Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Nov 17, 2014 2:18 PM

Nov 2013
Burst out laughing when he blurted out the marriage deal, too good. This is gonna be enjoyable :D
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Feb 27, 2015 6:39 AM

Feb 2015
I laughed so much while watching this episode! I'll definitely going to continue watching this anime.
I had to stop watching for a while after he asked her to marry him cause I laughed so much! I loved Akito's and Moritaka's faces. Hilarious!!
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Mar 26, 2015 10:20 AM

Jun 2009
Seems pretty good so far.

Akito, those tactics were seriously underhanded.
May 1, 2015 6:43 AM

Jun 2013
Really great first episode! It looks pretty promising so far!

Well, onto the next episode!
May 19, 2015 7:03 AM

Mar 2015
I feel that I don't need another episode to be sure that Bakuman are perfect; for me.
We're just the boys and girls that think they always know...
Jun 16, 2015 4:12 AM

Jul 2014
It's like a Death Note!
Subtle promotion lol

Anyway, this is a good opening~ as long as it's enjoyable i don't mind watch light drama/slice of life anime
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Jun 24, 2015 8:12 AM

Dec 2013
Nice start, funny and refreshing. Azuki's character looks ike a Chitanda rip-off.
AizixJul 1, 2015 5:35 AM
Jul 17, 2015 4:48 AM

Dec 2013
This is really interesting!!! I like the first episode, I can't believe love will change Moritaka's decision to become mangaka, I wonder what kind of story Takagi will write

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 25, 2015 5:49 PM
Jul 2018
MorningGlory said:
M0nicka said:
!
People who don't read manga might be a bit scared in the first minute with Hero opening :D
I thought I am watching a wrong Anime.

Exactly! I even double-checked to make sure I had the right anime. I even jumped to the middle to make sure, as well.

This was a very funny episode; kind of unexpected, but definitely fun.
Sep 5, 2015 8:41 AM
Mar 2013
That proposal was a little bit exaggerated. I hope the rest will be more realistic.
Oct 27, 2015 3:22 PM

Sep 2015
The proposal part was funny but also a bit over the top

overall a very good first episode
Jan 14, 2016 4:06 AM

Jan 2016
Oh god! The confession part was funny!
Good first impression on the first episode.
Jan 28, 2016 10:48 PM

Mar 2015
I know it's weird. But I watched the Live Action series first before I watch this anime (I didn't know it was an anime and I was watching it on an airplane)

So far there a few different location settings, but the plot is still the same. Even there are same dialogues that are used on the live action and anime.

Mar 2, 2016 4:24 AM

Oct 2012
Well that was really interesting & hilarious, especially the confession xD
"Signature removed"
Mar 15, 2016 12:34 AM
May 2014
So that final scene was fucking hysterical I was rolling for like 15 mi ites straight. At first it was the shiny pose in the classroom, the it was the imam ask your girl out which turned out to be a total boss wingman move making me get all pumped and then he asks her to marry him I swear to god if I make it through this show without it becoming one of my favorites imam be fuckin amazed lol.
How fitting (or depressing I haven't decided) for my 100th post to be about me complaining about dicks who review shows without finishing them.
Nov 14, 2016 6:40 PM

Sep 2013
Pretty good first episode. I love the song at the beginning...I thought it was the OP but I guess it was just the opening for the anime the MC likes.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 30, 2016 5:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
married? How? lol nice first episode ;)
Dec 14, 2016 12:42 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Like some other folks, I actually laughed out loud at the proposal and the subsequent image of the front gate in a wedding dress. The series seems to be well thought out and developing nicely. I have been putting off watching this series for years...the shounen tag scared me. I can't take one more school harem anime.......lol.
Mar 10, 2017 10:41 AM

Feb 2014
Ahhhh that not-subtle-at-all Jojo reference <3

Jun 23, 2017 7:05 AM
Apr 2017
LOL Great starting episode! I'm dying just by laughing haha. I'm expecting more fun in the higher episodes.
Jul 25, 2017 12:21 AM

Dec 2015
The opening monologue makes you think, and I like the idea of pursuing your dreams. Also, a great play on what it's like being a 14-year-old boy falling in love!
Nov 29, 2017 7:19 AM

Apr 2015
First time through the anime, but I read the first seven volumes of the manga in middle school and really enjoyed them.

"Don't make such a serious face. This isn't the Death Note."

