Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 3, 2010 10:49 PM

Sep 2009
Great anime for some quick entertainment. I'm really looking forward to the movie.
Oct 4, 2010 1:12 AM

Jan 2008
kinda sad to see it end. though this wasn't the greatest show by and stretch of the imagination it was still a joy to watch.
Oct 4, 2010 1:55 AM

Jan 2008
Lol, the photo with the weird eyes.

Silly Ritsu, Mugi loves Sawa-chan.
Oct 4, 2010 10:19 PM

Aug 2009
Probably the best episode of K-ON!(!).
10943712047174/5
9/10

I need moar. ;_;
Oct 5, 2010 1:01 AM

Dec 2008
that was a Great show
Season one was soso for me but Season was so nice.
sol comedy with some real life seriousness (graduating, parting ways)
Kon!! was a very entertaining show, thx a lot ;)
10/10

I think I will rewatch Season 1 next week
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2010 5:20 AM

Mar 2009
Nice wrap-up episode, and now knowing it was the story behind the BD covers makes it that much better.

The "running" scene was pure win!!

Mugi's "commoner" moe'ing was better than ever this ep!

Only complaint for the final ep...not enough Azu-nyan!!!

Movie announcement is amazing!!!!

Urahara Out!!
Oct 6, 2010 9:10 AM

May 2010
A great way to end a great season of K-on!
-Lot of laughs from Yui! Mugi cannot get any cuter from this episode!
-So heartwarming of the connection Sawako has with HTT. She will miss them wholeheartedly.
-And hearing that Azusa is doing fine taking over the club makes me so relieved! So does the original HTT!
-Well it's over...........wait...........MOVIE!!!!!!!!! Holy Sh*t!!!!! XD

Overall this season was great, but not as great as the first season IMO. Well until the movie comes out, its time to find another anime that is as great as this series.

Oct 6, 2010 9:26 AM

Sep 2010
Outstanding episode.
Don't really know what to add since everything pretty much's been said by now.
I really enjoyed watching this anime, so it's a pitty it's over, but than again, I hope it doesn't come back with another season after the movie. The story (whatever little story it had, I mean the overall plot of them going to school and make music together) ended and I think it should stay that way.
Unless Kakifly wants to pick it up in the future that is.

We can't change the world with Anime...

…but we'll try

Vote for your favorite K-ON songs here
Oct 6, 2010 11:08 AM

Jul 2009
Merushi said:
Outstanding episode.
I really enjoyed watching this anime, so it's a pitty it's over, but than again, I hope it doesn't come back with another season after the movie. The story (whatever little story it had, I mean the overall plot of them going to school and make music together) ended and I think it should stay that way.

I'm surprised you have the ability to comment on K-ON after finishing After Story so recently XP
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Oct 6, 2010 12:41 PM

Sep 2010
wheresthehandle said:
Merushi said:
Outstanding episode.

I'm surprised you have the ability to comment on K-ON after finishing After Story so recently XP

Well, it's true that After Story really gets to you storywise. If you had to compare the two, AS wins by a mile IMO. But K-ON!! is something special, I never expected I would like it as much as I do. K-ON!(!) definitely has my respect, certainly in it's genre. I'm not usually a moe fan, but despite that I still liked it (maybe the music had something to do with it ^^).
But I do have to agree the timing of the last episode was kinda bad after just watching AS. You keep thinking of the story for several days. I also thought K-ON!! would have disappointed me, but that last episode was quite good since I was able to enjoy it, even after just completing AS ^_^
If you would like every anime to be as astonishing as Clannad was, you're gonna be disappointed in a lot of series I guess.

…but we'll try

Oct 6, 2010 1:02 PM

Jun 2010
I enjoyed it from beginning to end, overall the anime did great on it own while the manga had its own charm to it.

A movie huh, come on college edition lol.
Oct 6, 2010 7:00 PM
Apr 2009
My favorite part was the very end. Yay, movie! Fun episode! =)
Oct 8, 2010 4:01 AM

Sep 2009
the end was great with the whole running scene
can't wait for the movie :D

Oct 8, 2010 6:08 AM

May 2008
Kinda sad that it ended but its better that way.
Oct 8, 2010 6:54 PM

Jun 2009
THERE WILL BE A SEASON 3!!!!!

...After the movie of course!

Great second season ! 9/10
Oct 8, 2010 11:42 PM

Jan 2010
I wonder what will be the content of the movie?
Oct 9, 2010 5:01 PM

Jan 2009
HikariNijibane said:
I wonder what will be the content of the movie?
Ehm. Obviously it'll be about nothing at all, just as the rest of the series : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 9, 2010 8:42 PM

Mar 2009
9/10 for S2. Better than the first season. They say moe is killing the industry, but certainly not this one.

