Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 5, 2010 12:29 PM

Jan 2008
Not bad. Unfortunate ending for the mother and boyfriend, but that's the reality of this show, sadly.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 5, 2010 12:43 PM
Apr 2010
So what novel is the storyline of Shana II ending on? Where in the novels is the anime currently?
Oct 5, 2010 2:05 PM

Jul 2008
macgeek417 said:
So what novel is the storyline of Shana II ending on? Where in the novels is the anime currently?

Don't know tough there is no english translation of the novel so if you don't know japanese or chinese (I think there is a chinese translation tough, I might be wrong) you are pretty much fucked up.
Oct 5, 2010 2:35 PM
Mar 2010
Dandere-chan said:
otaku1793 said:
ok so im still confused...Yuji picked Shana? then they split up? Why do they split up? do they skip years before they pick up the story line? does Yuji get stronger?

Ugh so many questions raging in my head lol. need season 3!

I can answer these but it'll be in spoiler for those that don't want to be spoiled. And yes BIG SPOILER FOR S3

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! u have 2 be kidding me. this sounds ridiculously sad and depressing and makes me second guess watching season 3! WTF
Oct 5, 2010 3:09 PM

Jul 2008
otaku1793 said:
Dandere-chan said:
otaku1793 said:
ok so im still confused...Yuji picked Shana? then they split up? Why do they split up? do they skip years before they pick up the story line? does Yuji get stronger?

I can answer these but it'll be in spoiler for those that don't want to be spoiled. And yes BIG SPOILER FOR S3

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! u have 2 be kidding me. this sounds ridiculously sad and depressing and makes me second guess watching season 3! WTF

Wait what, it will be fucking better than the fucking useless triangle love and the useless fight season 1 and 2 had. Shana will be all about s3, stupid cheesy romcom never fitted in this show especially giving how the world in the show work.
Oct 5, 2010 3:18 PM
Mar 2010
Dandere-chan said:
otaku1793 said:
Dandere-chan said:
otaku1793 said:

Wait what, it will be fucking better than the fucking useless triangle love and the useless fight season 1 and 2 had. Shana will be all about s3, stupid cheesy romcom never fitted in this show especially giving how the world in the show work.

its not the fact that the triangle and comedy will be gone really. its more the fact that I want to see Shana and Yuji fighting together. Idc if they fight for evil or whatever as long as they dnt fight eachother because then in order for a satisfactory ending to happen, one or both MUST die
Oct 5, 2010 3:36 PM

Jul 2008
otaku1793 said:
Dandere-chan said:
otaku1793 said:
Dandere-chan said:
otaku1793 said:

its not the fact that the triangle and comedy will be gone really. its more the fact that I want to see Shana and Yuji fighting together. Idc if they fight for evil or whatever as long as they dnt fight eachother because then in order for a satisfactory ending to happen, one or both MUST die

Oct 5, 2010 3:50 PM
Mar 2010
Dandere-chan said:
otaku1793 said:
Dandere-chan said:
otaku1793 said:
Dandere-chan said:
otaku1793 said:

one of them has 2 die lol
Oct 5, 2010 4:19 PM

Jul 2008
otaku1793 said:
Dandere-chan said:
otaku1793 said:
Dandere-chan said:
otaku1793 said:
Dandere-chan said:
otaku1793 said:

one of them has 2 die lol

No, that's just you wanting it.
Oct 5, 2010 4:22 PM

Nov 2007
macgeek417 said:

Season 2 ended on novel 14, novel 21 is coming out November 10.

Also a couple things need some clarification here as people are getting wrong ideas:

1. Use spoiler tags when talking about whats gonna happen btw...

Hopefully this clears up some things
Oct 5, 2010 4:25 PM
Mar 2010
game8910 said:
macgeek417 said:

Also a couple things need some clarification here as people are getting wrong ideas:

i think i like this better :)
Oct 5, 2010 4:40 PM

Jul 2008
game8910 said:
macgeek417 said:

It would indeed make more sense this way, I guess I was told some things wrong.
Oct 6, 2010 1:43 AM
Apr 2010
game8910 said:
macgeek417 said:

So does this mean in S3 they both finally admit their feelings to eachother?

Since the novels are ending soon, ;ooks like we get (hopefully) 2 more seasons before they are both over.
Oct 6, 2010 7:12 AM

Sep 2008
If you guys are wondering what insert song is that when Junko/Shana was dating with Junko's boyfriend, the song is called Portamento by Mami Kawada. This song is quite old already, but super awesome!!

Btw, this episode just ended the OVA series perfectly!! Now, that leaves some clues for season 3~~~
ShoutaAzumaOct 6, 2010 7:23 AM
Oct 6, 2010 8:21 AM

Nov 2007
macgeek417 said:

Since the novels are ending soon, ;ooks like we get (hopefully) 2 more seasons before they are both over.

