Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 16, 2011 10:21 AM

Apr 2010
No Soldier Arc :-(
Jul 24, 2011 11:40 AM

Feb 2008
Very well done. Rainbow is one of the most underrated shows I have ever seen. I don't understand a lot of the hate for the second arc. Sure, I would've like a Soldier arc too since he was a total bad-ass, but for those of you criticizing the whole "Mario did this for Bro" is a little strange. The Japanese even still, but more so back in the WW2/post era wanted to fulfill and uphold their honor. I can see where some people think this is a shounen, but it isn't. It's about 6 Japanese young adults who struggle with society after disciplinary school. Everything is not going to be perfect and happy, and they knew that. They experienced it, which to some people makes the second arc "emo", which is total crap to say that.

Overall, Rainbow gets a 9/10.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Jul 30, 2011 7:52 AM
Jun 2010
anyone have hajime no ippo flashbacks during the boxing bit? i was like hell yeah, this is like ippo, man i miss ippo :P

but yeah, that was good, 10/10!
Sep 7, 2011 4:20 PM

Oct 2010
a sort of nice end to a sort of nice series, i preferred the first half of this series to the second, it was great how intense it was, i guess it was a 8/10 even though i feel a bit bad for not giving it a 9/10.
Sep 14, 2011 12:53 PM

Jun 2008
Almost, damn it. Almost 10, but I have to leave it at 9.

Soldier didn't get an arc of his own :(
Sep 29, 2011 6:55 AM
Nov 2009
I don't remember, did the anime follow the manga until the end? It didn't, right? since the manga finished with over 200 chapters.
Oct 22, 2011 7:04 PM
Jun 2008
Yes, not enough info about Soldier, but it's all good.

Rainbow gotta be one of the most dramatic shows I've ever seen. Glad that they end it when an happy ending. Pretty decent anime.
Oct 30, 2011 5:29 PM

May 2008
The story was well paced, the manga is quite long, so I don't know how much the anime cover or if it was a new story. I enjoyed it.
Nov 8, 2011 11:59 PM

Oct 2011
Renzokuken said:
Yes, not enough info about Soldier, but it's all good.

Rainbow gotta be one of the most dramatic shows I've ever seen. Glad that they end it when an happy ending. Pretty decent anime.

i have to agree, but it would have been better off 'with' soldier's arc
Nope.
Dec 6, 2011 11:12 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Really nice anime 9/10 :) Showed alot truth about worst part of humans, (ofc not all but some of parts) cuz if somone would make anime/movie about darkest things humans have done then that company would get banned for sure.
Jan 8, 2012 5:48 AM

Jun 2011
soldier arc instead of baremoto arc pls
Feb 29, 2012 1:38 PM

Jun 2011
An amazing series, I think it's one of those I could consider a true master piece ^^
The characters were pretty well developed (but I'm really dissapointed Heitai didn't get his own arc, and he's one of my faves T_T), all the main characters have really grown on me ^^ Also, the series was pretty realistic almost for the whole time. Yeah, I liked the first half and bit more, but I also really enjoyed the second one. There were some really sad moments, even though I'm not sure how much of a drama-fan I am, I didn't mind it here at all ^^
Anyway, about this episode alone, it was really amazingly done, it's a really satisfying ending. I've thought even from the beginning of the episode, before they mentioned, that Mario looked like An-chan more than ever, almost completely the same at some moments. The match was epic, and the opening song fit perfectly. And seeing An-chan in the end made me really happy, and I felt it was necessary. And his quote "What is life without happines?" made the scene even more beautiful <3
I would really want to see the second season ^^ Now, to read the manga asap xD
Jun 4, 2012 12:43 PM

Nov 2011
An incredible underrated series and that glorious OP song.

Also, loved the ending and see that they've became people they never thought they ever thought to be. Great series that deserves praise ^_^

~You will be missed An-chan
Jun 7, 2012 2:18 PM

Jan 2012
Great series.

Though a bit too melodramatic at times, and despite kind of shafting two characters(Cabbage and Soldier) in the screen-time department, it was still a wonderful story about the bonds of friendship and how hard work, perseverance, and help from those who care about you can lead to the accomplishment of anything.