Hang in there, Azu-nyan.
Oct 10, 2010 10:56 PM

Jul 2009
nice ending :D

can't wait for the movie :)

K-ON! lives on ^^
Oct 11, 2010 11:50 AM

Aug 2009
for the first time and only in the last ep in K-ON!!
a "Man" shows up in the credits ^_^
Oct 11, 2010 11:50 AM

Aug 2009
for the first time and only in the last ep in K-ON!!
a "Man" shows up in the credits ^_^
Oct 11, 2010 12:53 PM

May 2010
It finally ends...oh wait the movie.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 11, 2010 2:14 PM

Oct 2009
Yey I can't wait for the movie and maybe some day we will have a next season, I hope so.
Thank you HTT :)
Oct 12, 2010 5:35 PM

Dec 2009
10/10

GATORS GONNA GATE

Oct 18, 2010 8:07 PM
Mar 2010
"Hm... Well it ended, that was pretty nice. I should watch S1 and S2 in some giant marathon. Maybe next three day weekend. I heard the manga ended too. I should get around to re- HOLY SHIT A MOVIE!"

That sums up my reactions... So... I was wondering. How? The manga ended right? So are we going off on a random throw here and getting away from the manga roots to say? I pretty worried (sorta) that it'll be a basically movie form of the anime. I think death note did that. I mean it would be cool but at the same time nothing to go OMG over. I don't they'll let the franchise die though. I bet they'll make more and more regardless of the manga. Maybe IDK.

I loved it. It got me into guitar playing (or more pushed me over the edge to start learning) back in S1 then I head the S2 announcement and went around telling everyone I know. It did not disappoint. It's a unique moe blob IMHO and it was really heart warming (especially the finally episodes.)
Oct 19, 2010 1:02 AM

Jul 2010
The movie seems not to be a summarizing program.
It will be a sequel story....

college students arc...?
Oct 19, 2010 8:15 AM

Sep 2010
zimno said:

Could you (or someone else) translate it for the non-japanese speakers?

…but we'll try

Oct 19, 2010 5:16 PM

May 2009
One of the best episodes of the whole season in my opinion. Really funny, sentimental, some nice backstory, and fancy-pants animation. I'm glad there were the teary ending episodes too, but this more upbeat end was the right way to truly finish the season.
Oct 19, 2010 6:34 PM

Jul 2010
Merushi said:
zimno said:

Could you (or someone else) translate it for the non-japanese speakers?

The production of the movie version was announced in the ending of the final episode of the anime though both the anime and manga finished finales in September, 2010.
They said that the movie will portray the subsequent of the graduating members including Yui and other members left in the light music club including Azusa .

sorry,, poor translation.
becase I'm not good at english orz
Oct 20, 2010 8:43 AM

Aug 2009
God I love K-ON! <3

Can't wait for the movie :D

Oct 20, 2010 11:41 AM

Sep 2010
Thanks zimno
You're right, it doesn't sound as a retelling of the story to me

…but we'll try

Oct 22, 2010 11:59 AM

Mar 2010
wahhh great ending... and can't wait for the movie!! tee hee :)
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Oct 22, 2010 10:33 PM
May 2009
i was going to make a snarky comment about a ttgl-style movie but when i saw those last posts i found myself jumping for joy in that the movie will be a continuation.
Oct 24, 2010 10:42 PM

Jun 2010
I just watched the entirety of both seasons and the specials this weekend and found that i truly loved this series. I really hadnt expected that I would be a fan of moe but there you go. Now Ill need to find something similar to watch all the weekends till the movie comes.
But first, I'll have to download some rock like the girls play. I miss that kind of music.
ToDo List:
1) Write two chapters
2) Read another two chapters of ____ Manga
3) Write two more chapters
4) Watch two episodes of _____ Anime
5) Write two more chapters
6) Repeat
Did you remember to eat and/or sleep today?
Oct 29, 2010 1:45 AM

Sep 2008
My only real beef with this series is the lack of live performances (which I am sure have been pointed out by hundreds of people already). Like in this episode, I thought it was a no brainer having Azunyan perform with the new K-ON at the end, yet the episode resorted to having the girls running around the school. It wasn't a bad way to go out, but surely a complete performance of Fuwa Fuwa Time would have outdone it?

Overall, a great series. All the girls are great and special in their own way, and I gotta say I really love how it avoids any conflicts what so ever (just like other animes, Aria, Lucky Star and Azumanga Daioh). It is solely centered on delivering a "feel good" wibe and that, my friends, it has achieved.

Friendship sure is awesome.
Nov 7, 2010 7:54 AM

May 2009
So I finally finished it...have to say this season is way more serious and mature than the first. Loved the part when they were running out to fuwa fuwa time but they didn't really make it clear that ui adn jun joined the light music club, had to read the manga to figure that out...

