is naked.

Oct 2, 2010 7:47 PM

Mar 2010
Haha, super funny, lol XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2010 7:48 PM

May 2010
I like it but the "fake" OP could mislead one to drop this anime lol.
I dumped manga long ago, I prefer anime^^
Oct 2, 2010 7:56 PM

Apr 2009
‘sup dawg, we heard you like meta-fiction, so we wrote a manga about people writing manga, so now you can read a manga about how they are writing a manga to get you to read it.

While they are writing it.
Oct 2, 2010 8:02 PM

Feb 2008
A very decent start. I can't say I was terribly impressed with it until the point he asked the girl to marry him but that was a decent enough hook to make me want to watch a few episodes of this.

Does anybody know if they plan on ending the manga and the anime at the same time...?
Oct 2, 2010 8:10 PM

Jul 2009
Never knew about this definitely gonna read manga now.
Great ep love the reactions to the marry me part.
Oct 2, 2010 8:12 PM

May 2010
I'm so glad this is an anime.
I loved this episode; the rest looks promising.

The OP and ED are awesome, too.
Oct 2, 2010 8:16 PM

Jun 2008
Fake opening caught me by surprise, but I quickly realized what it was. :P It has turned out great so far....can't wait to see what other episodes are like.
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Oct 2, 2010 8:48 PM

May 2009
Another non-manga reader here and I thought it was great. The setup at the end was a little contrived, but I love the concept and the juicy meta.
Oct 2, 2010 8:49 PM

Jan 2008
Not bad episode faithful to the manga ( minus lots of text in the latter) and good ed. Expectations are quite high after Death Note.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Oct 2, 2010 8:51 PM

Aug 2009
OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!
my long wait has been payed off with an epic first episode!!!
even though i already read the manga (and know what will happen next... buzz kill for me >: ) i still feel the feeling i had when i started reading this series; glad that it followed the whole 1st chapter, now i wonder how will they end this. Can't wait for the next episode... HURRY UP TO NEXT WEEK!!

OP was ok and lol on the Super Hero Legend OP xD
the ED was better than the OP to me though

the animation was meh, they could've done better though >:

the character design was great and i lol'd at the "will you marry me" part xD

and i want to see Eiji animated already D:

Oct 2, 2010 8:56 PM

Aug 2009
Awwwww hell yeah! This show is gonna be sick, I just know it. I can't believe she fucking said yes to marrying him hahahaha.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.