Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Giant Killing
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 26, 2010 10:10 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice way to end the show. 8/10
Sep 26, 2010 10:19 AM

Mar 2008
LOVED it. I could really feel for the characters, and I miss them already. 9/10
Sep 26, 2010 10:43 AM

Dec 2007
The curry party was funny ^^
Sep 26, 2010 10:48 AM

Jul 2007
Good ending I guess. Any confirmation for season 2? (manga readers?).

I don't mind it ending this way though, finally the club gets along, they have a national player and it seems promising in the future.
Sep 26, 2010 10:51 AM

Aug 2009
great ep and great series...well deserved 8/10
Sep 26, 2010 10:59 AM

Apr 2010
I almost cried in the ending song.
Sep 26, 2010 11:22 AM

Dec 2009
very good ending, reminded me of how eyeshield 21 ended.

im really going to miss Giant Killing, was so awesome
Sep 26, 2010 11:26 AM

May 2009
oooooooh ETU .... great ending , great series
Sep 26, 2010 11:39 AM

Nov 2009
So they rushed through all the rest of the season in 12 minutes after spending 4 episodes on a single drawn out match? Umm? I am guessing no season two for sure.

The show was able to provide a few exciting moments, and showed good character development. However, this was the show i dreaded watching each week,and i am not exactly sure why. Overall, it was a 'fine' show. It had bad pacing, was boring at times, but then pulled off those omg will he make it moments.
Sep 26, 2010 12:14 PM

Aug 2008
Ok ending to a promising show that couldn't deliver.

5/10
Sep 26, 2010 12:39 PM

Mar 2009
the rewatch rate for this is very high.
Liked it really but the ending wasn't the best. Still 10/10
Sep 26, 2010 1:09 PM
Nov 2009
Good show, it delivered for me. Ending was alright, good setup for a second season.

8/10
Sep 26, 2010 2:20 PM

Mar 2009
If this is the end of this, fine. One of the BEST surprises this year hands down. Great characters and a great story. 10/10.
Sep 26, 2010 3:00 PM

Aug 2009
going to miss Giant Killing, especially the players, it was a good ending, and seeing that they've encounter hard times but still progressing to become a great team through out the whole series was great :D

i give this a 9/10

Sep 26, 2010 3:49 PM

Jun 2009
Not a bad final episode. So we reached the half way point of the football season, therefore I assume midseason transfer window would be soon if there is a 2nd season and decide to include that. Good to see them get a national player though surprised it wasn't Gino or Tsubaki. Anyway liked that curry party idea and how it closed with ETU chants.

This anime I felt had a lot of potential but didn't cash in on it. The pacing was bad, spending 3-4 eps on one match and then going through 3 matches in one ep like in this one. I do give them credit for the way they were able to capture the identities of the players and the internal issues of a football club....just wished for more in-game action. Not sure if I'd be really looking forward to a season 2.

7/10
Sep 26, 2010 3:50 PM

Feb 2010
Sports animes not being my favorite genre I still have to say I enjoyed this more than expected. Very realistic and more mature than many other sports series and with a great soundtrack. Definitely my favorite Sports Anime
8/10
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 26, 2010 3:55 PM
Aug 2008
I specially liked the ETU chant at the end:

Glory East Tokyo United,
Glory East Tokyo United,
Glory East Tokyo United,
As ETU go marching on on on!

Because it clearly reminds me of my favorite team chant:

Glory, glory Man. United,
And the reds go marching on on on!

Even the melody was similar. So, I guess, now we know for which team the show producers are rooting. :)
Sep 26, 2010 4:08 PM

Feb 2007
This should have been 50 episodes!