9/10.
Lemme smang it girl.
Jun 14, 2012 7:02 PM
Oct 2011
This is easily one of the most under-watched and under-rated animes of all time. Each episode was daring and full of drama and emotion;I truly believe that all 26 episodes were stuffed to full capacity - full of content and ideals which each human in this world should strive for. I never got bored throughout the 26 episodes and my eyes did well to glue themselves to the screen.

I loved the steady progression of each of the characters as they journeyed through "hell" and how they managed to make a living once thrown into society again. It was quite a journey for me, as a viewer, to see these 6 young men struggle and ultimately live a life which they are proud of.

And true, Soldier's story kind of got thrown away but it's a minor flaw in my book and didn't hinder my overall enjoyment of this outstanding anime.

9/10 definitely.

P.S. One of my favourite scenes: when Jeffery talked to Mario about knowing a guy who can potentially train him into a pro boxer. I laughed when Mario replied with "I have no idea what you're saying". It was good to see that the show acknowledged Mario's inability to decipher English :D
Jun 14, 2012 7:13 PM

Jun 2012
At first when i first listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLDh4miFv2k
I was like nay, but after episode 26 i get hyped up and be like oh yeah
Aug 12, 2012 3:09 AM

Jun 2012
Though they suffered through hell, they survived and gained something much more valuable and irreplaceable in the process. True friendship, unlike love, lasts a lifetime.

I couldn't be anymore satisfied with the ending. Everyone finally found happiness as they pursue their own dreams. It truly is a dramatic story of true broship.
Aug 15, 2012 7:30 PM

Mar 2012
This serie was great. I loved how first they were shown in the prison as kids then to get out a little more grown-ups in the world :D
This serie reminds me of the movie "Sleepers".
Aug 21, 2012 4:14 PM

Jul 2011
"There's a place inside this world where hopes and dreams are not yet lost."

Damn that opening is too awesome.

Enjoyable anime. Though a bit melodramatic at some parts, and we never did have an episode for Soldier.

6/10, maybe a 7/10.
MirorinAug 21, 2012 4:20 PM
Sep 1, 2012 1:47 PM

Sep 2011
Amazing one hell of a show

Sep 3, 2012 10:58 PM
Nov 2011
Hmm, pretty much a hurried-up ending but oh well, I knew this was coming; so many volumes left and so little episodes to cover them, it was obvious they had to take some arcs out and hurry up the end. At any rate, even though I'd liked it a lot more had they done some sort of second season, this season didn't suffer much; it was awesome right from the starting and retained it till the end. Lovely show and definitely one of my favorites. 9/10, surely.

Will start reading the manga soon.
Dec 9, 2012 10:22 PM

Aug 2012
WOW, WHAT A SHOW!

The contrast between the pitch black dark vs. the blazing bright light themes are so raw and developed so well... makes for an intense, roller-coaster of a watch!

Quite heart-touching.
Dec 14, 2012 6:54 AM

Jun 2009
Finally finished this series. two years after starting it. I sure am grateful that I decided to finish it. I don't know about you guys but in the Frozen release right at the end of the episode was a little comment of sorts that basically said that if we wanted to find out what happens next, go read the manga. So that's pretty much a confirmation that there will most likely never be a season two. Anyway thanks Mario, now I'm going to have to go watch Hajime no Ippo. Sigh, great series. 9/10.
loghneckbeardDec 14, 2012 6:57 AM
Jan 1, 2013 7:10 PM

Sep 2007
This is probably the most meaningful anime I've ever watched!
I can't point any other show in which EVERY SINGLE EPISODE feels epic and full of emotion. Can't go less than 10/10 on it!
IndigoJan 1, 2013 7:19 PM
Jan 26, 2013 6:28 PM

Jun 2012
went to go read the manga, manga is behind the anime, people who put that on there are some trolling fuckers lol

Serial lurker
Feb 10, 2013 3:24 AM

Aug 2012
Masterpiece anime 10/10

feels like I watched this series 1 month because every episode is epic xD
Mar 3, 2013 9:04 PM

Sep 2011
That ending... truly mind blowing, amazing! Loved how they played the OP during the fight, it really made it just perfect. I'm glad I gave this series a chance.
Mar 10, 2013 7:34 PM

Jul 2012
tbh, I didn't really like the abundance of arcs for the last half of the show (when they're all free). I would've preferred watching Rainbow progress through the reform school setting or any other way where all six characters help move the story like in the first half. It just felt like a different show after Anchan died.