Overall, best slice of life ive seen so far in terms of enjoyment as well as production and detail. 9/10
Nov 20, 2010 5:49 AM

Feb 2008
I hated on this season a bit, but now I kind of wish there were more episodes to watch.
Nov 25, 2010 9:49 PM

Aug 2008
Hurvilo said:
Friendship sure is awesome.
Go figure... Heck yeh...

This sole episode resumed what this season was about... A funny easygoing first half and a sappy bittersweet second half :| Seriously the first half really cracked me up big time... I was laughing out loud without worrying to wake up the neighbours and my grandpas xD. Quite something people! First of all that pic was hilarious as Hell... Just tell me why they took it? I see no point LOLZ, yet they frucking cracked me up since Azunyan looked so clueless and Mugi carrying the baby doll really made it funnier xD

Yui's tricks with the oranges were great! Never thought you could do such thing hahahaha... I'll might try it one day just to freak out the naive ones hahahaha... seriously that was so random xD... And so the Yearbook came and obviously had complains xD... Yui being the one complaining the most... not surprising, tho I do agree with Sawa... She does look younger and cuter so why change the pic... it will be a remembered girl... A remembered Yearbook Photo! :P

And so they went to Sawa's apartment! Mugi's, Ritsu's and Yui's imaginations went a bit overboard, but I dun deny that Mio could have been relatively right... But we all now that Sawa is completely single and has no poential boyfriend since male species are rare in the K-ON! universe haha But we saw some in this episode LOL! Still I found their time at Sawa's place as sour since they had a good time but they were likely saying thanks and goodbye to the poor Sawako... She will feel it a lot... She will really miss them... such bummer... But this part along with the first half of the episode full of jokes and the final scene of this episode that featured a bit of Fuwa Fuwa Time (Junior Instrumental Ver.) along with the Senior Keionbu memebers had that melancholic feel... that sad-ish feel...

I'll really miss K-ON, but hooooray for Movie! I hope to watch it next year and fill up my K-ON! need for the time being... I'll leave the Specials, Spinoffs and extras for the year... and see what happens xD

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2010 12:36 AM

Jan 2010
and so it's done ;(
it was good,but the 1st season was better :p

8/10

i'm gonna miss K-ON :(
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Dec 5, 2010 7:58 AM

Feb 2010
Great series. After watching the first episode I was unsure, but I'm glad I stuck through because it turned into something awesome. Never gotten as attached to the characters in an anime before as I did here. I'm glad they did the two bonus episodes and didn't end it at 24, they were able to bring the lightheartedness back to end it on and make the ending less painful (still sad to see it go, though). Don't know what to do with myself now, maybe I'll go read the manga while I wait for the movie and pray for a S3...
Dec 13, 2010 2:47 PM

Aug 2008
All right, I'm suffering from Ending Fatigue.
Dec 27, 2010 1:05 AM
Apr 2008
I LOVE the picture at the end. xD
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE TO COME OUT!! :D
Jan 1, 2011 11:51 PM

Aug 2008
Nothing but love and warm feeling from me for this show. The stupidity, the laziness, the short attention spans, the addiction to tea and tea time, the ability to have all the fun in the world while accomplishing absolutely NOTHING. I love it all. From the most mundane moments, to the absurd fantasies. I'll be rewatching this show in some form forever. ^__^

Jan 2, 2011 1:21 AM

Aug 2007
I will miss the gorgeous lighting and colours, as well as the awesome animation!
Apr 17, 2011 11:08 AM

Jul 2009
Another great special! After all I truly love this show and I'll miss K-ON ;_;

9/10 for me
Apr 23, 2011 12:01 AM

Oct 2010
Loved this episode! So many wonderful moments. ♥

I hope the movie doesn't disappoint. /crosses fingers
[insert awesome signature here]
May 12, 2011 1:51 PM

Nov 2010
great series. gave me tons of lol's. overall 8/10 for me.
May 20, 2011 2:17 PM

Apr 2010
10/10. I love this anime. Looking forward for the MOEvie.
Jul 22, 2011 6:35 AM

May 2010
WAHH! i'm so sad it had to end! but, there's still the movie ^^
Jul 22, 2011 1:01 PM

Aug 2009
I think there already run the K-On! Season 3 on 2012 Summer
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kowal - Jun 1, 2010

171 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Today, 12:55 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Feka - May 25, 2010

148 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 22, 2:34 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Feka - May 18, 2010

196 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 19, 12:11 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kowal - May 11, 2010

163 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 18, 3:17 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kowal - May 4, 2010

192 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 16, 1:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.