<3 <3 Gino <3 <3 <3 Akasaki <3
Sep 26, 2010 6:27 PM

Dec 2008
This was an amazing sports anime. And it is probably up there with my favs.
The only problem I found with it was it did not have good pacing. It was kinda... all over the place I guess.
But I loved how it had perspectives from people other than the players and managers. Each player were fleshed out pretty well and had their own unique personality. Which is probably the biggest reason why I loved this anime so much. c:

So I think I will probably give this a 9.2/10
Such a shame the pacing was kinda lacking... Or I would've given it a better score. :c
DeviantART: apple-seed.deviantart.com
Sep 26, 2010 8:15 PM

Feb 2009
OK ending. This anime had a lot of potential that didn't materialize properly in my opinion. Still it was entertaining for the most. 6/10

Sep 26, 2010 9:18 PM

May 2010
such great series, the last ep was great, i dunno what to say else but i wish there was more
ETU all the way
almost shed some tears during the last part
truly realistic and i have taken so much liking to it
i'll give this 9/10
already miss this one
and they're only halfway through the season
a 2nd season would be nice even though chances are low

~Nyaaa~

Sep 26, 2010 9:31 PM

Jun 2008
It was a good ride. I really hope to see a S2 someday. *sigh*

7/10. :D
Sep 26, 2010 9:41 PM

Aug 2008
eduardische said:

Glory East Tokyo United,
Glory East Tokyo United,
Glory East Tokyo United,

Even the melody was similar. So, I guess, now we know for which team the show producers are rooting. :)
That was the Chant? Well I never doubted that the name could kinda come from say... ManU... But hey the team's not entirely based on ManU but the Uniforms, both Local and Away do look like Milan's! I guess our dear authors roots for ManU and AC Milan xD

Well that said, I felt that this anime had an awesome plot, a part of this awesome sport that's not usually ecplored in the Anime/Manga industry... This series is really somethin different... I do agree that the pacing/plot development the producers chose weren't the best, still managed to deliver what they were supposed to... The Epicness and the Up and Downs of the Football World... Really a surprisingly well made plot... story... An anime that deserves to be recognized and have it's own place in the Sports Anime genre... since a few depicts the reality so hard as this Anime, it reall has to be tagged as a good one... It had everything less a Red Card.... XD Everythign happened here... and reading the spoilers of the last comment (atm) of GK 25 really makes me crave for the manga... and a Second Season... Let's pray hard for a S2!

Regarding this episode... Well it was a perfect closure episode.... just as the Opening of the first episode was epic, this last episode really lived up to that Opening and was just as epic as it was.... I know that the sudden speed up of the matchs is quite lame, when we watch a Soccer Anime we expect to see mostly pitch action right, but in the end this series is not about that but everythig around the world of Football, focused in the genius of Tatsumi of course, yet covered a lot of what Football is... I wonder if the Japanese League is just as fun as it is in this anime... gotta follow it up...

And so they Won 3 matches (one worth for the Japanese Cup) and draw one after their won over Osaka... Nice... Looks like ETU is really pulling up and will somehow take over the LEague... So far looks promising, too bad the Anime had to leave it there in suspense.....

Akasaki being called for the Olympic National Team was awesome! I guess what Yuri said is true... pulls some attention around and finally ETU gets some fame... More fans and the such... Bringing Tatsumi back and making him the Head Coach of the Team was an awesome idea... Thanks Goto for letting us see the miracle... maybe they had troubles at the beginning but hey he really did it... His dream is coming true... The Giant Killing is happening... just as happened in the English Fifth Tier Team... Wonder if ETU will somehow manage to go somewhere wilder than where thay are at the moment... Like to the Club World Cup or somethign like that... It would be awesome to see ETU defeating an African Champion.. or somethin like that... xD

And what happened with East Ham United, Tatsumi is somehow being successful and also pulling that here in ETU... I loved his idea for a free day... Getting everyone together and enjoy a Curry Party.. I get it know... His idea was awesome... that felt really good... I wanna see next manga vol./chapter out soon!!!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2010 10:05 PM

Jan 2009
its over and love the ending song 8/10
Sep 26, 2010 11:18 PM

May 2009
Great show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2010 1:43 AM