I'd love to be in a mangaka partnership like this, where I was able to write the stories and have someone who is actually good at art do the drawing.

Chou Hero Densetsu looks like a pretty fun anime/manga...there's clearly mangaka talent in the family bloodline.

"What are you doing? Don't you have a test tomorrow?" Bitch mind your business...your kid's gonna die from overwork like your brother/his uncle did.

"So if that dream comes true, please marry me!" Wooooow, that was bold. But she didn't say no!
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 12, 2018 12:08 PM

Sep 2017
Atleast this anime is grounded in reality. I like the direction it is taking. The story in the first episode is okay, but it is still intriguing. Nice referencing the other manga like one piece and DBZ.

Also, WTF, the hero confessed in the first episode? This is certainly a bold move!!

But I feel like MC is gonna get grounded in reality somehow.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 1, 2018 9:46 AM

Jun 2015
It's so nice to rewatch this 5 years later!

May 20, 2018 2:32 PM

Feb 2018
That first "op" was kinda wiered but the rest was great.
May 20, 2018 2:36 PM

Feb 2018
Shit that marriage thing was to fckn funny it's late at night and I am fckn screaming I hope nobody woke up.
Jan 4, 2019 3:55 AM
Aug 2018
That is one weird premise for the romance.

So they love each other, but don't want to "date" (talk and get to know) each other until both of them fulfilled their dreams. Which will most likely take years to accomplish. And then they want to marry each other instantly with having had barely any contact before?

No matter how I look at it, that's just weird.
Aug 11, 2019 4:35 PM
Apr 2016
I can't believe I never even tried watching this. Great first episode, that's for sure. Never seen a serious anime about becoming a mangaka, so this is quite new to me. The marry part was so abrupt in both the anime and to us, viewers, got me saying "what" outloud. Funny, good, and unpredictable, really.
Oct 13, 2019 4:45 AM
Apr 2016
That confession...XD
Nov 8, 2019 8:58 PM
Jul 2016
I was fist-pumping while saying, "yes, Yes, YES!" The entire end of the episode! CHASE YOUR DREAMS, NEVER GIVE UP!
Nov 10, 2019 8:15 PM

May 2018
Nice first episode! The marriage part really made me laugh, looking forward to this :)
Dec 6, 2019 7:43 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao nice to see that declaration of marriage pay off!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 9, 2020 6:41 PM

May 2017
"Mariage" "runaway" "im ok to marry you, but you wont see me"

Thats a mangaka plot i guess
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Aug 14, 2020 1:59 PM

May 2013
Eh. First episode is okay. I'll keep going. It has potential :P
Sep 27, 2020 5:30 AM

May 2018
Hilarious lol. I wish I proposed for marriage in middle school... oh shit, they're all only in Junior High??!
Oct 4, 2020 8:55 AM

Nov 2019
well that was unexpected, i was skeptical of watchin this but i am now fully confident i am gonna enjoy this as well as see it through

also it was hilarious
Oct 29, 2020 2:56 AM

Jul 2020
It was a very nice start. I didn’t expect to enjoy this but I did!

I like Takagi’s cheerful character and he’s love for earning money. It’s clearly his plan to bring Mashiro in that girl’s house to agree on being a mangaka and glad he succeed. That marriage proposal was hilarious.

The ED is really nice and catchy
Jan 6, 2021 12:27 PM

Jul 2017
Rewatching Bakuman for the 4th time cause why the hell not. I'll comment on the forums for each episode this time around though so its nice having my thoughts be stored online for each individual episode somewhere.

This first episode was so damn cheesy, but it's the kind of cheese I adore so much that I wouldn't mind getting a heart attack due to this. A really great introduction for the show with a really simple yet engaging premise with a really romantic reward and payoff if everything goes well in the journey. Mashiro and Takagi becoming mangaka together and once becomes an anime and Miho gets to voice the main heroine for their anime adaptation, Miho will marry Mashiro. These guys are like 14 yet they're thinking really big already, I find that refreshing and exciting to watch about.

Miho and Mashiro only spoke for a little bit together and already are pseudo-engaged for an indefinite amount of time since its clear that both of them really love each other for quite some time now but were too shy to confront each other about it. Should be quite the amazing story to tell the future kids and family though if they do succeed, and it's the kind of story that'll be told over and over and over again for how romantic and cheesy it was. But so far, really entertaining, lovable and exciting start so far with charming characters present already.