I did enjoy Mario's episodes though - falling in love with Setsuko and taking on boxing again. Damn, should've just focused the last 12 episodes around Mario. OH and the music was great.

7/10
Mar 23, 2013 3:44 AM
Feb 2013
Very good show in the end. Glad to have started watching it. I felt that the second half did drag its feet, but there was still some great moments to be had overall.

7/10
DrowsyEmoticonMar 23, 2013 8:08 AM
Mar 30, 2013 6:51 PM
Aug 2007
First half of the show was so, so good. The depression and anger that was built up because of the ridiculously evil villains made the first half such a great story. Problem was (for me) that the second half was almost a different show completely because there was nothing to get your blood truly boiling. Everything was easy, relatively speaking. But I can understand that each character needed to be fleshed out, so it would've been impossible to create a big second arc with all of them together..

But anyway. The finale was well done (even though I don't know what happens in the manga, might give it a read), maybe felt a bit rushed, but it was nice anyway. The part where Mario is at An-chan's home got a few tears from me. Felt sorry for the mother, who had lost everyone (makes me sad even thinking about it)..

I'm glad that the anime left us with a bright outlook for everyone's lives. (I felt a bit sorry for Soldier not getting his own arc, but you sense that he'd be fine as it is..)

And a great quote to end it as well: "What is life, without happiness?"

9/10 due to weaker second half...
Apr 15, 2013 6:50 PM
Apr 2008
This series had a good story even if at times it relied on black-and-white evil/good characters, and excessive melodrama. It was very much a roller coaster in terms of my perceived quality of the show, jumping from strong to pretty solid to average at times. Overall I give this series a strong 75 and possibly an 80; this series was for the most part hovering around 80. Episode 26 was a great way to end the series.

parfaited said:
But wait! Episode 15-26 happens and everything positive I felt about this plummets all the way downhill.
-Is that Anchan?! Nope that's just Mario.He's just going to be there looking like Anchan so that you'll continue to feel sorry for him.

- I don't think that's why Mario resembles An-chan.

parfaited said:
-I love you so much Setsuko. Mario since freaking when do you love her?

- He may have had a crush on her since the Disciplinary School days (that's what it looked like to me), but pushed his feelings aside because he knew Rokurouta and Setsuko already had a thing. In the eighteen months since Rokurouta's death, he grew to love Setsuko.

parfaited said:
-Goes back to prison and this reminds me of episode 1. Why is this progressing backwards?

- Erm, how is an event reminding you of a previous episode mean the show is progressing backwards?

parfaited said:
-individual arcs now because no one developed at all. Sorry you had to die for nothing bro

- That's quite a stretch. This is all implied in your comment: I find it strange how you think human beings, especially young adults aged 18-20, would stop developing after some time or after a certain event. Humans still develop as characters until their deaths, and to suggest that this opportunity for development could only occur on a few special occasions is absurd.

parfaited said:
-Scam is the biggest asshole ever. He's the one that should have died

- Agreeability aside, he was a realistic character.
Apr 21, 2013 5:39 AM

Apr 2012
This is a great series. It really is. But i would only gave it a 7 due to my personal preferences. This series would have hit my all time favorites but the Setsuko and Mario arc made me really rage and made me cared less for the show after that. It still has some moments after that arc and i'm still honestly hoping that they would get together in the end. If they did, this series would have a 10 for me. Again, personal preferences.

What a damn shame.
RedgraveGilverApr 21, 2013 5:56 AM
Jun 24, 2013 10:41 PM

May 2012
A really good show. My problem with it though was that the first half was so powerful that it gave me extremely high expectations of the second half. Not that the second half was bad, Turtle and Joe's arcs were great but the rest were just good to okay. A bit disappointed that we never learned more about soldier but not enough to lower the score.

First Half(1-14)= 9
Second Half(15-26)= 7
Overall= 8

Really going to miss the OP and I'll probably check out the manga.
Jun 25, 2013 1:35 AM

Dec 2012
Well this certainly was an extremely enjoyable series. The ending was a bit meh but still gave some proper closure to everything.

gettogaara said:
A really good show. My problem with it though was that the first half was so powerful that it gave me extremely high expectations of the second half.