2. No season 4 for you, season 3 has been confirmed by the director to be the final season of the anime and the way it looks it might be waiting for the novels to end so they can animate it completely
Oct 6, 2010 12:07 PM
Apr 2010
game8910 said:
macgeek417 said:

2. No season 4 for you, season 3 has been confirmed by the director to be the final season of the anime and the way it looks it might be waiting for the novels to end so they can animate it completely

That explains the re-runs of S1 and S2 - that way they can have an excuse for the delay. There are only 2 more IIRC, so they won't have to wait long.
Oct 6, 2010 6:42 PM
Sep 2009
If the ending is what I think it is, I'm gonna punch a whole through my wall...
Oct 6, 2010 6:59 PM

Oct 2009
T_T.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2010 8:24 PM

May 2009
All in all. Me likey episode. Nearly flipped when I realized it was out. ( Like 30 mins ago. Just got done watching it.) It had a sad ending though. :( . But, meh. It happens sometimes. lol

Oct 7, 2010 3:20 AM

Jun 2009
Jrittmayer said:
Great episode, BUT I WANT SEASON 3!!!

Also, I'm sad to hear that Eclipse is shutting down. They were my favorite fan-sub group :(
I know right ;_; I can't imagine watching Shana without Eclipse subbing it!! Anyways it was a good episode.

Oct 7, 2010 5:50 AM
Jul 2008
Will Shana have a bigger chest in season 3? What will people think about this?
Oct 7, 2010 6:30 AM
Jul 2008
Jrittmayer said:
Great episode, BUT I WANT SEASON 3!!!

This.
Oct 7, 2010 8:29 AM

Jul 2008
confuser987 said:

Won't, her body cannot grow older than the moment where she did her pactio with Alastor.
Oct 7, 2010 8:43 PM
Mar 2010
Dandere-chan said:
confuser987 said:

Won't, her body cannot grow older than the moment where she did her pactio with Alastor.

Shana won't be shana if she had a big chest... she's cute as she is
Oct 8, 2010 3:17 AM

Sep 2009
This was pretty cool now just patiently waiting for third season -.-

Oct 8, 2010 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
jijijji

Nice episode i have to say, kinda sad at the end but ok, 7/10 for the 4 ovas, now to wait third season, i hope they make a great adaptation of all those great part of the novels that keep me reading without stop until now, cant wait for it *.*!!!
Oct 9, 2010 11:40 PM

Aug 2008
It was a lot better than season 2 imo 8/10.
Oct 10, 2010 5:22 PM

Feb 2009
F*ck me, why do I always have to click on that button marked "Spoiler". -_- I hate myself...

But then again it makes me actually want to watch season 3. I didn't have high hopes for it seeing how season 2 has a sh*tty love triangle plot and these OVAs aren't that great. Those spoilers made me realize that S3 actually has potential to be great if the execution is done right.
Oct 10, 2010 6:33 PM

Jul 2008
Alexstratz said:
F*ck me, why do I always have to click on that button marked "Spoiler". -_- I hate myself...

But then again it makes me actually want to watch season 3. I didn't have high hopes for it seeing how season 2 has a sh*tty love triangle plot and these OVAs aren't that great. Those spoilers made me realize that S3 actually has potential to be great if the execution is done right.

Yeah that's why to me, shana will be all about s3.
Second half of s1 and s2 totaly forgot the melancholy of the world they live in. The first two episode of s1 and the two last ova were the best thing of Shana yet and I have good hope for s3.
Oct 12, 2010 3:34 PM

Sep 2008
I liked it and all, but the best part of all OVAs was the final of this forth one. It got my desire to watch the 3rd season back. I already knew part of what was going to happen, but these spoilers explained A LOT of things.

It's a shame that VIZ doesn't publicate the novels anymore ): The anime adaptation is good, but it's always better to know the real thing.
Oct 13, 2010 1:47 PM

Sep 2009
the ep was great, and the preview was even greater.

man I can't wait

Oct 13, 2010 3:58 PM

Jan 2010
TBH i didn't enjoyed this last 2 OVAs...the only thing worth watching was the preview.

Oct 14, 2010 12:50 AM

May 2009

God bless you son

Oct 17, 2010 10:28 AM
May 2009
Man, the last two episodes were so great... why couldn't the whole OVA have been like that? Oh well, it is as it is and I genuinely enjoyed this episode.

The scene after the credits served as a nice bridge toward season III, now if it only came...
Oct 18, 2010 3:09 PM

Apr 2010
ShoutaAzuma said:
If you guys are wondering what insert song is that when Junko/Shana was dating with Junko's boyfriend, the song is called Portamento by Mami Kawada. This song is quite old already, but super awesome!!