Plus love to see the Hikaru no Go and Death Note manga volume covers showcased in this anime in great detail, adds to the realism of the show really nicely. They are the works of the same authors that created Bakuman and Bakuman is a Shounen Jump manga about Shounen Jump so makes sense as to why the anime staff were allowed to use the genuine covers to be showcased, and I'm delighted.
animejasJan 6, 2021 12:30 PM
Jan 17, 2021 8:50 PM
Oct 2019
It was an ok episode up until that confession scene, in which I was dying. And then after that awkward af scene somehow working out, he tells the dude, "I haven't decided if I'll join you"? haha wut?! After all that?!

Probably about a 6.5/10 to start. But I think it's got some potential to rise a little bit.
Jan 21, 2021 7:40 PM
Jul 2018
“Every single person is just saying whatever the hell they want. Leave my future the hell alone!”
That’s a good line. ;)

I like how they references One Piece, Dragon Ball, and Death Note.

I wonder who the character designer is. Reminds me of the Konosuba design (designer: Kikuta).
And at 10:24, the way his pupils almost disappear when he looks in the other direction. There’s something peculiar about it. I wonder what it reminds me of.
Jun 22, 2021 5:38 PM

Jan 2020
Takagi is Light Yagami if he doesn't get bored with how ordinary life is

I'm gonna take a guess that Bakuman is the name of the manga/anime they're going to create

Seems like this will be a pretty cheerful anime....it's been a long time...
Jul 14, 2021 2:56 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I've been meaning to watch this for a while and it is exactly what I've been looking forward to watch over the past few days! Just the old-style, funky and cheerful vibe, that's it!

Moritaka's uncle possibly committing suicide is more than enough reason for Moritaka's insistence to not go for the manga creation route but it's touching how he now too has fallen for a similar trap. Albeit with a better deal, of course.

No idea why Miho would've anything going for him though. Hopefully, we get that segment soon. But boy, she really is adorable.

And Takagi. Yup, he's probably going to be my fav character of the show. Easy.

Op & ED are pretty good and the Animation fitting as well, looks like I'm going to have a very productive today xD.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 11, 2021 1:32 PM

Dec 2007
4th rewatch~
just because this anime is so damn funny and addictive.

the scene of takagi and moritaka in the class - lot of resemble for DN.

takagi phoning moritaka -
"are you sure you are confessing the right guy?"
xDD

the whole miho scene will never get old.
moritaka propose will always be funny to watch.
the weird thing that will always annoys me though is the "no see thing" ><
(even in my first watch i knew it's not gonna be that smooth...)

the first half of S1 is kinda slow, don't like so much this part.
Oct 28, 2021 10:09 AM

Feb 2019
Liked the Saiko x Azuki plot. And the last bit with the marriage was hilarious!

Sometimes the over-the-top comedy can be a bit off-putting, but overall liked it!
May 11, 2022 6:28 AM

Mar 2021
wtf moritaka hahahah xD
🐐

Jul 11, 2022 9:19 AM

Nov 2018
Man, I thought there were 2 openings at first.
I hate everyone equally
Oct 10, 2022 9:58 PM
Jun 2022
Swak, I heard that the creators of Death Note and Bakuman are the same, so I give this a try. After watching episode 1, I already think that this will become one of my favs after I finish the series.
Oct 15, 2022 5:05 PM

Jan 2020
Two OPs, oh my.

Well, this seems to have a good amount of potential. The characters are well done, and the story is interesting. And, I always like seeing behind-the-scenes of things. So it'll be interesting to see the drawing and, potential, publishing process of manga artists.

I wasn't expecting Moritaka to boldly proclaim his love though. Also, the not seeing each other thing seems dumb. Partially because they are in the same class. I guess we'll see how that works.

Anyway, looking forward to more of this.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 9, 2022 1:25 AM
Jul 2018
When I first saw Akito Takagi I thought of Light Yagami and then Akito made reference to the Death Note. No surprise to find Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata behind Bakuman.

At least Akito doesn't unnerve me like Light does. Despite his intimidating expressions.. or maybe I just keep seeing Light?.. Akito is a big dork and I love him already.

Miho accepted Mashiro's strange marriage proposal? Okay, I got to see how this all plays out then because that caught me off guard.
Dec 25, 2022 5:20 AM
Dec 2022
Fantastic first episode!
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.