This sums it up for me as well. The first 14 episodes had me on the edge in suspense. The last half, although interesting, was underwhelming in comparison and a bit predictable to boot. I felt the first half was masterpiece worthy, but the second half really let me down. And I second wanting to learn more about Soldier.

Overall I would have to give this a 9/10, because I still thoroughly enjoyed it despite wanting better. I'm tempted to give the manga a go as well.
Jul 2, 2013 2:44 AM

Jan 2013
9.75/10
Great anime.
Teared up multiple times throughout
Jul 2, 2013 7:34 AM

Jul 2011
I'll definitely miss everyone, Mario, Turtle, Joe, Cabbage, Scam, Soldier and all the characters .... 9 or 10/10
Jul 9, 2013 12:42 AM

Jun 2009
What a great show. That ending was really satisfying.
10/10
Jul 10, 2013 1:10 AM

Jan 2013
This one of the strongest bonds of friendship I've seen in any kind of series, An-chan's values made a really big impact on everyone including me, I cried several times through out the entire show but mainly the first cour. I wanted to see Mario pairing with the girl he saved at the end, but it was a satisfactory ending anyway. Amazing anime with the historical elements spot on 9.2/10
Nark0PunkJul 22, 2013 8:18 PM
Jul 12, 2013 10:53 AM

Apr 2013
In what chapter continues?
Jul 13, 2013 5:15 PM
Jun 2013
Why are the new chapters are not translated? Is it discontinued for translation?
Jul 14, 2013 4:30 PM
Apr 2010
i wonder which volume in the manga did the anime stop? would like to continue reading from the manga. thanks
Jul 15, 2013 1:38 PM
Mar 2013
Who would have thought that an anime drama about several men could be so good yet doesn't feel gay at all.
Jul 15, 2013 7:20 PM

May 2011
After being on episode 25 for the last 2 months and holding on to this show dearly, it was about time I watched the conclusion.

What a journey... and what a befitting ending. (Standing applause).

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou No Shichinin.

An unforgettable experience.
Jul 19, 2013 9:58 AM

May 2012
What a great anime
10/10
Will never have friends like that irl.
Jul 22, 2013 12:31 PM

Jul 2013
oeeehh ended
Jul 30, 2013 7:57 PM

Nov 2011
7/10

First half was amazing, but sadly after that it just began to go under bit by bit. Slightly disappointed as I expected more from when they were going to finally be released, but it just turned into more forced dramatic events. That being said, it had its good moments, but just not as great as the first half was.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Aug 11, 2013 7:24 PM

Jan 2011
6/10
Aug 12, 2013 12:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Great that Mario's surgery was a success, even though it's not really a surprise :) I also like how he meets Sakuragi's mother, and then not letting those shoes go to waste. Mario's dream is that everyone's dream will come true, and I like how he's fulfilling Sakuragi's dream, but he's also enjoying it as well. That ending when Mario was boxing with Sakuragi...;__; so heartwarming. It was a beautiful way to end the anime, though I wish they could've animated the whole manga, which I will read because I want to know what happens to everyone and how it really ends. I enjoyed watching this anime and I like the themes it had, despite some of the cliche execution like having character arcs. But it didn't lessen my enjoyment at all. I will miss these seeing these characters ><
Aug 21, 2013 2:26 AM

Jun 2011
10/10. Perfect.

After reading the manga, I should say I wasn't disappointed. Not a bit.
Great show. Amazing characters. Awesome music.
I won't mind rewatching it :3 <3
Aug 28, 2013 7:55 AM
Feb 2013
One of the best animes to date
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DrRoboto - Jul 20, 2010

79 by Gabi15 »»
44 minutes ago

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shanimebib - Jun 22, 2010

182 by AnimeDownUnder »»
Mar 22, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tomimi - Jul 6, 2010

111 by prozyne »»
Mar 4, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShanaFlame - Apr 3, 2010

279 by prozyne »»
Feb 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - May 5, 2010

150 by Dywei »»
Jan 26, 7:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.