Jun 2009
Well, I certainly enjoyed it and Tatsumi is an interesting chracter. The ending is fine as well. 9/10 for this anime and that is coming from someone who didn't expect something from giant killing at the start. Hoping for 2nd season.
Sep 27, 2010 1:58 AM

May 2010
great soccer anime ..not the typical one tho. 9/10 good ending imo. alot of charaackter development + realistic soccer..realy enjoyed it since i played myself in a club many years.
Sep 27, 2010 3:09 AM

Feb 2010
great scoccer anime :) very realistic imo
Sep 27, 2010 4:44 AM

May 2008
9/10 this is such a nice show =X Curry party... I WANT SOME CURRY

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 27, 2010 9:27 AM
Mar 2010
Phah, the ending was actually the song glory man united, just lyrics is a bit changed. I loved anime I think I'll start reading manga. Anime 10/10 It's really a masterpiece. And I really can say, that this anime is the best football anime and one of the best of sports anime.
Sep 27, 2010 2:46 PM

May 2008
Good ending for the series which I enjoyed a lot and now I quite feel sad that it's over. I really hope for a second season at least the last episode was a nice setup for a possible continuation.
Never enjoyed football this much~
Sep 27, 2010 3:04 PM
Dec 2007
The ending was actually pretty cool, even if most of the show was a huge letdown. The football parts were maybe the worst I've seen till Captain Tsubasa (at least these were funny, GK ones are just painful to watch and take up half of the series). Strangely, as soon as the focus changes to the background of the club or Tatsumi's management, it gets more interesting. Let's consider that the human factor is better depicted than the sports factor here. 6/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 27, 2010 3:56 PM

Mar 2010
''United we stand, fry a frag kaze o uketomete
United we stand, fry a frag tanabike shouri no frag''

You'll be miss Giant Killing
Sep 27, 2010 4:26 PM

Dec 2007
It was an ok ending, the show overall was very good.

One of the few sport anime that i really enjoyed a lot watching.
Sep 27, 2010 4:56 PM

Apr 2009
ok ending.. nice setup for what's to come..

and after all this years, i've finally watched a sports anime again.. thanks, Giant Killing..
Sep 28, 2010 9:02 AM

Sep 2009
What a beautiful episode to end this exciting and most thrilling journey.

first of all, I disagree with most of what people said about the idea of jumping through the matches we had this episode after we got 5 rounds for Osaka's match.

the reason ETU vs Osaka took longer time than any other match because it presented us with all what we needed for football series, and it came in a critical time as ETU was still unbalanced and all of the team's boardroom, fan and journalists having doubts about ETU's capabilities, while most of its players still lacking in a lot of aspects for a pro footballer, the need to refine and believe in their own football skills, also to gain the necessary experience by going on par against what could by their permanent nemesis.

what happened after Osaka's match? Kuroda got over his height problem and no longer has problems with high players, Sugie got better in marking and analyzing his opponents capabilities, Kiyo and Hama learned to avoid making lethal mistakes in the worst times, Mr.ETU and Gino as awesome as always, while both Akasaki (the Olympic player) and Tsubaki developed and gained more control over the ball which proved pretty effective to the team's performance, and finally Natsuki figuring out his identity as striker and what he needs to do on the field and Sera admitting his forward skills while scoring the decisive goal he always dreamed of.

not to mention the master mind behind all of this and the football manger with the most brilliant tactics and strategies, Tatsumi Takeshi, who knew how to take compete advantage of his players skills and led them to glorious victories.

it couldn't have been any better, 10/10 and definitely up to my No.1 favorite anime of all times, the same applies to the manga and I can't wait to start reading it.
Sep 28, 2010 4:07 PM

Mar 2009
8/10
Sep 29, 2010 7:19 AM
Sep 2009
eduardische said:

Glory East Tokyo United,
Glory East Tokyo United,
Glory East Tokyo United,

Yes, I was wondering at the beginning of the series if ETU have anything to do with Manchester United... with the main rival of the series the Gunners