Btw, this episode just ended the OVA series perfectly!! Now, that leaves some clues for season 3~~~

OMG Thanks much! Couldn't find it anywhere :D

Decent OVA, could've been over a shorter time period though ._.
Oct 19, 2010 7:47 PM

Nov 2008
Great episode, and as some people said, I WANT SEASON 3!

Miharu101 said:
OMFG I can't believe they are gonna make us wait while they do a rerun for season 1 and 2 then they will start off season 3. They better do like a episode a day because I can't wait much longer >.<!

If its 1 episode per week it will take a year T.T But maybe that way the novels can end with the anime, and I don´t want an original end, so if we have to wait for that, I will wait...
Oct 19, 2010 11:21 PM

Apr 2009
babler said:
It was a lot better than season 2 imo 8/10.
yes..

and that preview..
Oct 20, 2010 2:36 AM

Sep 2008
I wonder if the reairing of the first and season will be in HD... I've been meaning to rewatch both so there's a good reason.

I don't think anyone's going to bother rereleasing the first season unless its in HD though =\
Oct 20, 2010 7:20 AM

Sep 2010
Blaze-Senpai said:
I wonder if the reairing of the first and season will be in HD... I've been meaning to rewatch both so there's a good reason.

I don't think anyone's going to bother rereleasing the first season unless its in HD though =

I don't think it was even done in HD to begin with, so trying to distribute it in HD would be a bit overkill. And, Hi Blaze, see you at Ichi. :P

As a note to everyone, SS just released their sub of SnS:S 4. I'll be watching soon.
Oct 20, 2010 10:59 AM

Jan 2009
Jrittmayer said:
Also, I'm sad to hear that Eclipse is shutting down. They were my favorite fan-sub group :(
They sure were. (Well except for gg, but we all now the stunts gg pulls all the time : D)

Also, Junko's mother. Was more derp than I thought.
And seriously, you don't talk to people who look like that. That's just stupid.

...Wow, that was anti-climatic.
But I'm looking forward to season 3 : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 20, 2010 9:43 PM

Nov 2009
Great episode to end the OVA series.
I really enjoyed these past two episodes. It was a little emotional towards the end but that is how this show is. :)
After seeing that clip after the credits. I'm really looking forward to season three. Can't wait! XD
Oct 21, 2010 10:34 AM

Oct 2009
Really liked it a lot! Was quite emotional ;)
But what does she mean when she said that Yuuji and Shana separated o.o whats going on???!
I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION!

Can't wait for the third season!
Oct 21, 2010 2:15 PM

Sep 2010
DeathReaper said:
Really liked it a lot! Was quite emotional ;)
But what does she mean when she said that Yuuji and Shana separated o.o whats going on???!
I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION!

Can't wait for the third season!

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=263309&show=40#msg9662290
Oct 21, 2010 5:29 PM

Jul 2009
good eps
it was nice to see that the Shana cared about the torch she replaced
and the epilogue gave way to a possibly darker 3rd season - im really happy
kg-san said:

Asu you're still a fragile flower... But its ok cause you're a beautiful flower!

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
Oct 21, 2010 5:42 PM
Sep 2010
wow, amazing ep, the ending was so sad (almos cried), i feel quite sorry for Junko and her boyfriend and mother! is that person in the other side of the bridge Yuji?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
raiburari |

Oct 21, 2010 9:34 PM

Jun 2009
epic spoilers by dandere-chan and game8910. Now I'm anticipating Shana 3 more than Evangelion movies...
Oct 22, 2010 8:11 PM

Sep 2008
Boring.
I miss Kazumi.

That guy was pretty cool though, he almost cried from one eye to the other.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2010 9:59 AM

Jul 2010
game8910 said:
macgeek417 said:

holyshit tnx for the info :D and btw I just need to start reading volume 15 for continuation (from season 2 of anime) right?? k good coz I read only up to 13 coz I watched the anime first Nd it boerd me when I was readig the light novel -_-;; anyway tnx for the info :P

Oct 24, 2010 4:30 PM

Feb 2010
Remember kids whenever a creepy looking guy asks you to take pictures of you just walk away.

Ending was what? :O I guess he didn't chose anyone all along.
Oct 26, 2010 6:47 AM
Mar 2008
Bittersweet ending, liked it :)
Now bring us S3, please.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana S Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

3486723428460 - Jun 23, 2010

134 by GoldenPincers »»
Nov 29, 2022 3:26 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana S Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chocolaetmaelk - Feb 9, 2010

162 by GoldenPincers »»
Nov 29, 2022 3:12 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana S Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Oct 22, 2009

194 by GoldenPincers »»
Nov 29, 2022 3:04 PM

» 4th Episode Questions!

hawky2009 - Sep 21, 2010

9 by Vanon »»
Oct 1, 2010 1:27 PM

» So when episode 3 and 4 are suposed to be out?

Alycen - Apr 6, 2010

12 by Lightyear8684 »»
Sep 15, 2010 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.