For the name being "United" and the chant with drum of "E-T-U" instead of "U-ni-ted" was unsure... but the chant at the last episode "Glory East Tokyo United" instead of "Glory Glory Man United" confirmed the reference of Manchester United xD
Sep 30, 2010 11:27 AM

Sep 2009
great soccer anime, later i do a better post

a question: what's the language of Chiba's manager? I am curious :B
"The second place is the first place of the losers"
"God is big, God is strong and when He wants there isn't who wants"
"Everybody has a limit. My limit is over the others"
Ayrton Senna da Silva
------------------------------------------------------------------

Brazilian, Rio, Soccer, Geek, Gamer, Vivaldi Browser mod and beta tester

Oct 1, 2010 8:29 PM

Nov 2007
Odd way to end the show. What's going on with Gino? Hopefully a second season (if there is one) will clear that up.

I quite enjoyed the show, although there were times when the good points (realistic playing, some characterisation) were balanced out by weaker points (pacing, stretching the time between players, rivals and fans). A 5/10 overall from me.
yamakasiOct 1, 2010 8:33 PM
Oct 1, 2010 11:13 PM

Sep 2008
Well the last ep was pretty rushed but the last bit was good. Overall enjoyed the show a fair bit. Not quite as amazing as some of the other sports Anime out there but it had its own moments. Guess it was just a bit of a mix of good and decent in the earlier parts but the last game was great. 8/10.

Also nice to see a place from Asakusa I recognize again (The Shrine they were handing out the things in front of). Awesome how the club is there.
Oct 2, 2010 4:10 AM
Jan 2008
I enjoyed the ending no serious drama or major cliff hanger, just chilling with the fans and having fun. And that's how sports should be. Aside, the show reminds me of the movie Big Green. 10/10
Oct 2, 2010 3:47 PM

Dec 2009
Good ending to a good anime. [8/10]
No complains for a season 2.
Oct 4, 2010 12:50 AM

Aug 2010
It was interesting while it lasted, especially at the beginning. I'd say that the first episode was at a 9.5, but it worked its way down to an 8 in th end. It's too bad it's over.
Oct 10, 2010 4:53 AM

Jun 2009
Why they should end this anime with ManFUCKING United's anthem...

They should use YNWA ~You'll Never Walk Alone~ as the ending anthem....

the real ETU or FC TOKYO play YNWA ~You'll Never Walk Alone~ before their game.
IZUMI64Jun 24, 2011 8:19 PM
Oct 10, 2010 6:31 PM

Sep 2010
I enjoyed the ending. There wasn't serious drama or a major cliff hanger. Loved it, no complaints. :P
Oct 12, 2010 12:25 AM
Sep 2007
It was a nice watch started out good, but they didn't know how to pace the episodes, it was either to long or to quick. Like another person said should of been a 50 ep or more anime. I think they pulled the trigger to quick on making this into a anime, or they should of done it like Major, in seasons.
Hi
Oct 16, 2010 6:28 AM

Nov 2009
As usual a good sport anime.

Gino was by far the best on the squad and was happy to see Sera finally growing.

I would like to see a season 2 though id probably wait til it aired too before watching it as some of the cliffhangers on this were horrible =P

I scored this an 8/10
Oct 21, 2010 2:05 PM

May 2007
Glory East Tokyo United !

Oct 30, 2010 1:45 AM

May 2010
There just HAS to be a season 2!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 5 Discussion

throwaway513846 - May 2, 2010

45 by Dywei »»
Jan 28, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 16 Discussion

helur - Jul 18, 2010

28 by cableguyjay »»
Sep 11, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 17 Discussion

BitchMaster - Jul 25, 2010

29 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Mar 19, 2023 10:04 PM

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kagura89 - Apr 4, 2010

99 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:14 PM

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 19 Discussion

devilangell - Aug 8, 2010

38 by Shiroko_kun »»
Oct 7, 2022 12:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.